Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

For a few seconds nothing happened with Cyrus, but then there was a sudden beep, and the android sat bolt upright. "Emergency rebooting process engaged, Checking all systems, sending homing signal to Yamaha Tech INC," he began to rattle off. A humming sound started up inside Cyrus's chest. "Insuficant power source detected. Unable to activate personality mainframe at this time. Please be patient, an association associate will arrive shortly with an appropriate power source. Untill an association associate arrives, please make no attempt to communicate, as any attempted communications will fall on unresponsive auditory receptors. Entering sleep mode now. ." With his short prerecorded speech finished, cyrus fell mostly silent once more, aside from the humming sound.

Moonshine stumbelled as they made their way, grinning and talking about the time she 'saved this guy's ass with a pitchfork in a dream where ponies rule the world and the sun and moon were control by strange ponies with wings and horns.' "And it wasn't a dream I found out later. It was a show!!!" She laughed and then hickupped, and they passed an alleyway. Suddenly a man darted out with a knife and said "Give me all your-" Before he could even finish Moonshine had jmped into action. Her emotions turned as cold as ice, the bad ice that can freeze a person to death in seconds. She pinned the man, the knife falling into her hands as she pined him with one arm and held him here with the knife. Her voice was cold, and almost like an entirely different person. The man realised how out of depth he was. "I-I'm sorry I need the money to pay for my daugters medicine" he lied through his teeth. His heart hammerd and Moonshine gave a toothy grin that did not reach her eyes. "Oh? Well I'm afraid not only won't she get her medication but she won't be getting her father back either." The knife slid back as she prepared to murder the man when suddenly she froze, the man had closed his eyes and was crying. He opened them when he realised nothing had hapened, and found Moonshine staring at him intently. Those eyes seeme to be debating wether to kill him or not, and there was no doubt in his mind she would kill him. She dropped him to the floor and kicked him away. He jmped up and dashed away, searing off stealing and theft for a lifetime. Moonshine trecked back to Tegan, and then fell back on him, using him to keep herself upright she returned to the happy drunk she was before the man showed up, talking about a strange show with robor monkeys and this kid who had some kind of super monkey robot powers even though he wasn't a robot at all.

((Belated Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of you!!!

And Fortune - The monster wasn't close to any of my charries was it?))

Tegan gave her a strange look. "We need to talk when you are sober" He said in a neutral tone.

For someone who had been educated by one of the big Superhero Schools Tegan had a quite liberate attitude about crime as long as he wasn't targeted himself.

But he drew his line at murder and even though the mugger clearly had initiated the attack by the time Moonshine had threatened him the man had been utterly helpless and she had been in control.

He needed to find out if she had been serious about her threat.

---

"So, that's Tegan? He can find me a piano?"

"Yes, that is Tegan. I am not totally sure he'll be able to find you a piano, but I think so."

"He's cute."

"So I am told." Moira said, who felt unable to judge cuteness on her own.

"And this one's your boyfriend?. He... looks strong. Are his eyes naturally red?"

"He is doing bodybuilding. He likes to be strong. And no, the red is from contacts. Without them they are dark brown. But he rarely takes them of.

I don't know what hair colour he has naturally. He is constantly changing it's colours."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine swayed, and blinked. "Talk, about what?" Shaking her head she pointed to the park and said "Mind if we...Stop at a bench there for a little while. I need to sit down." She paused and blinked at Tegan before frowning. "You know...I don't know what it is but you look so...." She paused, thinking of the word through the haze. "Serious?" She shrugged and motioned toward the park. "Mind dragging me to the bench?"

