Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

Cizzur felt as if he was spotlighted. He expected JT to confront him any moment and accuse him of having powers. But nothing happened. Afer an hour on the treadmill and another hour on the weights Cizzur was beginning to feel better.

'Maybe,' he thought optimistically, 'his instruments haven't picked up the change in my powerprofile.'

The pessimistic part of his brain countered. 'And maybe you are going to be elected the May Queen tomorrow. When has luck EVER looked your way?'

---

Tegan sat in his apartment and thought about the days events. The dreadful compulsion to make the girl feel better had abated luckily.

One of his hands absently brought his hairs back to shape, the other one tightened around his pen. As much as he loved being able to influence other peoples feeling he loathed being at the mercy of his receptive empathy.

It was rare for him to feel depressed and his mind instinctively searched for something to cheer him up. His eyes fell on the phone.

Tegan began to smile. It had been hours since he had talked to Mooonshine the last time. He did not know how she did it, but even if she only wanted to fight hearing her voice was guaranteed to cheer him up.

Tegan took the phone and dialed her number

Edited by Laura-Lana

(*Searched for it for 10 minutes* gotta name files better sleep.gif' )

Moonshine opened her eye and swore. Her phone began to ring. "Hello?" She answerd, being extremely carefull to keep every single bad word and negitive comment she wanted to say to herself. She immediately regretted it as she realised it was Tegan. "Mystery girl? Here is Tegan. How are you?" She growled, too tired to even properly insult him, "Ah, I was wondering when you would call. Are you stalking me or something?" His answer pissed her off even more as she walked over and took out her can of drink. "Well you are certainly stalk worthy, but no. I was just missing you." She took another breath, and said "... I see...Where did you end up getting a place?" Taking a quick moment, she drowned the rest of the can, letting the tingle of the soft drink wake her up. " So you are interested to know where I live. Fascinating, I am living in the Eden Apartments. And where can I find you, Mystery girl?" She clenched the can, causing it to be crushed and threw it at the bin, leaving a dent in both. "It's none of your business, but I got a house in Inner circle. I can always teleport to safety." She pasused, and grinned "I've even got a special room layed out for you" Tegan quickly replied "Is that an invitation?", she smiled with malice and replied; "Sure, if you don't mind being tied down on a table as I get a few of my friends to take you for a 'ride." She quickly glanced around the house, thinking of whom exactly she had as a 'friend'. "And here I thought you were the jealous type. Are you sure you are okay with your boyfriend giving out 'rides'?" She growled, and her voice lowerd as she began the threat. "Call me that again and I'll sic Violet on you" She brought out another can, and began to drain it as well. "I see I'll have to give this more effort. How about dinner this evening? I'll even let you pick the place" She paused and frowned. "The only place you could be talking about is that restaurant in tow-" Monshine stopped herself, realising she had fallen into his trap. "And why would I have dinner with you?" "La Deva, yes. Fine! I am glad you agreed! Let's say 8 o clock this evening?" She growled, and then snorted with scorn ""When did I say I agreed? And besides that I doubt you could afford my bill. Have I told you of the time I kidnapped Mickey Mouse for the ransom? Blew that on a feast, no money left afterwards." She thought about it for a moment and then grinned, she had the perfect option to make him leave her alone. "How about this, come with me to the Gym, and if you can find someone to beat me in a fight, or at least wound me you got a deal?" She grinned, knowing there was no way he'd say "Deal, my dear. But don't think it's going to be easy for you." She nearly opened her mouth and yelled out "What!?" She consolled herself in the fact that Tegan couldn't sence her though the phone. She laughed with scorn, "I'm afraid I am too confident to listen to you, Loverboy, who am I fighting? An x girlfriend? I wonder how they fare off a cliff" She smiled faintly, knowing no one fared well off a cliff. "I'll leave that as a surprise. And no pushing people out of cliffs. That's cheating" She grinned, her voice filing with humor "Oh you liked it, admit it." He replied calmly "I like you, that is a tiny but important difference." She nearly threw her phone away in pure anger. She took a breath, and said stifly "I will see you at the gym in half an hour. Have your fighter by then or we're going cliff diving instead." She then quickly hung up. She paused, then pulled out a spare phone and drew her arm back and smashed it against the nearest wall. "Tegan, I have never met a more infuriating guy..." She shook her head and then teleported to the gym to get herself warmed up for the fight. She was always in combat ready clothes. She walked toward the entrence and went through like any other super. Then she walked over to the nearest punching back and began to punch it lightly, conserving most of her energy. Next she would go to the treadmill.

