Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

((Caim wasn't yelling. huh.gif ))

Deciding he had had enough Caim stalked away again, but this time through the brick wall behind him. He had of course simply stepped into the Spirit Realm, but the girl wasn't to know that.

He looked in the colourless world, now inside someone's office. He strode through the room, directly through its occupant and out the wall on the other side before fading back into the human world out of the girl's view.

((Oh, sorry, I thought he was. When he was asking about the dragon.))

Melodee 'tsked' as Caim stepped through the wall. "Well, fine then. Have it your way," she muttered to herself. Remembering her errand, she turned and continued on her way.

Isis and Leon were at a loss as to where to go next, that was, until they saw Issac's crow hovering over their heads. It was circling clockwise, the usual indication to follow it to Issac. So they began to follow the bird.

Issac walked through the streets with the paper slip, looking at the map for the nearest bank, which was just around the corner. "That little bugger chose a prime location for his work..." He then paused. "Or someone else did..." He thought about Talon for a minute. The dwarf certainly seemed afraid of Talon, and Issac for that matter. Issac then levitated the feather again, clearly they weren't just for weapons or flight anymore, but as indications of favorability with Talon as well. Either Talon is someone of respect with a few people that fear him... or... Issac's mind wandered as to why the dwarf was afraid of Talon. Maybe it's just one person... but still... I should probably keep an eye on him.

"There you are" said Eli from behind Caim. "Where did you wander off to?"

Caim turned and frowned. He hated how his master kept vanishing on him. This world was dangerous and even less friendly to their kind than it had been when he was alive.

"I got waylaid" said Caim. "Where are we going?"

"I want to take a look around the death scenes of those dead heroes" explained Eli. "I know the police don't want me to investigate, but I believe we should anyway. I want to see if there is anything we can find out."

"Why didn't they ask us to take a look?" asked Caim.

Eli hesitated before answering.

"The families were against it. I'm not well liked in the heroic circles, but since I am now a suspect I want to try and clear my name."

Caim nodded. This was more than just setting the record straight. If Eli was convicted of thiese crimes, then he could face more than jail time.

(She was slightly ignoring him, but she hadn't slept a wink. Also there was TWO plates, not one.)

Moonshine turned and looked at him, more then a little strained. "Please Tegan, I know I'm a b**** and this is probably fustrating you to no end. Just bear with it for one, two hours and I promise it will be worth it." She turned back around and shook her head. "So...lets get this over with." She paused long enough to settle her emotions, slightly, and headed down to the car. She frowned as she remembered. "Ah..." She turned to Tegan and gestured to the back. "Your chariot awaits." She chuckelled, motioning to the middle seat. Yes, a little immature even by Moonshine standards. As soon as they were ready and seated, she glanced to Tegan and said "Where to?" The man drove off, at a normal pace, heading for the directions. As soon as they parked Moonshine headed out and pulled Cizzur away a bit and said "I won't explain it much, but we have to keep Tegan busy for at least an hour. We have to keep him away from the university" She spoke low into his ear, so there was no chance of Tegan hearing. Satisfied, she motioned to the other door and sat back down in her own and closed the door. It was cramped and stuffy, so she undid the window a few inches and then spoke. "Okay, so here is the deal. I owe these two a favor. And the price of this favor is pushing it even in my books." She turned to them and said "What was it again?" The driver turned and said "We need to get rid of this guy following us. We're in a diferen't car, wearing differen't disguises and a differen't number. Hopefully we'll fly under the radar." The man pulled out of the driveway, and they were off. She continued speaking. "Basically they want to take us around town to see if they can get what they need unnoticed. And they said they have another use." "Yeah" Said the other guy, "One of our men has been captured. Now he did nothing wrong, but we need to get him out and our powers are...lacking in that department. We can't get in the stealthy way, nor the brute force way." Moonshine sighed, "So that's where you two come in. I can get us in there, hopefully, but I nee you two to help me get the guy out. I'll go in first so as to see if I can teleport without hitting a wall." She glanced to them and looked down. "Sorry about this...And Tegan? I know it's cramped in here but if you touch my chest again I will kill you."

