Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

Moonshine stepped into the room, and closed the door behind her. She took a seat and waited for Tegan to finish. She growled, "Man, every second this gets harder and harder." She pulled out her phone and dialed the number again. "Just how much longer, please tell me you have results." "We're almost done, an hour tops!" "An hour...Got it..." She closed the phone and paused as two cars parked outside. Tegan was still in the shower so she approached one, that drove off soon after. The other she talked to more thuroughtly and then grinned. The two in the second car nodded, and turned the car off. Moonshine teleported back in the house, and waited for Tegan to finish. She looked toward the bathroom door, in a slight daze as she thought over some things.

Edited by warewolves

"Okay Moonshine." Tegan came back into his sitting room, dressed a lot more casual than yesterday, though someone in the know would realize that everything from the jeans to the leather jacket was every bit as expensive as the other outfit.

He grabbed an apple from the counter intending to eat it on the way. It was not the most substantial breakfirst but he would make do. Tegan faced the woman who still held his heart hostage.

"Ready to go, Mystery Girl."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine paused and sighed. "You didn't eat the pancakes I left on the counter?" She shook her head and said "That doesn't matter, too late now." She clsed her eyes and took a few breaths, calming down. "Okay Tegan. I will explain everything once we pick Cizzur up. I would rather only have to explain things once." She paused again. "So, you ready?" She looked him up and down, and then turned towards the door. She briskly walked out before Tegan would see her face. "Lets go then, no sence wasting what time we have."

"You are welcome." Moira said and smiled. Tegan said her smiles looked almost genuine these days. One had to be close to see that it didn't reach her eyes. But Melody was close. Then again the phrase alone would have felt inadequate.

Melodee took the key and waved again as she left the dorm. Moira's smile was not real, but at least she was trying.

She walked out of the campus and into the open road. On the streets again... She reached into her pocket and pulled out the money Moira had given her for food. The pizza shop would be her first stop. She wondered if Tegan had gotten Moira's SMS. It had been sent last night. Her second errand would be to find Tegan. Hopefully she wouldn't run into that giant diamond monster again.

Moonshine paused and sighed. "You didn't eat the pancakes I left on the counter?" She shook her head and said "That doesn't matter, too late now."

Oh, some of the pancakes had been for him? She hadn't bothered to tell him that. By word or deed. There had been only one plate on the table. Hers.

In fact, he could have sworn she had had decided to completly ignore his presence given how she had not answered when he had tried to talk to her. In fact after she had finished her computer game she had acted as if she had forgotten his presence, not granting him so much as a look, until he, having decided he had been humilated enough for today had simply left with barely a good bye in her direction. And a few minutes later she had shown up asking his help as if she hadn't just treated him like the dirt on her shoes. And he had swallowed his pride once more, even though she wasn't even telling him what was going on. And something was off with her request. It had aten at him but he had ignored it.

But her words reminded him of this morning. Such a small thing, but he had had no sleep, no food and Moonshine had been constantly eating away at his patience.

((Since I am beginning to suspect you might not have written that post deliberately that way - I am refering to that post where Tegan asks if he should order breakfirst for them and you then describe a lot of things Moonshine does without ever mentioning Tegan, ending with the words that she suddenly remembers Tegan and asks if she should give him a lift home. Like I have stated in my next post it took me a very, very long time to figure out how to react to that. Among other things I decided he wouldn't have hung around and watched her eat pancaces while she treats him like air and even forgets he's there, which was why I've changed the scenario by letting him leave while she's still eating. ))

She clsed her eyes and took a few breaths, calming down. "Okay Tegan. I will explain everything once we pick Cizzur up. I would rather only have to explain things once." She paused again. "So, you ready?" She looked him up and down, and then turned towards the door. She briskly walked out before Tegan would see her face. "Lets go then, no sence wasting what time we have."

The way she avoided looking at him, the way her emotions seemed to be off. Aided by his anger he finally reacognized what his intuition had been trying to tell him. Those vibes were similar to those she had given of yesterday when he had tried to eat in the restaurant with her.

"You are trying to mess with my head again aren't you?" he said, rage in his eyes. He followed quickly, his hands reaching for her shoulders.

---

Moira closed the door behind her and walked to her lecture.

Edited by Laura-Lana

(She was slightly ignoring him, but she hadn't slept a wink. Also there was TWO plates, not one.)

