Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

The eye widened when it saw the feather. "Ah, yes," the voice said, "one moment please,"

the door shut, and there was a symphony of rattles and clicks. The door opened, revealing the occupant of the apartment as a short hairy man with a grey beard. His left eye was bloodshot and swollen, while his right one was fine.

"Please, come in!"

His demeanor had changed from being outright rude to being outright polite, and slightly jittery.

Issac walked in slowly, not sure what to expect from this person. Issac, with his right foot, hooked the door with his heel spike and shut it behind him. "Now then, I don't want to be here long, just give me an estimate and don't try to BS me." Issac said as he let go of the feather, which continued to levitate over his left hand.

Leon laughed a little. "Issac has grown too used to working alone for his own good."

"That's too bad" lamented Eli. "He was a big help at Fell Haven."

It was then that Caim finally showed up, walking through the policestation doors with his usual expression of distaste. He walked towards his master, apparently not seeing Isis or Leon, and spoke to him.

"The miserable toads are fining me. We have until the weekend to pay."

"Well...there goes this month's rent."

The moment Caim came out from the Police Station, Leon's inner sense of danger started going crazy. He could feel his heart racing, ready for a battle or something. Whoever this guy was, he wasn't natural here.

"Issac? A help? Since when?" Leon joked, but his senses were making it difficult to do so. Whatever this person was capable of, it was bothering Leon worse than anything else really had in Athlon. Most of the things Leon and Issac had faced were of a lesser power.

Isis noticed the change in Leon's expression when this new person came outside, which was never a good thing. While Leon may not have noticed it, there was somethign strange about this sudden new appearance. His movements weren't natural feeling. Something was off but Isis couldn't quite pin it down.

"So maybe Issac will turn up again if you hang with us, he usually does thanks to his crow. That bird is quite capable of finding us almost anywhere." Isis smiled to Eli. "I mean, that's if you want to."

"Oh...so the crow was Issac's? I should have known. It was that which alerted us to the fight yesterday and led me to the dragon."

"What dragon?" asked Caim in angry surprise.

"Anyway, as much as I would love to meet up with Issac again, I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline."

"What dragon?"

Eli reached into his pocket and pulled out a small notebook and pen. He quickly wrote something down and after tearing the page out handed it to Isis.

"This is my address. Please feel free to drop round and see me at any time. It was nice meeting you both."

"What dragon?"

"Come on Caim. We have work to do" said Eli patting his servant on the arm and turning away.

Caim gave up, threw Isis and Leon a dirty look and then sauntered after his master as he made his way down the street.

Edited by Fortune86

Melodee was on her way to the pizza store when she heard the exclamation.

"What dragon?"

She looked over and saw four people in a group. Three looked fairly normal, but the other one looked slightly unnatural. The question had been asked by the unusual one.

"Come on Caim. we have work to do"

The group separated, and she followed the one named Caim.

"Um, excuse me?"

Edited by Silver_Voices

"Yes, well, that would be like signing my own death warrant," the short man replied. "My master gives second chances, but uh, never third chances." the short man replied. He cast a nervous glance to an egg sized ruby on a stand. "Cursed, that thing is, inspires greed. Those with week minds see their greatest desires reflected in it, and the unfortunate owner is influenced to show it off. Guarenteed death trap. I didn't catch it last time, and the buyer had his throat slit the next day." He shuddered and looked away.

The short man continued along the dark hall till he came to an open door. In the next room was a desk covered with various hammers, brushes, lenses, calipers, tongs, and other, more obscure devices. The man climbed into a chair that was high enough for him to be at eye level with whoever was sitting across from him, and motioned for Issaic to sit.

==============================================================================

Talon had ben watching Eli from the security camera in front of the police station. Now, since his target was on the move, Talon tracked him by jumping from one camera feed to the next.

Issac's eyes floated over the gem for a moment. As he did, all that was in his mind was having Drakken in his grasp... turning Drakken's blood to metal shards and forcing them out of his skin, tearing him apart from inside. Issac then blinked and shook his head and the image was gone.