(:3)

(Here it is laura.)

((Merci smile.gif ))

Moonshine's apolgy cooled Tegan's anger somewhat, but he found himself regretting it a few minutes later when Moonshine 'explained' matters to him.

Cizzur was surprised when he saw Tegan's serious expression given that Moonshine was in the car. Wasn't she his current girlfriend and her presence should lift his mood? Cizzur sighed when Moonshine told them what she wanted. Despite assurances to the contrary it sounded as if she needed some dupes for a crime. Tegan's expression became downright grim now and Moonshine's last words didn't cheer him up.

"I am not sure what touched your chest there but I assure you it wasn't me. If I had you'd beg me to do it again." Tegan said. "And this doesn't sound like a plan, it sounds like a desaster waiting to happen. Maybe if you gave the explanation you promised me we can come up with something that might actually work. Because if you think what you just said was an explanation let me point out that it leaves a few questions open."

Tegan took a deep breath.

"Who are those people? Why are you owing them a favor? Who is following us? Why do they want to avoid them? What do they want to get unnoticed? Who did capture their friend and if he did nothing wrong why is he held? Where is he held? Why can't you just teleport them out? And if you give me two minutes I can probably come up with another dozen questions that were left open."

---

Miguel had just ordered a pizza. He found an empty table, sat down and started to reread through his notes for todays lecture. He liked being well prepared.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine paused, and simply sighed. "Alright, just alright. I should have known this would never work." She opened up her phone and dialled again. "How close are you?" She blinked in mild supprise, "Done? Wow, just thanks." She hung up the phone, suddenly more happy. She turned to looked to the supers in the front and groaned "That gym man is going to make me regret this. Hey driver, take us to the university. Change of plans." She turned to look to them and said "Alright, I'll admit I was stalling you Tegan. Hopefully if was worth it." She glanced to Cizzur and said "I think I might have sold my soul in the process though." She turned and glanced to the window as the car pulled up, and hopped out. "Do you remember wha I said before you went inside your home tegan? Moonshine always pays her dues."

Coming out of the car, Tegan would step on a red carpet leading to the University's hall/NPC/MPC.(Etc etc) Moonshine motioned for him to follow it, and if he did he would open the door to a big supprise.

(There, that works a lot better.)

((for me too))

Tegan sputtered. "All this to stall me? Couldn't you have just..." his gaze wandered over her body but returned to her eyes after a few moments "...invited me for breakfirst?". His tone made clear that he had been thinking of something else she could have done to distract him.

Moonshine had managed to surprise a chucle out of Cizzur when she said she thought she had sold her soul in the process.

"How did you find a buyer? I've been wanting to sell mine a time or two, but souls aren't as much in demand as one would think." He said, with a rare measure of humor.

The car stopped and Tegan's eyes widened as he saw the red carpet. He turned his head to stare at Moonshine. He wasn't getting the messed up emotions anymore which had signaled that she was trying to lie to him. Unfortunately his unpredictable power wasn't giving him much at all at the moment, yet simple observation told him that she had invested a lot of dedication trying to please him.

Unfortunately he remembered the last time she had tried to please him, last nights desasterous dinner.

Cizzur had jumped out of the car and was chuckeling again.

"Don't be a spoilsport, Tegan. If a girl sells her soul for you, the least you can do is have a look. Besides what is the worst that could happen?"

"This is my Moonshine" Tegan replied darkly, "So better don't ask. Don't even try to imagine."

But he got out of the car and stepped on the red carpet.

Cizzur meanwhile had spied a familar figure on the campus.

"Moira-doll? Moira-doll!"

Once she saw her boyfriend Moira abandoned her attempt to reach her lecture hall and hurried over to Tegan and Cizzur, the later of which swept her into a big hug.

Tegan just gave her a smile and started to walk down the carpet.

"Just to make that clear, Moonshine. If this is another desaster, there will be hell to pay." he growled.

