TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

Yeah. That was crazy!! Wish TJ would drop double rows this year too like he did during last year's halloween event...

We didn't have the biomes last year.

I've tried "catching" them since, just to see if I *could,* though I'm egg-locked, and I haven't touched a single one. And they are gone SO fast -- I don't even see the 5-minute updates, only the hourly. How is that?? I mean, I have a fast connection and am IN the biome when it occurs, refreshing constantly, and I don't even see them.

Seems like something's off, a bit...

I tried the same and was thinking the same as you are doing now....but other people where reporting they where catching eggs....so i tried something else and refreshed on the 5 minute marks and clicked...and that worked and i saw at least 1 or 2 of the 3 eggs biggrin.gif

Agreed. A limit would help immensely. People would fill up faster and more people would be able to get them. But I guess that kinda removes part of the challenge...

I think a limit (even of 3 or 4) would help a ton. It would still be a challenge for everyone! Although, I do see a lot of people with 6- or 7-egg slots who are devoting their day to catching eggs, turning around, and giving them away to those without any. So, not everyone's being a big ol' egg hog. wink.gif

Wow. No, I totally agree with you. Last night, it was even a bit frustrating, just because you could click the entire time and not catch a thing. But at least it lasted for several minutes -- about 3 of every 5.

I've tried "catching" them since, just to see if I *could,* though I'm egg-locked, and I haven't touched a single one. And they are gone SO fast -- I don't even see the 5-minute updates, only the hourly. How is that?? I mean, I have a fast connection and am IN the biome when it occurs, refreshing constantly, and I don't even see them.

Seems like something's off, a bit...

Yeah, I've never complained about a holiday release before, but this is just absurd. I can't even imagine how impossible it must be for someone who has even DSL versus cable.

Agreed. A limit would help immensely. People would fill up faster and more people would be able to get them. But I guess that kinda removes part of the challenge...

There's a limit for Christmas and Valentine dragons, and there's just as much drama and egg stress on Christmas and Valentine's Day every year, so I don't think a limit on Halloween eggs would change anything. :-) Just give it a little time-- we're still in the first ~2 hours of wakefulness in the US, where most (though not all) of the DragCave users live, so demand is likely to slack off later in the day. :-)

I think a limit (even of 3 or 4) would help a ton. It would still be a challenge for everyone! Although, I do see a lot of people with 6- or 7-egg slots who are devoting their day to catching eggs, turning around, and giving them away to those without any. So, not everyone's being a big ol' egg hog. wink.gif

I would do that if I had time, and the assurance that I could catch more xd.png I've been a "member" on here for awhile, but I never got on much until recently, so this is the first holiday drop I've been able to grab.

See I've gifted a couple already. I managed to catch all of mine within half an hour of the midnight release, then gifted two more after that. After the sickness drops off I'll probably gift a couple more too. happy.gif

I love Halloween. <3333

Dont seem ta be appearing... What biome?

They're SUPPOSEDLY falling in ALL Biomes, but I only got to see the very last egg in that 11 o'clock drop that didn't really happen. ONE egg I was allowed to see - gee thanks. Since the population of DC has gone up doncha think the number of eggs dropped should go up too?

Yeah, I've never complained about a holiday release before, but this is just absurd. I can't even imagine how impossible it must be for someone who has even DSL versus cable.

I'm at work with an ethernet connection, and it just completely bombs out at the hourly drops. I'm actually amazed anyone is catching any like this!

I got 3 last night, but that was about 15 minutes after the new eggs were released. I'm waiting for a few more eggs to hatch and then maybe I can get 2 more sometime today if I'm lucky. But good grief, they do go fast o_o

Ok I figured out the trick. Be there when the event starts. Wayyyy easier to catch last night

IFFFF the Cave isn't going haywire - I TRIED that last night and the Cave wouldn't load, for the longest time. I've asked once - will that time be added back in?

Ok I figured out the trick. Be there when the event starts. Wayyyy easier to catch last night

This. So much.

