TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

I have tried off and on all night but all I find is no eggs and a full cave of abandoned ones. It seems not everyone prepared themselves to catch eggs with out having to drop many. It doesn't seem fair for those of us that actually thought about it and cleared their scrolls for this and still can't even see a holloween egg.

Edited by DeathDymin

ok so they drop every 5 mins? cus i havent seen any eggs on the bioms for about 30 mins now.

Yes they do but they drop when the time changes...so you only have to be like 1-2 seconds behind to refresh and the eggs will already be gone.

Like Fortune86 said also make sure your clock is timed with the DC one...or use some worldclock you can watch.

Edited by Miryana

? to VampiricOmen - how do you know where to point your cursor if the images are turned off? Did you draw on the monitor screen or something?

Sorry for not replying earlier. With images turned off, the 'mystery egg' image is replaced with the text 'egg'. This only applies to the Cave itself (as in, the biomes). In the AP there is no text to replace egg images, so this method would not work for AP hunting. Not sure if this works with other browsers.

Edit: Just saw that Varekis had already answered the question with better information. Thank you, Varekis for clarifying that it only seems to work with Firefox. happy.gif

Regarding eggs not appearing at 5 mintue drops: They do appear, but they are taken that fast they're usually gone before you can finish refreshing. When catching eggs earlier, I was lucky to see an egg in the five minute drop, let alone click on it during a refresh. xd.png

Best of luck to those yet to finish catching their eggs. smile.gif

Edited by VampiricOmen

Man, I'm glad I stayed up last night to get mine. Seems a lot harder this morning. Good luck you guys...

Ditto that. I stayed up until 5 a.m. for the first drop! (Living in Madrid, we're on GMT+1 over here.) I'm glad I didn't cave in and go to bed!

Best of luck to all you egg-hunters!

^ Yeah, I just barely saw an egg at a 5-minute drop, and I've been refreshing for about 40 minutes.

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that TJ had said in IRC that if we give out even a temporary password and allow others onto your Scroll that we could be banned/burned for multi-scrolling. Cannot swear as to the veracity of that statement since I didn't see the IRC statement, just passing on what was said earlier. Bummer.

thanks for that info, did not know that

I've helped others on one day events in times past

and knew it could not be offered but did not know he would start issuing bans

will just have to get everyone here to use my internet then, which is what they usually do

since mine is super fast wink.gif

bad enough we gotta wait each an hour to get our own(family)

but now everyone else will be fighting for their turn LOL

better get some more treats to snack on tongue.gif

mybe play some type of game to see who goes first xd.png

Happy Halloween everyone! Now the whole ghost dragon has me total excited, but see how the eggs are kinda faded out now I hope however awesome the adults look that they wont grow up that faded on our scrolls. It would be kind of hard to see then, and they look like they will be epic so I want to see them everyday lol.

Now if the pesky dead egg would leave (vamp bite gone wrong) I could catch one more and be at lucky number 7! Oh well I love 6 to.

Imagine if they're invisible during the day. e3e

Haha, totally agreed though. When I first saw the eggs, I was like 'Oooh, those could possibly go well with female moonstones' but the more they fade out... XD

Yes they do but they drop when the time changes...so you only have to be like 1-2 seconds behind to refresh and the eggs will already be gone.

Like Fortune86 said also make sure your clock is timed with the DC one...or use some worldclock you can watch.

yeah iv noticed when i first got on this morning they were droping like mad then it started the every 5 min thing...i think they shoulda changed it to two rows every 5 mins >.> some ppl are already full...im not yet xd.png

This works for me:

Go to one of biomes. When the eggs appear, click another biome and when you see the biome link changing black click one of the eggs right after it, as fast as you can. You may not get the eggs yet but when you learn to do it quickly, it's easy when you can really see when the page is ready.

user posted image

I've just worked out that TJ's eggs will hatch roughly when I go home. I might not be able to see them today D:

Edit: Typo fairy is trolling me

Edited by Fortune86

I am full and happy - was within five minutes of the release tonight smile.gif

All eggs influenced and incubated smile.gif

What I do is use the mouse scroll wheel to click, as it opens the egg in a new tab (in FF). My other hand is using the f5 key to refresh.

When the eggs come I just do lots of clicks and refreshes at the same time, very fast, until the eggs stop coming. Then I go through the tons of open tabs to see what I got biggrin.gif

I now have a new (fast) laptop, but this method also worked great when I had a 10 yr old 650Mhz p3 laptop.

Ugh. I'm at school, been refreshing for HOURS now, and still can't get anything. I don't have internet at home, so I can't continue my hunting there. :/ Anyone want to help me out?

How do you manage to spend hours refeshing at school?

Things have sure changed since I was last there.

I found it harder to get eggs this event, than I did in the past. Spent several hours attempting, beginning when the eggs first dropped. I began again in the wee hours of the morning. Now I have filled my egg slots and I am exhausted from lack of quality sleep...but it was fun as I anticipated getting each egg.

Wishing everyone successful hunting and a Happy Halloween!! biggrin.gif

I was very lucky and was able to get 2 of mine last night right when they were released but I was finally able to snag my last ones between 1-3am. Good luck to all others out there hunting.

happy Halloween poptartFINALTINY.gif