Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

"Tommy." Moira took a sip of her juice. "Thomas Freeze.", she corrected as it occured to her that Tommy's nickname wouldn't be helpful to Melody. "He's the illegitimate son of my adoptive mother's husband. We have grown up together."

She was silent for a bit then she said. "I don't have a piano, but I am sure my friend Tegan could arrange something if you want to play. He is good at arranging things."

Melodee nodded. Thomas Freeze... Sounded like an interesting person, considering he had grown up with Moira. Her eyes lit up at Moira's mention of a piano. "Honestly? That would be great." She popped the pasta into her mouth, chewing slowly so she would have more time to process what was going on without having to talk. They had somewhat moved on to other things, but she still wondered about Thomas. Would he be able to tell where her burns came from? How long ago? Surely he wouldn't be able to tell her where she got them from... Right? She shook her head. That's ridiculous. Just go along with the conversation. Everything has a time, and now wasn't it.

Moonshine's emotions exploded into deligh and mischeif as she thrust her phone out and snapped it before Tegan could clange her mind. She then glanced down at her phone and grinned in delight. "Awesome!" She said to herself, then rememberd who she was with and settled down. Turning her gaze upward at him she held out the iece of paper. "Here it is, art one of you reward."

The letter follows;

Dear Tegan.

I like you. But I do not like ritzy restaurants. Next time just ask me out for pizza or a movie. If I were to…Date you. It would be because you make me laugh, or know what I like and dislike instead of clamouring over me and how you always make me want to punch you and say ‘not in a million years.

Still I will admit I find you attractive. Like a chicken I once knew who could walk around like it wanted it’s head chopped off. If you want me to like you,try doing something fun or leave me alone every now and then.

Ps: Look up

Moonshine.

Figuring she had what she wanted Tegan stopped making the grimace, but he didn't bother with another smile either. Her delight soothed a part of him that he hadn't known he possessed but more familar parts of his personality just got more angry.

His lips were pressed together tightly and his dark, blue eyes were cold like glacirs watching her not with his usual naughty apprication and warmth, but with the something more akin to the gaze a hungry predator might direct on his prey.

He took the paper from her and started reading, his expression never changing.

When he had finished he turned the paper, produced a golden pen from his jacket and wrote.

Dear Moonshine,

maybe wanting to date you shows a real bad character trait on my part because on occasions like these I wonder if you are really grown up or a child in a womans body.

If you wanted pizza or a movie you could have told me, which you didn't. Instead you tell me I was to ignore your emotions and only answer to your reactions. So when I realized you didn't like ritzy restaurants I couldn't act on it because for some reason only known to yourself you pretended to like ritzy restaurants.

If you wanted to convince me that it is better to just ignore what you claim you want or how you act you have succeded. Congratulations.

Your Tegan

He handed the sheet back to her and said coldly. "I think I've gotten all the so called rewards from you that I can endure for one day, Moonshine. Spare me the second part of this. In return I'll grant you one last wish and leave you alone for the rest of the night. I hope at least this one is going to make you happy. Sweet dreams."

((You know Ware, I don't think she can make him unlove her, but if she keeps this up he's going to hate her as much as he loves her or more so.))

---

"Yes. Honestly." Moira said. She always wondered why people kept asking that. If someone lied about something, why shouldn't they continue to lie when asked if they had told the truth?

"I'll write him a SMS. Should I write one to Tommy too?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

(sleep.gif He doesn't get her does she?)

Moonshine frowned, hurt that he had misunderstood. She turned around and sighed "I didn't because I wanted you to enjoy an evening the way you like to, but you seem to have misunderstood me. I guess...I failed in that reguard." She turned and gazed at him sadly "I may not know much about romance, but I hoped you would atleast enjoy yourself." She turned and sighed "I do like you Tegan. But I don't want a simple lovey dovey relationship. I can't have a normal relationship. If that's what you are looking for, then go and find someone else." She gazed back once, then turned and grunted "I'm going home. At least there I can be alone." If tegan looked carefully at the moment she teleported away, he would see her turn back a fraction and her eyes looking like she was about to cry. "You've never seemed to understand me..."

