TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

I thought the event started tonight when I saw it was being released already sleep.gif.

Bad thing is it didn't even last a minute. I'm going to have a very hard time trying to snag a single egg, and I have work tonight.....

what is this? Aren't there any hourly drops anymore?

I only now came back from work. Due to the time difference I had to leave before dragon cave halloween time started....

And now this ;_; it's allready the middle of the night here

How do you manage to spend hours refeshing at school?

Things have sure changed since I was last there.

I had to write in to agree with this ^. biggrin.gif

A couple of additional hunting hints: in FF

1. change the view from "page style" to "no style"

this loads the eggs vertically and closer together on the far left side of the page

2. rather than refreshing the same page, after clicking switch to another biome

3. use control/click which will open another tab-- don't bother looking just move to the next biome or page and when there are no more eggs go back and check/close

won't help much on 5 minute drops but works well at the top of the hour drops

I just got two and I;ll tell you how I did it on my slow laptop. I disabled Java and cookies. The I chose a biome. I put my arrow over the middle egg. I clicked on it with one hand and with the other I was hitting ALT and my left arrow which is the shortcut for going back to the previous page. I just kept doing that over and over again, and when I checked my scroll after the drop I had 2 new eggs. YAY! and here I was afraid I wouldn't get one a all.

Thank you so much everybody for your advice! I followed it and finally managed to catch some eggs, enough so I'm happy & even though I still don't have a full scroll, I have enough to be content

This is the worst I have ever seen getting a holiday egg. The drops last 30 secs, there is no way.

Congrats to those who got the amount you wanted, I give up. There isn't much fairness in this with people with DSL (or worse) connections. And I can honestly say, I detest the biomes even more now.

Thanks for the holiday anyway TJ, I do appreciate it.

This is ridiculous, I normally have no problems catching holiday eggs but these drops aren't even lasting a minute!

Well I finally saw my first egg. But I only got 4 chances to get one, now we have to go thru so much after we're told no you didnt get it. That by the time you get back to the page their gone. Sorry to sound so mean, I am just tired and disappointed.

Ok Only one egg. Thats a little to much. Only one egg showed up and when I got back no eggs anywhere, and it was still 11:10. And yes my clock is right. I agree the Bio's are worse than I had thought also.

Edited by DeathDymin

I am finding it harder to get eggs. Last Holiday I caught mine/hubby's/son's within 30 min. Been trying since they started and caught 1

This is the worst I have ever seen getting a holiday egg. The drops last 30 secs, there is no way.

Congrats to those who got the amount you wanted, I give up. There isn't much fairness in this with people with DSL (or worse) connections. And I can honestly say, I detest the biomes even more now.

I hear you. I'm just going to give up. I can't even see the egg let alone click. Supposed to be an anticipation but this is turning out to be a disappointment.

All right what's the deal? I did just as everyone suggested about java script and images and waited in the biomes and went from biome to biome at the top of the hour - no eggs until 3 or 4 past I DID manage to see the LAST egg of the Desert biome and that's it?!! Was there no 11 drop??!! This is bordering on the ridiculous!

ETA" And I tried coming on last night at midnight but of course the Cave was bombing and wouldn't even show up for me. So do we get EXTRA time for that?? Jeeze this sucks

Edited by Ayelldee

Was there a drop of eggs at 11 am? mad.gif

I don't think so.

Wow, i clicked about 60 of them, but only managed to get 2, and there's about 60 ppl per biome...

A real test to your clicking skills.

I have tried off and on all night but all I find is no eggs and a full cave of abandoned ones. It seems not everyone prepared themselves to catch eggs with out having to drop many. It doesn't seem fair for those of us that actually thought about it and cleared their scrolls for this and still can't even see a holloween egg.

It's not the fault of the abandoned page. TJ turns off egg blocking during events and new egg drops. You can tell by looking at the front page, if it says you can see "some abandoned eggs," they won't interfere with cave drops. Only if it says a "huge pile of abandoned eggs" will you not be able to hunt in the cave.

If you don't see Halloween eggs, it's just because they're gone already. Try to start looking for them as soon as the clock turns to :00, or maybe wait till later in the day when it's less crowded. (I find that when it's around dinnertime in the US (~7 PM cave time) is usually a relatively quiet period, and very late at night in the US (midnight-2 AM cave time) is usually very quiet, though that won't help tonight!)

Ugh net to slow.

5 min drops I'm lucky if I see a egg every 10 5min drops. Hourly the lag shoots up for me and I may see them but I can click all 3 each time and there all taken by the time my computer sends the request to the server.

If some one has a spare egg and is willing pm me?

uh - to be honest, I fpound that much much easier than last year - there are only ~100 ppl cathcing per biome whereas last year I had to beat ~500 - at the best. And I got all the eggs I w<nted in 2 hourly drops. And no, I don't have superfast Internet. My Internet is DSL and keeps discvonnecting on it's own all the time. So... well... I think catching has become easier..

I have a super-fast connection and even I only managed to snag one out of the last drop. These drops are just way too short.

I have time today - in fact the whole day. I can help you guys out some. (PM me)

And it's crazy how fast those eggs go, but the chances are still better right now as they were last night. 100+ people per biome are still better than 200+ like last night.

smile.gif