Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

Moonshine quickly forgot everything pretaining to now. She jumped into the air, backflipping and landing on her hands. She vaulted back into the air and aimed a kick at his chest, landing and dodging to the side. She had ber body low to the ground, in a crouch. Her speed would be what would win this battle. Her strangth was lacking, but she was confident of her speed. But not enough to let down her guard.

Edited by warewolves

The girl was agile, he had to give her that. Avoiding the kick by stepping back would have been easy but opened her up to a new attack. Instead she jumped into the air actually taking the opportunity to aim a kick at his chest.

Cizzur decided to take the hit instead of giving up his position. His balance was secure and he knew it could withstand the attack since she couldn't put much power behind it, having executed it in the midst of the air.

It stung anyway and for a moment his breath catched, distracting him.

Meanwhile Moonshine had landed in a crouch to the side of him.

Cizzur dove into a roll, came up in a crouch himself, positioned perfectly to execute a swift turn and executed a strike against her upper left arm with the side of his hand. ((Hope I've translated that last part correctly.))

---

(Crouch, spin, hand on sholder)

Moonshine saw the hand coming and nimbly dived forward to avoid the brunt of the attack. Instead getting hit by the arm and not the hand. She used her force of the blow and her own strength to pull her body to the side, bringing her kick toward the unprotected pard of the side of Cizzur's body. She then jumped back a few feet, and centerd herself once again. She rotated her arm, making sure it was just sore and not broken.

Through JT's scanner, he saw the moment Cizzur took damage, his energy levels jumped much higher than he had originally believed they would. Interesting, so it attempts to hide itself... I'll have to continue examining to see Cizzur's full extent of this newly developed power. It will certainly further my studies on these supers... If his brother's levels were never fully examined... then we're dealing with a very powerful force here. JT noticed that both of these people were very capable fighters, sure enough, being a super that usually comes along with it. Unless their powers limit their physical capabilities, or their powers are solely mind-based. Cizzur has always been an interesting one, he has trained well as a fighter, but I never expected him to do as well as he does.

Cizzur thrust his other arm forward, blocking the kick. This one had a lot more force behind it then the first and for a moment Cizzur feared he had jolted his arm.

He tried to grab her ankle, but she was too swift for him, already retreating and trying to center.

Cizzur suddenly exploded forward, ducking under the arm she was rotating. He reached for her hips letting his body follow the motion. If she managed to evade it would be easy to fall into another roll, if he caught her he knew the motion would carry them to the ground.

---

Tegan - and Cizzur for that matter- had told her she needed to interact more with other people if she wanted to be considered normal. That was a bit of a problem though since Moira was constantly confused about the proper reactions in most situations.

Generally it was easier to get by by simply ignoring the people she didn't care about.

But as she passed an alley, she heard part of a conversation that gave her pause. She wasn't quite sure but it sounded as if the two people at the cardbord box had no room to sleep in.

Moira only remembered one single instance where one of her friends had interacted with somone who was in that kind of situation.

It had been three years ago at a party, where Tegan had met twin girls, who had missed the last bus and had no place to sleep as a consequence.

Therefore she had an unbiased formular for action.

"Would the two of you like to stay with me for the night?" She asked, trying to sound polite. "I have an apartment over at the campus on Amigne Academy."

(*Me pats Moira's head* Now that was actually a nice gesture, if you manage to not get your soul or all your property getting stolen because of it, I might give you a cookie point for it))

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine reacted quickly. She fel backward and rolled out of Cizzur's way. She felt the air as he passed her and felt a bead of sweat. And that was when she truly began to enjoy the fight. She smiled, and waited for his next attack. She had never felt so alive. Or if she had, not for a very long time.

A part of him would have liked to growl in frustration as she had managed to evade once more. Another part of himself made a grin appear on his lips unconsciously mirroring Moonshines smile. Something in him was loosening up that only relaxed when he found a good fight.

Cizzur dove into the roll as she disappeared backwards, came up to his feet, positioned perfectly to execute a swift turn and closed immediately aiming a blow from the right, a kick from the left and then another blow from the right in rapid sucession.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine jumped back as a blow came for her right, and then to the right as a kick came from the left. She Didn't see the thrid punch in time to dodge, and got ready to auto dodge via teleporting before she swore and forced herself to stop. She didn't have time to dodge, so she swore inside her head and prepared for the pain. All of this in the span of a few moments.

((I can see you lurking Sailing. I know you want to post...))

((MEEP!))

((I live in america, ninja.gif I go to school))

Cyrus was launched into the ceiling by the force of the blow. The android's head was caught in the rafters, and cyrus hung there. He didn't try to free himself, due to the fact that creating the concussion pockets had run down his battery. Yamaha meanwhile, had already fled for the helicopter, and took off.