Edited by warewolves

Normally a mere gust of air would have had very little impact on Eli, but he was standing on the foyer stairs when the blast made him lose his balance. He fell backwards, a look of horror tinged surprise on his face, and slammed heavily onto the stairs. He rolled down a few steps until he finally came to a stop, knocked unconscious.

The second its creator was no longer a restraining presence in its mind, the abomination that Eli had crafted to hold the crystal dragon went wild. Roaring in both fury at its master being attacked and its joy at finally being able to act as it pleased the dark mass wrested its self free from Shatter shard and dripped down onto the dirty faux marble floor.

For a moment it seemed as if the mass was content to be nothing more than a black puddle, but then the center began to rise and the monster took on a new shape. It twisted its self into a huge bipedal humaniod with a horned head, as shiny and as black as coal. It had little in the way of a face, except for the irisless red eyes that seemed to glow with barely suppressed rage.

However the most imtimidating feature of its new form was not its size or features, but the giant mace it held in its clawed hands. The head alone was larger than any of the humans or cyborgs in the room.

The monsters began to stalk towards Yamaha & Cyrus and raised the mace high. A few feet away it brought the weapon down and struck the floor with a mighty blow, shattering the faux marble and sending shockwaves through the building.

((From what I remember Y & C are by the doors right? They can either be knocked out through them or just run away onto the street outside.))

Edited by Fortune86

JT noticed Cizzur's anxious movements and heart-rate through his monitors. He probably suspects I know... I just hope he doesn't try to kill me or something. It's not like I'd tell the police, cause then they'd want to seize all of my work without paying me, as if! Either way, he'll probably confront me about it eventually. I'll be honest with him, which is a luxury he has here that most other places probably don't give him. If he threatens me, it's just a risk of exposing even more than he wants exposed, especially to the police. I think he knows that as well, if not, I'll make sure he does.

Leon decided to sit next to the girl. "I'll believe it when I see it." He grinned. "Until then..."

Issac watched as Leon further pushed himself into trouble, knowing he wouldn't listen anyways, he just sat while Leon's actions amused him. While the girl still didn't look familiar, not only her presense, but her attitude reminded him of someone as well, but who?

Cizzur still hadn't decided what to do about his problem with JT when he finished his exercises.

He toweled himself dry and took a hesitating step in the direction of JT's office.

His cell rang.

"Yes? Hi Tegan, I ... What kind of favor? ... Sure I am always up to a fight, whom do you want smashed? ... You are joking!... Tegan, if you send a girl half my size against me, there won't be enough left of her that you can take her to dinner... Don't get ridiculous, I don't have a problem with hitting girls and I don't underestimate them. My sister Maria is one for lack of a better term, but it bears mentioning that she is over 2 meters and built like me. Size does matter in close combat...A super? When had you planned on mentioning that? What kind of powers does she have?...

I am thinking about it... You are aware that I really can't promise... All right, all right. I'll do it. If only to see the one girl that has enough brain not to accept an invitation to dinner with you without a fight."

Cizzur cut the conversation and shook his head. He sighed invardly. Now he HAD to talk to JT. He didn't dare fighting against Tegans not-girlfriend without supervision. JT wouldn't allow something serious to happen to her. And maybe he could make sure she wouldn't drop him of a cliff either. Cizzur was good, but he had no idea how to counter a move like that.

"JT? May I have a word?"