"Whatever work that is... it shouldn't exist..." Issac growled. I thought I'd gotten over that son of a b****... seems this world likes to inspire old memories and hatred...

Issac didn't sit. "Don't play games with me about being equals, we're not." Issac's cat-slitted pupils became hair-thin against the back of his purple irises. He then levitated the bags of gold over to the man. "Weigh them carefully and don't make any mistakes. I'll know if you're lying."

We have 10 Troy pounds... sure enough that shouldn't be too hard for you to estimate...

((Which BTW, I've calculated the current price of gold to be about $196,440 for ten Troy pounds. Troy pounds aren't the same as our typical Avoirdupois pound, just to clarify.))

"It's not a matter of equality, but one of formality, so please, sit." the man replied. There was a nervous edge to his voice. From somewhere above, there was the sound of metal pieces sliding against each other, accompanied by rapid metallic clicks. Suddenly a small object dropped on the small man's head. It was a small robot, similar to a spider in design, but without an abdomen, and with a legspan of one foot. Another one gently lowered itself on a thin wire in front of Issac, while more crawled in from the hall, and the room was soon lit by their solitary blue eyes. The man gave a small whimper of fear. The robot in front of Isaic looked at him from head to toe, gave a small chirp of satisfaction, and turned around. It then turned to face the man and proceeded to squeak and chirp while waiving it's legs. This clearly ment something to the man, who nodded and said, " Y-y-yes, of course." Then, as quickly as they had come, the robots all left the room. The man shuddered, then continued speaking as if nothing had happened, "Besides, that feather is a good six inches long; a secondary flight feather. Master has never given one to someone before,"

The man proceeded to dump the gold out on to the table. He then took a lens and fitted it over his bloodshot eye like a monocle. Next he used a pair of calipers to delicately pick up one pice and look at it clocely. He then set the pice down, picked up a pen and proceded to write down some quick notes in an untidy scrawl.

When the robots slid out and appeared, Issac was already on edge. When they all disappeared he looked at the man again. He then heard the man comment about the feather.

"Let's just say, I'm different from most people." Issac added. "And I'm still not going to sit, I don't care if you beg or threaten me to do so, it's not going to happen."

Issac then brought up the feather in front of him, examining it even though he already knew most of it's capabilities. The black luster had always been an interesting sight as it wasn't like any other black metallic alloys, which were mostly dull in their luster. While he was levitating it and examining it, the strange egg-shaped gem reflected in the feather. Issac's eyes drifted towards it a bit. For some reason the object didn't bring out greed in him, but a wrath instead. A fire that had long been put out, re-ignited inside the boy's heart.

Edited by DragonlordJT

"The watchers settled that one if you hadn't noticed," the man replied. The man had picked up another coin and was studying it intently. "Interesting indeed," he then said to himself, "If I didn't know better, I'd say that these were coins from Athlon, not that you would know where I'm talking about."

=================================================

Talon decided to check on another matter of interest while he was tracking Eli. Using his power, Talon sent his influence through the power lines, and established a connection with a solitary watcher that was resting on the roof of the gym. The small robot reported that nothing noteworthy had happened other than the discovery of powers manifesting in one of the regulars.

No sooner had Caim started to follow his master when a young girl stepped in front of him and got in the way. As he glowered down at her she spoke to him.

"Um, excuse me?"

"What do you want?" he asked irritated.

Issac was quickly irritated. "Make a suggestion that I'm stupid again and it'll be your head." Issac glared over at the man. "Your ignorance is probably enough to get you killed, but I won't waste energy on you, you're pathetic as it is. And as a matter of fact, I do know what you're talking about. I don't think you even grasp the simplest idea of what kind of person it takes to survive there." Issac paused. "Now stop being so ignorant of what other people are, you hardly know the consequences of getting on my bad side."

JT's sensors gave an alert of a energy signal outside of the gym. He quickly turned a camera towards it and knew exactly who it was.