Moonshine turned and looked at him, more then a little strained. "Please Tegan, I know I'm a b**** and this is probably fustrating you to no end. Just bear with it for one, two hours and I promise it will be worth it." She turned back around and shook her head. "So...lets get this over with." She paused long enough to settle her emotions, slightly, and headed down to the car. She frowned as she remembered. "Ah..." She turned to Tegan and gestured to the back. "Your chariot awaits." She chuckelled, motioning to the middle seat. Yes, a little immature even by Moonshine standards. As soon as they were ready and seated, she glanced to Tegan and said "Where to?" The man drove off, at a normal pace, heading for the directions. As soon as they parked Moonshine headed out and pulled Cizzur away a bit and said "I won't explain it much, but we have to keep Tegan busy for at least an hour. We have to keep him away from the university" She spoke low into his ear, so there was no chance of Tegan hearing. Satisfied, she motioned to the other door and sat back down in her own and closed the door. It was cramped and stuffy, so she undid the window a few inches and then spoke. "Okay, so here is the deal. I owe these two a favor. And the price of this favor is pushing it even in my books." She turned to them and said "What was it again?" The driver turned and said "We need to get rid of this guy following us. We're in a diferen't car, wearing differen't disguises and a differen't number. Hopefully we'll fly under the radar." The man pulled out of the driveway, and they were off. She continued speaking. "Basically they want to take us around town to see if they can get what they need unnoticed. And they said they have another use." "Yeah" Said the other guy, "One of our men has been captured. Now he did nothing wrong, but we need to get him out and our powers are...lacking in that department. We can't get in the stealthy way, nor the brute force way." Moonshine sighed, "So that's where you two come in. I can get us in there, hopefully, but I nee you two to help me get the guy out. I'll go in first so as to see if I can teleport without hitting a wall." She glanced to them and looked down. "Sorry about this...And Tegan? I know it's cramped in here but if you touch my chest again I will kill you."

(:3)

Edited by warewolves

It took a while for anyone to answer the door after Issaic knocked. Eventually, there was a click as the lock turned, followed by the rattle of a chain, and the door opened an inch wide. From within the dark apartment, a bloodshot eye glared out at the group, and a gruff voice growled, "Whoever you are, go away. I'm not interested in buying. I don't want to donate. I won't take a survey. I won't join your club. I don't care that there are children starving to death in Africa, so GODBYE!"

The door slammed, the lock clicked, and everything was quiet. However almost immediately the door opened again, and the voice asked, "Do I smell gold?"

=============================================================================

Talon continued to monitor the city from his inner scantom. He had the feeling that now that this wasp's nest had been kicked, someone was about to raid the honey.

It was a long time before the police finally decided to let Eli go. They had asked a lot of provoking questions and had dropped nasty hints about his past, but the Necromancer had managed to keep his cool throughout. Not having any real evidence against him they had little choice to to let him go in the end. They only things they had were the shadowy qualities of the suspected killer and that Lux and Eli were known to have a bad relationship. The confrontation the day before hadn't helped much either.

At the moment he was sitting on the front steps of the police department watching people go past. Now and again someone would glace in his direction but on the whole he was ignored.

Eli checked his watch and wondered how much longer Caim was going to be. Assaulting a policeman was a serious charge, but what could they do with him? Eli knew the arresting officer was already regretting his decision to bring him in. Caim only behaved himself when his master was about, and now he was being held in a room on his own. Nobody wanted to be the one who interviewed him.

((Anyone who wants to come across Eli for a chat is welcome smile.gif)

"E-Excuse me sir?" Fikel spoke to the man sitting on the step. He was unsure if he should ask him, but it didn't matter in the long run. He had been heading here anyway, heading back from the university after a short lecture and had decided to pass by the police. Maybe he could find out if he...If he had killed again the other night. Or was it last night. Shaking his head he reached back with his hand and rested it on the back. Removing it from his head a moment later, he decide to continue. "Uh, well you were just in the police station right?" He paused, glancing down at the bubble gum and trash littered pavement before glancing back up. It was rude not to look at people when talking to thim. Maybe this guy could save him some trouble. Hopefully, no definitely for sure. More sure of himself he smiled and said "There wasn't any murders the last few nights the police were talking about was there?" He paused, knowing the answer would be no. He waited, more calm then when he had started. There was no chance, no way there had been a murder

(Edit: That's twice today I've put [ instead of p 0_o )

Edited by warewolves

Eli looked up at the man who had approached him. His gaze was suspicious, but not unfriendly.

"This is New Mansburg" he pointed out. "People get murdered every day. Is there a particular one you are interested in?"