Not knowing what else to do the officers left Cyrus plugged in but locked him inside the interview room.

~~~

People were slowly making their way back into the street, so Eli decided it was time to leave. He got a few suspicious glances as he walked past, but nobody said or did anything. After a few minutes he found himself on a empty side road and breathed out in both relief and annoyance. Today had not started well.

With Garth having vanished along with the dragon he was at a loss for something to do. He didn't feel like returning home and being told off by caim, not just yet, but there weren't many places that were happy to admit a Necromancer. He wasn't even allowed in at the cinema when they were showing certain types of movie in case it made him jump.

As he was walking he saw the park in the distance. He smiled to himself and headed in its direction. Ducks didn't care who or what you were, as long as you had some bread.

He stopped off in a small newsagents on the way and picked up a loaf and then entered the park. He found a bench by the lake and started to rip up the bread into small pieces. Moments later he was surrounded by small, feathery and quacking creatures.

"You know...I don't know what it is but you look so....serious?

"I am always serious." Tegan said who didn't want to get into the discussion right now. "except when I am not."

"Mind dragging me to the bench?"

Tegan put one arm around her shoulder. "I might be a lover instead of a fighter." He put another arm under her derrière. "But I am not a weakling."

He swept her up into his arms. Her lite form felt absolutly right against him. He carried her to the bench and carefully put her to her feet again.

Tegan shrugged of his jaket and put it on the bench before he urged her to sit down.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine sat down on the bench, snorting at the jacket and saying "Just how old scool can you be?" it was obviously the alcahol talking, but Moonshine clsed her eyes for a moment and sighed. Suddenly, she was asleep, you could tell by the fact her body was slowly drifting to the side, threatening to wake her up with a smack from bench to head. Her emotioned quietened, and soon there was nothing but her there. Moonshine dreamed, but it wasn't a plesant dream, and she frowned in discomfort.

Moonshine sat down on the bench, snorting at the jacket and saying "Just how old scool can you be?"

Tegan raised a brow which gave him a certain arrogance. "That's called manners where I come from. I'd suggest you wait with demonstrating how tough and independent you are until you are sober again. Or I might be forced to really revert to my old school training."

He couldn't tell how much she had heard because her body was drifting slowly to the side and her emotions quieted.

Tegan held her and - fishing for the jacket she had spurned put it again on the bench so that her head came to rest on it.

He watched her fondly for a bit. The hardness he had felt in her earlier had vanished.

The serenity didn't hold. Something was disturbing Moonshine in her sleep. He could feel her discomfort and see her frown.

Moonshine couldn't help bit shiver. She was back in the sphere, the whispers were talking to her. "Don't....resist..." She mumbelled, her emotions swirling from distress, to a little bit of fear. "Whispers....Can't......Will....." Suddenly, she jerked awake and immediately sat up and held her head, completely missing Tegan even being there. For a few moments, all that was in her head was those same voices, crawling around it it, and it was one of the few things she really feared. After calming down, she glanced to the side and jumped to see Tegan there, automatically teleporting to the other side of the bench before realising who it was. "Just Tegan" She muttered to herself, rubbing her head. "Now I remember why I stopped drinking..." She groaned. "Stupid nightmares...."

Something seemed to startle the ducks and a few of them wandered off. Eli looked around to see what had upset them and saw only a young couple on a bench some distance away. He had no way of knowing that the girl had, from the duck's point of view, popped in and out of existence.

Shrugging he went back to throwing down bits of bread to the birds that had remained for a few moments when he remembered something. Looking back round he realised that the boy was the same one who had been with Louise. Eli had assumed at the time that he was her boyfriend, but now he was a with a different girl. He hopped he had made a mistake somewhere along the line. To be cheating on your girlfriend the day her mother died was rather despicable.

Shrugging and hoping for the best, he turned his attention back to the ducks.

"Whispers....Can't......Will....." , whatever Moonshine was dreaming didn't seem to get better. Tegan reached out to her, intending to wake her up.

Suddenly she jerked up, almost slamming her head into his nose, panic pouring from her.

Tegan gathered his powers, intending to calm her, but when her frantic gaze met him, she teleported away. Ducks started quacking.

Before he could worry he felt her presence on the other side of the bench. Her terror was calming on it's own.

"Just Tegan" She muttered to herself, rubbing her head. "Now I remember why I stopped drinking..." She groaned. "Stupid nightmares...."

"What did you dream?" He asked. "You said something about whispering."