"Of course." JT replied. He also noticed the super on the treadmill eyeing them carefully. "Best do this in a more... private area..." JT stated as the girl continued to watch. He opened a sliding door to the desk, inviting Cizzur to follow. JT then pressed a button and put in a code on his keyboard. Then the windows of the desk, which were in fact bullet-proofed, were covered by metal slides which came down from the ceiling. Don't think you can spy on me little miss. I already have your signature for teleportation on file, the moment you teleported outside the door it was there. While you might not realize it, your adrenaline is showing your levels quite clearly too.

"Come on in." JT said to Cizzur from behind the cover of the metal slides. "Someone is watching us with rather uncomforting intrigue." His mind was wondering who it was he'd had on file. I think I recall... her name started with an M did it not? M... Mo... Oh yes, Moonshine... As he thought this he typed her name on his computer, bringing up a file on his eyepiece instead of on the monitor's screen. Yes now I recall. She likes to teleport a lot because of her typical laziness to walk somewhere... She also has a rather abrasive approach to things.

Cizzur hadn't noticed Moonshine's interest but he appricated the privacy of the desk.

He walked in and sat down twitching uncomfortably. "I've been asked to duell someone and I wondered if it was possible to do that somewhere where..."

He sighed and hung his head. "You know how I tend to loose my head under stress. So far I've managed to keep from killing anyone and I'd really prefer it if that didn't change because of a "friendly" match. Not to mention my opponent is a teleporter.

I wanted to know if I could show her... you know what."

Cizzur squirmed a bit, then took a deep breath and added. "And since we are talking already have you ... noticed something different about me?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine noticed the two. She had moved onto the tradmill, and had heard the phone when the call had started. She gazed at Cizzur, assessing him as she heard the Name Tegan, or lip read it. She noticed the manager looking at her like she was someone who would go insane. She snorted, and turned back to the treadmill and turned it off, done warming up. Turning around she gazed as they went into a rom, and wonderd if she should follow. Then she shrugged and turned around to gaze at the equipment. "Hmmmn, none looks nearly enough like tegan..."

JT then typed and closed the sliding door behind Cizzur. "I wouldn't normally take a request... but you're a regular and I know I can trust you." JT replied. When Cizzur mentioned a teleporter he had a feeling he knew who it was. "I guess I can offer my services, afterall, you've been a good customer for a while. I was actually planning on closing up in 15 minutes anyways."

"As for anything different... yes in fact." JT typed on his keyboard and brought up the record showing Cizzur's brother's energy signals versus Cizzur's own on the monitor for Cizzur to see. "You have your brother's regeneration signal. I'd be careful about getting into any trouble in the future, if I can pick this up so easily, surely the cops can too. It isn't a perfect signal match, the levels of it are different, but the source signal is the same. Yours is still developing is why."

Edited by DragonlordJT

"Thank you." Cizzur said when JT gave permission to use the fight club for his duell. It was a high honor and Cizzur would do his best to never disappoint JT. He could count the number of people who had ever extended any trust to him on one hand and have fingers to spare.

When JT continued his mood sank as quickly as the titanic.

Cizzur stared at the signals for a moment then put a hand over his eyes as if he could hide the truth if he didn't have to see it.

"Oh joy." he said with sarcasm heavy enough to slice bread with it. "I am turning into my brother. That's the thing to truly make my day."

He clicked his claws together nervously when JT mentioned the police.

"They won't need any equipment. " He admitted grudingly. "This morning I had a broken arm and was bruised all over and now..."

Cizzur held up his two perfectly healthy arms. "Hard to hide something like this. Still I was hoping it was a one time fluke, but I knew that was unlikely."

He stood.

"Guess I better look for my opponent now. At least a fight will make me concentrate on other things."

JT then typed again to open the door. "You're not your brother just because of your genetics, it's what you do with yourself that makes you different." JT said as Cizzur exited the front desk. JT then typed another command to close the metal slides of all the front windows, just to get the idea out to people that the gym will be closing soon. He also put in the command to turn off the lights of rooms that weren't being used. As a preparation, he turned on the lights in the hidden part of the gym, no one could see this of course and only JT knew they were turned on.