Yeah, okay, just to check I was hanging out... I've got really fast internet. Refresh time is practically nonexistent. When I click the biome, it pops right up. My computer clock is usually right in line with the DC, when my clock hits the hour thats when the hour drops usually start in the cave. I was refreshing constantly, and I saw ONE egg when my clock was at xx:24. By the time my clock hit 25 there was nothing. They're definitely going fast xd.png

So I was trying to catch a 5th new egg so that I could gift it later, when I found this awesome marrow egg in the AP. My first pb marrow of the year! ^^ Definitely made me happy, so I think I'm done Halloween hunting this year, ^^

I agree, last night was very easy to catch eggs. I was locked within two minutes and my brother managed to get locked just before the eggs ran out (I believe that was at the five minute mark or so...)

Trying to catch new eggs now isn't very easy, but trying to catch good other halloween eggs is very easy for whatever reason, ^^

Edited by Anarya-Ameana

I'm glad I got mine so quickly. I'd hate to be stuck trying all day for these.

*rubs eggs over everyone*

Maybe the scent will help lure them to you.

But none of us really want limits on Halloween dragons. Would you want a limit on how much Halloween candy you can get? "Ten pieces of candy, young lady, and then you're cut off. No more for you ever." O.O Setting a limit means you wouldn't be able to get any more of these next year either. No, we want to be able to fill our "candy bag."

Remember, this is the first Holiday event since the biomes started. I'm sure if there are adjustments needed in how many eggs are dropping, TJ is aware and will make them. But also, he's a college student, so he has to work around his RL life commitments.

Plus, a lot of people have been commenting on how much easier it was to get their Halloween eggs than it was last year. I have to agree with that. I've been here for every holiday event since Halloween 2008, and I must say this is the easiest I've gotten my eggs. For those having trouble, pay attention to the hints. Turn off any unneeded programs (they slow down your computer), use a ctrl-click method so you don't have to keep going back to the cave tab, and click and refresh like mad.

Remember too, as people with more practice get their scrolls filled there will be less competition.

Why, why we can't teleport them? Or is it just me?

I would gladly have gifted some sad.gif

// E; this year is a wayyyy easier to me. Last year I had to ask someone to catch for me.

Edited by Bamboomonkey

I have 3 of the new eggs on my scroll, 2 my daughter nabbed and sent me last night. But all 3 were promised out, and I keep my word.

And I completely disagree that it's better with the biomes. You get the same amount of eggs split up into the biomes and the drop lasts mere seconds, not minutes. If the drops lasted a full 5 minutes, it might be a tad easier.

QUOTE (Luna Hoshino @ Oct 31 2011, 10:23 AM)

lol, I am on satellite and it is not as fast as people think

I gave away two this morning and am now trying to catch for other people via my sister's scroll, but even with my lovely connection and the fastest browser settings I could work out, the drops last less than two seconds for me - If I see an egg at all.

Last night was absolutely easier than this.

But none of us really want limits on Halloween dragons. Would you want a limit on how much Halloween candy you can get? "Ten pieces of candy, young lady, and then you're cut off. No more for you ever." O.O Setting a limit means you wouldn't be able to get any more of these next year either. No, we want to be able to fill our "candy bag."

Remember, this is the first Holiday event since the biomes started. I'm sure if there are adjustments needed in how many eggs are dropping, TJ is aware and will make them. But also, he's a college student, so he has to work around his RL life commitments.

Plus, a lot of people have been commenting on how much easier it was to get their Halloween eggs than it was last year. I have to agree with that. I've been here for every holiday event since Halloween 2008, and I must say this is the easiest I've gotten my eggs. For those having trouble, pay attention to the hints. Turn off any unneeded programs (they slow down your computer), use a ctrl-click method so you don't have to keep going back to the cave tab, and click and refresh like mad.

Remember too, as people with more practice get their scrolls filled there will be less competition.

Words of wisdom right there tongue.gif true that.