El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

yea it has all of tamriel, you choose from 3 factions that have 3 races each, except imperials, unless you get the deluxe and then you can play as them and be in any faction. you can be a werewolf or a vampire. from what it looks like, it might just work on my laptop (specs are win 8.1, 2gb ram, and 1.8ghz dual core, DirectX11).

and now you only have to buy it once and you have for ever, just like le minecraft.

I recently bought ESO and I really enjoy it. I haven't gotten very far in it, but it's definitely a very beautiful game so far. I'm playing a Bosmer in the Aldmeri Dominion.

Does ESO have difficulty levels? With Skyrim I started off with super easy (or whatever it was called) and gradually worked my way through the difficulty levels until I found the right one for me.

super easy is called novice, and I am not sure about the difficulty, I guess it gets easier/harder depending on your level and play style and how well you perform in game.

Minecraft and Skyrim are both amazing games! and then with the elder scrolls online that came out, now both are MMO's!  laugh.gif  i play both all the time but have ye to get the elder scrolls online, what is it like? like all of Tamriel or...?

There's regions from all of Tamriel, though not all of every region is in there (for example, Black Marsh, Summerset Isle, and Elsweyr basically only have one available region in them apiece). You can see specifically where the playable regions are here (left-click to zoom in, right-click to zoom back out to the bigger map): http://esomap.uesp.net/

Your character is from one of three Alliances. There's the Alliance questline to do, and you can join both the Mages Guild and Fighters Guild (the questline is the same no matter which alliance you're in), there's the main quest, and then there's quests scattered throughout towns and the world. Players from any alliance (after lv 10) can enter Cyrodiil, where PvP occurs (although there's caves and NPC quests and stuff too.) After you complete the main storyline (not sure what all the requirements are), you can use the same character to play the other two Alliances (it's explained in-game as this is Meridia showing you what things would have been like if you had been teleported out of Coldharbour to a different shore.) Or you can have multiple characters, for multiple Alliances smile.gif

Does ESO have difficulty levels? With Skyrim I started off with super easy (or whatever it was called) and gradually worked my way through the difficulty levels until I found the right one for me.

Nope, there's no settings like that (otherwise it wouldn't be fair, 'cause you're playing with other people.) It's not bad, though; I don't know of anyone saying that combat's too hard unless they're going into an area underleveled. You might have trouble with bosses, but if that's the case, you can ask other people for help (well, some bosses are meant to be for a group to fight), just as long as it's not part of a solo quest (main quest, for instance. And in those cases, you can just come back later after leveling up some more).

is cross server guilds a thing in eso? as if I get eso I would like to join one of you guys (and gals) guilds.

Nope. On PC/Mac, the North American and European servers have their own guilds, and each console will be on its own server and have its own guild too. I'm on the UESP, and we had to set up two separate guilds, because some users play on the NA server and some on EU and guilds aren't cross-server.

yay's I gots ESO now........ now all I need is to install it and hope that it runs more then 20fps so I can play it

lol, it is 20.5gb left of installation........ HURRY UP PLS.

also, the mega server I chose was north America....... does mega server mean that is one giant server with no other servers (like in WoW were you have the country, then you have the servers like durotan and zul-gurub)?

The updates are killer in size for people on slow internet, especially when they're huge!

Yes, Mega Server means you can play with anyone in the world provided they are on the same Mega Server as you and on the same platform (Xbox, PS, PC/MAC). For example, you chose the North American Mega Server, if someone in Europe also chose to play on the NA Mega Server, you could play with them and add them to your friends list, among other things.

However, you can't interact with people from other factions as you unless it's in Guild Chat (don't quote me on that, it's been ages since I played). I recall seeing Guild Chat from people in the Aldmeri Dominion whilst I played in Ebonheart Pact anyway.

I don't play much at all, but if you need things like certain research traits, hit me up via PM here first and then I'll see about getting in game and sending stuff over. I have all traits for all items except nirnhorned or whatever it is. So that's Sturdy, Impenetrable, Reinforced, Well-fitted, Training, Infused, Exploration and Divines for armours and Powered, Charged, Precise, Infused, Defending, Training, Sharpened and Weighted for weapons. Don't worry about repaying or anything like that (though I might need the gems 1:1 if I'm out or low), I don't play the game enough to bother about money on it. I'm on the NA Server for PC/MAC. I've sent stuff to people in all factions so that's not an issue, however if you're only comfortable with giving me character names (which is totally cool with me), you'll need to tell me the faction so I can ensure it gets sent from one of my other faction characters.

