Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

Moonshine, as if sensing Tegan approaching, raised her head and looked in his direction. She stood up as he approached and raised an eyebrow. "Is there something you want?" She folded her arms and glanced to the prople glaring at Tegan. They knew something was up, and Moonshine felt a grin touch her lips. She was enjoying watching those fangirls glare at her. It was very...fun.

Edited by warewolves

"Oh yes." Tegan purred and there was a predatory gleam in his eyes. He took her hand and laid his other arm around her shoulders firmly. He didn't hurt her but there was a grim determination as he pulled her toward the door.

"A bit of privacy and then ... we'll discuss the gift you've given me. Well maybe not discuss..."

Moonshine raised an eyebrow, and then turned toward the fangirls and said "Oooh, now that's perfect. Keep that face right there!" She grinned, and let Tegan pull her. She didn't like it, but she swallowed her pride and unease this one time. As they were finally alone and outside she pushed herself out of Tegan's grip and said "So then, what is it you want?" She hid a grin, because she knew what it was about, but wanted to pretend for a moment longer.

Tegan quickly checked their location and - satisfied that they wouldn't be easily spied by any passerbys- turned back to Moonshine.

"What I always wanted. You."

---

"Did you have the impression that Moonshine wanted us out of the way too?" Cizzur said while they were standing in the grocery store waiting in line to be able to pay for the cake.

"You are asking me?"

"Oh right. Sorry. How is your guest doing?

"Melodee? I think she wanted to grab some pizza. Not much trouble she could run into there."

Moonshine nodded once. She opened her mouth to say something when it began to rain, and her throughts immediately haulted. She glanced to the sky, and smiled. Closing her eyes, she enjoyed the rain for a few moment before turning back to Tegan. "I like you, you know that better then anyone Tegan." She said, finally admitting it. She glanced to the road, the rain drenching her hair as she considered her words. "I have a hard time completely trusting, you also know that." Turning back to him she continued "I also don't want someone who..." She paused, trying to find the right words. "I love my life, Tegan. I love being able to go where I want, do what I want, and not have to tell anyone where I'm going." She paused, and then nodded to herself "But..." She didn't finished the sentence, and instead sent a wave of her feelings, mostly her lonliness. She sighed and said "But I don't want someone with no backbone, even if I do like him." Turning her gaze back to the sky she sighed once more. "I'm not some lovestuck teenager Tegan. But that doesn't mean I don't get confused sometimes..."

"Is that what you think of me? No backbone?" He tilted his head. "And how have I deserved that verdict? Because I don't like getting into fights?" His voice lowered. "Because I didn't enjoy the thought that you might murder that little mugger that you played with like a cat with a mouse yesterday? It's not that I felt sorry for him, Moonshine. It's just that only incompetent fools have to deal with their enemys by murder and I think you are better than that."

He stared at her his face hard without his usual smile. "Or is it because I've tried to be kind and gentle for you?"

Raindrops glistened on her skin like diamonds. Moonshine wasn't a girl made from sugar that would run from the rain. It made her sparkle instead.

"I usually take what I want, I don't ask for it." He said, his voice even lower. "But you, I knew how much you valued your freedom. I've tried to give you room. I've tried to make you come to me on your own. Maybe that was a mistake."

He captured a strand of her hair and drew her head close to his so he could wisper into her ear. "I am tired of playing this nice. I am tired of being liked. " He hissed into it, then he tilted up her face and pressed his warm lips on hers, pushing his power into her with the kiss.

Maybe she would never forgive him this. But he was sick of hiding his nature. If she couldn't accept him as he was he had been only fooling himself.

He didn't bother to use the softer version of his power, to tease and coax her into accepting him. No point in pretending he'd let her go if she wanted to. He breathed desire into her like a white-hot flame, like an unrelenting hunger fueled by the lonelyness in her heart that she had foolishly revealed to him.

Moonshine was swept away by the tide of his desire, and she had no defense against it. Her emotions faded, like a flame going out, and all that was left was desire. It was made worse by the fact that Moonshine did want him. Worse due to the fact Moonshine wanted to make him happy. She embraced him, and they kissed. The rain fell, and in those few moments Moonshine was not herself. She was simply...a doll...Her emotions gave out a small, weak cry, before vanishing.

