Fortune86

Fell Haven 2

Fikel, in question, was at his home after a long day of studying. He yawned tiredly as he switched on the TV for a few moments, watching the static as he thought of his duties for tomorrow. He didn’t have much time for much more then studying, but if he went out for a while he might be able to find something nice and quiet to do. He stood up, grabbing his bags and heading downstairs. He stood outside and gazed around, before pulling out a map of the city and gazing at it. He needed to train at the gym, but he also wanted to feed the ducks for a while. Folding it up he traced a line to the nearest store and then to the park.

“Alright, after that I’ll go to the gym.”

(Profiles have images don't they?)

Eli took a moment to cpompose himself. Close calls in the spirit realm always unnerved him. People might think it was all fun and games as a Necromancer, but it carried its fair share of dangers. Just because something wasn't alive didn't make it any more friendly.

Pulling out his notebook Eli quickly jotted down Fikel's address. He didn't want to forget it or get details confused. As his rotten luck would have it, Fikel lived a fair distance away, so it was going to be a long walk.

((Where do you want Eli to find him? At home, the gym or the park?))

Edited by Fortune86

(Well I left him outside his home so you could 'run into' him, but I can move him to the park if ya like.)

((I wasn't sure if I could have Eli realistically reach him before he decided to move. He does have Moonshine's teleporting after all xd.png

Whereever you want is fine with me.))

(Lets just make things easy)

fikel sat down by the pond, enjoying the sunlight as he fed the ducks. He chuckled as they bickered over who got the next piece. Finishing the bread he puled out a book and began to read. It was nice and peacefull, he might as well get some study in. He couldn't fall too far behind after all.

Caim walked back out through Fikel's front door and shook his head.

"He's not in there."

Eli sighed and turned away. He should have copied down the guy's phone number and perhaps called ahead. Perhaps he was down at the police station? Either way, there wasn't much point in hagning around here.

"Okay then, let's go."

Together the two of them set off down the street, drawing several curious looks as they passed. This was a very different area to where he lived and eventually Eli got fed up with being gawped at.

"Let's cut through the park" he told Caim.

Caim nodded and followed his master into the nearby park. He didn't care much for nature, except that which was needed to keep people alive. He knew Eli loved birds though, which was why he tried to serve him chicken, turkey, duck and pheasant whenever possible. One day it would be pidgeon too, as soon as he caught the little bugger that kept crapping on the washing.

Caim was pulled out of his thoughts when Eli stopped dead ahead of him.

"I don't believe it" he said pointing over at Fikel, who was feeding the ducks about eight metres away.

Fikel closed his book and glanced to the ducks, before putting it away and standing up. He glanced at them swimming for a moment, enjoying the silence for a few more moments. He then glanced down at his watch and frowned. He'd missed his chance for the gym. He would have to excercise inside his home later. Turning toward the direction of his home he noticed two people looking at him. They looke familiar. He decided it would be best to take the long route, so he turned around and began walking in the opposite direction.

"Hey wait!" called out Eli, walking after Fikel. "I need to talk to you!"

Caim rolled his eyes and followed. He had a bad feeling about this.

Fikel paused, and stopped walkng. Looks like he would have to talk with these people. Hopefully they didn't talk about the recent murders. He turned and smiled plesently.

"Ah, yes? Is there something you want?"

Eli and Caim drew close to the guy, but not enough to make him uncomfortable. Suddenly Eli was hit by a problem. Did this guy know Lutima was dead?

"Um...you are a relative of Tsunikama Lutima?" he queried.

Fikel paused, glad it wasn't about murders. He paused for a moment, where had he hear that name before? "Tsunikama..." he mused for a moment before he blinked. "Ah, I think he might be my younger brother. We've never gotten along, and I left long before he did. So what do you want to know about him for?"

Eli was a little taken back by how long it seemed to take Fikel to recognise his own brother's name. Obviously this was not a case of happy families, and Fikel must not know about his death.

"Okay..I think we better sit down before we go any further here."

Fikel frowned, why would he need to sit?

"I would prefer to stand actually" he replied. It was nothing against these two, but he didn;t like the way they were looking at him. It was as if he was being interrogated. And he didn't like it one bit.

"You're brother is dead" said Caim cutting to the chase. "We want to know if you have any idea why?"

Eli spun around and glared at him, but the undead servant merely shrugged.

"He said he'd rather stand. How much can we drag this out?"

Fikel blinked, "he's dead?" He glanced away for a moment, shocked he was dead. He wondered why the family hadn't even notified him, but discarded it for the moment.

He turned back towards them "so why are you telling me this?" He was frowning now, why come all this way to bring him news of his half brothers death?

"Because we are trying to find the person who did it" said Eli gently. "We believe he was murdered as part of a serial killer's spree. We were hoping that you could help us shed some light on why someone may want him dead."

"Though if you haven't spoken to him in years, you may be of little use to us."

"Shut up Caim."

Fikel winced when the words serial and killer were mentioned but covered it up with a smile.

"I'm sorry, Like your friend said I won't be much help. Not I have to go, I'm late for an apointment. Goodbye" he quickly turned and walked away. Hopefully they wouldn't ask him any more questions, he didn't want to answer questions he couldn't answer. As long as they didn't see his reords, he should be fine. As long as they don't kno how many times he has been in jail.

