El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

When I played my first character, an Imperial, I just explored and did what I could. xd.png I joined the Thieves Guild and then the Dark Brotherhood and became a vampire, for instance. When I played my second character, a High Elf, I attempted to maintain a law-abiding character. =P

At the start of the game, I played my character as a mage. When I got to the high levels, my character was a sneaking spellcaster wearing heavy armor. laugh.gif

Oh and so far, I always side with the Imperials! ^^

Edited by Natevaelle

Recently, I've got myself into playing Oblivion, so much so that i'm wasting whole days on it, just like I did with Skyrim. I'm really enjoying it's RPG theme and range of quests and factions as well as the all the differences it has in comparison to Skyrim (such as that hilarious aerobatics skill i'm having way too much fun with.)

I've always played a Khajiit during my experiences of TES (basically for Night eye) but Oblivion has definitely managed to make me appreciate them for what they are in Skyrim (my character in Oblivion looks like it's smeared ravioli all over itself.)

Since i'm on console, I can't mod anything but i've managed to get used to it; I think it's quite interesting to see how TES has evolved over the years. smile.gif

As for future TES games, i'm hoping Bethesda will expand their singleplayer games into the other provinces (particularly Elsweyr or Black Marsh.) I know TESO is trying to expand into all provinces using DLC and such but I do enjoy the immersion their singleplayer games give and think it would be a shame if they decide to stop making them altogether. sad.gif Otherwise, maybe it would be nice to have a remake of some previous games (e.g. Morrowind.) I enjoyed wondering round Solstheim in one of Skyrim's DLCs so maybe it would be interesting to explore Morrowind all remastered. smile.gif

I love Skyrim

I'll never forget how bug filled my first ever playthrough was. Within the first hour or 2 of gameplay... all of these hilarious bugs happened.

1. The Chariot ride at the beginning of the game glitched out.

I had to restart. xd.png

2. On the way to Whiterun, a random mammoth just fell out of the sky, completely out of nowhere.

3. Upon reaching whiterun and talking to the Jarl ... the guard standing on the left hand side of the jarl had no armer and was just stood there in a helmet, boots, and his underwear. >.<

4. upon killing the first dragon - EVERY TIME i fast travelled, the dragon's skeleton fell out of the sky alongside me. o.O

5. and for some reason, at the stables, the horse was half in the ground with its butt sticking out?

I just knew I'd love this game. And I did, still do. biggrin.gif

You play on the PC or on console? 'Cuz if you're on the former, I know a group that's perennially short for dungeons... I play a healer-Templar, both EP and AD. ;>

That group finder is endlessly broken and I hate it. Always have way more luck just poking the in-game chat for group members.

I can't wait to get the remastered edition of Skyrim. Could spend days just watching the scenery, falling glitched mammoths and all.

Console, PS4. I usually spend my time soloing what I can, work on the craft skills I've ignored till now, & just explore endlessly. When I need to relax, I hop on my favorite mount, pick a direction & run. Sometimes that run is cut short because I'll spot some random craft component that suddenly demands to be harvested NOW!

Trickseh, those glitches are hilarious. I think I laughed a lot more than I expected at the chariot ride glitch. laugh.gif The only glitch that I experienced that was memorable enough to stick to memory was how my courier was just in his undergarments all the time. It was especially funny when he had to deliver some serious news to me with such an appearance.

Skyrim has been around for a few years but I always have new experiences with it. ^^

1. The Chariot ride at the beginning of the game glitched out.
I had to restart. xd.png

Yeah, I had a different glitch in the Chariot scene. I'd just started a second game file, so I knew what was supposed to happen. It opened up like normal, just chilling in the chariot. I had to pause the game, and when I came back, all the people in my chariot were out of it... Guards, Ulfric, me, everyone. The chariots in front and behind were still moving, but they were moving in place, not going anywhere... It was an interesting glitch. I could look around, but not walk, just like normal. I was just off to the left of the road, watching the chariot I used to be in... It was quite amusing.