(That's not what Moonshine meant, but too late now.)

Eli looked up at Eden Apartments and sighed. The place was crawling with people. Of course it was one of more expensive areas in the city, so it would be well guarded. As Eli watched a camera on the wall closest them swiveled round to look right at him and Caim. It was going to be near impossible to get inside without anyone knowing now that he was caught on camera. Feeling a little downhearted he raised his hand and gave the camera a little wave. To his complete surprise the camera did a little jiggle, as though it was waving back. The security personal operating it must be one of his few fans.

Feeling hopefully Eli pointed questioningly at the door to the building and looked meaningfully at the camera. For a few moments nothing happened, then it performed a small action that was undoubtably a nod.

Caim watched the entire exchange with a blank face.

"You just had a conversation with a camera."

"Shut up" said Eli cheerfully as he started to walk over to the door. "Let's see if we can get some answers."

He felt her emotions catching fire like dry cinder. Her body melted against him. Tegan wrapped his arms around her held her tight as his mouth plundered hers, taking so much more then she had offered him.

He felt her surrendering herself to him until there was almost nothing left of her and the rush of power that gave him was downright incredible.

"Moonshine." he wispered, but her eyes were empty like that of a doll and with sudden horror he realized that he could own her but only at the price of destroying her.

He kissed her again. Careful and tender this time, turning down the desire and sating what was left of it. Then with an inward sigh he reached for her anger figuring if something could counter his influence it was that. But, oh, he would pay for this.

Moonshine felt the moment his desire ended, and instead felt a rush of anger. Pushing him away for a moment she turne and threw a darrger into the nearest tree. She closed her eyes, slowly regaining control of her emotions. When she was herself again she turned and gaze at Tegan. Her emotions cycled through quickly. Betrayal, sadness, and a few others. She rubbed her eyes for a moment and said "Tegan...If you had been that honest with me at the begining...You know I can't feel YOUR emotions unless you show me them." She walked over and pulled her dagger out, and put it back in it's pouch. Opening her mouth, she answered his questions before he had kissed her like he hadn't almost turned her into a doting fangirl. "I know you have a backbone Tegan, and I know you are giving me a lot of leeway. But I'm not perfect. I'm still trying to work out how the hell my life still works!" She paused, and took another breath and was still, listening to the rain. A small smile touched her lips "That was one heck of a kiss though. Though I shouldn't be supprised, with how much you practiced."

Tegan was relieved when she threw her dagger into the tree instead of him. Or took him for some cliff diving, without bothering to catch him again.

He probably would have deserved it. He had betrayed her trust just when she had finally bended a little and he knew it. If she bothered to bring this little incident into a court he'd be in a lot of trouble. But at least in that score he was confident that he wouldn't have to worry. Moonshine was someone who dealt with her own problems.

"Tegan...If you had been that honest with me at the begining...You know I can't feel YOUR emotions unless you show me them."

Tegan looked down. The words stung, because they were true. But then honesty never came easy to him. The big majority of his life was a lie and he prefered it that way.

"I know you have a backbone Tegan, and I know you are giving me a lot of leeway. But I'm not perfect. I'm still trying to work out how the hell my life still works!" She paused, and took another breath and was still, listening to the rain. A small smile touched her lips "That was one heck of a kiss though. Though I shouldn't be supprised, with how much you practiced."

Tegan looked up and met Moonshine's gaze. "I've never kissed someone like that before." he said. "And it is probably better that way. I think.. I think I could have pushed that farther until there was no return, ever. And I think if it hadn't been you, if I had been able to stand the thought of loosing you - then I would have done it."

His tone was apologetic, but his face that tended to look more innocent then he was most of the time had taken on something downright demonic, betraying that a part of him was not sorry at all but pondering over possible uses of this part of his power.

"You might be wiser if you ran from me." Tegan said slowly. "But I wouldn't count on being able to escape me. Not even with all your teleportation power. And perfect or not you haven't ever been a coward."

