TJ09

2011-12-25 - Happy Holidays

My hatchies grew up some hours ago. <: I do like the adult sprites and the wings remind me of the BBWs. ^-^ Think I might do a flamingo or BBW pairing for these guys.

I kind of feel sorry for them though, I gave them really bad names. :U /will keep toying around with ideas

Thanks for the sprite, Earthgirl, and I hope you're not too bummed out about this. Art will always remain subjective. <3

Just remembered that the Christmas event isn't completely over yet - still got the raffle to go. Chances would be pretty slim given the number of entrants but oooh. :D Good luck everyone. x3

Edited by Varekis

... my first Holiday release. v.v

Heh! You are always here, drawing dragons, helping others draw dragons, being kind and helpful in general...I forgot to look at it that way...that it is your first Holiday release. A Christmas release too! Very distinguished small crowd of five artists get to share that bragging right.

Well done! I'm proud of you.

Asher

Thank you TJ and Earthgirl for another great release, I'm loving the colors of the sprites and I'll be trying to find good mates for them so I can breed them next Christmas. Mine still have a few days left before they grow up, I can't wait until they do. Now if I can just get lucky at the raffle I'll be one happy camper but I'm not going to hold my breath on that cause I know I won't win but if I do it'll be the icing on a great Christmas cake.

I find it really sad how so many of you amazing spriters in this place seem to have meltdowns whenever a few people don't like your work... especially when the greater majority of people DO love the sprite. T___T

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder, guys... be proud of what you've done, be happy for all the people who like it, and that's all that matters! <3

Thisssssssss. The sprite is beautiful, Earthgirl. You know it, the majority of the community knows it. All is good biggrin.gif

I don't get it...I snagged my eggs like 2 minutes after midnight the day they dropped, incubated them...and they still have 6 hours to go before they're adults! O.o

How do these holiday dragons get made? Do you sprite a dragon and then one day TJ poofs beside and asks you to design a new christmas release?

Or do you present the idea to him (via PM or whatever)?

I've always been curious about this myself.

Anywho, my hatchling is pretty close to growing up now. <3

I absolutely love these dragons! <3 My hatchies'll grow up in about a day, I can't wait! Imma pair one with an Autumn Seasonal and the other with a Magma(I think)! Now I've just gotta catch a CB Magma and a CB Autumn when they come around again(my CB Autumn is male.. sleep.gif). xd.png

Edited by Raikielia

I /love/ the adult sprites. I'm wriggling in anticipation waiting for them to grow up~

Earthgirl, you did an AMAZING job on these. Thanks for your hard work!

Another 6 hours and I will have my adults tongue.gif Hope EG posts with her alts to show their glory when they grow smile.gif

Im so happy my hatchies finally grew up wub.gif They look stunning on my page! smile.gif

Amazing! I already have 2 offspring from the Winter Magi. I bred one to a Red and the other to a Hellfire. I love the Hellfire cross with the Winter Magi. And I love the fact that the WM have a masculine quality about them that shows up well in the cross between the two. Can't wait to see what other people pair their WM with. I suspect that these new holiday dragons will be showing up in lots of lineages and breeding projects due to their beauty.

I'm dying to see 2011 Xmas x Silver/Gold tinsel @.@

I have a rule change I'd like to request along with my holiday kudos. I'll find the proper place to put the request as well, but I'd like it seen here, too.

Could the mods decide that news posts where TJ debuts a dragon isn't the place for critique but merely squee and thanks? I've long thought that the "critiques" (sometimes disguised as negative comments) should be held somewhere else, like Site Discussion, while the News posts be reserved for "Thank-you"s.

TJ makes a post giving us dragons and it eventually devolves into something a little unhappy and snarky, even with mods stepping in. I think that more people look at the news announcement posts and want to come here to celebrate our good fortune and happiness. Not read a bunch of "not the way I would have done it" (and worse) posts.

I'm not asking for a forum-wide rule change, just a change on News Announcement posts. Someone can always start a critique thread elsewhere and people interested in commenting, happy and sad, could go there.

=-=-=-=

All that said, this was another surprising, fun holiday event at the Cave, and I can only imagine the work that went into it. But, having run holiday events of a different sort, I can say with all sincerity that I appreciate everyone's efforts to the bottom of my winter boots.

TJ, Skinst, Marrionetta, Earthgirl and anyone else who helped make this a holiday to remember - thank you so much for your creativity, time and holiday spirit. You were all very generous to us in many ways, and I recognize and honor you for it.

<3

Edited by stardust13

Could the mods decide that news posts where TJ debuts a dragon isn't the place for critique but merely squee and thanks? I long thought that the "critiques" (sometimes disguised as negative comments) should be held somewhere else, like Site Discussion, while the News posts be reserved for "Thank-you"s.

That sounds like censorship.

Honestly, reading back, as a person who does art as a hobby as well, I find most of the criticism on the sprite quite valid. I think that especially if the artist works alone and only the admin sees the sprite before its release, they should be prepared that people WILL criticise the finished piece. Just because you have feelings because of the critique, doesn't remove the right to criticise, as long as it's constructive. Especially how, again, most of the critique was perfectly valid. It's the heated reactions of some members that made it boil down to something unenjoyable.

Edited by lightbird

Yay, mine grew up!

Earthgirl, I personally like them. They look new and a bit different, but that's nothing bad, is it? The colors and the shadings look just great!

I love these! They're so shiny and colorful. And I don't know why, but they make me think of candy. And candy makes me happy. laugh.gif

Thanks, Earthgirl, for all your hard work on creating the Winter Magis for us. They are beyond lovely. <3