Tegan had half turned himself when she began to speak, but as his words reached him he turned back listening incredulous.

As she finished he grabbed her quickly by the arm and pulled her toward him.

"I am an empath, Moonshine." He said softly. "I thought you knew that. I tried to pretend I wasn't because you had asked that of me, but that was all it was. Pretense. No matter what I do I can't stop being who I am any more then you could. And sharing what you feel ... how could you believe I would enjoy anything that you couldn't take joy in as well?

I might have made a mistake by choosing this restaurant, but I brought you here because I wanted you to feel special. Like a queen, worthy of only the best. Because that is what you are."

He let go of her and stopped staring at her. He looked down on his hands.

"I didn't choose a place that made you happy, but I could have repaired it, if you had allowed me to act on my gift. I could have repaired it if you had been honest in your reactions. But you had insisted on this game and I had promised, so I couldn't even admit that I knew both of us were misearable."

He shook his head slightly and raised his face to look back into her eyes. "You'll always be a puzzle to me, mystery girl, that is true. But it doesn't keep me from loving you. What I wanted tonight was spend time with you, not some empty facsimile of an exgirlfriend of mine. I wanted to learn more about you, what you like and don't like and I wanted to find something we could both enjoy. I did not think that was too much to ask."

He drew his hand through his hair in a helpless gesture and said wrily. "So... Have I understood you correctly? You were trying to do me a favor? Sacrificing what you want to make me happy? Seriously? And that after I coerced you into this date?"

The spark had returned into his eyes as he looked at her. "That was... very sweet."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine paused, then held up a hand in the normal signal for one moment. She returned with a pizza, six cans of soda, and a bottle of wine. She opened the wine and drunk it down and said "That's so I have an excuse." She aused and sighed at Tegan and rubbed her eyes "I never said I was any good at dating did I? And please don't talk about being a princess...When I was younger....no lets just not go there." She shook her head anf frowned at her atire and held her hand up again, and came back in more confortable clothes. She tossed Tegan the dress. "Do me a favor, and burn that thing. It was so uncomfortable that I would have loved to gain some waight just to see it rip." She turned and gazed at the resturant and turned and grinned at Tegan. "You don't mind do you? We're not going to be coming back here after all."

Edited by warewolves

He leaned at the wall next to her and watched her fondly. "Can I have some of the pizza?" he asked meekly.

When she vanished without warning he began to worry, but she was back quickly and he relaxed, realizing that she had simply changed. He took the dress she had handed him and eyed it thoughtfully.

"Not here, but I might ask you to accompany me to a buisness dinner or something like that one day. But I assure you if that happens I'll know you are making a sacrifice for me if you agree. And you can take me cliff diving afterward in recompensation."

He looked at the dress and shrugged. "I can burn it anyway though. If it happens and you agree I am sure we can find something more comfortable."

A grin played around his lips. "And I promise I won't talk about being a princess. I'd much rather be a prince anyway."

The grin died.

"You are very different from any other girl I've every dated. I guess if you weren't I wouldn't have fallen so deeply for you, but it means I am bound to make mistakes and misjudge you. Sorry about that."

"Yes. Honestly." Moira said. She always wondered why people kept asking that. If someone lied about something, why shouldn't they continue to lie when asked if they had told the truth?

"I'll write him a SMS. Should I write one to Tommy too?"

"Yes, I'd like that." Melodee said, trying to stay calm. Moira would never understand why Tommy was suddenly so important to her. In her emotionless state, she wouldn't understand the feeling of loss that haunted her constantly. And all of a sudden, a ray of hope was shining through her dark cloud of despair.

"So, Tegan. Where did you meet him?" Melodee asked, curious about how they came in contact. And why they were friends. It must be hard to maintain a friendship with her.