I'm actually sorta thinking of getting this now. My only concern is that I'll have to solo most of the game because I mess about too much for co-op.

the main type of download speed is 450 kb/s but at the moment of typing this it is at 15 kb/s

xd.png I went to my friends house who has 1.6 mb/s and got to 20.5 before I left.

is anyone having trouble when they stop the main installation of the game and either turning of their pc (laptop, mac or desktop) and then it either starting a new download (like a patch) or it is stuck on verification of files, and also when you go to scan for repair you have to re-install the entire 31gb again?

check on UESP (unofficial elder scrolls page), they are almost very detailed guides on tes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, redguard, battlespire, and online.

@Zorua: Sorry, I don't have any suggestions about your installation issue. If you continue to have trouble, though, I'd submit a support ticket. Their customer support's pretty good.

Also, yay for UESP. I'm very involved with that site. smile.gif

Are there houses in Online?

Nope. Player houses are something they've said they'd like to add somewhere down the road, but there are no plans for it right now.

I'm actually sorta thinking of getting this now. My only concern is that I'll have to solo most of the game because I mess about too much for co-op.

Well, a lot of the game is solo, really. You can quest with others if you want, but it's mostly doable solo (well, aside from Craglorn and some of Cyrodiil's caves and stuff). It's just basically the zone bosses that you'll need to call in others for, and maybe one or two bosses in quests (I've had just one so far that I needed to team up with someone else in order to beat).

whos in whos guild, also, I think if I do close down the installation I have to restart my laptop or it stuffs up........

and also about player housing, if you are in a guild you could use there guild house like garrisons in wow.... except without work orders and follower missions......

a separate question to the one above, does ESO run slightly faster then Skyrim....... as I run Skyrim with 15fps.

whos in whos guild.

I'm in the UESP guild; it's a guild for editors and users of the site.

a separate question to the one above, does ESO run slightly faster then Skyrim....... as I run Skyrim with 15fps.

On my gaming PC it does. ESO runs at around 60 fps, while Skyrim (no mods, just official high-res texture pack) I think at 30ish, at least in The Rift with the more complex trees the one time I checked it.

my pc spec: 2gb ram, win8.1, intel hd proccesser (intergrated and it says 2 cores) and directx 11 thing. If I use medium settings on eso and I get 30fps on average, I will be an extremely lucky boy.

8.5gb left of the main download...... I am super duper excited :3

No houses yet? Aw. I like having a base to dump all my stuff. I hoard ingredients, soul gems and materials a lot.

Do you have followers in Online?

you have banks for storage space, and no I do not believe you get followers unless they are quest related.

Oh yeah I heard about the banks.

Are they store X amount of items total or store X amount of different items?

i am pretty sure you do have a limit to what you can put in, and also I do believe items stacks so say you have 50 lesser soulgems they will be in one stack, thus taking only 1 slot of space

i am pretty sure you do have a limit to what you can put in, and also I do believe items stacks so say you have 50 lesser soulgems they will be in one stack, thus taking only 1 slot of space

Coolbeans ^-^

Another question (I'll probably keep asking stuff for a bit tongue.gif), vendors? I heard you can sell stuff to other players, but are there in game shops where I can just sell junk and move on? If so do they always have gold or do I need to wait X amount of days for them to restock like in Skyrim?

Another question (I'll probably keep asking stuff for a bit tongue.gif), vendors? I heard you can sell stuff to other players, but are there in game shops where I can just sell junk and move on? If so do they always have gold or do I need to wait X amount of days for them to restock like in Skyrim?

yes, you can sell your "junk" to the vendors, just like in wow they don't have a set limit of gold (as you don't see how much they have), so I am guessing if you try and pickpocket them, then you can steal that gold, but that gold has a cooldown to when it respawns in the npc, and on the ow thing, you just give them items for gold and they don't run out of gold.

yes you sell off stuff to vendors so you have more gold and space in your bags, and no, they do not run out of gold when you sell stuff to them.