(Nighty night)

Edited by warewolves

"Well that was a bust" said Eli watching Fikel walk away. "So we are back to square one. No fresh clues or leads whatsoever."

He found his thoughts turning back to what Caim had said about meeting Kaya. She didn't normally shop there, did she? She preferred to stay as close to Abel as possible. Why was she there? Could she have possibly been waiting for Caim to show up? But why? Abel couldn't pass on any information he might have and Eli would never even consider asking him.

"I think there is something I am supposed to realise here" he said mostly to himself.

((Lol, guess who's lurking? Oh wait... this post defeats that purpose... Anyways, HIII!!!! Sorry I randomly disappeared way abck when. Life stuff took over... seriously. It became quite... heavy. It still somewhat is, but anyways... I'm thinking soon I'll re-join, if there are any slots open. This time with new characters though. One of which will be quite an interesting one to work with...

Anyways, now to catch up one what has happened... *lurking mode activated*))

((I've been lurking as well. Watching. Waiting. o.o But, I'm leaving for camp tomorrow, so I'm hoping nothing big happens while I'm gone. ^^))

JT unlocked the front door to his house after a long trip. Behind him stood two newcomers to the city. One was a rather unkempt man in a white lab coat hunched over and walking on all fours. The other was a green Cyborg, complete with artificial skin, eyes, and even with a long brown ponytail that flowed in the wind. He looked almost completely human, except for the lack of pigment in his skin due to the lack of blood in it.

"It's been a while Ryan. I take it this is your latest and greatest? I heard about him in one of your most recent emails. I was expecting a bit more to be honest." JT said over his shoulder.

"Laugh all you like at his appearance, he has more power running through him than this entire city." Ryan grinned. "I'm surprised his body can even handle it sometimes."

JT turned again to look at the Cyborg with his scanner over his eye. The energy field of the thing was engulfing all of them. If his new security system was to go into effect soon, there would be no way this thing would hide. The energy levels on it were huge, the scary part was that Ryan could make something so powerful with such ease. "Well, either way. I'm going to be giving you some equipment of mine so you can upgrade that scanner of his. I want him to be able to see, read, and record energy levels for us."

"Of course. We can upgrade his scanner once we're in your lab."

"I might also have him link up to my database so he can have a basic knowledge of energy levels and their different types and signals. That way if he runs into someone with a certain energy level, he can understand what they're capable of. Especially since you said you were going to offer his services to the police." JT paused. "I might also make use of Psi at the gym. He could do well for testing a certain friend of mine... and Psi too of course." JT then looked in the distance at Yamaha tower. Psi should be an interesting show for that company too. They'll wonder if I made him, too bad they won't understand that I don't have that much capability. Even I have my limits.. As JT walked in he let Psi and Ryan go by. He watched Ryan go past carefully. But he doesn't seem to have limits. It's amazing how much he can come up with, and at the same age as I... JT then closed the door and locked it. They went down into the basement. He opened up a panel on one of the walls and did a DNA and palm scan. He also put his eye up to a retina scanner. A door to an elevator opened up next to it.

"Is security an issue my friend?" Ryan raised an eyebrow.

"There are some people who would die to find out what I've been working on, old friend. Especially those who prefer hiding."

Meanwhile, off in the distance, outside of the city boundaries, a dragon approached the gates leading inside of the city. His eyes narrowed as he felt a familiar soul present... Ryan. "He's here..." The dragon flew in. Not able to really pin point Ryan's location because of how long ago it had been seen their souls had touched, he decided to meander in the remote region of Ryan's location, which was in the area with a sign saying "Inner-Circle Estates." He avoided just walking in the middle of the street, staying out of sight while he explored the outskirts of the area.

JT noticed on his scanner there seemed to be a glitch of some sort. A power source was nearby, but it was flickering as if it wasn't really there. "Great, looks like I'll have to fix this damned thing." As he finished his sentence, the eyepiece entirely shut off. He pulled it off quickly, somewhat enraged. "Great... looks like another project that I'll have to work on..."

Psi looked at the monocular piece JT had just pulled off. "It seems to have shorted out, probably because of overload." The cyborg stated, speaking for the first time since it's arrival. "I hypothesize that it may not have been able to keep up with all of the energy signals and levels coming from this." The android pointed at his power source on his helmet. "I do apologize, but it looks like you may have to upgrade your equipment."

JT looked at the Cyborg with interest. His jaw structure and vocal abilities were, to put it simply, natural. "You've really outdone yourself this time Ryan." The Cyborg didn't even have Ryan's voice, it was different.

"Would you believe that I didn't even originally intend for him to speak?" Ryan grinned. "He learned it on his own. After all, I did base his design almost entirely off of a normal human. I even filtered out my genetic abnormalities while creating his skin and hair, making him as close to human as possible, relatively speaking of course. He even has mechanical lungs to simulate breathing, including vocal cords. He eventually learned how to use them to make noises, and eventually, form words by articulating his mouth and tongue along with it. He truly is a phenomenon. Of course, originally the lungs had an automatic function. I think eventually he must've hacked it or modified it somehow so he could gain administrative rights to it. It's almost like he took the original data and over-writ it. If you think about it, it isn't much different from ourselves when we're young children."

Edited by DragonlordJT

((*peeks in* Am I still welcome to post or have I annoyed you too much with my absenses?))