Cizzur shook his head and said to Moonshine. "Threats instead of compliments? Either hell is freezing over or he's finally found out how true love feels. No matter what, I am impressed. I've never seen him so unsettled."

Edited by Laura-Lana

(Wow, Tegan learns fast!)

Moonshine ignored Tegan's comment and grimaced "Well, I have that effect on people. Especially when my plans end up being more disasterous then the other ideas I had" She glanced to Moria and groaned. "I knew I'd forgotten to invite someone. I really need your number for the future." And she opened the doors, revealing a big space filled with decorations and food galore. Tegan's favorite music was being played by his favorite band, and all of his friends, including some x-girlfriends whom had 'vacated' when they tried to show up Moonshine. Moonshine scratched the back of her head "Well, I don't really know many people so I stole your address book. And your phone" She held them out, and glanced to Cizzur and rolled her eyes "Trust me Cizzur, any other day and cliff diving would be my idea of 'fun'. I should take you one time" She thrust the phone and address book in Tegan's hands and pushed him into the room before heading over to talk to Cizzur and Mora, effectively ignoring Tegan. "So this is ironic. You sometimes talked about your lover but I never knew he was such a fighter." She grinned and pointed to Cizzur "One day, We're fighting WITH my powers. Then we'll see who's better. Eh?"

Fikel ambelled past the commotion between four people and the hall. He was curious, but he'd had enough problems as it was. Besides, some nigging memory told him he reconised two of them. And it set his heart beating.

Edited by warewolves

He had no idea what had bitten Moonshine to organize a party for him. He quickly concluded though she had stolen his things it was a nice surprise. Tegan's stance had visibly relaxed as he saw the suprise Moonshine had in store for him and his eyes thawed from glacier to their usual dark-blue.

Of course he would have felt even happier if she hadn't proceeded with ignoring him. He briefly regretted that pouring one of the drinks over her head to get her attention would have been childish.

Deciding that two could play the game he wandered of and started chatting with his other friends.

Moira had written down her number and offered it to Moonshine.

"She is supposed to give you her number too", Cizzur commented.

Moira nodded and handed Moonshine her adress book, which was remarkably empty.

When Moonshine remarked about Cizzur being a fighter she shook her head.

"That's sport not fighting. He never kills someone."

"You are confusing fighting with wars there, Moira-Doll. Most fights aren't about killing someone. We can even fight with words."

"Very inefficient. If someone is dead they won't bother you again."

Moonshine mused at Moria's words, and then nodded "That is true, but then they're gone and cannot be brought back, by normal means anyway." She turned and glanced to Tegan and saw him chatting, good now she could deal with his fangirls. She put her number in Moria's address book and nodded to them. "I've got to go deal with something around the back of the hall. I'll be right back." She turned, glancing once more at Tegan before turning back to Cizzur and puling out the picture she had taken of Tegan the other night, of him smirking. She smirked and said "Want one?" Sudenly a group of girls, who were looking to Moonshine with obvious jelousy, approached Moonshine. "WE did what you asked, we want out payment." Moonshine turned and pulled out an envelope. "Alright, 50 wasn't it?" she asked. They scrowled and replied "You know it was a hundred." Moonshine sighed and pulled out a second envelope. They were full to the brim. The fangirls pulled out a photo and swooned over it, disgusting Moonshine enormously. They glared at her and said "We're watching you!" And stalked away. Rolling her eyes she pulled out another envelope, this time with only a few pictures and held out another photo. "I personally thing he looks..." She smirked "a little bit evil don't you?"

Edited by warewolves

The apartment of the first victim was just across the road from the Amigne Academy. As Caim and Eli walked down the street they passed several people gossiping about a secret party being held in one of the collage's halls. For a moment Eli felt a little jealous, not having been invited to a party for years. Then again, given what kind of parties he was used to attending, it was probably just as well. Most parties in New Mansburg didn't involve half the guests being devoured by the other half.

Clearing his head of those thoughts Caim and Eli approached the apartment block of Molly Gumbride, also known as Elastic Lass. There weren't many people about so the two of them entered the building and began to climb up the stairs.