Moonshine rubber her eyes and paused for a few moments. "An old memory. And old enemy..." Turning to him she said "There are a few people I respect and don't mess with, but there is only one group I have felt fear associated with" She paused and sighed. "They called themselves the whispers. They trapped me in this sphere, I couldn't teleport out of it. Their voices were on a recording....constantly whispering into my mind..." She shuddered. "I don't know what their power was, but there was definately something in their voice. I don't remember much of what transpired, but murder was definitely one of them..." Pausing she glanced to the duck pool and frowned, before turning back and saying. "I don't know, but sometimes on certain nights. Mostly when I drink mind you, their voices..." She paused and let the sentence hang, closing her eyes and leaning back. "Imagine it tegan, knowing you power could save you from the prison, and not being able to use it while they slowly taqke away all the things you hope for....He didn't come...." She opened them again, her gaze on the sky, calm once more. "My final hope never came...I never realised when I did finally see him again, I was orderd to kill...And so I did..."

Yamaha was back in is office, getting ready to review progress reports from the various departments of the company. The vials of the crystal beast's blood had been in a cryo stasis container awaiting further study, and Yamaha didn't want to be bothered with anything.

The private intercom channel beeped, breaking the silence. Yamaha sighed, then put the reports tat he had just ben about to read. He reached over, pressed the 'talk' button, and spoke clearly into the mouthpiece, "Yes, What is it?"

The familiar voice of his secretary piped up in reply, "We've just picked up Cyrus's homing beacon, sir. Readings indicate that he's at the police station."

"Thank you Rosa, I'll be on my way."

"OK sir, I'll mark that in the records and call in the limo. Oh! and sir? My name is ac-"

The secretary's voice was cut off by yamaha lifting his finger from the 'talk' button.

Yamaha was soon in the underground garage of the YTI building. He watched as the limo pulled in and deposited it's passenger. "Your armor is nearly finished drying out master, I recommend you get yourself to a drying room as well."

"You forget, Yamaha, that we share our minds. Any idea of yours is essentially my own," Talon replied.

"Of course master, but one of us needs to say the things the other won't admit"

Talon walked over to the wall, and accessed a hidden panel. "You're right, as always, but that hardly makes you my conscience." The cyboarg pressed a button, and a hidden door opened. Talon stepped in, and vanished from view.

Once he was sure Talon was gone, Yamaha sighed. "We may share our minds, but soon, I will no longer need you, Master," Yamaha said venomously. The scientist got in the limo, which then departed for the police station.

Issac, Leon and Isis walked about the streets, looking for any indications of places to stay. Everytime a person walked by, Issac eyed them carefully. It was almost as if he wanted to make sure that if they tried anything, he'd be ready for them. His hands kept on hovering in the general area of his guns, waiting for something... anything... to happen.

"You alright Issac?" Leon asked tapping his friend on the shoulder. "You've been acting a bit strange today, anything wrong?"

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me." Issac's cold eyes continued analyzing people who passed by. The grand old cities of this world... I still wonder why I came back here, but Athlon wasn't any good either. I kept running into problems there... Maybe I'm just better built for survival in the city than in the woods or far-spaced fortresses. Demons and ghosts are much more difficult to handle than any human any day... They don't have blood the same way, I can't always feel them out... Humans on the other hand... Issac paused his thoughts as he saw a little stand with free maps of the city. Grabbing one, he looked it over quickly then pocketed it. "How about we head over to the park or something? We could probably do with some time to think in a peaceful area. Plus with this map, we can look over some places to stay or something."

"Alright then..." Leon still noticed Issac's somewhat paranoid watching of people who passed by. Whatever had happened to him as a kid still affected him, even Leon had no clue what had fully happened to Issac, but he knew Issac had his eye scar and a few others from childhood. Leon had seen Issac shirtless a few times, the cuts and slashes that had been on his body definitely weren't fresh at the time, they were years old. "If you say so. You're the one who knows this world better than us."

Overhead, Issac's crow followed, eventually landing on his master's shoulder-pad. The group then headed for the park.

It didn't take long for Eli to run out of bread. The ducks hung around a little longer, just in case he was hiding any, but eventually began to wander away. Eli watched them go, a faint smile on his face, but stood up when he realised it was starting to get dark. Night came quickly in New Mansburg. It was time to head home.

Brushing a few crumbs off his trousers Eli left the park and began to wander down the dark streets towards his apartment in downtown New Mansburg.

((Okay peeps, night time will happen shortly. Please try and wrap up today's events as best you can.))

Tegan drew Moonshine against him and held her protectivly. Gently, butterfly soft, so she wouldn't notice what he was doing he encouraged her to relax to feel comforted and save.

"That wasn't your fault, my mystery girl. They took your free will away and replaced it with theirs. If they had used brute force to put a gun into your hand, direct it on someone and made you press the trigger it would be their action too not yours."