Moonshine smiled slyly. "Come on Tegan, do you honestly think you would live a long and happy life with one of those sheep?" She paused and handed him a few peices of pizza, and shoved one in her mouth. She grinned, and her eyes focused on the inside of the resturant. "I'll....be right.....back" She teleported inside, and immediately they noticd her 'uncivilised look' The first one to look away she pegged a pizza at. That keeped them looking at her. She smiled at them with malice "Alright here's the deal. You are going to get pizza alll over those clothes, and then give me all your money. Got it?" They began to boject, so she sighed and pulled out a knife and rolled her eyes "Need I remind you I just teleported in here?" They al realised they were outmatched and put the money on the table near her, once that was done she shoved the rest of the pizza down her gullet, grabbed the money and said "Oh, I orderd a prostitute for you all." Sure enough, two people, one male and one female, walked through the door. They took the money they had left on the table, and the utter fear on the ritzy people, at two harmless people, was clearly evident. She rolled her eyes and teleported outside, snatching another slice. "Mmnm, I really should have prepared better...Ah well." She glanced to Tegan and then turned and gazed at the streed, her mischeviousness not complete. She frowned for a few moments, going over her head what she could do. "I'm feeling....Oh that's it!!" She turned and grinned "Lets go to the arcade. I've something I want to see you do."

(Eh, don't think I'm in the right mood to play moonshine.)

Moira pushed her empty plate aside and took out her cell. While she texted Tommy and Tegan she answered Melodys question.

"Tegan and me met in High Reach. We are the same age and of course that means we were in the same class."

Moira hit send and wanted to put her cell away just as it beeped to show she had a message of her own. She read it and then looked to Melody.

"My boyfriend is coming over for an hour or two. I hope that won't trouble you."

In fact Moira couldn't care less what Melody thought about it, she just said it because she believed it was one of the phrases that were necessary in such a situation.

---

"I don't think I've ever put even a tenth of the effort into pursuing one of them that I put into going after you, so why do you believe I ever thought that possible?"

Moonshines agile mind was somewhere else already though. Tegan saw their malicious gleam right before she teleported away assuring them she'd be right back.

He ate his pizza and hoped she wasn't doing anything illegal. Being with Moonshine was never boring, but between her and Cizzur things might actually become too interesting.

Moonshine returned and told him to go to the arcade.

He straigtened and gave her a look of mingled affection and suspicion. "All right, we'll go to the arcarde. But I'd like to know what you want me to do before we arrive."

((Whatever did the people in the La Deva do to Moonshine to deserve this?))

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moira pushed her empty plate aside and took out her cell. While she texted Tommy and Tegan she answered Melodys question.

"Tegan and me met in High Reach. We are the same age and of course that means we were in the same class."

Moira hit send and wanted to put her cell away just as it beeped to show she had a message of her own. She read it and then looked to Melody.

"My boyfriend is coming over for an hour or two. I hope that won't trouble you."

In fact Moira couldn't care less what Melody thought about it, she just said it because she believed it was one of the phrases that were necessary in such a situation.

Melodee nodded, though still confused. High Reach meant nothing to her, but it sounded like a high school. Had they met in grade school?

This intrigued Melodee. "Your boyfriend? No, I don't mind." She tapped the fork's handle on the edge of the table before asking, "What's he like? And... What do you like about him? I mean, you have to like him in some way, otherwise, he wouldn't be your boyfriend." Stop babbling, stupid! she chastised herself. Moira might not have any feelings to hurt, but she was still a human being and deserved some respect.

Moonshine grinned and pulled out her phone and showed him a picture. "If we beat those two in the dance machine, then we win free cradit to all the games for a year. Oh and a free pizza" She chuckelled at some inside joke. "Oh and whatever you do don't mention tetris to them." She held out her hand. "Come on, hurry up or I'll leave without you and go and ask some other random person."

((I take it Melodee forgot that Moira told her High Reach was a school for young superheroes earlier?))

Melodee nodded, though still confused. High Reach meant nothing to her, but it sounded like a high school. Had they met in grade school?