=========================================================================

"It's your funeral," Talon replied, "and I'm not sure if that should be taken as figurative or literal,"

Tegan - and Cizzur for that matter- had told her she needed to interact more with other people if she wanted to be considered normal. That was a bit of a problem though since Moira was constantly confused about the proper reactions in most situations.

Generally it was easier to get by by simply ignoring the people she didn't care about.

But as she passed an alley, she heard part of a conversation that gave her pause. She wasn't quite sure but it sounded as if the two people at the cardbord box had no room to sleep in.

Moira only remembered one single instance where one of her friends had interacted with somone who was in that kind of situation.

It had been three years ago at a party, where Tegan had met twin girls, who had missed the last bus and had no place to sleep as a consequence.

Therefore she had an unbiased formular for action.

"Would the two of you like to stay with me for the night?" She asked, trying to sound polite. "I have an apartment over at the campus on Amigne Academy."

Melodee jerked her head up as a new voice joined the conversation. "Uum... Sure." She pulled herself off the ground to face a pale, dark haired woman with shades. "I'm Melodee. This is Kane. We only just met." She looked at the sky, trying to determine the time. "So, Amigne Academy? Sounds fancy. I've never been there. What's it like?"

((last post for a while. Sorry people. I'll post again as soon as I wake up.))

Cizzur hadn't used his full force with his punches. One it would have unbalanced him and made him vulnerable and secondly he wasn't trying to kill Moonshine. Yet weighing between three and four times what Moonshine did, all of it muscle, he didn't need full force to hurt her.

The edge of his hand connected with her shoulder and as soon as he felt the impakt Cizzur executed another kick, hoping the pain would distract her enough for it to go through.

---

'And this', Moira reflected, 'is the reason I usually don't try things like this.'

What was she supposed to answer now? She had heard that question a dozen times and everytime the person being asked had replied differently. How was she supposed to figure out what was the correct answer?

She stood there for a few moments without saying a word, then finally she settled for. "Amigne Academy is a college. You can judge the quality of the apartments for yourself."

Like an afterthought she added. "I am Moira Freeze. Nice to meet you Melody and Kane." The assurance lost something because of the dead voice in which it was delivered.

Moira noticed Kane was wearing shades like her but didn't comment on it.

Edited by Laura-Lana

((last post for a while. Sorry people. I'll post again as soon as I wake up.))

'And this', Moira reflected, 'is the reason I usually don't try things like this.'

What was she supposed to answer now? She had heard that question a dozen times and everytime the person being asked had replied differently. How was she supposed to figure out what was the correct answer?

She stood there for a few moments without saying a word, then finally she settled for. "Amigne Academy is a college. You can judge the quality of the apartments for yourself."

Like an afterthought she added. "I am Moira Freeze. Nice to meet you Melody and Kane." The assurance lost something because of the dead voice in which it was delivered.

Moira noticed Kane was wearing shades like her but didn't comment on it.

((No problem. Have a good night's rest.))

Melodee nodded. "Alright. I guess I will." She turned to try to look Moria in the eyes, but again, all she saw was the dark reflection of the glasses. "Thanks for doing this. It's kind of cold out here." She wondered why she would ask her to stay over at all. She didn't sound very happy about it. Though, she didn't sound annoyed either. Trying to compose herself, she held out her hand to shake. "It's nice to meet you, Moria. I hope to be able to repay you in someway, sometime."

(We seem to be leaving at the same times xd.png popped back on in the 5 mins I have free before going out)

Moonshine felt the pain, oh did she feel it. As soon as she had enough time to move away, she lept back, unaware of the kick she dodged. That punch had dislocated her sholder, and it hurt like fearking hell. She swore, and rushed towards the wall, hitting her sholder and sliding it back into place. She bit her lip, holding in the scream that would have come out. Turning around to face Cizzur, half in a pain frenzy and half holding herself together, she held up a hand as the universal signal for 'give me a moment.' She shok her head a few times, keeping an eye on Cizzur just in case he did rush her. As soon as she could think plausible thoughts again she opened her mouth. "Gah, haven't felt pain in a while. I've let myself grow complacent." She turned her eyes toward Cizzur and sighed "You win, I'm over fighting you for now. This is a battle I won't win, I'll need to train some more." Walking over she held out a hand and grinned "I look forward to fighting you again once I'm stronger"

(Moonshine doesn't do 'pain' xd.png)

JT then came out of the room from where he was watching and walked up to Cizzur. "I must say, that was quite amusing." JT grinned lightly. "Though, maybe later I'll show you exactly what went on so you can see from my perspective." He said to Cizzur. "You might want to take a careful look at it." As Moonshine walked out, JT went over and picked up the paper that he'd given her and lit it with a small lighter he pulled out of his pocket. "I guess she's a part of the club now as well. I'll expect more from both of you of course."

