TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

Have 2 new marrows, 2 pumpinks, 1 zombie and 2 'ghosts' and have 4 halloween 2011 eggs for my sister. The new ones in the previous hour drops. I'm like a ninja or something. ninja.gif I'm way toooo fast for you! laugh.gif

Then again, i have normally really slow internet but dragoncave just loves me! (L)

So, i'm locked, going to do my homework i think, i've been delaying it way to much..

Still no luck. My internet is way too slow to grab these eggs sad.gif

Yes those with the really fast machines are the ones managing to catch the eggs. Wish they'd get egg-locked so those of us with slower machines could get a few.

ETA @Meremwen - you can come sit in our little emo corner (I've brought cookies) and we can feel sorry for each other (winkwink)

Edited by oddsoxdi

-Content Removed-

Edited by Khallayne

yes, sorrowfully they are gone in 3 min

Last night it only lasted for 1-2 minutes x.o;

There were like 150+ people in each biome.

Hourly drop went like this for me:

1. Okay, let's face it: I can't get any of them.

2. Wait! I got one!

3. I GOT SECOND ONE!

4. Did my internet just freeze???

5. Darn. My computer went down.

-----

Honestly, my computer never does that - except if I'm in dragon cave.

Does anyone know what could be the reason for it? It can happen anywhere: when I'm scrolling down dragons or picking up eggs. I really want to get rid of it sleep.gif

I'm wondering how some people manage to lock themselves with the new Halloween hatchies, when I myself am not able to get many. :\ Whenever I seem to click just as the eggs appear on my screen, someone's already taken it.

I got mine last night after the downtime. There were only a few people viewing the pages and they did the hourly drop at like 2:15am so I luckily got four and so did my husband. If that would not have happened I probably would not have gotten any and would had to trade marrows or such to get even one ;/

I was having no luck last night so someone caught for me. Did a fantastic job, and I'm glad because my time is really limited today have to leave for work soon, by the time I get home have a rushed dinner and then hand out candy. By the time that is done there, won't be much time for me to catch.

The eggs are beautiful! HARD TO CATCH with 100+ people per room constantly. Do they only drop once every hour on the hour? Also, got a zombie! WOO! 1/5 isn't bad at all. smile.gif Oh, also, are pumpkins and marrows also being dropped in the hourly drop or is the drop exclusive to new eggs?

Edited by Lyricmaniac

I wish the eggs were dropped more frequently. They're all snatched in 3 minutes and you then have to wait an hour for the next drop. I still haven't caught one yet. sad.gif

First time I saw one at a five minute drop at :10.... Was so surprised I didn't even click on it...

I just managed to catch one. A small drop of 3-ish eggs is at the 5-minute increment and the larger ones at the hour, so you're more likely to see eggs on the hour rather than between.

are we now allowed to offer to catch? blink.gif

see people offering and if it's allowed well xd.png

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that TJ had said in IRC that if we give out even a temporary password and allow others onto your Scroll that we could be banned/burned for multi-scrolling. Cannot swear as to the veracity of that statement since I didn't see the IRC statement, just passing on what was said earlier. Bummer.

are we now allowed to offer to catch?  blink.gif

see people offering and if it's allowed well  xd.png

It is considered multi-scrolling to catch for others or to have others catch for you, which is against the rules.

[00:59] <~TJ09> Catching an egg means that scroll is yours. Which means if you catch for someone, you're multi-scrolling and may be banned.

Edited by TheDarkCynder

The eggs are beautiful! HARD TO CATCH with 100+ people per room constantly. Do they only drop once every hour on the hour? Also, got a zombie! WOO! 1/5 isn't bad at all. smile.gif Oh, also, are pumpkins and marrows also being dropped in the hourly drop or is the drop exclusive to new eggs?

Just the new eggs and they are dropping every five minutes and hourly ; )

Just they are going so fast at the 5 minute intervals you do not see them lol ^ ^

I tried for 4-5 hours now and still got 0 new eggs... bah so annoying xd.png

Edited by ditisleuk

Shiny and sparkly!

Got 5, now I need to wait 7 hours before I unlock again. Sigh. Why can't those hours pass quicker.

Tip for people using Firefox: Disable java, images and change the page styling to from basic to none. This will speed up your web browser, as less needs to be loaded on each page. Java and images can be turned off under Tools>Options>Content, just untick them and close the options box, can turn them back on once you've caught your eggs. Page styling can be changed under View>Page style>No style.

For Safari: Press gear button>Preferences>Untick enable Java and enable Javascript then close the preferences. Dunno how to turn off images or disable page styling, didn't used it long enough to find out. Also, not sure if ctrl+click works with Safari, but ctrl+r works for refreshing (with catching eggs you just have to click and go back if you missed it, like normal I guess).

The Firefox method helped me get my eggs with 80+ people in each of the biomes within the first hour of drops starting. Using the ctrl+r method of refreshing, then ctrl+click method of catching (so it opens in a new tab, and you can keep refreshing to catch more), seemed to help a lot. This may have been mentioned heaps of times before, but I figured it'd be good to post the tip anyway.

New eggs have a unique, hatch/fade sequence? So awesome. o_o

Edited by VampiricOmen

the new eggs are not dropping every 5 mins !! there are none available since 3 mins past the hour sad.gif

-Content Removed-

Is it really a crisis? From the nature of the page, it just looks like a commentary of one particular incident which seems to serve the sole purpose of drawing attention to your still present glitched egg. :x

Edited by Khallayne