Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

Issac was somewhat intrigued by this newperson, who wasn't half as rude as a drunk. "Some people should learn who they're dealing with. The dark king, I can only imagine, is Talon. Considering he's the only person I was with today who has an enterprise." Issac said. "And I don't think this man knows who I am, much less, what I'm capable of..." Issac then noted the man's suggestion. "What exactly is it? If I may ask. And don't try to pull a fast one on me, I'll know if you try to hand me poison."

"Are you sure about this Issac?" Leon asked. "I have a bad feeling about this guy... it's even worse for this place..."

((decided to change colour schemes xd.png))

Conel looked at the boy who had protested with a slightly hurt expression, raising an eyebrow; why did nobody trust him? Well, quite a few people trusted him but he was surprised at how many reacted to his attempts to help as if he had come at them with a knife. He was only trying to save their lives or possibly one of their major limbs and organs; suspicion and outright violence weren't the best way to thank people who did that.

"You trust me, I'm a doctor... Dr Wayland Conel, to be exact- the best physician this side of the Atlantic, and New Mansburg's go-to when it comes to super-related injuries or illnesses." he boasted, his educated English accent somehow making him sound even more proud. "And it's just a chocolate bar, nothing to worry about. A Kendle mint cake. It's not much, but it's good for keeping your energy up until you can get something more substantial in your system. Hikers use them all the time."

Kannika twisted her currently auburn hair around her finger a few times, before taking a quick glance at her watch. She frowned when she realized she’d been in Hell’s Hangout for most of the day, but still hadn’t found much information, from anyone. Damn it. Kannika thought as she looked around again. She didn't like wasted days, and this would count as one of them.

She saw three people enter, two males and one female. Normally, Kannika wouldn’t spare people a second glance when they came in, but she kept thinking she knew the man that had black hair with blue streaks. After a bit, she recognized him and smiled lightly.

Of course, Issac. I wonder who the other two people are? Kannika wondered as she watched another man walk up to the three.

Figuring it was best if she stopped staring at them, Kannika dropped her gaze down to her hands. On her left hand, he had a wooden ring with a slight edge to it. The ring on her right hand was made of metal. Very few people knew that the rings were Kannika’s favored weapons.

She looked up again as she heard someone start talking about what should be done if a drunk fainted, and how they could choke on their own vomit and die otherwise. He’s a doctor, right? She thought as she looked at him. She wasn’t quite sure; she normally avoided areas that reminded her of hospitals.

---------------

Isamu glared at the lights when they suddenly went out. He then quickly felt for the art case he’d just opened a few minutes ago, and managed to find the right area for the paintbrush. Maybe I should just paint in the daytime from now on. He thought as he managed to zip up the case.

Once he managed to move the canvas and easel back a little, so he’d be unlikely to trip over it, he summoned his flashlight and switched it on. Isamu then started going to a bookcase and chair that he had in one area of the living room, figuring he might as well read until the lights turned back on.

A few minutes after the lights had turned off they turned back on again. Isamu turned his flashlight off, just before he heard a loud boom that sounded like it wasn’t too far from the apartments, followed by the lights shutting off again. You've got to be kidding me. . . What was with that booming though? He wondered as he once again, switched the flashlight on and walked over to the window.

Isamu didn't hear any more booms or roars, so he hoped whatever was going on was now under control.

((Just so people know, Kannika normally uses the name Carmalita in her current diguise (shoulder length auburn hair, pale skin, and dark gray eyes.) And also, Kannika's wooden ring is for aggravating pressure points, while her metal one has a spike on it, as you can see in the linked picture. She normally has the spike pointing in the direction of her palm.))

Edited by sapfirewolf

Issac pulled from Leon's shoulder. "I'll trust who I want to." Issac's eyes moved from Leon to the supposed doctor. Chocolate... god I haven't had a bar in more than a year... Issac remembered the last time he had chocolate was with Elisedd. "Thanks." he responded to the doctor kindly. "It's very much obliged."

