Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

Grats on having 1337 posts! Too bad you can't freeze it like that DX

Any thoughts on what I should do for this guy? I have serious doubts about whether I can find an EXACT counterpart for that...

@Silveraen Aw, and I haven't even noticed that! ^^ (Google gave me an explicit explanation of what that number can be associated with tongue.gif

As for a possible mate for your gorgeous boy - well, I really like the Brown copper/Green copper combo (colorwise especially) - so I'm with Daba rolleyes.gif

Now, here're some babies bred by my dragons, that need loving homes ^^:

3d gen Spring (Spring/Silver female checker) waiting for an answer about this baby's fate :3

4th gen Green copper (Silver male/Green copper checker) - posted it in the threads

Please, if there's someone working on these checkers or simply wants to adopt them - PM me! (it's a pity we aren't allowed to post direct links here xd.png)

If no one from this thread asks for them, i'll then post teleports in other threads

Edit:

@AngelsSin Tried to breed two Red dorsal/Silver female pairs today (as I'm also working on this lineage) but got one "Nothing" and one wrong egg :/ If they ever give me a Red dorsal egg - I'll gladly send it your way wink.gif

Edited by Ae0nian

experimented...brown copper male, female green

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n

I had originally thought gold/green copper, but the gold was too bright.

If you like this, you can have this egg, and I'll make sure I name the father.

If you don't like it, well, I have a pretty egg and may start something new laugh.gif

I'm favoring this, but since coppers take the color from their mother, I'm not sure I can make a perfect 3g checker like that o.o I would need a brown copper dad with green copper grandma, unless that's possible and I simply got my facts wrong somewhere xd.png

harvest x green copper?  at least the coloring would be close.  and since the green copper is female, you should get green coppers for the checker.

I share daba's opinion on that...Although I may be biased because harvests didn't appeal to me that much :s

How about just a PB Copper?

Yes, if only it were possible to perfectly checker PB coppers sad.gif

Hmm, that's not bad. I'll consider that one, altho the color looks a bit bright to me, in which case, I'd consider putting a gold/verdigris checker instead huh.gif

@Silveraen Aw, and I haven't even noticed that! ^^ (Google gave me an explicit explanation of what that number can be associated with  tongue.gif 

As for a possible mate for your gorgeous boy - well, I really like the Brown copper/Green copper combo (colorwise especially) - so I'm with Daba  rolleyes.gif

I see that I am slightly nerdier than the crowd here xd.png

Edited by Silveraen

I'm favoring this, but since coppers take the color from their mother, I'm not sure I can make a perfect 3g checker like that o.o I would need a brown copper dad with green copper grandma, unless that's possible and I simply got my facts wrong somewhere xd.png

I share daba's opinion on that...Although I may be biased because harvests didn't appeal to me that much :s

Yes, if only it were possible to perfectly checker PB coppers sad.gif

Hmm, that's not bad. I'll consider that one, altho the color looks a bit bright to me, in which case, I'd consider putting a gold/verdigris checker instead huh.gif

I see that I am slightly nerdier than the crowd here xd.png

first, sheppardkid, that is an amazing finish! I am not going to look or ask how long it took, tho...

Silveraen, I was going to post about that perfect checker thing and realized that yeah, you can't get a brown male for 2nd gen, because every egg will be green.

I believe that after 2nd gen, they could give a brown egg, no? But it wouldn't be perfect. Hmmmmm. Very irritating!

first, sheppardkid, that is an amazing finish!  I am not going to look or ask how long it took, tho...

Silveraen, I was going to post about that perfect checker thing and realized that yeah, you can't get a brown male for 2nd gen, because every egg will be green.

I believe that after 2nd gen, they could give a brown egg, no?  But it wouldn't be perfect.  Hmmmmm.  Very irritating!

What do you think about tan ridgewings or gold wyrverns? I have a few of those sitting on my scroll.

Wow and all those nebulas O_O that would make me cry for sure knowing my luck LOL

Edited by Silveraen

What do you think about tan ridgewings or gold wyrverns? I have a few of those sitting on my scroll.

Wow and all those nebulas O_O that would make me cry for sure knowing my luck LOL

I didn't try the Tan Wyverns, and personally I don't think I would.