True, the glitches are hilarious - it's amazing that after nearly 5 years there are still a heck-ton of glitches in the game that were never patched.

Take the glitch/exploit, where you can jump out of the city over the wall, in whiterun, and get access to the chest under the skyforge, for example xd.png

Also, I started a new game a while ago, and the WHOLE. DARK. BROTHERHOOD. were in their undergarments this time. I can no longer take the assasins seriously. ever. xd.png

I used to have Oblivion but it was borrowed and had to be returned. I barely remember anything about it, just that the Oblivion Gates used to really stress me out.

Skyrim's one of my favourite games though. I loved the general atmosphere of the game, the weapons, etc. I haven't touched it in awhile, but last I left off, I was unchecking a lot of side quests. I thought it would be a good idea to have every single one marked on the map, which resulted in a mass of icons everywhere.

My favourite guilds are the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood. No spoilers here, just saying I was disappointed with the last Dark Brotherhood quests (the last last one in particular).

I had several diseases for the longest time and didn't notice any of them until I got Sanguinare Vampiris and was about || close to becoming a vampire (which I really didn't want).

I started hoarding skulls and my bed in Riften is covered in them. I love seeing pictures of people's hoards.

So, the "Morrowind" expansion for ESO has been announced in the last few weeks - it's a extra-large expansion that they call a "Chapter" (which will not be included in ESO Plus) that will add the entire island of Vvardenfell, a new "Warden" class, and 4v4v4 "battlegrounds", among other things. I've typed a summary of everything we know here: http://blog.uesp.net/index.php/2017/02/01/...pansion-what-we

I never really played a lot of Morrowind myself: I've been kind of working my way backward in the series and simply hadn't gotten to it much yet. But I imagine it will be very nostalgic for those that have.

Lately I've gotten into ESO again: whenever I have played, I've mostly been doing work on the UESP wiki, so now I've gotten back into the actual game again. I wasn't fond of the way they implemented housing at first, but it's growing on me. Just wish they weren't so expensive, though. I just decided to go for Forsaken Stronghold with Crowns since it would take me months to save up for it in gold and I wouldn't have any gold left over for decorations.

I remember Morrowind when it first came out. I was in college, and I skipped class to play it, even though my graphics card couldn't quite handle it and it would crash a lot. I played as a Spellsword, I think. I still have my original copy of the game. I went back and tried to pay as an Agent class recently, as that matches the play styles I've used in Oblivion and Skyrim, and it is just so unbearable. You move so damn slow when you're sneaking! xd.png

I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. All great games. Morrowind is probably my favorite in terms of story with Oblivion coming second in that regard. I loved the spellcasting in Oblivion and the whole Dragonborn shouts in Skyrim.

Although, I got kinda locked off from the Mages Guild questline in Oblivion for one of my characters. Basically, early on in the main questline I joined the Mages Guild and sorta forgot about it. Then I went on to finish the main quest afterwards. Problem was, during the main quest I killed some high ranking member of the MG because he was hostile or something. When I came to one of the guild buildings to start the MG questline they said I had been banned and needed to collect 50 daedra hearts or some other large number to rejoin. Normally this would be easy because of the Oblivion gates, but of course they were all closed since I finished the main quest. That means daedra hearts are hard to find so it would take ages to find enough.

Long shot, but does anyone know if there has been anything about ESVI?

There haven't been any official news, no, but a few years ago a Bethesda memo was leaked asking employees not to mention a bunch of keywords and names during E3. On the list were things like "Fallout Nuka World" that were later confirmed real and released. On that same list was TES VI along with (potential spoiler if you want to wait for launch) "Project Greenheart", where Greenheart is a city in Valenwood. Of course, keep in mind this is just a leak and it could be fake, but I honestly doubt it at this point when so many things from the list were confirmed real.

Ok. Thanks.

I'm kinda missing Elder Scrolls, but don't really want to Skyrim again.

I really hope they release some sort of announcement that they are starting to consider working on TES: VI in 2018 as Bethesda have said that they aren't considering making TES: VI at this point in time.

