_Z_

Lineage Terminology.

Saynna,

correct, that is an 8th PB EG;

and correct again, there are 128 cb's for base/first generation;

and to make a 13 gen you will need 4096 cb's!!

and lol, depends on the "refusal" rate you get, but it is going

to be some awesome work, looking forward to your posting the

finished lineage!!

I thought it was going to be 2048, didn't expect 4096 o__o I must have left out a gen.

Have you seen a 13 EG before? Cause I'd really like to count for myself just to be safe. I'll definitely try and continue this if I can with trades I get, but not too sure what kind of generation I should start off first. @_@

EDIT: So if I were to make trades for 4g PB Magis not inbred, it would take me 256 to make up that 2048 base. But I already have 128 in the first gen so...

2048-128= 1920 more base dragons. That divided by 8 (8 dragons in base for 4g)= 240. Oh my. laugh.gif THAT'S assuming the base should be 2048. If it was 4096... It'd be... 496 different pairs. T__T

Now if I did 5th gen.. 120 eggs; 248 eggs <--- Assuming all magis turn to right gender lol

Another question: Can you go past 13g?

Edited by Saynna

Of course, provided you have the dragons smile.gif

Have a look here: http://dragcave.net/lineage/nFEPK - this one is a 15th gen checker, evengen as well.

Granted, I "cheated" because that's only 2 dragons per generation laugh.gif, but if you count all occurrences of the names of the oldest generation you see (the lineage will show only 12 gens), you get 1024 times "Ilily" plus 1024 times "Ilili", which makes 2048 "base" dragons for 12 gens. Double that for 13 gens (4096), for 14 gens (8192) and 15 gens (16384) and you get one wallpaper of a lineage!

What a really awesome lineage Ruby Eyes!

I tried to do a Purple and Horse checkerboard for the Mardi Gras and

found it impossible to get the breed needed and kept having to re-do

until I gave up. That is amazing work you did which I am sure most

people would have no idea how difficult those two breeds actually are.

Saynna, you will find Ruby Eyes calculations correct. There is also

a large work in progress for purebred Pinks by Pony Tales, but I think

it is only at 10 or 11 generations currently. I believe that lineage is

using dragons only on that scroll, no help from outside sets.

edit: of course you can go past 13 gens...if you have the dragons

as Ruby Eyes says. Most computer screens will show 13 gens

maximum in one view, but if you click on those side row dragons

you will pull up the previous generations to go back to the beginning.

Like this one:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/3oDu

When you click on what appears to the CB/First gen dragons, they

will have a lineage going back further.

Edited by grammydragon

Yeah looks like I was wrong lol Thanks for both info smile.gif It helped quite a lot!

I think I'll just give up when I hit 13 Purebred Magis with no inbreed. I don't think I wanna breed per say 25g magis and it only showing 13. =s

Is it depending on the screen? I only ever get 12 generations displayed, no matter how long or short the involved dragon names are ...

hm, Ruby Eyes, I think you are correct. I guess I just didn't count

very good as it does seem to be 12.

Weird yesterday I thought I counted 13. lol And yesterday that lineage was messy for the base (names and picture of first were just scrambled). Weird O.o

someone mentioned a "reverse checker" somewhere, what is that? can anyone tell me?

someone mentioned a "reverse checker" somewhere, what is that?  can anyone tell me?

I'm almost positive that's where the lineage is made up of 2 breeds arranged in a checker pattern. The difference is that the genders switch- so, in the CB Gen it might be male Blacks and female Golds, but in the 2nd Gen it would be female Blacks and male Golds. I don't have an example that would help with clarification... does anyone else?

What would you call this?

Link

I'd call that a double staircase. But that's just my gut feeling; other people may have a different term...?

Reverse checker or alternating checker are the terms I seem to recall

being used to describe when the breed genders change with each

generation.

Such as this example: http://dragcave.net/lineage/ItAB

For the staircases, they have been referred to as being stacked staircases

or comb teeth pattern.

What would you call this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/V6cR ? I'm not particularly interested in fancy lineages, just wanted to know what you would call it.

There does not seem to be any regular pattern to that lineage. I think most of us would just consider it a messy lineage.

heavenuniasus,

Your last example has D'Hennegel lineage in it. There is a thread for them

in Site Discussion > Breeding > D'Hennegel

The others all seem to just be random breedings. None of them have

a specific pattern terminology.

heavenuniasus, I would call your pink (g8pB) a mixed breed stairstep. The line is carried by the males and all females are cb.

im kinda new here, and i keep seeing something called "clipped" lineages, is that like "clean" or "false" gens?

are those bad?

im kinda new here, and i keep seeing something called "clipped" lineages, is that like "clean" or "false" gens?

are those bad?

I've actually not seen the word clipped used - just false gen or doctored or deadlined for those with dead ancestors. Clean - for no inbreeding.

I have not seen the term 'clipped' used in the lineages. I would suggest

asking someone using that term exactly what are they referring to. That

way you would be sure to not find a disappointment if by chance it meant

they were planning to kill off part of the lineage.

This is also an even-gen lineage, but does this pattern have a name? https://i.imgur.com/pYtAUew.png

Looks like something really nice for large lineages to see the pattern better.

Also, is there a specific name for a stair/spiral where the breed that is continued changes every generation? I saw one with all different dragons and thought it was very pretty wub.gif

Edited for typo's tongue.gif

Edited by RulenneClarissa