Getting into Molly's rooms was easy enough, as Caim and Eli just Spirit Realm'd their way through the door. Fading back into the human Eli prepared to call up any remains of Moly's spirit, but stopped when he realised something was wrong.

"There's no one here" he said in confusion, half to himself and half to Caim as he wandered around inspecting the place.

"Well she died a while ago. The police may have found everything they could and I think she lived alone anyway."

"No...I mean...there is no one 'here'. There is no trace of her spirit. None at all."

Caim stopped in his tracks and stared at his master, his mouth slight agape with shock.

"No trace at all? But this the murder scene. There should be something!"

"There isn't" insisted Eli. "No one has died here. At least...not from what I can tell."

Caim walked into the bathroom where Molly's body had been found, at least according to the papers. There were a few bottles on the floor and the shower curtain was torn, but no other signs of trouble.

"What about in here?" he suggested, wondering if getting closer to the actual death scene would solve the problem.

Eli brushed past him and stood in the centre of the room to try again, but shook his head and turned back to face his servant.

"Nothing. Nothing at all. That either means Molly isn't dead or..."

"We're not dealing with an ordinary killer. Not by super standards anyway" finished Caim.

((Wow! Moonshine had to bribe them to come to the party? I am beginning to think her social skills are on Moira's level.))

"That is true, but then they're gone and cannot be brought back, by normal means anyway."

"But that is the point."

Cizzur just shrugged. He agreed with Moonshine but he had no idea how to explain it to Moira.

"I've got to go deal with something around the back of the hall. I'll be right back."

Cizzur watched with growing amazement how Moonshine payed a crowd of girls for having attended her party. He was pretty sure at least half a dozen of them had bribed other people organizing a party to be permitted to attend after hearing Tegan would be there. Some of them had even tried to befriend him and normally the kind of girl who fell for Tegan was inclined to stay as far as possible from men like him.

It was hard to imagine but maybe Moonshines social skills were even worse than his.

Moonshine had now pulled out another envelope and was looking at a picture.

"I personally thing he looks..." She smirked "a little bit evil don't you?"

"Well, if you are talking about Tegan.... I'd say he IS evil. He'll deny it of course but if you look closely he has all the marks of an evil overlord in the making. Can I see the photo?

(Actually, she bribed them to put the party together. And they came from behind the building.)

Moonshine handed Cizzur one and said "Okay then." She paused and looked to the sky. "Now...Payed the fangirls off for setting it up...Was there anything else..." She frowned, then groaned. "Just great, I forgot it!" She turned to Cizzur and said "Be right back." She teleported away, and came back with a small package. She motioned to the hall and said "go and enjoy yourselves. We've got it booked for a few more hours at least." She walked inside and picked a table to sit down at, and gazed at her package for a few moments.

Melodee walked through the doors of That's Amore Pizza and ordered a large half cheese, half pepperoni pizza. They told her it would take at least five minutes, so she sat at one of the nearby tables. Looking over, she saw a college student, eating pizza in one of the stalls, reading over a pad of paper or something. She glanced around, then slipped out of her seat and walked over. Hopefully, Tegan doesn't have a girlfriend. That would complicate this fib. "Hey!" She waved at the boy and smiled disarmingly. "You go to Amigne Academy, right? Do you know where Tegan is? I was supposed to meet him here."

Edited by Silver_Voices

Miguel smiled at the strange, pretty girl. If Tegan had managed to call him to take notes during their lecture because he couldn't be there he would have remembered to chancel the meeting with this fair creature too. But he rather enjoyed talking with her, so he wasn't about to let her know he doubted her words.

"You'll have to blame Moonshine that he hasn't shown up. She organized a surprise party for him."

---

Oh, if the girls had set it up it was a different story. He should have known that no one could beat him on the social incompetence skala.

Cizzur looked at the picture Moonshine had handed him and grinned. "You are a genius! What is in the package?"

---

"Tegan!"

Tegan turned around to see a young, tall, blond woman hurrying in his direction.