How is ESO going for everyone, anyone enjoying the new dwarven dlc?

Oh boy. Reinstalled Morrowind about a week and a half ago and got totally obsessed with it again. :D Level 38, reputation 88, almost all attributes except Luck maxed out, playing a mod-added race (a bird-humanoid thing). Vanilla main quest done and Tribunal main quest almost done, haven't started Bloodmoon yet. Head of House Hlaalu and the Imperial Cult, almost finished Thieves Guild, halfway through the Morag Tong, and started up Fighters Guild and Mages Guild. Been collecting artifacts and Daedric items and other unique items on the side.

I love this game so much. It's so perfect for an obsessive completionist/kleptomaniac like myself. So many factions to join and finish, so many unique items to pick up and put on display.

14 hours ago, zorua9 said:

I really hope they release some sort of announcement that they are starting to consider working on TES: VI in 2018 as Bethesda have said that they aren't considering making TES: VI at this point in time.

How is ESO going for everyone, anyone enjoying the new dwarven dlc?

Been out of the loop on ESO for a bit, didn't know they released a new DLC. Picking it up for the Xbox One sometime so maybe will get it then. Need Morrowind too.

Well it's been a few years since anyone's kicked this thread: TES VI was announced at E3 in 2018, skyrim got rereleased maybe four more times, and I just got this goof today on Outplayed (please please please work)

EDIT: It works!

Edited by Impulsive_Egg

Been playing this game basically since its came out haha i play it almost everyday still, theres so much to do and it never gets boring as long as i have something to do, i don't really want anything else added since they made a big update for the 10th anniversary, but even before that the game was perfect to me the only thing i'd want is probably just simple bug fixes and stuff because some of them are really annoying and almost ruin my entire game x( i'd honestly wish they had more character design choices like different body patterns on like Khajiits or Argonians. i know the game is pretty old but thats kinda a simple little touch i'd want so your character could be more unique. i really want to get oblivion sometime maybe for a christmas present or something because ive never played it and i feel like a failure because thats like the first step in learning about the lore because oblivion had more like lore dialogue. I've also been trying to play ESO but my fricking ps4 wont update it and ugh!! theres also so much lore in that game too but the game is like a pay to win and i kinda get bored of it because i feel like a noob lmao. but yeah Skyrim is def my fav game like basically ever because i've honestly grew up with it and i feel so connected with the characters and my followers because ive had them for so long so the game is basically a get away for me now because the game is so beautiful, im not the biggest pro or anything at the game i just take my time and try to enjoy it instead of rushing through haha i got a platinum trophy like a week ago and im so happy im like 96% done with the games trophy i've been trying to grind and build the hearthfire add on houses and man they are expensive as hell let me tell you, and extremely time consuming !! :raptor::blink:

I really wish I didn't hate online gaming so much or I'd play ESO. I've been playing since 2003 with Morrowind (when I moved in with my now-husband, he got me hooked lol), and I would love to experience the lore, but I just cannot stand online gaming, and prefer a single person experience for maximum immersion. (I've also had terrible experience with lag and other stuff. Haven't played online stuff since probably 2002, to be fair.

This year, it seems ESVI has entered into active production, so that's good I guess? (Apparently in August) Last I heard it was slated for a 2026-2028 release. Considering it's been in pre-production since 2018... game better be amazing.

In June 2023, Phil Spencer provided an update on the game's release timing at a Federal Trade Commission (FTC) hearing concerning Microsoft's proposed acquisition of Activision-Blizzard, stating that the title was still estimated to be "five plus years away" from launch, and that any target platforms were undecided at that particular stage.[22] Leaked internal documents submitted to the FTC from the trial period reconfirmed the game's exclusivity to Xbox and PC, while also revealing the game was anticipated to launch in 2026 at the earliest. From the Wiki regarding ESVI. Zero info on what it's about or where it is going to be set, but you know. They never drop the big stuff till like a year out.