Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

It took Yamaha ten minutes to retrieve Cyrus from the police station. Since several gadgets designed by Yamaha were standard issue for the New Mansburg Police Force, It was easy for Yamaha to Explain his version of events, recharge Cyrus, and leave. He also made a recommendation that if the creature was seen again, nobody but Cyrus was to approach it, or else they might become influenced by it. Finally Yamaha turned Cyrus over to the lab-workers for general repairs and tune ups. By the time Yamaha returned to is own office, the sun was just beginning to rise

The policeman took a step backwards when Caim opened the door. Everyone in the department knew about the Necromancer's undead servant but nobody liked him. Even if he wasn't a walking and talking skellington with magic skin his attitude alone was enough to put you off.

As it was Caim treated the policeman to a glare that told him he was worth less than dirt before speaking to him.

"What is it that you want? My master is sleeping and should not be disturbed" he said harshly.

"There has been another murder" said the policeman as he tried not to take yet another step back in Caim's furious stare.

"So? You are the law enforcement officer are you not? Surely you can handle at least one case without running to my master for help?"

At this the policeman found a reserve of courage and drew on it. Dead guy or not, he had his pride.

"We can sir, yes. That is why I am here. I have not come to see your master to ask for help, but to place him into custody".

"What?!"

"He's a suspect this time" explained the policeman stepping forward. "The victim was Lux. I'm suprised you didn't know already. It's all over the news."

((Oh my. I've thought a very, very long time about how to respond to that post, Ware. ))

All he got in reply to his question was a wave. Moonshine shifted position revealing a computer game that obviously held her interest.

Tegan waited a bit but she continued to ignore him, though she eventually got up to make herself pancakes.

Tegan sighed deeply and told himself once again that he was the one who had asked for this. Well, he had told her he needed to leave soon.

He grabbed his jacket and called "Bye Moonshine." into the kitchen where she sat and ate with quiet focus.

Tegan shook his head again about the irony of falling in love with the one girl on the planet who seemed to ignore him half the time and argue with him the other half.

He decided to make a virtue out of necessary and jogged the way to his apartment instead of taking a taxi.

A number of police cars passed him. Probably another crime. This city seemed rife with it. Maybe it hadn't been the wisest choice to go jogging alone in these insecure surroundings. His parents would have a heartattack had they known. Ever since that gang that had tried to murder him they had been overprotective.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moira slipped out of the wall, remembering to nod in the direction of Melodee, who sat on her kitchen table and entered the bathroom. After she had cleaned herself she walked into her bedroom, checked which outfit had been listed for today in her dayplaner and took it out. It was black underthings, a bloodred top, straight black trousers and black boots. She applied matching bloodred lipstick which made her skin even paler and enhanced the empty, uniformly black eyes.

She put her worn clothes in the laundry basket and looked for Melodees, but couldn't find any. Figuring the girl might have only that one set of clothes she picked up another set of underwear, walked into the kitchen and dropped it wordlessly into her lap.

Then she walked to the fridge and took out a yoghurt for herself.

Melodee jumped, startled as Moira seemingly appeared next to her. She grasped the underwear Moira gave her in one hand and nodded her thanks. She figured Moira didn't care if she tried to have a conversation or not, but it seemed easier to just let the silence continue.

After she had finished eating, she went into the bathroom and changed. Looking at herself in the mirror, she noticed multiple dirt smudges all over her clothes and face. She made a note to ask Moira if she could borrow some clothes while she had her's cleaned.

When she looked back to the kitchen, Moira was still eating. She came out, took her trash from the table and stood nearby as Moira finished her breakfast. Her bright red in contrast with her black made her look dark, but also stunning. She drummed her fingers on the table a couple times, then asked, "So, what do you want me to do while you are in class? Should I just stay out of the way? Can I have a look around? Or do you want me to come with you?"

The second Tegan was gone Moonshine dialed a number and said "Is it ready?" The voice on the other end replied "Not just yet. Stall him. We need a little more time." She swore and said "What time?" The guy hmmed for a few moments, "We've been working all night, but we might have it done in an hour, no make it two." She sighed. "Fine, but it better be ready by then." She sighed and teleported to Tegan and said "Wait a second, please." She paused and closed her eyes for a moment and said "I need your help. And your friend that I fought as well if possible." She opened her eyes and glanced down "I will explain everything in a second, if you would listen."

