TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

Are you talking about TJ's? He froze one of them, which is why it seems stuck as a hatchie happy.gif

Oh, I see. Its description said the hatchie was sick, so I figured the dragon wasn't frozen.

The only thing that bothers me is the adult's tail (how straight and oddly thick it is in the middle) but really, I love this sprite. happy.gif

i think it's the shadow from the wings that makes it look like it goes thin to thick to thin again. but does look a little thick on the bottom in the middle. but still --> user posted image

Both my hatchies gendered male and I was soooo sad

In the trading section there's a thread about swapping hatchies that didn't gender right. Maybe someone is willing to trade you for a female.

Five out of my six eggs hatched before I got to influence the ones I didn't. >.< Oh, no big deal, I hope they gender right. If they don't, I'll go to "Hatchi didn't gender right?" topic and try to trade them for the opposite gender.

The adult description is really lovely *^-^*. And the sprites are so pretty. xd.png I want moaar! Well ok, let's wait until next year then. ^^" Can't wait to freeze the hatchies then. wink.gif

Named them all. In case I need to trade, I'll just cross out the names and give them again after the trade is over (if I manage to arrange one if needed). smile.gif

The only thing that bothers me is the adult's tail (how straight and oddly thick it is in the middle) but really, I love this sprite. happy.gif

no not really .. think of an iguana's tail for example.. their tails are thin with a slight buldge due to fat stores and are high/tall. But they look sorta thick/bulky and rigid from a side view .. it's like an optical illusion due to the angle of view presented. The overall flatness of the iguana's tail makes them a wicked weapon when they slam you with it (trust me)

The tail bends and goes behind the dragon =( It's unfortunate that it's reading differently then what was intended. I do see what you all are referring to, however I'm uncertain if it's too late or not since it's already released.

Their name and description reminded me so much of something, a character, but I just couldn't think of it. Then it hit me. A character in one of my favorite series of books (The Menegarie by Christopher Golden and Thomas E. Sniegoski) can 'Shadow Walk'.

I was thinking more of the 4e D&D Fey pact Warlocks that Shadow Walk as a class and have the ability to turn into mist. The whole description reminds me of 4e's Shadow Walk and Misty Step powers.

They look really nice. c: I love the S2 hatchlings~

My favourite is the adult, then the stage one hatchling. biggrin.gif It looks like a little grey rat~ (in a good way)

Named them all. In case I need to trade, I'll just cross out the names and give them again after the trade is over (if I manage to arrange one if needed). smile.gif

As far as I know you can not just unname a dragon. You have to give it another name. So the hatchies you have can't be trades anymore.

As far as I know you can not just unname a dragon. You have to give it another name. So the hatchies you have can't be trades anymore.

You can unname them.

Just go to "rename" and make the box blank, then submit.

You can unname them easily now. Go to rename, delete the name and hit the enter button. You get a message "You cross out Dragon's name." Then you CAN trade a previously named hatchling after all.

ETA: Partially ninja'd.

Edited by dragongrrl

The tail bends and goes behind the dragon =( It's unfortunate that it's reading differently then what was intended. I do see what you all are referring to, however I'm uncertain if it's too late or not since it's already released.

Hhmm, maybe I'm the odd one out. However, to me it's clear that the tails bends and goes behind the dragon. I guess it's like all art, we all see things slightly differently.

Im so happy that all my hatchies gendered right and I named them all yay! Only 14 hours till they grow up! wub.gif

On DC, as in real life, it seems that some people don't understand the difference between constructive and destructive criticism.

"I don't like it"/"I was disappointed"/"this sucks" are all examples of destructive criticism. They do nothing to inform the artist of what he or she can do to improve (if, indeed, they even WANT to improve. Just because you hate it doesn't mean it isn't EXACTLY what the artist intended. Art's subjective). They serve only to hurt feelings and drive wedges between people.

"I would like it better if..." is constructive criticism. You're not condemning the work, but sharing your thoughts about how it could be even better. The artist may still not agree with you, but they are unlikely to take offense or get hurt feelings about it.

If you're uncertain into which category your comment falls, perhaps you ought to take an extra minute, sit back, and think about it some more. When in doubt, keep it to yourself. Just because you have a right to an opinion doesn't always make it the right thing to share it. This attitude that "they're artists, they need to have thick skins and absorb whatever abuse we hurl at them" is unkind at best.

There is nothing wrong with not liking a sprite. People don't have to give a reason for not liking something because it's all up to tastes. For example, I don't like the balloon dragon. Is it a bad sprite? No, I think it's a good sprite I just don't like the style.

The reason I'm not stating why I don't like this sprite is because it's a long list and there's no reason to point these things out when the sprite is already completed.

Also no one stated they hated the sprite so far. Not liking something is not the same as hating something or saying "it sucks".

I have 20 hatchies.. Just need one more, and then i'm Shadow Walker locked <3

There is nothing wrong with not liking a sprite. People don't have to give a reason for not liking something because it's all up to tastes. For example, I don't like the balloon dragon. Is it a bad sprite? No, I think it's a good sprite I just don't like the style.

Everybody has the right to like or to dislike any sprite in the game. In no way did I intend to infringe on that right.

The issue here is not, "do you have a right to hold an opinion" or even "do you have a right to express your opinion?" It is "Will expressing your opinion do more good than harm, or vice-versa?" and "if expressing your opinion does more harm than good, is it really necessary to express it in the first place?"

The reason I'm not stating why I don't like this sprite is because it's a long list and there's no reason to point these things out when the sprite is already completed.

The reason to make constructive criticism about a sprite that has already been released has nothing to do with effecting change in that sprite. As you note, it's been released. It's done. The reason has everything to do with providing useful feedback to the artist that they can take into account when hopefully doing their NEXT sprite.

If all you're doing is saying "meh, I don't like it," that's not providing any useful feedback. It's just being negative.