TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

I hear you. I'm just going to give up. I can't even see the egg let alone click. Supposed to be an anticipation but this is turning out to be a disappointment.

Agreed. Always miss halloween drops, but this is annoying and unfair. There is no way I can manage to snag an egg in a 30 seconds drop, and people are asking ludicrous things for them in the trading posts I can't not even dream to trade.

Yay! Caught mine in no time. I picked the biome with the fewest people, then just held my mouse pointer over the egg on the right and madly click-refreshed. Don't bother waiting to see if you got the egg, just hit the F5 key immediately after you click. Click-refresh-click-refresh-click-refresh as fast as you can (and as fast as the site will load, of course!). When the drop is over then you can check to see if you got any eggs. This is how I get my holiday eggs every time, at least. Maybe this method will work for others too.

The eggs are beautiful! I hope it is going to be a ghostlike dragon; that would be fun. Can't wait to see TJ's hatchlings!

Now I'm off to see if I can zombify some hatchlings. *crosses fingers*

What I do is use the mouse scroll wheel to click, as it opens the egg in a new tab (in FF). My other hand is using the f5 key to refresh.

When the eggs come I just do lots of clicks and refreshes at the same time, very fast, until the eggs stop coming. Then I go through the tons of open tabs to see what I got biggrin.gif

I now have a new (fast) laptop, but this method also worked great when I had a 10 yr old 650Mhz p3 laptop.

I still use this method, even though I have super-fast internet. xd.png

I got 6 out of 3 hourly drops, every drop gave me 2 eggs. I like this ratio, thats enough for this year, now they only need to hatch^^

I managed to get one egg from a 5-minute drop, but as for the hourly...fuggedaboutit. I've never seen such lag before! Is it the multiple biomes that are slowing things down?

I do wish I could get more than one, but I am VERY happy that I managed to get any at all! I'll hope that things will be better late today, after most people have gotten themselves scroll-locked. wink.gif

That's the way I've been egg-snagging for ever but it's not helping today. There wasn't even a DROP at 11. Where's that cocoa??

I have a super-fast connection and even I only managed to snag one out of the last drop. These drops are just way too short.

Either that, or this is just peak time. I stayed up for the midnight release, and it took me half an hour, but I got 2 eggs -- one in the first drop, none in the second and third, and then one in the fourth. The cave had about 70 people in each biome... so it seemed to work well enough with those numbers. I have a decent connection, and was clicking like a maniac (WITHOUT knowing about disabling java and hitting f5 and all that good stuff; I was looping back through the pages), and managed those two.

So. It really stinks for people hunting right now that it's so crowded, but I don't know if the issue is the amount of time the drops last (which, really, is more a matter of eggs-per-drop) or just high demand. I do really feel for those of you with slow connections; not sure what the best solution to that would be. There are a ton of nice gifting and trading threads, but it's just so fun to catch an egg for yourself! It would probably be a good idea to try and sneak in during people's usual lunch and dinner times, and definitely disable java. That makes it SO much faster!

If this week hasn't been reminder enough, Holidays bring extra fan site traffic. Your eggs will get views much faster than normal and are more likely to get sick right now. Remember to wait a while before adding them anywhere!

Just reposting because I think it bears repeating.

Got already three of the new halloween eggs, using the same mouse-scroll-wheel-clicking method laugh.gif

I'll try for another one or two eggs later tongue.gif

this drop only lasted 2 minutes !! what is going on ??

Yeah. That was crazy!! Wish TJ would drop double rows this year too like he did during last year's halloween event...

Well I finally got egg locked from this last night. It's rather annoying since many people have the 7 egg limit and they probably have super fast internet which puts those of us without super faster internet and higher egg limits at a disadvantage.

A tip for those who are having trouble still. Pick the least two populated biomes. For me last night it was coast and forest. Just keep trying your luck, clicking the middle egg got me 4/5 of my eggs last night while the other came from a click to the last egg.

Shoot, last night when it hit midnight the drops were lasting 5min+ O.o no wonder people are having a hard time now with so short drops. If I knew I could get more I'd start gifting out... :/ good luck guys. I just did the click refresh thing. Refresh-CLICK right as soon as anything showed up, did that enough times and got em. Actually got 3 in a row once.

I'm not usually one to complain about holiday drops, but this is a bit ridiculous. I'm on a good connection and still haven't managed to catch a single egg yet. sleep.gif

Hopefully eggs will become more frequent later in the day or something.

I'm starting to think that giving users no limit for holiday dragons when there are 7 slots to be filled is kinda unproductive. Or the cave needs to produce more eggs. sleep.gif

Got already three of the new halloween eggs, using the same mouse-scroll-wheel-clicking method laugh.gif

I'll try for another one or two eggs later tongue.gif

For anyone without a clicky mouse, you can also hit Ctrl+Click to open a link in a new window. So, f5 with one hand, and CtrlClick with the other, and go to town!

Either that, or this is just peak time. I stayed up for the midnight release, and it took me half an hour, but I got 2 eggs -- one in the first drop, none in the second and third, and then one in the fourth. The cave had about 70 people in each biome... so it seemed to work well enough with those numbers. I have a decent connection, and was clicking like a maniac (WITHOUT knowing about disabling java and hitting f5 and all that good stuff; I was looping back through the pages), and managed those two.

There were actually only about a hundred people in the biome I was in-- not that many at all, and certainly not as many as I'm used to competing with back before biomes. But the drop was literally over before my computer clock read 11:02. If someone's clock is even a minute off, they might miss the entire drop. I don't really see how that's fair at all.

I'm starting to think that giving users no limit for holiday dragons when there are 7 slots to be filled is kinda unproductive. Or the cave needs to produce more eggs. sleep.gif

Agreed. A limit would help immensely. People would fill up faster and more people would be able to get them. But I guess that kinda removes part of the challenge...

There were actually only about a hundred people in the biome I was in-- not that many at all, and certainly not as many as I'm used to competing with back before biomes. But the drop was literally over before my computer clock read 11:02. If someone's clock is even a minute off, they might miss the entire drop. I don't really see how that's fair at all.

Wow. No, I totally agree with you. Last night, it was even a bit frustrating, just because you could click the entire time and not catch a thing. But at least it lasted for several minutes -- about 3 of every 5.

I've tried "catching" them since, just to see if I *could,* though I'm egg-locked, and I haven't touched a single one. And they are gone SO fast -- I don't even see the 5-minute updates, only the hourly. How is that?? I mean, I have a fast connection and am IN the biome when it occurs, refreshing constantly, and I don't even see them.

Seems like something's off, a bit...

Well I think it's a lot better with biomes.

Think about it: we have six biomes, and while hourly drop there's usually 100-150 people in each of them. Would it be better with all 800 people in one biome? Yes the drop would probably last longer but how laggy would it be...