Leon watched as Issac warmed up to this new person. Why so suddenly? That isn't like Issac... normally... But then again... maybe something of this guy reminds him of Elisedd. He was kind even to someone who was quite openly rude. He paused. Oh well, if Issac is okay with it... then I guess I am. And... who's that good looking girl at the bar? Wow...

As he thanked the Doctor, he saw a person looking at them with some intrigue. Something about her felt familiar, but the face he couldn't place anywhere in his memory not even in the slightest way. Strange, maybe it's just my imagination.

Edited by DragonlordJT

Conel extracted a bar from his bag and handed it to Isaac with a smile, not before shooting a sort of See? He does trust me. sort of look at Leon. He was glad somebody in that pair had good judgement and actually believed him, it hurt his feelings- not to mention his fragile ego- when people questioned his worth as a doctor. "You're welcome." he said, then leaned in a touch closer to Isaac and lowered his voice. "I heard you mention the name Talon? I've treated some of him men in the past, they keep getting injured- one bad point about working with a robot who can fix himself, I guess. They never seem to get that we don't all patch up as easily... Anyway, if any of them keep bothering you drop me a line. I don't think they'll carry on if there's nobody to sew their arms back on or make sure that their livers bounce back after all that drinking they do."

((Talon is not that well known, and his employees are sworn to secrecy, I don't think that Connel would have heard about him))

Yamaha sighed, and pinched the bridge of his nose."Garth, I will ask you once more to leave the room, If not, I will have Cyrus restrain you."

"I'd rather not," Cyrus cut in.

"But you will follow orders when they are given, Cyrus." Yamaha replied. The scientist then turned back to Shattershard.

"It remains your choice, come with me and live, or stay here to die."

Edited by sailing101

((If someone is willing to fight about it, it's already known. Besides, there are probably some cases of... well... idiots. Drunks and those looking to further themselves by shooting themselves in the foot are the typical kind to let the cat out of the bag.))

Issac leaned in to the man's ear as well grinning. "I don't think anyone likes having a bullet in their stomach either. It's not easily digested if you catch my drift." Adding the man's joke, but at the same time he was being completely honest. He probably would've shot the drunk if there was a punch thrown.

Leon continued to stare at the auburn haired woman at the bar. He couldn't think straight.

Edited by DragonlordJT

((Two words- raven spies. And he has a lot of contacts, you tend to when you teach supers and basically save their lives every day. Mind-readers, boi. wink.gif

Or he's just bluffing. Take your pick.))

"I still don't understand why I have to leave... And I doubt he would be able to restrain me, but he's welcome to come and try." Garth added in a destinctly challenging tone, starting to get annoyed now- and like the Hulk, people tended not to like him when he was angry. Especially if he tipped over the edge and went utterly bezerk. The Umbramancer crossed his arms, looking from Yamaha to Cyrus. "Sorry, but Eli's in charge here, not you. I'm only leaving if he tells me to leave... And coming back the moment that I feel I should." he added, the shadow tentacles still winding around his legs like faceless, black snakes.

"Why come with you? Boy says you torture and harm, you say not. One is lying, but who?" asked Shattershard, looking from the metal-men to Eli with narrowed, suspicious eyes. Frankly he didn't trust either of them, and if given the choice would burst straight out of the wall to sprint for freedom. But since the monster-boy had chained him up, Shattershard didn't see that he had a lot of options right now. He looked at the coloured-picture boy, who he guessed was well under his control by now. "This boy only one who does not want to kill or let die. Would rather go with coloured-picture boy, to be frankly. All the rest you are liars or want to kill me. Don't trust any of you."

Edited by Ruins

((He's lying, then, if it makes you happy. rolleyes.gif He heard enough to piece together a convincing lie.))