"Oh yes... Talon, the cyborg that escaped Fell Haven... Oh yes, and your little note of hating scientists here... you really think that you're any different than any scientist? You're just as damned curious, however you're far more reckless." JT said to himself. "Fine then, keep thinking I'm unaware of your little powers and games you play... I have your powers all on record, thanks to your record at Fell Haven... If you keep spying on me, I swear you're going to regret it."

No sooner had Caim started to follow his master when a young girl stepped in front of him and got in the way. As he glowered down at her she spoke to him.

"Um, excuse me?"

"What do you want?" he asked irritated.

Melodee swallowed nervously, and asked, "Was someone talking about the dragon?" She wondered why she was asking him, since he was the one who, apparently, didn't know anything about the events of last night. "I... was wondering if anyone knew where it was now."

The man paused, then set down the gold pice. He looked Issac with a stony glare, and growled, "Sonny boy, I may look old and fat, but this dwarf would rather be hewing the necks off of monsters rather than sitting here, counting other peoples gold, so forgive me if I've ben gone from my family long enough for peoples fashion senses to change. Forgive me, that I don't go out to much, because the sight of these buildings, and the smell of this putrid air, and the general attitude of the populace all sicken me to the core. Forgive me, that you have to listen to me rattle on, complaining about my problems, of how I have to stay isolated because of the nature of my job. Forgive me for telling you that you are going to turn out ten times worse than my master, and you'll like it." He looked down again, wrote something down, tore free a slip of paper, and slapped it on the table. He then turned his back to Issaic and said, "Item valued at Two Hundred Thousand dollars. Take that paper, and your gold, and leave."

One corner of the slip was wet, and the ink had bled into the paper. The dwarf was also shuddering slightly.

=================================================

Blue text appeared on JT's visor that read, Oh, come now. Is that any way to talk about your biggest fan? Not to mention that on all purchase contracts it clearly states that I check regularly to make sure that everything is working properly, and many of my costumers go to your gym. Though I am impressed. How did you get my Fell Haven record?

Edited by sailing101

Issac levitated the gold pouches to his belt and they clipped back on to his belt. "What you do is up to you." Issac's eyes hovered over the man. "We choose how we live and die, I think you'd best start doing that yourself." He then took the slip of paper and shook off the bleeding ink and just before walking out the door, he looked over his shoulder. "It isn't people who're always the problem, it's the environment they're in. If there's anything I've seen through these eyes of mine that's true, sure enough it is that alone."

JT was grinning. "Lot's of hard work is how. It took a while, but let's just say some old contacts are great for getting information..." JT then moved from his desk a little over to his construction station. "Fell Haven has lots of records with the police, however since they're juvenile, they're usually locked up pretty tight. And why are you such a fan of me? To be honest, I hardly have the money or equipment capable of some things compared to some... like a certain... Sheffield..." JT grinned wickedly at the mention of the name Talon resented so much. "And if you're thinking I got it from him, you're way off. He's too secretive compared to some and I don't trust that filth one bit. He'd think I was attempting something anyways. He always thinks I'm out to steal his work when I don't want to know even the slightest of what he's done. From his own records, he's not exactly the best about keeping it humane..."

He then moved to his contruction desk, where there were tons of parts of different items here and there, like security cameras and such. He began working on those specifically. "If you don't mind, I'm working on something. However, if you have that slimy lackey of yours, Yamaha, take anything or copy anything in the slightest, I swear I'll take him apart myself. I have no desire of losing profit because some little a** can't do it himself in a timely fashion." JT then paused. "Also if I were you, I'd keep an eye on him. Security cams have a lot of information, and I'd say he was quite reckless at the Tower yesterday."

((Also, WHAT CONTRACT Sailing? Seriously, you can't have Talon in control of everything. To put it simply, my character is NOT one to buy ANY equipment from ANYONE. I'm a self-making person, I'm not going to BUY anything from anyone. Before you say anything like that, PM me next time. As for there being any order contract with Talon/ Yamaha? It wouldn't happen.))