Over night Talon's body had dried out fully, and the cyboarg was once again in full working order. He sat in his inner scantom, keeping a close eye on the moniters as they buzzed a constant stream from global news networks. Talon didn't think that he would hear anything worthy of notice, but it was always good to keep an eye out for anything interesting.

"Yes that's right, another super has been murdered in New Mansburg."

Talon's head jerked up. The death of a super always drew his attenion, and with the current mystery surrounding the deaths of several other heroes, this was something that deserved special attenion. Talon listened intently to the newscast. "The local hero Lux was found dead in his home this morning. Authorities say that this is yet another case where the victim showed no signs of any cause of death. It is thought that these murders are all the work of one individual. Police would like to report that they have a suspect and are moving in to arrest him. In other news..."

Talon tuned out the rest of the broadcast.

I must find out who the suspect is, Talon thought to himself, Ordinary police oficers would never be able to aprehend someone who can kill five heroes with so mutch ease.

With his mind made up, Talon began a search for the adresses that a police car had been dispatched to in the last hour. He came up with two results. One was the adress of the deceased, and the other...

"What have you done now Eli?"

Edited by sailing101

It was a strange gurgling noise that woke Eli up from his sleep. Hazily he looked around for the source, dimly aware that the blanket that Simon had been wrapped up in was now drapped over him, the boy presumably had gone home. He twisted his head around when he realised the sound was coming from behind him in the direction of the door and shifted in his seat to get a better look. It was Caim. Throttling two policemen.

Now wide awake with shock Eli leapt to his feet and cried out for his servant to stop, racing forward to pull Caim away from his victims. It wasn't until Eli's hand caught Caim's elbow that the servant released the policemen and allowed them to drop to the ground.

"What the hell are you doing?" Eli demanded pushing his way between Caim and the gasping men.

"They came to arrest you" explained Caim calmly as he tugged on one of his gloves to straighten it. "I wished to prevent that."

"Why would they want to arrest me?" asked Eli as he helped the policeman who had been talking to Caim to his feet.

"Lux is dead" spluttered the policeman. "And you are your undead freak are coming with us. Right now."

Eli hesitated and then glared over his shoulder at Caim, who merely shrugged. He realised that Caim had no intention of killing anyone, but had wanted to get arrested so that he could stay with his master.

"You could just have asked" he said annoyed that his servant would use such tricks. "I'm sure they would have let you come."

"I'm not."

Neither Eli or Caim gave the police any further problems as they were handcuffed and taken down to the car. The journey to the police station was a quiet one and they were lead to seperate interrogation rooms.

((Lol. Normally I have either Tegan or Cizzur around who can answer for her. I had no idea how much trouble she gets into when she's on her own.))

Moira stared at her for several seconds. Now she was supposed to decide for her guest? Considering that she tended to depend on the opinion of her friends even when it came to the decision between cornflakes or toast for breakfirst she felt a little overwhelmed there.

"Uhm... if you know what you want to do, you could do that." She tried. Most people seemed to know that pretty well on their own. She had always thought she was the exception not the rule.

"If not I can call my boyfriend and ask him what is best, or Tegan, or Tommy."

She supposed she wasn't making the best impression, but she was in over her head there.

---

Tegan sighed and looked to the door of his apartment. "Mystery girl." he said. "I love you and if you really need me than of course I'll come and ask Cizzur too. But are you sure it doesn't have time? I am tired, hungry, want to change my clothes and my lecture is starting in half an hour.

If it is so important why didn't you tell me about it yesterday evening? Or during the night? Or this morning?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moira stared at her for several seconds. Now she was supposed to decide for her guest? Considering that she tended to depend on the opinion of her friends even when it came to the decision between cornflakes or toast for breakfirst she felt a little overwhelmed there.

"Uhm... if you know what you want to do, you could do that." She tried. Most people seemed to know that pretty well on their own. She had always thought she was the exception not the rule.

"If not I can call my boyfriend and ask him what is best, or Tegan, or Tommy."

She supposed she wasn't making the best impression, but she was in over her head there.

Melodee nodded understandingly. "I'm sorry to make things difficult... I just was wondering what I could do in consideration of the rules here. I figured you would know them."

She remembered the pictured Moira had shown her the previous night and mentally drew a circle around Tegan. He looked pretty wealthy, probably powerful, and most definitely flirtatious. She wanted to meet him.