Issac leaned in to the man's ear as well grinning. "I don't think anyone likes having a bullet in their stomach either. It's not easily digested if you catch my drift." Adding the man's joke, but at the same time he was being completely honest. He probably would've shot the drunk if there was a punch thrown.

Leon continued to stare at the auburn haired woman at the bar. He couldn't think straight.

Conel stifled the urge to do something silly with the other man's face so close, merely smiling like a shark and putting his hands in his suit pockets. "I don't think they'd like being reduced to their constituant atoms, either. The worst break-up ever, you could say." he added, and it wasn't clear whether he was carrying on Isaac's continuation of the joke or warning him not to try anything with the guns on him. Raising one hand with the empty wrapper of another chocolate bar on the palm, he reduced it down to a shifting cloud of golden energy with just a flicker of thought and concentration. It floated above his skin for a second, shifting and shining, before getting sucked into his pores and vanishing completely. Conel looked very proud of himself, then hiccuped.

Talon found Issaic and his friends in the middle of Hell's Hangout. He was still without his armor, but the present situation was far graver. He had just heard the stranger say his name. Talon approached the group, is eyes, and much of his face hidden behind his mask. "Sorry to intrude," he said to the stranger, "but did I hear you mention the name Talon just now?" Talon wasn't sure if his friend would recognize him or not, but the cyboarg hoped that Issaic would catch on quickly. "I take personal interest in anyone who knows that name, you see, since the bearer of that name makes it hard for anything to be known about it."

((How? Is he Lord Voldemort or something? laugh.gif ))

Conel looked blankly at the cyborg for a second, then raised his eyebrow at it; secretly he was starting to worry, but managed to keep a calm face on top of it. "No, I don't think I know you... And how would you know if I had said your name? Or if I did, that I actually meant you? I know about three people called Talon, four now if I count you- one's an old pupil of mine, the other's a biker and part-time boxer who lives in London and the third one's a dog. A springer spaniel, to be exact. Funnily enough, I happened to be talking about the second one just a few minutes ago... He was thinking about opening a bar, you see, and I was asking anyone if they knew how he could do that. Just a bit of advice, you know." he said, looking thoughtful and biting his lip as if recalling something difficult. "I hate to say that you've wasted your time coming here, but I'm afraid I think you have."

Edited by Ruins

((Ruins, NO, be more carefull than that. Talon didn't say that Talon was his own name just yet! To assume that he did, well...))

((Talon: To put it bluntly, what is Achmed's catchphrase?))

Edited by sailing101

Issac knew exactly who was behind him as he walked up. Issac's eyes slowly moved over his shoulder. Talon definitely still had plenty of problems, but Issac wasn't about to lecture anyone. "And what might I ask will happen to those who use that name?" Issac's glare became apparent as he soon shifted his head to face Talon. "It's quite unfortunate that it be known and the owner be ashamed to hear it in public. Especially by old friends."

What are you anymore Talon? Afraid of the world? Or just trying to avoid contact with what reminds you of what you once were... If you were, why'd you come to see me anyways? I'm not a pawn, if you think I am, you're in deep trouble... Besides, relying on other's to do your job is always a horrible way to do things.

Leon noticed yet another person walk in, yet his voice was definitely Talon's. For now, he just knew it'd be best to sit and watch...

"Perhaps the five of us could take this conversation somewhere more private," Talon said. He flagged down a waiter and handed something to him. The waiter then motioned for the group to follow. "Come come now, The less prying ears there are, the less we will have to talk in riddles" Talon's cheerfull tone of voice masked an inner agitation. Could this be the same man, the one who ruined any chances I had left? I thought I had left this world behind! What if I didn't? They eventually reached a door towards the back. The waiter opened the door, and motioned for them to step inside.

((Eli meanwhile just stood there and twiddled his thumbs.

I'm glad you guys love the RP and all, but give me a chance to have some input yeah?))