JT then walked over to the main room and was preparing to close. "Hurry along now Cizzur, I don't want to close you in there. An overnight stay wouldn't prove comfortable for those with higher energy usage. You need to eat more than the typical human, from what I've noticed, that goes for most supers."

((I'm quite nice with my regulars =P))

Edited by DragonlordJT

Moonshine exited the gym and closed her eyes for a moment, going through the fight again. She winced at the memory of the pain and nodded. "He was holding back..." Glancing to her hone she groaned. Calling Tegan wasn't something she wanted to do, even if she had lost. She Thought over the fight again and nodded, she would need to train some more. "There was that assasin school....I think..." She mused to herself. Flipping open her phone she called Tegan and said "I should have known the LArksong would have powerfull friends. Fine you win, I will see you there at six." And she hung up, without another word. Massaging her sholder, she winced "Twice, I really have let myself go." Turning, she took a step and walked into her house(She teleported) Closing herself for a moment she signed and said "Might as well get this started."

((Thanks smile.gif I had))

Moira took the offered hand and shook. She wasn't sure how to reply to the other statment so she remained quiet.

She turned a bit and made a follow me gesture, prepared to lead the way.

((By the way I can't see Melodys picture. Could you pm me a short description or something like that?))

---

"I'd like that" Cizzur admitted when Moonshine said she wanted a rematch once she was stronger.

He pulled over his shirt and left the ring.

"Looking at things from your perspective?" Cizzur asked JT. "Have you recorded the fight?"

He quickly hunted for his things and threw them into a bag.

"It wasn't a very fair fight, was it?" He reflected. "Even if you don't count the size difference she couldn't use her power and I... " He sighed "I don't know how to stop using mine."

Which went for both of his powers actually, but Cizzur wasn't prepared to admit that one.

He grimaced as JT mentioned the food. Cizzur was spending enough on grocerys already. Muscle mass didn't develop or was kept by thin air after all. He had no idea which part the reflexes played but he was pretty sure the new regeneration power would burn through a lot of calories.

---

Tegan wasn't able to get a word in when Moonshine called, not even for a greeting, but that didn't upset him. His eyes sparkled and a smile played around his lips as she grudingly agreed to go to dinner with him.

He sent Cizzur a SMS to thank him and then called to make reservations in the restaurant.

After that he went to his wardrobe, wanting to look his best for Moonshine. She'd most likely pretend to ignore it or make an infuritating comment, but she would notice. Moonshine was drawn to him, his empathy was clear about that. All he had to do was made her admit it.

A feat which was proving to be quite a challenge.

(xd.png (Check the occ for the outfit)

Moonshine: Yes!!! He admitted it!!

Me: :3 I wouldn't be too happy. You know all to well how much I torture my characters.

Moonshine: *Growls*)

Moonshine brushed her hair, put on her clothes and looked for a air of shoes. Pleased to find she didn't own a single pair of high heels, she put on some boots instead. She also put on some shorts underneath her dress, be prepared as they say. She was soon done, and went though her wallet to se if she had any money. She watched as an imaginary moth flew out of her wallet and mused for a moment. She teleported to a bank over the other side of the world and watched a man get money out of a card, memorising his number. She easily stole it with a split second teleport, and withdrew the money from a nearby atm before returning it, leaving the man blinking in confusion. Satisfied she was ready, she waited untill it was time and teleported to the front entrence. Walking over to the side of the resturant, she closed her eyes and waited paitently for once. She was thinking deeply over her fight, and how to improve herself.

"To be honest, not really. Her only power is teleportation. Your regeneration and greater strength are certainly an advantage to be had." JT replied as the wall closed up and sealed itself again. "And yes, I did record it, much like anything else that occurs here." JT paused. "Perhaps the next time you drop by I'll show you the recordings of your energy levels along side the actual video recording. That way, you can see what influences you power and somehow learn to contain it. Some of it is automatic, but if you can control it, things will be much different."

Such as how you might be able to hide your regeneration signal almost entirely... if that's even possible... You might be able to hide it enough to slip past as a flaw in a scanner...

"But the strength is just a consequence of the size, not a power." Cizzur said quickly. then added more insecure. "It is, isn't it?"

There was superstrength running in the genetics of his family just like the regeneration power did. But he hadn't noticed any difference in his strength and none of his siblings who had displayed one of the abilities had been possessed of the other as well.

((I am still waiting for that power to manifest itself, so it would be great if it wasn't visible yet. Oh and what is going on with his regeneration signal?))

---

Tegan had opted for black trousers, black jacket and a cream coloured silk shirt that was setting of his dark blue eyes.

He debated putting a fake earring in his left ear but eventually decided against it.