This intrigued Melodee. "Your boyfriend? No, I don't mind." She tapped the fork's handle on the edge of the table before asking, "What's he like? And... What do you like about him? I mean, you have to like him in some way, otherwise, he wouldn't be your boyfriend." Stop babbling, stupid! she chastised herself. Moira might not have any feelings to hurt, but she was still a human being and deserved some respect.

"He loves me.", Moira said as if that would explain everything.

She rose, went to her bedroom and returned with a photograph that showed Moira in a white summerdress on a beach. She was framed by two young men, who had their arms around her shoulders.

The attractive young man on her left had dark blond hair, deep blue eyes, golden skin and a body that made him look like he had walked out of Baywatch. He had lifted his other hand as if he wanted to wave to the observer of the photograph and there was a smile on his lips that was eight parts charming and two parts naughty.

The other man was half turned to Moira and seemed not to care about the camera. He was tall with a lot of muscle and made Moira look like a fragile, tiny, pale doll. His hair was a wild array of strands of blue, green and tourquise in all imaginable shades. He wasn't smiling, but looked rather grim and rather possesive as he clutched her, which wasn't helped by the metal claws he wore over his fingers or the red eyes.

Like the blue eyed one his chest was bare, but instead of revealing smooth golden skin he was wearing a wealth of tatoos with a tendency to skulls, snakes and strange symbols, but with a dragon and a firedjinn thrown in.

Instead of looking like he had escaped from baywatch this one might have starred as the villain in a thriller or escaped from a nearby prison. In other words he looked as if bad news waiting to happen.

Moira pointed at him. "That is my boyfriend." She pointed to the other one on her left. "And that's Tegan. He asked his cousin Finn to take that picture of us and then gifted it to me. The three of us have been friends for years."

---

"No need to give me any ultimatums. I'll be your partner." Tegan looked at the picture a bit doubtfully. "That is if you are sure you want to have me. I've never tried that before so I am not sure if I am made of a prize winning material."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine rolled her eyes. "I said I need a partner, not a dancer." And she grabbed his hand and teleported him to the arcade. The contest was just starting so they hopped in line. The defending chamions would play, and then the contendors would. Soon enough it was their turn and Moonshine hopped up. The song was fast paced and she gazed at the beat for a few moments then closed her eyes. "Just feel the beat Tegan, and do your best." And then it began. She moved quickly, her feet not missing a single note untill the guitar solo, wherin she missed a few that were not in the beat. Her score was 'perfect' acording to the macine, and even if Tegan did a poor job they were well above the score of the previous chamions. She cheered, and grabbed the pass before pulling Tegan over to the bar and grabbing some drinks. She drunk nine big glasses of beer before she offerd the tenth to Tegan. "Wanna drink? Don't worry, I used to do this all the time after I kidnaped walt disney. I eventually soberd up."

Edited by warewolves

Tegan did his best, but he simply wasn't up to Moonshine's standarts. He wasn't bad but he was a beginner and it showed. The young man ignored the red lights when he took a wrong step and just kept dancing. If one looked confident three in four people would assume competence even if they had proof of the opposite.

Once it was over Moonshine started cheering and pulled him away. He wasn't convinced her cheering was in place thanks to his less then stellar performance, but Moonshine was too busy drinking to listen to him.

He had no idea how much she had swallowed down, but it began to scare him a little.

Tegan brushed the glass away when she offered it. He hated nothing more then loss of selfcontrol.

"Not to be a spoilsport but I am surprised you are still standing." he said, not refering to her Walt Disney reference. Considering they were speaking about a possible kidnapping he prefered not knowing.

Moonshine grinned and leaned against the table, sipping her drink almost sideways. "You think this is something." She laughed. "Ohhhh, when Vioet found out I was drinking my money away, she nearly exploded. Still, I'm not going to make a habit out of it. So where do you want to go now? Park? Home? somewhere else?" Sh finished of her thenth, and then reeled. "Whoah, there it goes!" Her emotions became more mudled as the drink began to kick in.

"Let's go to the park. If you walk that of a bit you'll probably not quite as miserable tomorrow."