"Daystar!" He hugged her, felt her grief through his power and took a step back to be able to study her face better. She usually was full of good cheer, radiating happyness like her power radiated light. But now there were shadows under her eyes. And she was wearing black. He had never seen her wear that colour before.

"What is wrong, Daystar?" he asked softly.

"My cousin Lux... He was murdered!"

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine grinned and said "I try. Though the package is for Tegan and Tegan only to know." Inside the big box was a small slip of paper. She glanced over when she heard something about Murder. She frowned, but decided she shouldn't go over. Instead she sent Tegan a wave of her curiosity, or she hope she did. How was she to know how to do it? She laughed to herself, and then remembered Cizzur and Moria. She shook her head and said "Don't ask. Keep the picture though, it cost me a lot ofproblems to get it. She puled out her phone and grinned "I even made it my background. That should get Tegan off my back about the girlfiend thing eh?"

Cizzur tilted his head. "You honestly don't want him to be attracted to you? Not one tiny bit?"

---

Tegan turned his head trying to figure out where the sudden wave of curiosity had come from. Moonshine. So now she had recalled that he was here again. Well, she was totally able to come over to them if she wanted to know what was going on. He was through with acting like her trained dog.

"Have you heard of that nekromant? Eli. There is also an Umbramancer in town who seems to be a friend of him. They...

"I've met Eli and his friend. Yesterday." Tegan said carefully. "The Umbramancer's name is Garth. They seemed friendly enough. Are you saying that they murdered Lux?

Tegan could vividly remember Eli's compassion. How he had honestly tried to help the poor girl who had lost her mother. He had a hard time to envision him as a murderer no matter what animosities were between him and Lux.

Daystar shrugged. "I don't know. I've been told Eli and Lux didn't get along very well. And Lux is one of the few supers who was a danger to Eli, the same goes for Garth. Without a lumimant around there is not much that can threaten an Umbramancer.

"So that's why you decided to come to Wallace. You want to make sure there is someone who can fight them. But Daystar, do you realize in how much danger you are placing yourself?"

"I am a heroine or am I not? And Lux was my cousin. If the police determines that Eli or this Garth are responsible I'll make sure they can't use their powers to escape."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine paused, and her head hit the table. "I don't know...And I'd rather go into a conversation about my childhood and not trusting people and my history with guy's. Let's just say..." She raised her head and glanced to Tegan, her face devoid of emotion. "I want to have my freedom, but I don't know..." She sighed and shook her head "I don't know. It's not a simple as love at first sight." She rested her head back on the table, depressed instantly. "Tell anyone about this and I will kill you. Especially Tegan. He knows..." She flew into a more depressed state, "He's a empath...he knows more then words can say anyway..."

(There, Moonshine opened up a bit. She's not happy.)

Eli was quiet as he and Caim made their way back down to the street. How could somebody be killed but not leave any trace of themselves? Most souls passed on to whatever awaited them, but there was always something left behind, even if it was just the shadow of a memory.

When they were outside he delved into his pocket and took out his notebook and pencil looked at the next name. Kain Turogel. He had been killed during his nightshift at Eden Apartments. Maybe they would find something there?

Glancing upwards Eli saw that there was still a fair bit of activity going on at the college. Some 'secret' this part was. There were quite a few people hanging around hoping to gain entry. He wondered what the party was for.

Getting back to business he turned to Caim.

"I think we better check out this Kain Turogel next. It might be a little harder to investigate though, as the building were he was found seems to be constantly staffed. We might have trouble getting any answers without someone spotting us."

"If there are answers to be found" pointed out Caim. "If the killer was the same person, we might find a similar situation there."

"True. But Kain was found in a building he was guarding. Maybe there are tapes of the incident, caught on camera?"

"Wouldn't the police have taken them?"

"Not always. Some people protect things they don't want the police to know about."