Moonshine yawned and went over to the vending machine and brought a drink. "Tegan better order soda or water and not wine." She msued silently to herself. Then shook her head and mutterd under her breath "No you do not want to go out for a lovely dinner and be treated like a princess for the first time in your life, especially with Tegan." Finishing the drink in a few gulps, she turned and gazed at the gym. The owner seemed to be closing it down, but she had a sneaking suspicion that she would be fighting someone soon, and that someone looked exciting. She grinned and closed her eyes. "Whatever happens." She said to herself, "This looks to be interesting"

Edited by warewolves

Cizzur took out his cell phone and called Tegan once more.

"Hey Tegan? How am I supposed to reacognize this Moonshine girl?"

Tegan sent him a picture almost as soon as he had hit sent. Cizzur blinked. Tegan must have had it in his cell already. He had never seen his friend running around with the picture of a girl in his cell before. This was getting interesting more and more by the second.

Cizzur looked around the room and saw his opponent by the vending machine. She really looked like a delicate thing, but then again daggers could be delicate too. It didn't made them less deadly.

He walked to her and cleared his throat. "Hey? You don't happen to be Moonshine, are you?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

Monshine close her eyes and smiled. Then she began to laugh, slowly getting louder and more maniac like. She eventualy quietened down and turned and gazed at Cizzur. "You know, you look very familiar" She gazed at him, before looking into his eyes and smirking. "You have that same look Tegan always has. You are definately his friend." Turning she threw the can away and returned her gaze to him. "Yes, I'm moonshine. My ablities are teleporting, and lip reading. My hobbies include reading a book, robbing a bank, and the occassional fight." She chuckeled and shook her head. "Alright, I should get serious." Suddenly her face was intense and there was no emotion as she gave him another look over. "You are built for strength, but that doesn't mean you can not bring yourself up to impressive speeds if you need to. This should be an interesting fight. And win or loose I hope to spar with you again sometime." She paused and mumbelled to herself "Lets see, joke, evaluation, name, yup that's everything." She turne toward the place he exited and said "In there?"

"Reading a book? And intelectual, I see."

Cizzur made a motion that asked her to follow him. "I am Cizzur Sal." He introduced himself. "And yes, I am releated to the mass murderer and the serial killer of that name. They were both brothers of mine. Fascinating that you think I look like Tegan."

He watched her as they were walking noting her grace and the confident way she was walking. That one was a trained fighter, he could see as much without having to witness a single strike.

JT came out as he heard Moonshine motion towards the desk and say "In there?"

"No, not in there." JT answered. "If you'd first listen... no powers unless they can be avoided. If you teleport, you'll regret it, when you teleport you leave a signal where you are... and where you're going. I'd have a clear shot at any time to contain you." JT's eyes scanned over the girl. "You really think I'd have you fight in a 6x6 desk area? You aren't very perceptive, are you?" He then clicked a button on his ear, a part of the wall flipped to reveal a series of scanners. He put his eye up to one while he put his hand on the other. "Since everyone has left except you two..." The walls then opened to reveal a large room, in the center was a wrestling/ boxing styled ring. "I can open this up for you two to sort whatever it is you need to."

When it opened, the scanners flipped back into the wall. JT then walked over to the corner of the new room where there was a matching set of scanners there as well. He did the same which then opened a door, once he went inside, it closed right up. He then appeared up above where there was a window, which was about 7 inches thick to keep from any 'accidents.' When he got up there a microphone popped out of his earpiece and shifted to a perfect postion hovering in front of his mouth. The room clearly had an intercom since when he spoke, he could be heard.

"Here is a list of the rules..." A paper was then shot out as a paper airplane to Moonshine from JT's new operation center. "Cizzur already knows them, but you don't so read carefully."