The clothes looked deceptively simple, but that they fit him so perfectly was no accident. They were worth a small fortune.

He wondered what Moonshine would be wearing. Not that she didn't look adorable in nearly everything, but he feared La Deva might not admit them in if she dressed in baggy slacks, sneakers and an oversized T-Shirt just to annoy him.

He reached the restaurant a few minutes early and went in to have a look at the table that had been reserved for them.

When he went back to the entrance he came to an aprupt stop. Moonshine had appeared standing there with her eyes closed her face in contemplation.

Tegan swallowed. She was looking like a goddess. Her long, silken brown hair caressed her perfect figure which was set of by a shimmering black dress, which was short enough to reveal creamy legs a mile long.

The boots she wore instead of high heels added a touch of amazon that was very Moonshine and heated his blood.

With an effort he pulled himself together and walked up to her.

"Hello Moonshine." he said softly and offered her his arm. "You probably don't want to hear it but you look breathtaking."

Moonshine opened her eyes and turned. She took in his clothes, and then closed them and stood up. "I wore them for you." She walked toward the door, her thoughts silent for a moment as she carefully consider her emotions. 'He looks, very nice.' If she was truthfull, then she wasn't swayed by them as much. She paused at the door and opened her eyes to look at him. "I have a condition of entry." She paused and gave him her full attention. "I want you to ignore every emotion you feel from me the entire night. You must forget whatever you feel with that power of yours." She turned and headed inside. "There will of course be a reward."

"Of course it's simply cause of your size. If it was otherwise I would've seen it and told you by now." JT added. He knew Cizzur's family had a multitude of powers amongst them, but Cizzur hadn't shown signs of any until recently. Police databases had lots of information on them, so JT had used his communications with them to his advantage. Surely he didn't keep all of his technology to himself, only the best ones. It allowed him to get database information and use it in his gym to compare signals and see if there are common attribtutes amongst them.

((A regeneration signal is constant, but due to how it works on the body, it'd jump in it's levels because of damage. Thus, working immediately to fix what went wrong if you think about it =P Makes sense, doesn't it?))

((Absolutly biggrin.gif))

Cizzur looked relieved. "Thanks JT. For everything. I owe you." It was a bit risky to say such a thing to JT, because he seemed to Cizzur like the kind of man who'd collect one day, but then again he doubted JT would demand something he wasn't willing to do.

He took his things and left the gym.

---

((So does she like what he's wearing or not? I'll have to admit I am no expert in man fashions, so it's not so easy to come up with a description.))

Tegan tilted his head slightly. A reward. That sounded intriguing. He looked at her from half closed eyes like a hunting cat studying prey.

"I'll give it an effort.", he said eventually.

He offered her his arm once more and nodded to the restaurant. "Are you ready, mystery girl?"

Moonshine looked to the arm, and took it without a word. "Yes....Tegan." She had utter disgust and displesure in her thoughts, but of course no one but an empath would know that. "You look...nice today." As they headed inside she noticed the ritzy atmosphere and the tiny servings of food.She also noticed the white everywhere and the shadows nonexistent. She glanced around a few times, feeling exposed, without showing it outwardly.

(She is half testing him)

As soon as Cizzur left, JT finalized the shut down of the gym. All systems went offline as he went outside the door. It locked behind him, but then he pulled down a manual metal slider in front of it. He locked it up and headed back behind the gym, throwing on a leather jacket as he did so. He then hopped on his Harley Davidson motorcycle and drove back home to the Inner Circle. Expenses weren't much due to some of his patented works that he supplied to the government, like his networking systems for their criminal databases. It hadn't had any known leaks nor hacks in it's short lifetime so far, but that was bound to change as time went on.

He knew one of his more recent works would need testing soon... it was to prevent teleportation powers from working. They could teleport, but they couldn't leave the room. He hadn't completed it yet, but sure enough, he now had a guinea pig.

((And who says I'm not manipulative? =P))

Tegan almost flinched when he was hit by her disgust. It was on the tip of his tounge to ask if she'd prefer a different restaurant, but looking at her smiling face he realized that was the kind of reaction compelled by his power.

He pressed his lips together for a moment, then lead her to their table as if she was a queen.

He wasn't convinced he'd be getting his reward or enjoying it, since this little exercise seemed to be designed to make Moonshine dislike him more than the other way around. Girls rarely appricated men, who ignored their feelings.

Yet he decided to play along, in part because he was curious to find out what Moonshine was planning, in part because it would give him an insight into her puzzeling character he otherwise might never get and in part for the simple enjoyment of the exercise. Hiding his reactions to the information his power gave him was hiding his own thoughts and emotions and that was a game Tegan had played as long as he could think. Deception like flirting was an artform that was vastly underrated.

Edited by Laura-Lana