TJ09

2011-10-27 - Haunted House Event

Lol the word thuwed made me perk up. I instantly knew the spells were Saurian. xd.png

Oh! I'm super-new to this -- didn't realize the word was a tip-off, though I've seen it in some of the dragon names...

I'm sorry this was not up to your standards, but please keep in mind they were all done by one artist and with limited time to do them. 3=

I think they're absolutely gorgeous and add just the right amount of wow to go along with all the great text adventures. :3

I so TOTALLY agree with that, Socky. I think everything had just the right touch to be a teensy bit creepy looking, but not TERRIFYING... biggrin.gif I loved the artwork. Being someone who lacks the ability to do handdone art like that, I very much appreciate the hard work done on these leetle items and the dark, creepy rooms!

Spoiler-->Ballroom-->Living room-->Hallway-->Heavy door

So THAT'S the chicken trick!! xd.png 40/40 YAY this was lots of fun, thank you to all those who helped make it happy.gif

I'm sorry this was not up to your standards, but please keep in mind they were all done by one artist and with limited time to do them. 3=

I think they're absolutely gorgeous and add just the right amount of wow to go along with all the great text adventures. :3

I agree. I loved the panel drawings/artwork and wish we had a way to "collect and keep" them as well.

Edited by rubyshoes

AWESOME JOB! Awesome artwork...I got my badge after re-joining the hunt today...but I only got 37 items,which bummed me out until I realized I CAN go back to the house & hope to find remaing items(WANT MY CHICKEN)!!

Thx for the coolest event! biggrin.gif

Rockin' On

@Alexiel Dragoness

I thought the drawings were well done and that they added the right flavor to the story. I really enjoyed looking at the drawings as much as the story.

I loved the event, so much more so than trick or treating.

wonderful job for the sprites, story and art! good job all ^^

I've done all that. It isn't working. My inventory hasn't changed. I've gone through the whole story numerous times as I see it. Nothing is happening. So are you saying I don't have to click within the pictures at all? Arggghhhh.....

I'm sure it's been suggested before, but your browser might be the problem and perhaps temporarily using a different one will help.

If you have NoScript blocking Dragcave, that could also be doing it.

I agree. I loved the panel drawings/artwork and wish we had a way to "collect and keep" them as well.

They'll probably appear on your account like Trick or Treat or Festival of Eggs does.

Yayyy, I'm done. cool.gif It took a while to find the chicken, but I eventually did.

This was an amazing event; the objects and scenery were beautiful. Thank you, everyone who made this possible! :]

I really loved how you had to acquire certain objects to get to certain areas of the mansion; it made it a bit more of a challenge, but it was still so fun. <3

HAHA Finished! Yay! Super fun! I only wish I got to keep the pint sized hero...he was so cute!

I knooooow! I'm beginning to think he's got a fan club forming, here... rolleyes.gif

I WANT MY CHICKENN!!!i need help!What do i do after i calm the dragons ghost!!

This was AWESOME! Loved this event. Please do more of these quests in the future, TJ! tongue.gif

Also, I finished the quest, freed the spirit, got the rainbow chicken, but only have 39 items. What am I missing?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it. tongue.gif

Also, I too wish I could keep the pygmy guy.

Edited by Cod Cod

HOW DO I GET MY CHICKEN

Spoiler!

Once you've freed the dragon, return to the basement and then exit the house. Go along the main path instead of the one with the mushrooms and you should see it.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing or point me to a list of items?

I made a list, you can look up my posts if you like.

Grr I'm stuck, I keep going in circles. I'll take a snapshot of what I have collected in a while.

Just wanted to say that this was a blast! I was stuck at first, but glancing around this thread helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. Had to double back quite a bit but I managed to get all 40/40! To those having a hard time, don't give up! And don't get mad, it's supposed to be fun.

Thank you to everyone who worked on putting this together! Reminded me very much of the "Choose Your Own Adventure" or "Which Way?" books I grew up reading. I love things like that! Wish there were some CYOA books for grown ups, heh. The artwork and story line were very neat, and I totally got the heebie jeebies, imagining being in a spooky creaky haunted house! So thank you for throwing out some Halloween fun for everyone. biggrin.gif

I collected all the items first then went through and read the whole thing

LOVE the story.. took me a while to read though.

I have it copied and saved to my site. wish i knew who made the story up and the drawings so i could give credit to all who helped.