El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

ESO's new model: Buy game. Do not pay more to play game each month. Option to pay more to play game each month for perks.

SWOTR is (now): Do not buy game. Do not pay more to play game each month. Option to pay more to play game each month for perks. I had fun for it for a little while at least.

Well, its technically not free to play if you still have to buy it. But you don't have to have a subscription any more, thank goodness.

Senche-tiger mount for people subscribed since launch! IT'S SO AWESOME. biggrin.gif

Edited by Dawnwing

I love Skyrim and after all these years I still find new things to do! (Don't tell me what happens in the main story though! I've made it my solemn duty to completely avoid it so that I will always know that I have just one more thing to do biggrin.gif )

Does anyone else wish that they would incorporate a Minecraft-esque multiplayer system? I want Skyrim to have an option where you can make your game world open to friends, so they can join your adventure but you are still the main character. Get what I mean? It is still your story, and they can do some quests, but not like major game-changing ones. Maybe there would even be guest-only quests. That would be fun because then you'd want to explore a friend's world too. It would make showing my friends around a lot easier.

A big example I thought of is like, if they wanted to be in the Darkbrotherhood, or the Companions, SPOILER ALERT!

they could become a member and do the mind-numbing assassinations or hunts like you do after you're Listener and the new leader or the Harbinger, where you just kill pointless, nameless NPCs and mobs to your heart's content. They would then be able to do the story with you kind of, with little quests of their own, once you activated the story. It might get tricky though if you opt to destroy the Darkbrotherhood. But that's just my idea of how that could work.

END SPOILER ALERT

If this were to become a thing, I'd be willing to start a new game and redo everything completely just to have a multiplayer-able save. I'd have to keep using my Khajiit though wink.gif

Edited by DovahInAhrkZoriik

Update 6 is live! It's fun seeing everyone try to steal stuff and then have the guards after them. tongue.gif

Edited by Dawnwing

so is it worth buying now (cause I saw the disk for $20(the original one))? the original version, that way when it comes as buy once no sub fee, I can go instantly into the action? does it work like that?

Yes, if you're an ES fan, I'd say it's definitely worth the initial price. I've posted my review of the game here.

And yep, that's exactly how it works; already-purchased copies count for when it changes. In fact if you buy it now, 30 days sub comes free with the purchase of the game, as long as you enter in credit card information, so you could actually start playing right now. Just be sure to cancel the subscription right away though, otherwise it'll renew and do the ESO Plus optional subscription after the days are up. (You'd still get the rest of the 30 days after canceling.)

Bwahahaha *evil face* , I might go see if they have at my local eb games, and if they have it for $20, I shall get and I will serve hurcine............

how much is the sub fee and for one payment how long does it last? for ESO.

Edited by zorua9

$14.99 / €12.99 / £8.99 for thirty days of subscription.

If you wait until the 17th of March, the developers are making the PC version buy to play. Meaning you'll only have to purchase the game and then you can play it thereafter for free.

There's an FAQ page also mentions DLC such as extra quests and areas requiring a purchase or subscription. As seen below:

QUOTE (FAQ Page - https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home?region=UK)
What is downloadable content (also known as DLC)?

DLC for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited consists of game packs with optional adventuring content (zones, quests, etc.) added to the game to enhance your game play experience should you choose. It is not required.

How can I get this downloadable content?

How can I get this downloadable content?

DLC will be available for purchase in the Crown Store on an a la carte basis.  DLC purchased on an a la carte basis will be available to you for as long as The Elder Scrolls Online is available.  Members of ESO Plus will receive complimentary access to all DLC game packs for the duration of their membership.

Do I lose all items and rewards earned from DLC if my ESO Plus membership ends?

No. You will lose access to the DLC areas and quests should your membership lapse (unless you purchase the DLC separately in the Crown Store), but you will keep all items and rewards earned  through the content.

I am confused, ESO (twitter) said that the game is going f2p (by once....) on 17th this month, yet my online gaming stores say it will come out 3 months from now, which is correct.....

I would love to get the ESO and play a khajiit; just after march the 17 - however, the price of the game in-store might be higher than 14$ =/

however, the price of the game in-store might be higher than 14$ =/

I know the feeling....... i'll have to wait till I get paid next, then i'll pluck up the courage to buy it digitally.....

I am currently replaying Skyrim for the sixth time and the experience is always awesome made even MORE awesome by the Gigabytes, upon gigabytes upon gigabytes of mods and tweaks and user content. My god the game has never been so good, I frickin LOVE the people on SkyrimNexus. And the HD textures mods make the already beautasmic game even more amazing to look at.

Also I've tried Elder Scrolls Online. It just takes a giant deuce on the experiences I fondly cherish from the Elder Scrolls games. I don't like it, but that's just me.

Edited by Brotato

I've been wanting to play Skyrim for a while but can't really since I don't have my laptop (big mess involving it BSOD'ing with a video-card failure randomly whenever I was on the internet; if you have an ATI video card and use Firefox/Chrome, make sure the "use hardware acceleration when available" option is disabled!) at the moment, and it doesn't work too well on the desktop. And by that, I mean it runs rather choppily when it comes to FPS.

So many amazing mods for it. Recolors in particular for animals/weapons/armor.

I would love to get the ESO and play a khajiit; just after march the 17 - however, the price of the game in-store might be higher than 14$ =/

The game in store, at least in America, is 60$.

I play Skyrim on both xbox 360 and my laptop, and my laptop is 2gb ram...... mind you I get low fps, but the experience is still amazing.

Yea, I see were you can activate a physical copy of eso. I might, just might get eso today..... depending, and if not this week then next week.

EDIT: yea, I has to wait till I gets paid next......... dat wait xd.png

Edited by zorua9

Is it okay to plug Let's Plays in this thread? Because I've been working on a Skyrim Let's Play for a month or two and it'd be nice to get a few more people watching it.

I'll watch it, I posted my "how to make minecraft run faster" on the minecraft topic and didn't get scolded by the mods for posting it...... so if you want, just link the youtube vid and i'll watch it.

Edited by zorua9

Minecraft and Skyrim are both amazing games! and then with the elder scrolls online that came out, now both are MMO's! laugh.gif i play both all the time but have ye to get the elder scrolls online, what is it like? like all of Tamriel or...?