Tegan gave Moonshine a thoughtful look and silently debated if he should try to take advantage of her drunkeness. Eventually he labeled it under the same file as using his powers on her. It might get him momentarily what he wanted, but in the long run it would be a problem rather than an asset.

He lead her out, put an arm around her and directed her to the starlit park.

Moonshine stumbelled as they made their way, grinning and talking about the time she 'saved this guy's ass with a pitchfork in a dream where ponies rule the world and the sun and moon were control by strange ponies with wings and horns.' "And it wasn't a dream I found out later. It was a show!!!" She laughed and then hickupped, and they passed an alleyway. Suddenly a man darted out with a knife and said "Give me all your-" Before he could even finish Moonshine had jmped into action. Her emotions turned as cold as ice, the bad ice that can freeze a person to death in seconds. She pinned the man, the knife falling into her hands as she pined him with one arm and held him here with the knife. Her voice was cold, and almost like an entirely different person. The man realised how out of depth he was. "I-I'm sorry I need the money to pay for my daugters medicine" he lied through his teeth. His heart hammerd and Moonshine gave a toothy grin that did not reach her eyes. "Oh? Well I'm afraid not only won't she get her medication but she won't be getting her father back either." The knife slid back as she prepared to murder the man when suddenly she froze, the man had closed his eyes and was crying. He opened them when he realised nothing had hapened, and found Moonshine staring at him intently. Those eyes seeme to be debating wether to kill him or not, and there was no doubt in his mind she would kill him. She dropped him to the floor and kicked him away. He jmped up and dashed away, searing off stealing and theft for a lifetime. Moonshine trecked back to Tegan, and then fell back on him, using him to keep herself upright she returned to the happy drunk she was before the man showed up, talking about a strange show with robor monkeys and this kid who had some kind of super monkey robot powers even though he wasn't a robot at all.

Edited by warewolves

((yup, she forgot...))

Melodee stared at the image Moira brought out. The man on the left captivated her attention. He took her breath away. "So, that's Tegan? He can find me a piano?" She tapped the photo looked back at Moira. "He's cute." she stated in a factual tone. "And this one's your boyfriend?" She ran her finger over the printed dragon tattoo. "He... looks strong. Are his eyes naturally red?"

Geist was roaming around town, enjoying himself in his higher-than-normal quality suit. He scanned the scenery, ready for anything, yet he couldn't decipher anything to do. Perhaps, he could spend some time in La Deva. As he drove his car, he couldn't help, but think there was something he should be doing. Anyways, he parked and walked slow towards La Deva.

((I hope this works as an opening post, I'm completely behind in story plot right now))

((Well as niether Ruins or Sailing is going to post I'm just going to carry on. I'm not going to be left out of my own RP.))

Sitting upright and gently rubbing his head Eli swore loudly in a language not many living people knew of. He wasn't quite sure what had happened in the past few minutes but by the feel of it someone had hit him with a car. Blinking to clear his vision Eli looked around him and the room slowly came into focus, shortly followed by his memory hurrying into place.

He swore again and climbed to his feet, but both Garth and the dragon had gone. Presumably the latter had done a runner and the former had given chase. Eli just hoped his old friend would be alright.

As the rest of his senses slotted back into place Eli became aware of something. There was a presence nearby, one of his creations was outside and very, very angry. Dashing towards the door he got outside just in time to see a mighty horned creature raise his weapon and prepare to strike a lone figure on the other side of the road.

"Enough!" he bellowed, fighting with everything he had to mentally command the strike from connecting. The mace stopped within inches of the cyborg's head and the monster stood as though frozen. Seconds later it began to dissolve and fall apart, blowing in the wind like a sand castle. Just a minute later and it was gone.

((I don't suppose anyone noticed there was a giant monster in the middle of town?))

Cyrus was covered in dents and scrapes, and since his battery was still drained, he couldn't move. A conventional wall plug dangled from his wrist.

