TJ09

2011-10-27 - Haunted House Event

Spoiler alert! To get the chicken... you have to go all the way back through the mansion to wear you calmed the spirit, and then you go back to your 'dragons' page, click to go back, and then click 'stay on the main trail' it worked for me when I didn't see the chicken right away.

Thanks for that, spent a good hour trying to get that thing before you posted tongue.gif

Good Luck to the rest

cool wish i could find all the items I got 30/40 and i am wondering where to look

Edited by thomasgold19

I'm having a small problem. I have 39 items, but didn't get the badge yet. Do I have to do something to get the badge so I can get the chicken?

I had the badge before I picked up the chicken, which surprised me, but I did still go back and collect the elusive birdie!

Thank you to those who created this! smile.gif

And thanks, BirdSpirit! I had remembered Thuwed meant dragon but didn't know the rest.

Some fun facts about the spells:

Urhusuturhu, efod jojumo! - Abracadabra, open sesame!

Ro vhoo, thuwed jfahak.. - Be free, dragon spirit..

Oh, that's excellent! I wish I'd realized and worked it out... lol.

I've done all that. It isn't working. My inventory hasn't changed. I've gone through the whole story numerous times as I see it. Nothing is happening. So are you saying I don't have to click within the pictures at all? Arggghhhh.....

The entire exercise is text-based, so you only have to click on the links that ask you what you want to do.

When you pick up an item, the item's icon will appear above the text you're reading, as well as add itself to your inventory.

Some of them are automatically picked up when you're simply exploring.

EXAMPLES: You're given a little icon of a full moon with clouds for looking out the window in the ballroom.

You receive glow-in-the-dark lichen for examining the well.

Others, you're asked if you want to pick them up or not.

EXAMPLES: You're asked if you want to pick up a glowing mushroom.

The library has an option "Pick up the quill pen."

There are also quite a few rooms/screens to explore:

Main Trail

Wooded Area

Path

Courtyard

Well

Sitting Room

Ballroom

Study

Living Room

Balcony

Guest Bedroom

Hallway

Master Bedroom

Bathroom

Closet

Garden

Cemetery

Mossy Gate

Greenhouse

Workroom

Fountain

Library (2 floors)

Terrace

Kitchen

Dining Room

Laboratory

Attic

Planetarium

Basement

Hidden Cavern

Also, you can't die, so just keep trying things, you don't have to worry about having to start over because you fell off a balcony or something. You can safely click EVERYTHING.

Could someone tell me or pm me where to go to calm the spirt, and get the chicken? I only have 37 of the items! Thanks for the help...

Wow I just finished it! That chicken was evading me for a good half an hour (ended up reading the spoilers to find it -.- ), and the skull was pretty tough too since that page's scenario works itself out even if you visit it first before visiting that other place from the garden xd.png But it was the funnest Halloween event yet biggrin.gif

Spoiler alert! To get the chicken... you have to go all the way back through the mansion to wear you calmed the spirit, and then you go back to your 'dragons' page, click to go back, and then click 'stay on the main trail' it worked for me when I didn't see the chicken right away.

great! I got the chicken now! ... I'm still missing two items though tongue.gif

The entire exercise is text-based, so you only have to click on the links that ask you what you want to do.

When you pick up an item, the item's icon will appear above the text you're reading, as well as add itself to your inventory.

Some of them are automatically picked up when you're simply exploring.

EXAMPLES: You're given a little icon of a full moon with clouds for looking out the window in the ballroom.

You receive glow-in-the-dark lichen for examining the well.

Others, you're asked if you want to pick them up or not.

EXAMPLES: You're asked if you want to pick up a glowing mushroom.

The library has an option "Pick up the quill pen."

There are also quite a few rooms/screens to explore:

Main Trail

Wooded Area

Path

Courtyard

Well

Sitting Room

Ballroom

Study

Living Room

Balcony

Guest Bedroom

Hallway

Master Bedroom

Bathroom

Closet

Garden

Cemetery

Mossy Gate

Greenhouse

Workroom

Fountain

Library (2 floors)

Terrace

Kitchen

Dining Room

Laboratory

Attic

Planetarium

Basement

Hidden Cavern

Also, you can't die, so just keep trying things, you don't have to worry about having to start over because you fell off a balcony or something. You can safely click EVERYTHING.

I'm not getting the option to even go to many of these places.

Oh, that's excellent! I wish I'd realized and worked it out... lol.

Lol the word thuwed made me perk up. I instantly knew the spells were Saurian. xd.png

This event was VERY fun. Definitely better than Trick-Or-Treat (which I still LOVED); TO MANY PRETTY THINGS!

I'm not getting the option to even go to many of these places.

Ohhhh, that stinks! I hope you get it all ironed out soon. *crosses fingers for you!*

Great event. I like this idea.

The house was great and the narrations spot on (I think I noticed some typos in the last text but it's no biggie).

Got my first trophy smile.gif

I'm missing some of the items but I'll get'em tomorrow.

kudos to you tech peeps, you did a fine work with the event.

I'm sorry the game is not up to your standards. It was just for a little event fun. 3=

Awesome event! My girlfriend and I had a great time exploring the Haunted House. We were a bit paranoid we'd die too (haha Zork games!) but it's still a lot of fun. We're just currently looking for the chicken (no help thanks, we'll find it eventually).

Thank you T.J and everyone else who made this event possible, heck of a lot of fun =)

Peace.

Edit: Found the chicken =D

Edited by Coyote

Most fun I've had in a LONG time! Reminds me of the "choose your own story" books I used to read as a child! So much win and good! Thank you TJ and the hard working spriters who conjured up this Halloween fun. happy.gif I am a happy scrollkeeper.

How to I get to the area where I freed the spirit so I can find the chicken? The first time around I was on the phone and distracted and found it purely by accident and now I don't know how to get back there...

Finally got the rainbow chicken!!

This event was sooo fun. I hope we do something similar next year too!

Blessed Be! ~Rain

The only think I didn't liked much were the draws of the places,I think they could be more worked out.Anyway,congratulations! smile.gif

I'm sorry this was not up to your standards, but please keep in mind they were all done by one artist and with limited time to do them. 3=

I think they're absolutely gorgeous and add just the right amount of wow to go along with all the great text adventures. :3

Woot, I got ze rainbow chicken! 40/40. biggrin.gif