Edited by Laura-Lana

When Eli and Caim got inside they tracked down the security office and knocked on the door. It opened to reveal a young man only slightly older than Eli himself and something about the way he looked and acrried himself suggested that he had not been in the job that long.

"Hello" said Eli. "I was wondering if you could help us?"

"You're here about Kain right?" asked the guard. "Because he was murdered?"

"Yes. He was found up on the top floor right? Who found him?"

"One of the other night shifters. He hadn't radioed in when he was supposed to, so they went and looked for him. I don't know much about it myself. I'm only here during the day."

"The guard who found him. Where can I find him?"

"Pete? I'm not sure. He never talks to anyone much. Kinda like Kain himself. They came here together."

"Okay...anyone else know where I can find him?"

"Um...someone at their old job maybe? They used to work for the Larksongs. Bodyguard for one of the kids, Tegan I think."

"Okay. Do you think we could take a look up stairs?"

"I'm not sure that would be a good idea. There's a lot of people up there at the moment and they might not be to happy to see you..."

Eli caught the look in the security guard's eye and understood. Most often the richer you were the more skeletons you had to hide. That made Necromancers bad news and bery unwelcome.

"Alright. Thank you for your help."

The guard bade goodbye and shut the door again. Eli turned to Caim.

"What do you think the chances are of some rich family like the Larksongs are of talking to someone like me?"

"Low."

The two of them left the building, but not before Eli took the chance to check out the location of the elevators. The building might be crowded now, but if some sneaky shadow thing could creep in at night then he could too.

"Well we have to try and talk to someone. Maybe this Tegan kid? Younger people tend to be a tadge more open minded. Sometimes. Anyway, if Pete and Kain worked for him he might now something about them."

"And if he won't talk to you?"

"Then we'll think of something else. Where do you think we should start looking for him? I'd prefer to talk away from his home. I don't want his parents rushing in and grabing their precious child away from a evil Necromancer."

"If he is rich and in his late teens, he'll most likely be at the Amigne Academy. Perhaps at that party we heard about?"

Eli nodded, but was slightly annoyed that they had to walk back all the way to a location they had just left. Once again he wished that someone whould be brave enough to teach him or Caim to drive.

"Why don't you come to the party then? Moonshine stated that all of Tegan's friends are invited and since you are one... I can give you a ride if you don't have one. I'll come and have a look after I've finished my pizza anyway. I am not much into partys but I have to give Tegan the copys of my notes. He missed this mornings lecture."

Melodee grinned and leaned in over the table. "Really? Are you sure that'd be alright? I mean, I don't want to be a bother to you." She looked over at the counter as her order was called out. "I mean, if you can that'd be great. I actually have to bring this pizza back to the dorm anyway."

She glanced at the papers and recognized a few words, but not many. She didn't let on that she couldn't understand it, though. "Looks like... interesting stuff..."

"Yeah, well the interesting question is if the people who first said all that stuff understood what they said. This is about international politics."

Miguel smiled at Melodee. "So how come you know Tegan? I guess it wasn't a shared interest in politics."

Melodee laughed. "No, it wasn't a shared interest in politics at all." She smiled as she cupped her chin in her hand and supported her arm on the table. "I'm rooming with Moira. It's temporary, but I was there just long enough to meet him." She looked back at the counter then back at the boy. "Be right back."

She got up and retrieved the pizza, paying for it with the money Moira had given her. She carried it back to the table and placed it on the far side, away from the boy's book and paper. "So, I just realized I don't know your name."

She had a very nice laughter. Soft and bright like springsunshine.

"Miguel Kattalakis - at your service, fair maiden." He held out his hand to her.

"And with whom do I have the pleasure?"

