TJ09

2011-10-27 - Haunted House Event

Finally figured out how to get the rainbow chicken to appear! Yay for 40/40!

Awesome event, BTW!

How?

Doesn't matter, got it.

Edited by SilverDarkness

I went to the place where you find the chicken, but it didn't show up. What am I missing here?

Edit: Never mind. Went back to where we were...

Suddenly I'm thinking of wind chimes. /shot

Edited by aquamarine__

Not really--it could be the 1600s for all we know

i don't think there where rubber duckies in the 1600s

Chicken help, please?

ETA: ^Alright, point. biggrin.gif

Edited by GuesssWho

I'm so glad the game doesn't kill you for making a wrong move. I was paranoid at first! (Too many Zork games, I think.) It was really fun being able to explore every possible option and know that I wouldn't have to start over for being too curious. My OCD tendencies are appeased. xd.png

There aren't any random items! Are they actually in the picture? Because if they are, I'm unable to pick them up.

The only advice I can give you is to explore all the options. If it gives you prompts to try actions (example: dance, examine, check out, etc.) try those out. You'll eventually get there. :3

I'm sorry the game is not up to your standards. It was just for a little event fun. 3=

is the rainbow chicken the 40th item or is it a bonus? if its not the 40th then I'm still stuck missing something....rawr

So you just click around and collect items? Is there anything about opening multiple tabs at once of each link? I get confused on which ones I've done half the time >.>

for me the rainbow chicken wasn't that hard and i got it at item # 36 so i dont' know if that helps anyone to feel not so discouraged... i just want that last one and then I could be done ha ha

Edited by briareire

Does anyone have a link of the images with what everyone's calling them? I have 37/40 but I don't know what I'm missing and what everything's being called...

is the rainbow chicken the 40th item or is it a bonus? if its not the 40th then I'm still stuck missing something....rawr

It's the bonus 40th item.

Once you go back to your scroll the text changes from a prompt to figure out the disturbance to one offering to go re-exploring just in case you missed any items. :3

Thanks guys. Any clue how to get the rainbow chicken and the pygmy sitting on the scroll. I believe those are the only two I'm missing...

I think the idea is just to have some Halloween silliness, not historical accuracy. tongue.gif I mean, after all, what's Halloween without mad scientist laboratories and creepy cemeteries?

Hey guys, I'm missing a few items and I'm completely lost on them. I need the rat, the paper with the green dragon thingy sitting on it, the skull, the wing bones, the... platter? and of course the chicken. Can I have a hint or two? (or 6, lol)

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

From GuessWho:

It says things like 'examine well', 'look in mirror' or 'steal the scales'. Do those things.

Yes, I'm trying, but I don't see anything different. My mouse does not change to allow me to pick anything up.

From Kelkelen:

I don't understand your trouble... it seems like you're not going inside the mansion. What scenes have you walked through so far? (The Main Path, the Side Trail, the Courtyard (with the well), The Sitting Room, etc.)

I've been on the path, the main trail, the courtyard, the woods, etc. I haven't seen anything to pick up besides the mushroom, the mask, the bones, and the moss. I've hovered everywhere in the picture, and I can't figure out any way to pick the stuff up. I haven't even seen the sitting room though.

Getting ready to try IE.

Edited by Classycal

Ugh, I just HAD to have a lot of homework TODAY, when I want to spend my time on dragcave. T_T

Anyways, does anyone know how many objects there are in total? 40? I have 36 at the moment. blink.gif

Spoiler alert! To get the chicken... you have to go all the way back through the mansion to wear you calmed the spirit, and then you go back to your 'dragons' page, click to go back, and then click 'stay on the main trail' it worked for me when I didn't see the chicken right away.

Hey guys, I'm missing a few items and I'm completely lost on them. I need the rat, the paper with the green dragon thingy sitting on it, the skull, the wing bones, the... platter? and of course the chicken. Can I have a hint or two? (or 6, lol)

It sounds like maybe you haven't been to the dining room, yet. Two of those items are in there, I think. Another one is downstairs, behind the spell-locked door, so you won't really get it until you're about to finish the quest. And you'll need that before you can get the scroll that's under the spark-spitting dragon, so don't worry about that little guy for now.

From GuessWho:

Yes, I'm trying, but I don't see anything different. My mouse does not change to allow me to pick anything up.

From Kelkelen:

I've been on the path, the main trail, the courtyard, the woods, etc. I haven't seen anything to pick up besides the mushroom, the mask, the bones, and the moss. I've hovered everywhere in the picture, and I can't figure out any way to pick the stuff up. I haven't even seen the sitting room though.

Unlike past trick-or-treat/Easter hunting events, you do not have to click on the images to receive them. You receive them by exploring and finding them. Just explore all the paths and the options. No need to scrutinize the page or the images to try and find things to pick up from them. :3

I finally found the chicken. tongue.gif Yay!

I had to map it out to finish it. The only thing that I ended up searching for was how to get that stupid chicken.

Pretty cool! And the first holiday event that I completed 100%!