_Z_

Lineage Terminology.

Thank you Very Much, Ruby Eyes, I apologize about wrong area to post. But, thank you very much for the information!

You're welcome, and happy hunting & breeding smile.gif Currently, you may want to keep an eggslot free or two - in about 2 days, people will be able to start breeding their past years' Halloween dragons, for only one week, and then the Abandoned Page will be full of pretties. Keep an eye on the News section of the forum smile.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Is this a 'messy' lineage?

Would depend on who you asked. It is a nice mixed lineage even gen dragon. Some people would still say messy as it isn't a checker board or purebred. Where I find purebred boring, haha. And starting to play with alternating checkers as the normal ones get boring too (to me). It all comes down to what you like unless you are asking for trade value. If you are asking for trade value, the place for that question is here.

edit: I am slow looking up links and making sure they work right. ninja.gif

Edited by Dracaena

In trading terms, it would be classified as "messy and inbred" because it does not have a specific shape, and some ancestors appear multiple times in it.

I'm curious if anyone out there knows where I could look at a heart lineage! I really want to make one after seeing one in a trade but unfortunately I can't remember quite how to do it. ^^"

And it seems to not be considered a typical lineage look but I think it is a very cool design.

Do you have a name for double stairs like these two (just the shapes)? Chevron and triangle/pyramid, maybe?

"Arrow" and "inverted arrow" I have seen so far.

I was wondering, in terms of lineage value, would a stairstep Shimmer-scale would be more valuable than a Evengen one?

I've been noticing several evegen Shimmers, but then I wonder that it must be much harder to find a mate for Shimmer evengens than stairsteps.

I was wondering, in terms of lineage value, would a stairstep Shimmer-scale would be more valuable than a Evengen one?

I've been noticing several evegen Shimmers, but then I wonder that it must be much harder to find a mate for Shimmer evengens than stairsteps.

This thread isn't about trade values. Try asking your question here.

I'm not to good on the lingo of the lines and such, I just like collecting eggs. But, I wand to start or in a way already started a royal Angel rose lineage (royal blue, radiant Angel, and Rose buds)..what are the 'shapes' everyone is talking about and what might be the easiest one for a beginner breeder?

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

For a beginner a stair-step, spirals or even-generation are all easy as well as purebred lineages of the more common dragons.

The shapes come into play when you look at a dragon's lineage and some breeding styles are more favored by some over others. You are only constrained by your desire when building a lineage especially if it's a personal one. If you are building a lineage to trade, however, that's the time when you think about which breeding style you want.

For a beginner a stair-step, spirals or even-generation are all easy as well as purebred lineages of the more common dragons.

The shapes come into play when you look at a dragon's lineage and some breeding styles are more favored by some over others. You are only constrained by your desire when building a lineage especially if it's a personal one. If you are building a lineage to trade, however, that's the time when you think about which breeding style you want.

Thank you for the tip! I'll keep that in mind..

Are inbred dragons of less value than others? Just wondering.

Many people view inbred as less valuable, but there are some really cool inbred lineage like this one. However, these lineages have little to no trading value, and are mostly for your own enjoyment/gifting.

Not sure if posting this just yet is a bright idea, but...

http://dragcave.net/lineage/eHC6d

Besides the name-based classification as a Dorkwed, what type of lineage is this little one? I know the mother is Even-gen, but the father is not quite one (seems like an imperfect version of that heart-shaped one posted in previous page) and I'm not sure on the technical name for the result.

There is not a name that I know of for that kind of lineage. As you say, it is not quite an even gen. It isn't possible to come up with names for every possible configuration.

Some people would just write it off as a messy lineage, but it obviously had some planning and thought behind it, so I wouldn't call it that.

Tydeth,

I think purplehaze is correct. Most people would just call it messy and

let it go at that. As for your heart over an even gen, I'm not convinced

because the heart is lopsided.

I think you would be better off concentrating on the lineage heritage

of Dorkface and Thuweds.