"I guess I'll just wander around. I'll be back around..." She tapped her finger against her chin. "Well, probably when the last class is released." She put a hand on the door knob and turned it slightly, but stopped and turned back to Moira.

"I don't expect anything, but I just thought it necessary to ask... Is there anything I need to know about this place before I start ambling around?"

Moira nodded. That she could deal with.

"There is no rule that would prohibit you from staying out of the way, looking around on your own or coming with me.

You should not try to enter any rooms that are locked. If someone is in the room already ask permission before you enter. If you want to read a book from the library you need to register first. They allow non-students to read the books too but you'll need identification. And if you want to borrow the book instead of reading it there you'll have to fill out a card and leave it at the registry."

Moria tried to think of something else walking mentally over the campus. "The food in the Caffeteria isn't free. You have to pay for it." she added after a few seconds.

Then she looked at her refrigator.

"But you can always come here if you are hungry."

She thought the problem over some more, then reached into the wall and pulled a purse out of the stone. She handed Melodee a fifty dollar note.

"I realize I have no idea what food you like, so why don't you use some of the time to buy groceries?"

((I might not have mentioned that before but Moira comes from a pretty rich adoptive family too. They aren't nearly as generous with her as Tegans and she doesn't have that many relatives, but the only one of my trio who is constantly lacking money is Cizzur))

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moira nodded. That she could deal with.

"There is no rule that would prohibit you from staying out of the way, looking around on your own or coming with me.

You should not try to enter any rooms that are locked. If someone is in the room already ask permission before you enter. If you want to read a book from the library you need to register first. They allow non-students to read the books too but you'll need identification. And if you want to borrow the book instead of reading it there you'll have to fill out a card and leave it at the registry."

Moria tried to think of something else walking mentally over the campus. "The food in the Caffeteria isn't free. You have to pay for it." she added after a few seconds.

Then she looked at her refrigator.

"But you can always come here if you are hungry."

She thought the problem over some more, then reached into the wall and pulled a purse out of the stone. She handed Melodee a fifty dollar note.

"I realize I have no idea what food you like, so why don't you use some of the time to buy groceries?"

Melodee nodded as Moira listed off the rules of the academy. She wasn't very interested in trying to break into anything or reading a book. She didn't think she could if she tried.

She gasped as Moira handed her fifty dollars.

"Yeah, sure!" She clutched it tightly, then slid it in her back pocket. "I'll go out and get something." She figured she'd walk over to the That's Amore Pizza and buy a large cheese and keep it in the fridge. Pizza was a luxury she didn't get often, and staying here had proved beneficial. Walking around in the day time didn't worry her half as much as wandering by night. It would take her an hour, tops, to walk there and back. She would still have plenty of time to look for Tegan.

She open the door and stepped out. Just before closing it, she smiled and waved at Moira and said, "Thanks, Moira. I'll be back before nightfall."

Moira lifted a hand to wave good bye but stopped before she could finish the gesture.

"Melodee!" she called. "Wait! I've forgotten that you can't move through stone. Don't you want to have the key?"

Since Moira prefered to enter her apartment through the wall anyway she wouldn't need it.

Moonshine rubbed her eyes, "You asked me out, I didn't want to ruin it. You have enough time to freshen up, but I would prefer if we could deal with this before you head off to the lecture. I'm sorry." She paused and glance toward the road. Her phone rang and she whipped it out and answered in one fell swoop. "Yes, I'm working on it. I know! How long do we have? Well...That's better odds then before...But not by much." She hung up the phone and close it and sighed "Better odds my ass." She glanced to her watch and then took a few steps back. "I'm sorry, could you please cancel the lecture? Or get someone to write down the notes?"

Melodee stopped and turned. "Oh, yes. That would be a good idea." She came inside to get the key from Moira. She suddenly realized how much Moira must be working to make things convenient for her guest. "I really appreciate everything you're doing for me Moira. I hope someday I'll be able to pay you back."

"You are welcome." Moira said and smiled. Tegan said her smiles looked almost genuine these days. One had to be close to see that it didn't reach her eyes. But Melody was close. Then again the phrase alone would have felt inadequate.

---

Tegan nodded and switched on his cell to ask one of his fellow students to make notes for him. There was a SMS from Moira asking him if he could find a place where someone named Melodee could play piano and another one from Cizzur saying he should call him back.