Edited by DragonlordJT

Melodee swallowed nervously, and asked, "Was someone talking about the dragon?" She wondered why she was asking him, since he was the one who, apparently, didn't know anything about the events of last night. "I... was wondering if anyone knew where it was now."

"I have no idea" replied Caim, cleary annoyed that he had not been made privy to the dragon's existence to begin with. "I have to go now. Excuse me."

Despite the wording there was nothing polite in Caim's tone. Barely glancing at the gil he pushed past and hurried on after Eli, who had already vanished around the corner.

Melodee stumbled to the side as Caim rudely pushed past her. Her temper flared and she hummed an angry note. Storming after him, she clentched her teeth together to stop the beginning of a song. "Hey! I'm not finished with you!"

((Also, WHAT CONTRACT Sailing? Seriously, you can't have Talon in control of everything. To put it simply, my character is NOT one to buy ANY equipment from ANYONE. I'm a self-making person, I'm not going to BUY anything from anyone. Before you say anything like that, PM me next time. As for there being any order contract with Talon/ Yamaha? It wouldn't happen.))

((Edited, sorry sad.gif ))

More text scrolled across the screen, reading, Yamaha had been within a hairsbreadth of taking a monster off of the streets for good, when the blundering Eli came in and unwittingly helped the beast escape. He wasn't going to leave things to chance again, but didn't account for the second monster that Eli had summoned. Yamaha underestimated the crystal dragon's ability to bend others to his will, but he wasn't reckless.

::USER TALON HAS DISCONNECTED::

JT continued grinning to himself wickedly. "Gotta love collective memory... seems Yamaha's sense of judgement is clouding your own. If you knew anything, you'd know that Eli had control of the beast from the beginning, but Yamaha interrupted and made what could've been an easy detainment into something worse." JT started cackling. "You fool Talon, you're so sure of yourself and your own creations that you fail to recognize power above and beyond your own!" JT then moved to the side. "Besides, not like you have any care for any living things besides yourself at this point, I'm surprised you even bothered with Issac last night outside of that fire... Or is it because you think you can use him? If you think you can, you truly are naive. Issac's personality records from Fell Haven also prove to be... uncontrollable... He loves resisting authority from what the records say. All of you Fell Havener's have quite a few issues, but none so much as yours Talon. If I were you, I'd be watching my back 24/7 instead of watching other people all the time."

Caim completely ignored the girl and carried on down the street, his long legs allowing him to easily out pace her. When he turned the corner he couldn't see Eli anywhere so he cursed in a language not known many living people.

"Great. Now where did he go?"

Melodee ran to catch up with Caim. He stopped as he turned the corner. She halted behind him and crossed her arms and tapped her foot.

"If you've finished walking away, I'm just trying to ask you a question. This doesn't have to be difficult."

"I already told you that I did not know" growled Caim turning to face the girl. "And it is very rude of you to eavesdrop on other people's conversations. Now you have made me lose my master when he is most likely on his way to another dangerous exploit. I do not have the time to deal with nosy little girls."

He turned away again and walked down the street to the road at the far end. He could easily catch up with Eli and escape the brat with his Spirit Realm abilities, but he needed to go in the right direction. Which way?

Melodee walked after Caim again. He was, of course, menacing, but she felt no fear. "Eavesdrop? You were the one yelling for the whole world to hear." She huffed, but tried to calm herself. She would never get any information from him, but it was worth one more try. "I need to know who mentioned it. Someone who actually knew about it." She crossed her arms again and shifted her weight to the other side. "I'm sure 'your master' can handle himself for the time being. if he needed you, he would come and find you."

((Caim wasn't yelling. huh.gif ))

Deciding he had had enough Caim stalked away again, but this time through the brick wall behind him. He had of course simply stepped into the Spirit Realm, but the girl wasn't to know that.

He looked in the colourless world, now inside someone's office. He strode through the room, directly through its occupant and out the wall on the other side before fading back into the human world out of the girl's view.