He shivered.

"The night is getting cold. May I walk you home?"

---

When Cizzur arrived, he nodde a greeting in the direction of Melody and watched her out of suspicious eyes. Then he pulled Moira out of the room and went for a walk with her. An hour later the young woman returned and settled down for the night by melting into the walls of her apartment.

Moonshine turned and glared at Tegan, but did not move. "I am not a child, I do know that." She paused and gazed at the night before standing up and holding out a hand. "You can walk me to the door, but I'm not walking home." She let a small smile flit onto her lips and said "Teleporters are known for being lazy." Pausing she gazed toward the sky and said "Sometimes...I can still hear them...And they don't sound like a stranger's voice anymore..." Shaking her head she discarded such thoughts, and said "I can show you you're 'room'" She said with evident, and malicious humor.

As the three came to the park Issac came up with an idea for where to sleep for the night.

"Tonight I think we'll sleep in the park." Issac grinned.

"Oh you've GOT to be kidding me!" Leon outburst clearly annoyed. "At this point I probably would've preferred to stay at that damned apartment!"

"What's the matter Leon? Have you gotten soft suddenly? Too used to staying at Taverns and Inns?" Isis mocked Leon's discomfort. "And here I thought you were a tough guy..."

"It'll only be for tonight, besides it's going to be far more comfortable with all the benches about." Issac pointed out. Not that I'll sleep anyways, I gotta keep an eye out.

"Ugh... Fine... this night only..." Leon sighed.

"Then it's settled, you two should get some rest, it's my turn for watch." Issac then jumped into a tree and got comfortable, laying on two branches that ran along-side each other so he wouldn't fall out. I don't know about this place, I've only known Fell Haven and... whatever that city was called... I don't even remember the name of it, all I know is it's worse than here by the looks of it. One can't be too careful however...

Edited by DragonlordJT

The apartment wasn't located in the best place in New Mansburg. Most of the people in this area hadn't held down a job in years and made a living in stealing from each other, nobody being able to afford any decent sercurity. However, it had been the only place where a Necomancer and his undead servant had been able to rent without upsetting people. Or to be more truthful, anybody viewed as important by the rest of the city.

On the plus side, Eli had only been burgled once, a few days after he moved in. He didn't need to contact the police as Caim was back with the stolen items a mere hour later. He never said how he had done it, although all kinds or rumours now floated around the neighbourhood. Eli only doubted some of them. Anyway, nobody else had dared try breaking in.

As Eli climbed the stairs to his apartment he became aware that he was being watched. Looking up he saw a familar face, his nine year old neighbour Simon.

"Hello Simon" he said as he reached their floor. "How are you?"

"Okay" replied the small blonde haired boy sadly. "Mom and Dad are 'discussing' again."

Simon didn't need to drop the inverted commas. Eli could hear the 'discusssion' from where he stood. This was the fourth fight this week.

"Would you like to come inside for a bit?" he asked moving towards his own door.

"Oh yes!"

When Eli had unlocked and opened the door Simon ran on inside and climbed right up on the couch, grabbing the remote and switching on his favourite show. By the time Eli had removed his jacket and poured out two glasses of orange juice the child had also dragged the blanket from the back of the couch and wrapped himself so tightly up in it nothing but his eyes and nose could be seen. Eli put the drinks down on the table between the boy and TV and sat down next to him.

"You can stay for an hour okay?" he said, hoping the fight would be over by then.

"Okay" said Simon, his eyes glued to images of bugs bunny blowing up Yosmite Sam.

When Moira's boyfriend had come over, Melodee had shuddered. She felt on edge even just looking at him. It was probably just the red eyes, but still, he frightened her.

As Moira came back later that night, she thought that she had gotten more than she had asked for by staying here. As Moira sunk into the wall, Melodee sat on her bed, unable to sleep. She wanted to go out and explore the campus, but that would be unwise considering she wasn't even a student. No, exploration would have to wait. She yawned and watched the clock, watching the minutes pass, waiting for morning.

((Sorry to have not given you the chance to interact with Cizzur, Silver_Voices. I was set on wrapping things up.))

"Then teleport it is." Tegan agreed. When she offered to show him 'his' room with that malicious undertone he shook his head.

"And to think I thought you were joking when you told me about that room. With you I never know if I should be frightened or pleased, Mystery Girl. How do you do that?