Tegan wondered slightly who Melodee was and what Cizzur wanted, but then concentrated on the problem at hand. He was tempted to ask one of his former girlfriends with whom he was still on a friendly basis for help - Hannah, who had a very neat handwriting - but decided he didn't want to provoke Moonshine. So he called Miguel instead, who promised he'd take notes for him.

Than he dialed Cizzurs number

JT drove over to the gym as fast as possible, he threw the lock open as fast as possible and headed into the fighting area, through a hidden door beside the door to his observation deck elevator was his personal "labratory."

"Another one dead... What's this coming to? Will I have to start selling my damned monitoring units to everyone?" JT talked to himself, it helped him think. "Great... so now I have to work on a system like my own monitors but for the city... you've got to be kidding me, now we'll know where every super is at any time... a lot of them won't like that... Especially Cizzur... unless..."

JT immediately pushed a button on his eyepiece, a microphone lowered from it as he called Cizzur, only a voicemail came up so he hung up without leaving a message.

"Oh well, time to get to work and NOW. If these killings continue they'll beg me for a city-wide security system to watch for a sudden power level to appear or something..."

Typing into one of his computers, the front door closed and lock itself, a sign lowered on it saying "Closed due to sickness." Even though, that was hardly the case.

In his lab, he went over how his security in his building worked for scanning supers' energy levels and starting trying to think in the opposite direction.

"How can I hide them..." JT mumbled to himself..

In the meantime, Issac started wandering around. Looking over the map, he pinpointed the address of the card Talon handed him. Issac walked up to the door, hands hovering over his guns as usual to be prepared for anything. Talon might've been a friend, but he couldn't always be trusted for his own psychological problems. He then stepped in...

Moonshine breathed a hidden sigh of relief. Now all she had to do was stall him. She pulled out her phone and sent a text to an old super aquaitence of hers. Done, she closed her phone once more and waited for Tegan. Her relief she knew he could feel, but she carefully hid her other feelings. It wasn't concrete, if he pushed he might realise. Hopefully it would work, otherwise this was for nothing.

Edited by warewolves

"Hello Ci..."

"What exactly were you thinking telling my Moira-Doll to invite that girl into her apartment?!?"

Tegan held his cell away from his ear to protect his ears from the volume.

"Ciz, I've no idea what you are talking about. Did anything happen to Moira?"

Cizzur was silent for a moment. Then he said in a more normal voice. "She has aquired a guest. A pretty one. That's why I thought you.."

"All right. That is unusal. But I swear I have nothing to do with it. Why didn't you tell her to send her guest of? Moira would do anything for you."

"It's not that she bothers me." Cizzur said and suddenly sounded contrite. "I just didn't like the thought that you had used Moira because you wanted to play some sick games with Moonshine."

"Thanks for that vote of confidence."

"Always."

"Anyways, talking about Moonshine she said she could use your help. Are you game?"

Cizzur laughed. "I like her. She's a fighter. Of course I'll help."

"We'll fetch you as soon as we are ready." Tegan said and ended the conversation.

Cizzur's cell blinked telling him he had missed a call from JT. He pressed redial and waited for the other man to answer the phone.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine raised an eyebrow, standing close to Tegan and listening in. "Oh? And how long have you been playing these games Tegan?" She chuckelled, and then shook it off. Pulling out her phone, she checked the time and frowned. "Tch, we're running out of time. Where are they?" She turned and looked to the road before glancing to Tegan and sighing again. "Remember this Tegan, Moonshine always pays her debts. Unless it involves money. Moonshine owes you a favor, she does not forget it." She turned back to look at the road and mumbled. "And uh....I guess I owe you a favor for this..." She didn't face tegan, a little too stiff.

(Ninja wolf!)

An incoming text appeared on the screen in front of JT's eye.

It read: "I need you to call a super or two to pick me and a friend up, and to lead us on a chase, led by another two supers, through town to keep my friend busy for an hour or so. I will pay all damages and owe you a favor. Remember; you help me, I help you, no questions asked."

JT knew who it was from reading it. "That girl is crazy..." He then pulled up his records and played with phone numbers a bit. "But I do need more work on that portable anti-teleportation system..."

He then sent a reply to her: "Fine, but be prepared to be annoyed as all hell and keep your power levels at a steady rate. A lot of testing will be involved. Bring a friend along if you like for these sessions. Now then, what kinds of supers are we talking about? Any specific powers? Or just anyone will do?"