But two more suggestions:

I didn't get a copper from the GW combo, as you can see.

Gotta say, I do like the silver! And there are probably a bunch of us that can breed a mate, I'd be happy to, myself.

Edited by daba555

Lovely, simply lovely.

I'm skipping around since I learned my newest guardian is cooperative with its mate: http://dragcave.net/lineage/CNaR1. This means I'm going to have two nice shadow walker X guardian checkers to play with after Halloween. The other line being this line. And this next Halloween, I'm going to breed my remaining two SW males with guardians so I can take it out further and on the hope that I might get a guardian or two from a SW X guardian from the other spriter. tongue.gif

Edited by ytak

@Silveraen Took the liberty of combining a GW and Green copper - they appear to look much better than I expected! and I tend to like this combo

Also tried replacing the GW with an Autumn - pose-wise they do look good, but colorwise, probably Autumns are too dim in comparison to Shimmers, while GWs seem ok (and not too bright, unlike Golds)

@sheppardkid Grats on making so many nebs cooperate well with you! laugh.gif The lineage's very beautiful! :3 (I think, blue nebs are the best match for male moonstones, btw)

@AngelsSin oh, that's very upsetting! sad.gif I'll keep an eye on the AP just in case!

and good luck on getting the right Neb color! xd.png

Edited by Ae0nian

Any thoughts on what I should do for this guy? I have serious doubts about whether I can find an EXACT counterpart for that...

I agree Golden Wyvern looks pretty good. Check it out. GW is a more of a bronze-toned gold compared to the bright yellow of the Gold metallic and Gold Shimmers, anyway. I've been planning on using GWs as a counterpart for Bronze Tinsel in another lineage, it looks nice.

Edited by Tecca

Stopping by to share a few recently completed projects. As always, I am in awe of the creativity, good taste, and patience of everyone here! Anyhow, this is what I've been up to lately:

yellow/gold tones - I can't take much credit for this because the 3rd gen male was a very kind gift and the design for his mate seemed like a no-brainer. In any case, I'm really happy with the end result!

lumina with spriter alt base - I guess there's nothing really special about this one but I'm a sucker for spriter alts biggrin.gif

"Into the West" rainbow pygmies - far and away my favorite thing I've done on DC. This is a commemorative lineage for two of my hamsters, who passed away in December of last year and January of this year. The names come from lyrics to Annie Lennox's "Into the West" (end theme from Return of the King). Rather than continuing each generation with the breeds on the ends, which gives a narrowing effect, I used the breeds in the middle to give a sense of opening up and going on past the visible end point, which seems fitting for the song. I thinks some people here helped me get CB pygmies with the dates I needed, so many thanks if you were one of them. <3

@maiou - that is a very impressive pygmy lineage. And I see what you mean about opening it up with the way you used the breeds. I like that.

I just recently got back into DC and remembered almost instantly that I was working on something like this and that was where it had ended. I wanted to keep it to a white stripe for as long as possible, but my pairings wanted to just keep giving me reds and greens. Well, I also forgot that I had gotten some people to also gift me eggs giving me 2 more possible pairings, but I'm now left with this and this. I also just noticed that one of those was from a pairing I've already done, and now I'm kind of wanting my other gen 3 to be another Black Stripe to have an alternating lineage. So that gen 3 on 1 side is Black Stripe, and Gen 4 for the other family line is also Black Stripe. Might not make a whole lot of sense, cause I think I'm a little tired.

Thanks for the congrats everyone! biggrin.gif It took me about 2 years to get to that 7th gen so, needless to say, I'm super excited to finally be able to say it's done. My green Nebula X GW is nearing completion as well but it still has a bit of a ways to go. Then I can take a break from the Nebs. xd.png

A couple of years ago i started a lineage i thought would be nice to try and finish for christmas and themed it red and green (red dragons and green nebs) and now after i don't know how many refusals, wrong alts i just need THIS neb to alt correctly and not refuse HER and i'll be finished with this lineage and be happy to not try anything with nebulas for a while lol tongue.gif

Original plan was to breed this checker with THIS red/green themed 5th gen i started at the same time (and finished in 2012 lol) but now i am not sure.