Miguel eyed her curiously. "Are you really rooming with Moira Freeze?" he sounded impressed. "That would take courage. She's.. well - strange. Very strange. "

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine turned her gaze to Tegan, and gazed at his demonic face for a few moments. Then she turned her gaze back to the rain. "Wise...For once you seem to understand me very well Tegan." She turned, and gave him a small hug before stepping back. She put her hands on his sholders and gazed at him. "Don't forget Tegan, I PUSHED you to that one. I may not have intetionally meant to, but I did. I'm not perfect, your not perfect. And I for one don't like fairytales. They get so boring." She stepped away once again, and gazed at Tegan and smiled "So you can do that with any emotion?" She turned to look back inside, "Leaves me a little speechless, can't think of a work to perfectly describe my thoughts. But it doesn't matter." She shrugged, heading back inside. "Oh," she turned and her eyes were cold for once. "Keep the present. That kiss was stolen, not given." Ther ewas a clear message Moonshine would not be so lenient next time. She turned and headed inside "I happen to know a place with missiles and other such weapons. Had to use it once in a super fight with an iron man."

She had a very nice laughter. Soft and bright like springsunshine.

"Miguel Kattalakis - at your service, fair maiden." He held out his hand to her.

"And with whom do I have the pleasure?"

Miguel eyed her curiously. "Are you really rooming with Moira Freeze?" he sounded impressed. "That would take courage. She's.. well - strange. Very strange. "

"Melodee." She replied, and shook Miguel's hand.

"Moira... She's not that bad. Just a bit queer, I guess." She tapped a packet of powdered cheese and spun it around with her fingertip. "I guess it's strange that she would actually room with someone. She actually invited me."

By the time Eli arrived back at the Academy he was exhausted and soaked through. He could understand why some Necromancers snapped and started to slaughter everything within range. To be tired, wet and on the receiving end of plenty of suspicious and unfriendly glances was bad enough in a city fairly accepting of magic. Back in the days when the nearest magic user or super was in the next country must have been nearly intolerable.

He was glad to step out of the rain, Caim close behind him and not even soggy, due to him slipping into the Spirit Realm where the rain did not fall. Eli wished he could have pulled the same trick, but it wasn't worth the risk merely to escape he weather.

"So where is this party being held then?" he asked Caim as he tried to brush his damp hair out of his eyes and into less of a hedgehog position. "And how are we going to find this Tegan kid without half the students going 'Argh! Necromancer!'."

"I do not know" said Caim watching a couple of giggling girls run down the end of the corridor. "But if you can give me a few moments I will be able to find out."

Before Eli could ask what the plan was Caim vanished through the wall. He just hoped he wouldn't try grabbing the poor kid and dragging him back. That kind of thing upset people.

((Me: Stepping into the room and causing a mild panic would actually be a good way to find Tegan. He's an empath after all and would come to find out what was going on. Sending in Caim whose emotions he can't feel - you are right, being dragged away by him would upset him))

Moonshines willingness to forgive him was what made Tegan a bit speechless.

"Never had much use for faerietales myself." He managed to say eventually.

He absentmindely touched the card and grinned, pleased both with the fact that he could keep the present and her threat. He could live with her threatening him. Just not with her ignoring him.

The two of them walked back to the party and Tegan tried to answer Moonshine's other question.

"The effect has probably to do with the kind of emotion. And maybe with the people involved. I've tried it with pain once when that group of thugs attacked me. The problem is that people fight against pain instinctively, so while I can make someone wish they had never been born, I don't think I could shatter their self. Well, if I had time and leisture I could probably drive them crazy - torture does that - but it would be unpleasant for me to say the least and in the midst of a fight it's best use is a distraction anyway. And of course it wouldn't have worked at all if Cizzur hadn't been there to do the actual fighting."

He looked down and thought about his birth mother, who had killed herself by jumping from a bridge. He wasn't sure he had caused it - he hadn't been aware that he had been an empath himself then, but it was possible that he had drowned her in guilt. Tegan had wanted her feel guilty for abandoning him. No one knew he had met her on the brigde that night so no one else even raised the question, but sometimes it haunted him.

---

They were almost back to the hall, when a young, painfully thin man with white hair approached them. If his eyes had been red, he would have looked like a posterchild albino, but apparently nature had decided that would have been too much colour and gave him pale grey ones instead.

Cizzur would have liked to say he didn't know him, but unfortunately he knew him all to well.

"Hello Thomas"

"Hi Tommy."

"Where the hell is Tegan?" Tommy said casting an unfriendly look into the direction of Cizzur.

"And why the hell is that your buisness?"