Edited by Fortune86

Moonshine paused, and her head hit the table. "I don't know...And I'd rather go into a conversation about my childhood and not trusting people and my history with guy's. Let's just say..." She raised her head and glanced to Tegan, her face devoid of emotion. "I want to have my freedom, but I don't know..." She sighed and shook her head "I don't know. It's not a simple as love at first sight." She rested her head back on the table, depressed instantly. "Tell anyone about this and I will kill you. Especially Tegan. He knows..." She flew into a more depressed state, "He's a empath...he knows more then words can say anyway..."

(There, Moonshine opened up a bit. She's not happy.)

"Threats? Let's have this other fight first and see if you can carry them out before risking a big lip. Besides I am not an empath. But organizing a party for someone and putting their picture into ones phone doesn't exctly spell 'Leave me alone.'" Cizzur pointed out.

He crossed his large arms and leaned against the wall. "Can't fault you for being careful with him, though. If you had asked me yesterday I'd have told you no matter how it seems he has no heart that he could give away. But the way he looks at you..."

He pointed at Daystar and the group of girls that tried to look casual while they slowly drifted closer to her and Tegan.

"None of these geese ever even suspects there is anything beneath his bright smiles. But he never fooled you, did he?"

Miguel smiled at the strange, pretty girl. If Tegan had managed to call him to take notes during their lecture because he couldn't be there he would have remembered to chancel the meeting with this fair creature too. But he rather enjoyed talking with her, so he wasn't about to let her know he doubted her words.

"You'll have to blame Moonshine that he hasn't shown up. She organized a surprise party for him."

Excited this boy knew where Tegan was, Melodee quickly seated herself across from him. She feinted disappointment as she responded, "Oh. I was hoping it would work out this time. He's so busy..." She looked out the window, pausing for effect. "So, I guess I'll just go back to the academy." She sighed, then looked back at the stranger.

Edited by Silver_Voices

Moonshine turned her head and gazed at Tegan for another moment before standing up and saying "Excuse me for a moment." She frowned for a few moments, cursing her stupid emotions, before turning and heading toward Tegan. When she was by his side she held out the package. "I know you have better things to do" She eyed the fangirls surounding them. "But open that when you have some time. Hope you enjoy your party." She paused, and then headed back over to Cizzur and Moria and held out some money, "Take Moria and go and grab a cake, the fangirls forgot one." It was obvious she was trying to get rid of them for a few moments.

Issac walked along the street and eventually found the bank. He wondered if he should open an account and make a transaction right away. He decided it'd be for the better and went inside.

Issac's crow soon spotted Issac and led Leon and Isis to the bank, but when they got there it just sat at the door. They figured it'd be best to leave Issac to this task and decided to head elsewhere, grabbing a map by the bank while they were at it so they could find places themselves.

Talon continued to track Eli. The view on the screens were now being suplied by ten watcher robots that hid just out of sight, so that Talon could hear snatches of conversation. The cyborg heard Eli mention the name, 'Kain Turogel' and guessed what he was up to. Talon then activated a private intercom channel to Cyrus. "Take some scanning equipment to the place where my one salesman died" he ordered, then cut the channel without waiting for a reply.

Excited this boy knew where Tegan was, Melodee quickly seated herself across from him. She feinted disappointment as she responded, "Oh. I was hoping it would work out this time. He's so busy..." She looked out the window, pausing for effect. "So, I guess I'll just go back to the academy." She sighed, then looked back at the stranger. "I'm Melodee, by the way."

"Why don't you come to the party then? Moonshine stated that all of Tegan's friends are invited and since you are one... I can give you a ride if you don't have one. I'll come and have a look after I've finished my pizza anyway. I am not much into partys but I have to give Tegan the copys of my notes. He missed this mornings lecture."

---

Cizzur took the money and looked at Moira. The young heroine nodded and drew him after her into the wall.

---

Moonshine approached with a box and Daystar used the opportunity to bid farwell to her and Tegan.

"It was nice to see you again, Moonshine. Thank you for the invitation."

Tegan took the box, thanking Moonshine but she was already retreating again. With a little frown he opened the box, the girls around him watching curiously. A single card was in it. Tegan read it and slowly a grin played around his lips. He managed to poket the card, beore one of them could read it.

"Excuse me, ladies. I've got to find Moonshine."