((Fail post =D))

(xd.png My fault for feeling like messing with Fikel)

Fikel rolled his eyes. "Yeah I know that. I meant any super murders or large amount of police force deaths. I mean, the chances of them being talked about are more likely right? How many supers can be killed by anyone other then a super right?" He paused and then forwned. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude there. It's just, if supers can be killed, then there's no hope for the normal no-powered humans is there?" He laughed meekly, and then fell quiet. Looking to the sky he sighed at the grey landscape. "Everyday, the weather never seems to change." Turning back to the man, Fikel smiled and said "There wasn't any super deaths were there?"

Edited by warewolves

Issac nodded. "Yes, that's gold you smell..." He then pulled out Talon's feather. "I was told you'd be the one to talk to about assessing the amount that I have..." Issac then pulled out one of his sacks of gold, of which he had 5. Each one weighed about 2 Troy pounds. "May I come in? Or do I have to go elsewhere and tell someone you failed to do your job?" He indicated to the feather.

As Leon woke up, he noticed a distinct lack of weight on him. His gold pouches had gone, as did Issac.

"He couldn't have waited for us?" Leon sighed. "Not exactly the most patient of people is he..."

Edited by DragonlordJT

"There's been quite a few" replied Eli. "Five in the last month. They've been on the news and in the papers for some time now."

Eli stood up, his position on the stairs making him a head taller than the strange man. There was something odd about this guy. Was he just harmlessly curious, or was there something else here? Eli knew quite a few serial killers got kicks by toying with the police and media. His own father had been one of them. Of course, there was always the chance hat he was just some journalist fishing for details about the death of Lux.

"If there is something you need to know, why don't you go inside and talk to one of the officers? Surely you'd get more information that way than from some random stranger?"

Fikel's eyes widened and for a second there was utter horror on his face. He suddenly turned and his hand headed to the wall to hold his weight. "N-No....I-I'm fine...T-Thanks for the help." He stood here, swaying for a few moments, before standing and turned around. His face was in a strained smile and there was sweat beading down it. "Thank you again." He turned and began walking away. His hand covered his face as he held himself from freaking out. As he walked, turning the corner he felt his sweat beading across his face again. He leaned against the wall and took a shuddering breath, horror finally giving out. His heart thudded with deep fear and horror. "F-Five...I didn't, no it couldn't have...But then...And what about the other...no, no, no. There is no way Fikel. You are a hardworking student. You just....Need to calm down. Yes that's it, you should have never come here in the first place." Standing up he took a few breaths and turned to look in the direction of his home. "Yes...I think I will just go home and watch a movie or something."

Edited by warewolves

((Short conversation was short T-T))

Eli watched the man go now higly suspicious. He slowly sat back down and resumed his seat on the stairs when the man was out of sight. Eli had no idea what the man was up to, but he couldn't do anything about it right now. If he wandered off and Caim came out to find him when he wasn't there, all hell would break lose. Literally.

A policewoman came out through the doors behind him and approached him.

"You okay?" she asked, being one of the few in the station that actually liked and respected the Necromancer. "Who was that? I was watching you from the desk."

"I don't know" admitted Eli. "He was asking about the recent murders. He seemed very highly strung."

The policewoman hmmd to herself and looked in the direction that the man had taken.

"I know how he feels. Lux was one of the city's best heroes. Half the villians in New Mansburg were scared of him. There is going to be a lot more trouble now he is gone."

Eli turned around a little to look up at her.

"What can you tell me about these murders? All I could get from that lot in there is that it was some kind of solid shadow."

"That's pretty much all we have. The witnesses we have aren't too reliable. The first one is a woman in her eighties. I dont think she's all there the poor thing. The others were a drunk tramp and some kids."

Another policeman opened the door and called her in, citing problems with a file. She said goodby to Eli and stepped back inside. Eli turned away again and continued his wait. If the police couldn't find much, then maybe he had better do some investigating of his own.

Isis woke up in a bit of a stir, she was used to sleeping outside, but that was usually in a forest or something. Being right out in the sun was a different feeling for the morning.

"Well Leon... since I notice Issac went off as usual..." Isis got up and started walking away fromt he park. "Let's go exploring."

"Seriously? You're crazy, we don't ahve a map." Leon complained.

"So? I have the best internal compass you can find, I'm used to navigating new areas, remember?" Isis stuck her tongue out at him, she loved annoying Leon, his reactions were always on a more positive note than Issac's. "Besides, what if we find something worthwhile? We can brag in front of Issac, which I know you love to do."

