TJ09

2011-12-25 - Happy Holidays

Wow! The new X-Mas dragons are really stunning!

I love how they look and I think they would go well with several different breeds!

I cannot wait to breed my two!

What is the name of this new breed..?

Woah, drama. I think the sprite is quite well done technically, Kila has some valid points on the colouring, but those are details. Anatomically, who can say, maybe it's just because we can't see all "fingers" or whatever the discussion is about from the angle that we see it.

The sprite is not my favorite, but my objection would be with the colours. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but we already had a christmas dragon with the exact same colour scheme with the tri-coloured Snow Angel, which makes it a bit repetitive imo. On the positive side, I guess the new one will make a good breeding partner with Snow Angel. Too bad my Snow Angels have pure Gold wings.

To be honest with everyone, I don't really want to deal with critiques on my first Holiday release. v.v

I'm just going to plug my ears and go 'lalala' for the time being. okay?

Problem solved.

Thank you very much for killing my enjoyment for my first ever Holiday release. v.v

Alright on that note, I will close this topic for awhile.

Edit to add: Members dragons are starting to mature, I will reopen this topic for members to post.

Edited by _Z_

Aaaah, I haven't been here since glancing in to see the adult sprites...

I think they look really good! I'd really like to see what they look like from the back, but I love the pose they have right now, like they've been surprised into flying or something.

And yeah, they really do look like colorful Night Furies! So pretty... aah, I wish this wasn't just a Holiday dragon, I'd build an army of these cute little guys.

Still have four hours on mine. Can't wait to have my boys all grown up and looking for mates. laugh.gif

What is the name of this new breed..?

They are called Winter Magi

My two boys have just grown up and I love them even more. Changed their names too.

Awesome job, Earthgirl! Now to figure out mates xd.png

Woo, mine should grow up soon. :3

Can't wait to find them mates... I wonder if I have any available white females...

Mine grew up a little past midnight. I did freeze a s2 as well. I love both of the sprites. I just wish we could have more than two.

Mine still has 4 hours to grow, but I must say that I LOVE the dragon, specially the adult sprite, it's really gorgeous!

Yay, one grew up and I'm waiting for the second.

What to breed with now? tongue.gif

*Edit* Forgot I'm egg locked, but my one egg is just about to hatch so I just have to wait a little.

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

To be honest with everyone, I don't really want to deal with critiques on my first Holiday release. v.v

I'm just going to plug my ears and go 'lalala' for the time being. okay?

Problem solved.

Thank you very much for killing my enjoyment for my first ever Holiday release. v.v

The sprites are awesome. My favorite out of all the Christmas dragons so far by far (I'm sorry, Yulebucks! ;A;). Don't let a few criticisms get you banged up. Either they're good critiques you should be grateful for or they're tactless rude people who you shouldn't pay attention to in the first place.

I find it really sad how so many of you amazing spriters in this place seem to have meltdowns whenever a few people don't like your work... especially when the greater majority of people DO love the sprite. T___T

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder, guys... be proud of what you've done, be happy for all the people who like it, and that's all that matters! <3

There are so many possibilities in mates, its hard to choose. I like how the greens interact between the WM and the Spotted Greenwing, so I might do that one first.

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

Yay! biggrin.gif I now have 2 adults! And I love the sprite more each time I see it. Glad to have a Christmas sprite with these colors. Been wanting this color combination since the snow angels because I got the one with the white wings. Now to find the perfect mates........

I haven't seen it mentioned (although I haven't read every single page) but I sort of imagine these dragons as rather small, the type that might flit about rather like humming birds. Does anyone else envision these dragons as small or do most people see them as being large dragons? I'm curious as to what other people think they are like, unless earthgirl has said anything specific about it?

How do these holiday dragons get made? Do you sprite a dragon and then one day TJ poofs beside and asks you to design a new christmas release?

Or do you present the idea to him (via PM or whatever)?

Edited by Ashywolf

As far as I'm concerned, the adult sprite is beautiful. smile.gif Mine still have a day and a half to go, but I can't wait.

I haven't seen it mentioned (although I haven't read every single page) but I sort of imagine these dragons as rather small, the type that might flit about rather like humming birds. Does anyone else envision these dragons as small or do most people see them as being large dragons? I'm curious as to what other people think they are like, unless earthgirl has said anything specific about it?

Because of the wings, I've imagined them as huge enough that it could pick me up in its claws and carry me around. tongue.gif But I can see how it would look hummingbird-like...