After he had failed to befriend Tegan Tommy had tried to bring Cizzur on his side for a while, but Cizzur knew exactly where he stood in such a conflict. Firmly on the side of Tegan. In his opinion Moira's family was barely a step up from his own.

Tommy had long since given up trying to be friendly to him, but with Moira watching he didn't dare being as nasty as he would have liked.

"Did you know he made her take in a houseguest?" Tommy held up his cell to show the message Moira had typed yesterday.

"That was my own idea." Moira said.

Tommy stared at her as if she had suddenly sprouted a second head. Clearly the idea that she could have done something of her own was utterly alien to him.

"I wanted to be normal." Moira explained.

"Inviting strangers to stay with you is not normal.", Tommy hissed.

"People invite guests all the time. I think it was a great idea, Moira. Melodee seems like a nice person." Cizzur said, conveniently forgetting that he hadn't been all too happy about Melodee's presence yesterday.

Tommy stared at him silently, hatred in his eyes. He knew perfectly well he had no chance to talk Moira in sending Melodee away if Cizzur approved of her presence.

"If you will excuse us now." Cizzur said, enjoying the situation "We are on our way to a party. And you are not invited."

Moonshine nodded and mused silently. She turned and half-gazed at Tegan. "IT could also be used for signaling in stealth operations." She smirked and pointed a finger at a group of fangirls, "Tegan, tell the forces to attack!!" She grinned as for a moment they looked at her with confusion. They angrilly trawled away and Moonshine sighed "Nothing makes my day like messing with a group of idiots..." She glanced to the table she had been sitting at and frowned in irritation, someone was sitting there. She sighed and glanced around for another table, there was none. "Tegan, would you mind clearing us a table? Otherwise I might have to drop someone off a cliff."

(:3 Moonshine is so much fun.)

"Give me a minute." Tegan looked around the room and then deliberatly walked to a nice table near the dancefloor.

"Hello Jens. Erika, what a pleasure to see you again."

He pulled a chair from a nearby table, sat down and beamed at the girl. Erika had been another of his ex-loves. When he had become bored with her he had used his empathy to silently manipulate her to fall in love with Jens instead. It had worked, but Jens, who wasn't aware of that, had never stopped considering him a threat when Erika was around.

Jens smile was downright forced.

"Nice to see you Tegan. If you would excuse us, this is our song. We really need to dance."

He pulled Erika to her feet hastily before she could complain.

"No problem." Tegan said to his back, grinning like an imp. He waved to Moonshine to let her know he had accomplished his mission.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine was there in an instant, literally. She too a seat and sighed, "I know what your doing Tegan, and the anwser is no." She closed her eyes and sat there, drying off silently for a few moments. "Where is that cake" she spoke, opening her eyes and sitting up a bit and glancing to the door, she frowned, wondering where her money had escaped to.

"Your cake?"

---

Tommy followed them to the door but Cizzur ignored him. He slipped into the room and found Tegan and Moonshine sitting on a table near the dancefloor.

Most of the other students gave him a wide bearth when they saw him and Moira approaching, except for one red haired girl who was too busy watching Tegan and Moonshine to notice their presence.

Cizzur pushed her brutally out of the way and with a little cry she fell on the dancefloor.

Tegan looked up and rolled his eyes exasperated when he saw that Cizzur was causing trouble again. Concentrating on the girl for a moment he got no real pain. Her pride had taken the greatest damage.

His friend ignored him and handed Moonshine the cakes instead as well as the change money.

"I guess that was the cake you meant?"Tegan muttered.

It was a bit of a conundrum for him that Cizzur was so reliable when someone entrusted money to him yet had thought nothing wrong with bullying kids out of their poketmoney when they had met.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine grinned, and opened it and gave herself and Tegan a slice on the plates on the table before putting it on the snack table. She walked over and said "Thanks Cizzur, have a seat if you want." She was about to sit back down when the hairs on her back stood up and she turned, her eyes falling on the red haired girl. She gave her a once over, and saw no weapons so she seemed to relax and hop back into her chair. She was now on high alert, whoever this person was wouldn't sneak up on her.