Leon silently agreed with her. It was definitely better than sitting around in the park and Isis was extremely good at finding her way around places by memorizing landmarks. It seemed to run in the Zoarik family, though Issac was definitely better at it with his metal senses.

Isis lead the way. She turned here and there, when they spotted the boy who'd helped Issac out of the mess last night, they decided to get closer.

As they got closer, the hairs on the back of Leon's neck were tingling again. Something about this kid was bothering him even more the closer he got to him.

"Hey Isis, you sure about this? Something is feeling... weird about him..."

Isis ignored Leon, she knew he was sensitive to some things, but this boy clearly was a good person, especially with the way he helped out Issac.

"Hey you there!" She yelled out. "You're the one who helped out my brother last night!" She then ran up next to him.

"Huh?"

Eli snapped out of his thoughts as yet another person approached him. It was a girl this time and she seemed very pleased to see him, although he did not recognise her. He stood up and brushed himself down a little, the steps being slighty dirty with people traipsing up and down them frequently.

"I'm afraid you have me at a disadvatage Miss" he said to her politely. "Whom might your brother be?"

"Well, you WERE the one who stopped that crystal dragon last night from killing my brother, weren't you?" She then paused. "Oh.. right yeah. His name is Issac, Issac Zoarik. I'm Isis, his long lost sister. You probably won't recognize me because I was in a helicopter. I prefer keeping my distance, for good reason too. Unlike my brother and this idiot..." She motioned to Leon, who'd jsut caught up.

"I'm not an idiot, just because I prefer fighting them at close hand..." Leon paused. "And..." He paused as he looked at this new person. It wasn't this boy that was driving his sense crazy, it was something inside the police station. "Anyways, you're that guy who helped last night, aren't you?"

Eli was a little taken back by the mention of Issac's name. He had not seen him since he graduated from Fell Haven a few years ago. He had sometimes wondered what had become of him.

"From the dragon? That was Issac? I did not recognise him I admit. How is he?"

He looked around in case Issac was approaching too. The expression on his face indicated that he was looking foward to seeing another old friend again.

"No clue, I guess he took our gold to get it assessed for trade at a bank..." Isis commented. "Are you an old friend of his?"

Leon rolled his eyes. "Obviously since he mentioned not recognizing him right away..." Leon paused. "He's been well. Better than his Fell Haven days from what Elisedd explained to me in the few times I met him. He had some serious issues I guess... Well, that's from what I've heard. I wouldn't actually know, I only know the Issac that's obsessed with turning in criminals to any law enforcement he can... and get money from it... Sometimes he's a bit of a vigilante with it though. He'll do a lot of... unconventional and somewhat illegal things to catch one that's bad enough..."

Edited by DragonlordJT

"So he's a bounty hunter? I dare say he'll do well around here. There are a lot of criminals at large at the moment and with the events of the past month there will probably be some more."

He didn't want to ask about Issac's 'unconvential and illegal' methods of bring in his quarry. He already had a good idea of what his old school friend was capable of due to his father's vendetta against Fell Haven. There was little point to prying any further.

He briefly wondered if Issac had told either of these two about his connection to one of the most feared villians on the planet but decided not to worry. He had learned to trust Issac during their time together and friends or relations of his must surely be as understanding.

He turned to Isis and extended his hand.

"You're Issac's sister you said? I'm pleased to meet you."

"Yep. I'm his sister, I was amazed he was still alive after... god... years of thinking he was dead like his older brother..." She paused. "Actually we aren't even from here, not even remotely." She then took Eli's hand and shook it. "And you are?"

"My name is Eli" he said shaking her hand. "I take it from the way you say that, by 'here' you don't just mean New Mansburg?"

Once his hand was free he offered it to her friend.

"And you are?"

Isis nodded. "Basically."

Leon took Eli's hand. "I'm Leon Salamance, a friend of Issac's." Leon paused. "I help him a lot with his bounties and some other bits and peices here and there... while we don't always agree on how to go about it, it still gets done somehow." Leon grinned.

Edited by DragonlordJT

"Pleased to meet you too" he said when Leon told him his name.

When he explained his work conflictions with Issac Eli smiled.

"I suppose that is the important thing. I know there were those who had similar issues with Issac back at school, but we all pulled together in the end."

We had to he added mentally. None of us would be here now otherwise.

He unwittingly recalled the time when he last spoke to his father. It had not been a pleasant conversation. If it hadn't been for his friends Eli knew his life would have turned out very different.