"Enough!" said Eli to the room at large, staring to feel annoyed. "I have already said that I will take of the dragon myself. I have no intention of handing him over to anyone but the proper authorities, and I don't mean the Government or a bunch of scientists."

As anyone who had even briefly visited Fell Haven would know, Government care didn't always mean care. Before the arrival of Miss Erion and her new regime the school was little more than a prison where the Government held problem children until they were old enough to kill off. Scientists didn't always have their subject's best interests at heart either. Some conversations with Dr Sheffield's former victims had taught him that.

Turning to face the dragon Eli spoke directly to him, momentarily ignoring the others.

"I would like to believe it when you say you trust my friend, as it would mean that you are capable of such a thing, but criminals have a habit of lying and I don't intend to take any chances. Also, as a prisoner what you want doesn't really come in to things anyway. You're staying put until I can contact a friend of mine."

Looking back over to the unwanted intruders Eli called over to them.

"Now you two must leave. If you do not I will have no choice but to forcibly remove you. Believe me when I say that none of us will like this."

Edited by Fortune86

((Please see my awfully ranty OOC post for my current feelings...))

Doctor Conel, who had a well-developed sense of self-preservation- if not a sense of how to talk to people- wasn't very wary of the cyborg and wasn't about to go with him; he'd seen enough Quentin Tarentino movies and other gangster shows to know that an offer like that was never good news. Instead, he took the chance to slip into the crowd and make for the exit, glancing back over his shoulder for anyone following. Just in case, he slipped his 'sonic screwdriver' out of his pocket and put it on the most useful setting, holding it tightly in his hand so it was ready to use if anyone was to suddenly attack. Anyone of a robotic of cyberkenetic nature, for example.

He didn't trust the cyborg- who he guessed was Talon- but exactly why he didn't know. Conel's mind, paranoid and egotistical, whirled as he ran through all the possible reasons. Perhaps it was because he reminded him of someone he knew in his past, even if the memories were old and therefore fuzzy. Someone with a reason to dislike him? There were quite a few of those, he was sure of that much. Maybe he was an old experiment of his, from back before he became a Headmaster... Or maybe, and his blood turned to ice at the thought, the infamous Miss Erion had heard of his complaints about her school and had sent someone to silence him. Perhaps she hadn't and an old Fell Haven student had taken it upon themselves to inhumane him anyway. Shivering at the thought, Conel pushed open the door and stepped outside; tiny bolts of electricity crackled from his skin, mildly shocking anyone who so much as brushed against him.

((That's Conel- implusive, paranoid and not good with people.))

Garth and Shattershard said nothing; it was like they both had writer's block of the mind. Or perhaps there was nothing much that needed to be said, seeing as Eli seemed to be taking it all nicely in hand. The dragon did grumble under his breath at being told he didn't matter and rattled his chains on the off chance that they'd fall off- they didn't- which led to the Umbramancer giving him a sympathetic look and wondering if he was in pain from his injuries.

((Just heard from Ruins that they are having problems posting. They will hopefully be able to fix it, but we don't know when.))

Melodee woke to a touch to her shoulder. Keeping her eyes closed, she shifted and rubbed her hand across her forehead, leaving a smudge mark across her cheek. Still feeling a presence at her side, she slowly blinked and saw a man standing over her. Curling up protectively, she spoke quietly, addressing him. "Hello? Who are you? What do you want?"

"My spot.." He said utterly, slightly annoyed by the fact someone stole his place of residing. "But you can stay." He said. "Enough for both of us." He quickly stated, sitting down on a cardboard box. It was an actually large one, fitting a large man. The guy looked at the girl then sat inside the cardboard box, rather then on it. He looked at the raptor who crouched on the ground and took a yawn then disappeared. Kane canceled the spell to let him sleep somewhere between worlds, the Void. He looked at the girl again. "Kane. Your name?" He asked her simply.