I'll look at it but on the condition that you'll allow me to stay the night. I'll not try to seduce you - as hard as that is going to be for me, but I want to make sure those nightmares stay away from you."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine rolled her eyes and teleported them home. She teleported inside and opened the door for Tegan. "It's a pity I know you won't take no for an answer." Shaking her head she walked into her house, saying as she left "Lock it when you're inside." She walked into her room and got changed into her normal atire before coming out and raiding her fridge for another cat of soda and drinking it down. She chuckelled to herself "Addiction to alcahol...Addiction to soda... It's a wonder I don't go to the toilet more." Pausing, she remembered Tegan and motioned to the fridge, "Help yourself. Your room's the one with the hanger saying 'tegan'. And she headed into her living room and layed herself down on the couch and turned her DVD back on, and continued watching it.

Lux, one the best and most loved heroes in New Mansburg, had just arrived home. Being able to teleport he had no need for ordinary things like cars and doors, as he could instantly be wherever he wanted to be. After leaving the police station he had popped round to see a young lady who he had his eye on for a while now. She wasn't very smart, but she was a real looker. Lux figured he had brains enough for two anyway.

He teleported straight to his walk-in wardrobe and changed into his evening atire. Looking in one of the many mirrors he noted how smart he looked and then teleported to the kitchen. One of the many talents he had was cooking. He'd make himself a decent meal before turning in.

As he began to get out the ingredients and kitchenware he'd need he noticed something odd about one of the shadows on the floor. It somehow seemed more solid than it should be. Wary and curious at the same time Lux bent down just a little bit to take a closer look, when it suddenly rose up and leapt at him.

Lux didn't have any neighbours, but it wouldn't have mattered if he did. If anyone had heard his brief scream, there wouldn't have been anything they could have done.

((MORNING TIMES =D))

((Sorry to have not given you the chance to interact with Cizzur, Silver_Voices. I was set on wrapping things up.))

((It's ok. I'm not sure what I would have done if she had met him. xd.png))

Melodee jumped out of bed right as the clock turned 6am. She gently pushed the door open, and cringed as it squealed on it's hinges. It should still be dark, but she figured some people must be up early for classes. Opening up the fridge, she looked around for something to eat. It had been a while since she had had a full meal without doing something illegal to get it. She frowned. It wasn't as much fun, but at least it was a lot less dangerous.

Finding an apple and a yogurt of sorts, she sat at the table and ate quietly, hoping not to wake Moira.

(( *Pouts* Finally a hero who could make Eli uncomfortable and now he's dead. Mind if I bring Daystar in as an NPC? Given their powers I could well imagine her to be cousin of Lux and not happy about finding him dead at all.))

Moira slipped out of the wall, remembering to nod in the direction of Melodee, who sat on her kitchen table and entered the bathroom. After she had cleaned herself she walked into her bedroom, checked which outfit had been listed for today in her dayplaner and took it out. It was black underthings, a bloodred top, straight black trousers and black boots. She applied matching bloodred lipstick which made her skin even paler and enhanced the empty, uniformly black eyes.

She put her worn clothes in the laundry basket and looked for Melodees, but couldn't find any. Figuring the girl might have only that one set of clothes she picked up another set of underwear, walked into the kitchen and dropped it wordlessly into her lap.

Then she walked to the fridge and took out a yoghurt for herself.

---

"You should get that three-in-one-cleaning-wonder NOW" the man in the commercial screamed, waking Tegan up.

He hadn't realized he had nodded of during the night. The armchair he was sitting in was comfortable but not made for sleeping. He glanced over to Moonshine who had curled up on the couch and was still awake.

He had wanted to share the couch with her, but she had refused. At least she hadn't insisted he spend the night in 'his' room. Tegan still had trouble believing she had set up something that looked suspiciously like a torture chamber just for him.

He rubbed his eyes and glanced at the clock. It was half past six.

"Shall I order breakfirst for us?", Tegan asked. "I need to leave soon and get ready for college, I fear."

Moonshine blinked once, and waved in reply. She shifted in her positiong to reveal she was curled around a video game, and frowning in intense interest. Finally, she sighed and placed it on the table. Standing up she streache and yawhed before turning the tv off and walking into her kitchen. She pulled out a frying pan, and before you knew it there were two stacks of pancakes and sugar and syrup on the bench. She began cleaning up, and once done grabbed a plate and ate with a silent focus. After she was done, she walked into her room and came out in more collage appropriate clothes. She pulled out a schedule and paused and glanced down at it. "I have to go to that class...Find out what I need for that test at least. Then after that I should do an hour of honest work, keep them off my back... I also have to get contact that renovator..." She paused, and then folded up the list and nodded. Pausing to glanced at the time as she put a watch on she mused for a moment. "Should give myself 5 minutes to get there...Good..." satisfied, she grabbed a notebook from her room and a small pencil case. Turning back, she remembered Tegan and sighed "I guess I should give you a lift." Turning towards the door, she ensured it was locked and then held out a hand. "Hurry up then. I don't want to be late for this stupid class."