==================================================================

"And I must be off as well." Talon said to Issaic. He then handed him a card and a feather. "This is the address of my most trusted appraiser, Show him the feather, and you will get a fair rating on the value of your gold." The cyboarg then left the bar. Almost as soon as he was outside, a limo pulled up, and Talon got in. The limo was soon lost from view in the traffic.

We'll see then. As for the feather... at least I have a surprise weapon if I need it for anything. Issac thought as he pocketed both the feather and the card. "Come now, we really must be off." At that, they stepped outside, wondering where to go.

Within the few minutes they were sitting outside, the twitchy feeling Leon had a few moments ago had vanished, almost like nothing had ever really happened. "Well, no need to worry Issac, seems that whatever might've been going on is done with."

Strange. Only someone really powerful could really kill off a demon... or... maybe it wasn't a demon to begin with... Issac thought to himself. Maybe it was just Garth or Eli or someone else with darker powers. Anything of a great magnitude like that would set off Leon's dark weaknesses. Even if Leon might not realize it, he really is weak to such objects. It's a wonder how he survived in Athlon without help for so long...

Eli straightened his clothes and brushed himself down as best he could. Having been knocked across the abandoned bank's floor he was covered in dust and other debris. He looked over at Cyrus and started to move towards him when bright flash of light nearly blinded him as it appeared before him.

Putting his hand over his eyes Eli half turned away. This was all he needed.

"What evil have you been up to now Ghost Boy?"

When the light had faded to a bearable level Eli looked at the newcomer. A well known and very popular hero called Lux, he had several light based powers and had held a grudge against Eli since day one.

"Hello Lux" replied Eli politely. "How are you?"

"Don't act friendly with me" spat Lux. "I'm know your tricks. There was a report of a monster in this area and when I arrive I find you. Why am I not surprised?"

"I had arrested some kind of dragon" explained Eli. "I had planned on holding them in Faulty Towers until I could contact the proper authorities. Unfortunately I was attacked and in the commotion they escaped."

"You do not have the authority to arrest anything. You are not a hero."

"No" agreed Eli. "But I am a citizen. I am allowed to make a citizen's arrest."

Lux turned away and gestured to the motionless Cyrus.

"And that? What part has that to play in this story of yours?"

"They were with the one that attacked me" said Eli stepping past Lux. "By the looks of it they have run out of power."

"How convenient" said Lux sarcasticly.

There was another flash of eye blistering light where Lux vanished and then another as he reappeared next to Cyrus.

"I will take it down to the police station and have it confirm your story. I will be coming to see you again."

"Well if you let me know ahead I'll have Caim toast some crumpets for you" said Eli as he pressed his hands against his eyes. That light really hurt.

He couldn't see what happened next, but by the sounds of it Lux had grabbed the cyborg and vanished with it in another burst of light. When Eli dared to look around a few moments later, spots dancing in his vision, he was alone in the street.

~~~

Lux teleported Cyrus and himself to the nearest police station and ordered the guards to take the cyborg to an interrogation room. One of the officers plugged him into one of the sockets and stood back, ready to see what would happen next.

Kannika stopped frowning as much when the man commented that she ‘wasn’t that defenseless after all’ but she couldn’t help but continue wondering if he was an idiot. Then again, he might not have noticed which bar he walked into. She thought and rolled her eyes as she turned away from him. If that was the case, his friends and him should try to be a bit more careful; if he’d approached any other girl in the bar, he likely would’ve gotten more than just a slap.

Apparently he’d either gotten bored, or decided getting slapped again wasn’t worth it, because he turned to Issac. Kannika somewhat listened to them, only to hear the blonde man mention that something was bugging him, like a time when he'd run into a greater demon. Kannika froze for a minute when she heard that, although she quickly calmed herself down and paid for the few drinks she had gotten while she was here. If there was a demon nearby, Kannika wanted to get as far away as possible.

Just before she exited Kannika heard someone in the bar call out about taking something after a throat had been slit. She rolled her eyes as she exited Hell’s Hangout, and started walking towards where she’d parked her car.