"My spot.." He said utterly, slightly annoyed by the fact someone stole his place of residing. "But you can stay." He said. "Enough for both of us." He quickly stated, sitting down on a cardboard box. It was an actually large one, fitting a large man. The guy looked at the girl then sat inside the cardboard box, rather then on it. He looked at the raptor who crouched on the ground and took a yawn then disappeared. Kane canceled the spell to let him sleep somewhere between worlds, the Void. He looked at the girl again. "Kane. Your name?" He asked her simply.

"Melodee." She replied, shifting as he sat in the box next to her. "Sorry, I didn't realize this space was taken. I'll be gone by tomorrow." She wondered if he had any cash, but decided against searching. If he lived here, he was probably as poor as she was. They both needed as much as they could get.

Issac watched Talon and stood his ground. "Do as you like, I'm not going. I'll stay out here." Issac slowly went over to the bar, next to where the girl who'd been watching him was. His friends of course, followed. "I'll have a birch beer." He said to the bartender. Edited by DragonlordJT

((I have ben really busy lately. English essay wacko.gif ))

Talon turned around and saw that the man had gone, then visibly relaxed. "I was sure that I would never see that man again," he said. The cyboarg sat down at a table right behind Issaic. "esentially due to the fact that after escaped his madhouse, I was chased around the world, and only survived because I stole a wormhole generator, and jumped to a parallel universe, or so I thought."

Yamaha finally lost his patience. "Enough of this nonsense!" he shouted, "It is clear to me that the two of you have ben influenced by the beast, and are beyond rational thought. Now I'm going to have to do what is within my power to make you two stand down, Cyrus!"

"Please, not..."

"Code: Sigma!"

The android stiffened for a few seconds, then to buzz.

"CHARGING COMPRESSION FIELD GENERATOR, PREPARING COMPRESSION FIELDS"

Orbs of compressed air began to gather at multiple points in the room. The air pockets were undetectable at first, but soon patches of fog formed. The air at these locations had become dense enough to partially reflect light.

Once the air pockets reached maximum density, Yamaha spoke the command, "Release Compression Concussions!"

((It's just air, rolleyes.gif . Oh look, it's Dorothy’s house flying by *waves*))

"I only came here to check up on things and visit. I don't plan on staying forever." Issac said to Talon. "And don't expect to change my mind in any way. You know how stubborn I can be."

Leon leaned in towards the auburn haired girl next to them. "Hi there." He said with a charming smile. "What's a poor defenseless woman like yourself doing in a place as tough looking as this?"

"I wouldn't if I were you," Talon called over to Leon, "Some of the girls here have been known to spike men's drinks."

"And I'm not asking for your help in this Issaic," the cyboarg continued, "He may seem nice, but he can reduce a man to pure energy in a matter of milliseconds, just with one touch. Nothing can be used to bind or contain him, except of course, pynerin alloy. Exactly how I'd make any is a mystery." Talon paused, then continued, "Still, I wish him no ill will, because that bumbling fool saved my mind from my 'creator's' programing."

Kannika looked away from Issac and the people he was with when she noticed the blond haired one looking towards her. No need to attract their attention. She thought, wondering if he'd noticed her staring at them. Hopefullly, he hadn't.

When she heard Issac asking for a birch beer, Kannika looked up again and spotted him and the two people who seemed to be his friends sitting very close to her. She sighed a little, wondering if that was just coincidence. She sighed as someone else spoke to Issac, and mentioned once stealing a wormhole generator. She started paying attention to them, but then Issac's blond-haired friend spoke.

"Hi there. What's a poor defenseless woman like yourself doing in a place as tough looking as this?"

"Just because I am female, and kind of pretty, does not mean I am defenseless. She said angrily as she glared at the man. Kannika frowned even more when the person who'd been speaking to Issac called out about girls spiking men's drinks. "And I don't spike drinks either. She said this just a bit louder, so the person who'd mentioned that in the first place might hear.

Edited by sapfirewolf