JT then turned to his monitor going through all of the records of supers in the city. "Just what I need, a distraction from helping a friend.. You have the worst possible timing Moonshine, as always. I guess that's why you prefer teleporting, you don't worry about wasting time... however there are those of us who need to work... but either way..."

His earpiece then rang again. It was Cizzur. JT immediately answered. "Ciz, you there? We may or may not have a problem coming. I'm thinking that due to another Super being found dead, I might be hired by the police to start working on a city-wide security system... so now... I have an option for you. Since this security system will surely notify the police of any activities in the area of a super energy level appearance, they'll know your new-found secret. However... during the course of the next two weeks, if you're here every night, I can begin work on something to... more or less... mask your power level. I've already started calculations and have begun the process of an attempt, however I'll need you here to test it. Understand?"

JT paused, hoping Cizzur got it all. "I'll also be working on another project at the same time, so you might see that girl from last night again, just no fights this time, got it?"

Moonshine flippe open her phone, almost in a frenzy, as she got the text and rolled her eyes. She replied back 'Anyone's fine, and whatever I do to repay is fine as long as it doesn't affect my pizza job. It's the only job that actually works you know. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks, and hurry.' She closed the phone and put it back in her pocket and sighed.

"If you need my help you have it." Cizzur said matter of factly. "There aren't that many people I can get along with but you belong to that rare breed. But we've already established that I can't hide my powers anylonger anyway, so if you are doing this for me and no one else no need to bother. "

He listened as JT told him about the other project.

"Strange. Tegan just called me and told me Moonshine wanted my help with something. He sighed. "Darn. I forgot to tell him about that power. He's good with smoothing things over."

---

"Does that mean we do NOT have time for me to change clothes and grab something to eat?" He said with mock despair and stepped closer to her, a smile on his lips. That suddenly began to fade as he came in closer proximity.

He had felt the relief from her when he had said he would come. Now he felt her underlying tension and how uncomfortable she was.

"Moonshine what is wrong?"

((ahhrg. Had to edit because I deleted something I shouldn't have))

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine stiffened again. And turned and glanced to Tegan from the corner of her eyes before looking away. "You should have enough time for a quick change of clothes and bite to eat." She paused and glanced to the sky for a few moments. "At least the weather is nice. We won't have to worry about that then." She was frantically trying to form some kind of emotional wall against Tegan, but she didn't know what emotions to do. She sighed once, fustration pulling out.

"Just don't get injured in front of any cops and it'll be smooth. Unless I work on something that can cancel powers entirely, that's another issue, for now this is the best I can do to keep you from being detained for having a minor power and having a record, trust me the moment you're a super and have a criminal record in this world, you're probably screwed." JT then saw the text pop up on his screen. "Ugh Moonshine... you make things difficult... Sorry Ciz, but I have some people to call up, I'll talk to you tonight at the gym. It'll say closed, but that's where I'm at right now, because I'm ALWAYS there..." He then hung up in a hurry.

JT then pulled up numbers of some random supers in the area and dialed them, appearing to be from the police with his phone number and IP bouncer in his gym.

It may be illegal... but how ELSE am I going to get two supers to work in a solid they owe me? Not all of them are always willing to listen to me, just because I'm normal. Guess they forget I can disappear better than anyone else in the city besides that girl Cizzur is always with... Moira I think it was...

Within minutes he had some supers on their way to Moonshine.

((You can message who you want to join you or have NPCs named and powered as you please. I don't know your purposes so I'll let you take it from here Ware.))

Tegan waited but she didn't relent. "I can't help you when I don't know what is going on you know? I can't read minds."

Since Moonshine wasn't cooperating, he opened his apartment door, asked her in and vanished into his bathroom to return himself to his former glory.

---

"I know that.." Cizzur began as JT told him in how much trouble this power could land him.

The problem was he had his doubts about JT's assesment of the situation. People would notice if someone busted his lips and ten minutes later they were healed again and there were a lot of them who didn't like him and would tattle to the police with great pleasure. Not to mention JT was likely not the only one who knew Regeneration ran in the bloodline of his family and thus would be able to add two and two. The crimes of his brothers had been all over the newspapers back then.

But however the dice fell he would have to live with it.

Cizzur grabbed a knife, that could have doubled as a short sword in someone else hands and waited for Tegan to pick him up.

Edited by Laura-Lana