Moonshine turned and gazed at him, "I once met those two people you speak of. Sure it was no more then a few second during a teleport, but I saw their eyes. There is something in your eyes that is different from those two, but similar to Tegan's." She turned and headed toward the door indicated by the manager, waving a hand at him as she walked away "Take what you will, Cizzur, but bear in mind this." She turned into the room and continued "I have no interest in your history. I only care about the now. The Cizzur in front of me. I don't care about hsi mother his father his brother of his talking monkey. I care about the oponent in front of me who is the first real oponent I've felt in a long time." She took a spot in the arena, and turned, reguarding him. "I can feel it, feel our battle coming. And I can feel that it's going to be a good one." She read the rules quickly and nodded. "Nothing about weapons...Good to know for future." She folded it up and put it away. "Okay, no power and weapons. The first person to be pinned down for five seonds wins, okay with you?"

(Aka: I like you, your eyes are very strong.

Editing done.)

Edited by warewolves

Cizzur stopped and stared at her, for a moment feeling utterly confused. The concept of a stranger never mind a future opponent trying to be kind was alien to him. He had no idea how to react in such a situation.

Eventually he pulled himself together and climbed into the ring.

"You shouldn't read that many books. You sound like a reincarnation of Yoda. And read the rules carefully. JT can get very unpleasant if they are disobeyed."

She read the rules quickly and nodded. "Nothing about weapons...Good to know for future." She folded it up and put it away. "Okay, no power and weapons. The first person to be pinned down for five seonds wins, okay with you?"

"I'd prefer to see you bleeding, but I think Tegan would complain, so yes it's fine."

Edited

Edited by Laura-Lana

"Since you've both agreed on the match... I'll say when to start... on my 3..." JT pasued. "But before you start, Moonshine, I do require that you destroy that paper before you leave... just as a note..." He then noticed he was getting side-tracked. "Ready? 1... 2... 3!"

((While I may be perceptive.. I am always cautious as to being discovered =P))

Moonshine laughed, "Me? Yoda? You obviously don't know me." She nodded and said "I bet you would, but if I have neither weapons nor my power against you I am not entirely sure how well I wil do. Considering you are much stronger then me it is more then possible you will be able to hold me down." She paused and pulled out any valuables and other junk she had, including a can of soda flattened and folded into a small piece, and walked over to the side and placd them on the ground. "Okay, burn on leave." She paused and turned, taking up a position. She then relaxed, and her gaze grew more serious then it had been before. She was ready for the fight. The manager began the countdown, she wonderd if Cizzur was one to rush straight in. Then her mind cleared, and her mind grew calm.

Edited by warewolves

Cizzur didn't reply. Time for conversation was over. He had already gotten rid of his claws and his dagger. He had pulled out his shirt too, since it was soaked in sweat. It left him in black jogging pants that were a strange contrast to his hair which was white with red tips today.

It left his tatoos visible too. Strange black symbols, snakes, skulls, a dragon and a fire djinn.

He took deep breaths to gain a measure of calm, his feet slightly apart, back straight, waist and shoulders relaxed and supple.

JT counted down and the moment he reached 3 Cizzur took a step forward, his eyes on Moonshine.

Moonshine saw the step in the corner of her eyes, but her mind only focused on his eyes and sholders. Those were where the cluse would come. She relied on speed and instincts. She might not have the best reaction time, but her speed was well above par. She watched Cizzur, and a smile crept onto her face. HEr heart began to speed up, her body getting ready for the battle. She knew battles like this were decided in a moment, and she had to be prepared.

((I've never seen Dragonball Z so I don't catch the reference.))

Moonshine didn't move, apparently prepared to play defensive. Cizzur smiled grimly. He had no trouble going to the offensive. But he had to be careful least she use his greater strength against him. Cizzur slightly leaned forward to shift the center of his body. He lifted his arms a bit as if he planned to grab her, but instead of taking another step forward he half turned on his right and executed a low kick with his left leg against Moonshines ankles.

The movement was quick and precise, testament to years of training, yet if Moonshine had paid attention she would be able to evade.

((had to edit because I had less then four sentences))

Edited by Laura-Lana