El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

I kind of regret my choice in spouse. I know you can only one per game, but if I was to *ahem* 'divorce' Ghorbash, what happens to the body? I've never killed a follower/house person before (at least on purpose).

Just download the divorce mod tongue.gif

Just download the divorce mod tongue.gif

Playing on the PS3.

Going to keep him alive until I fully level my one handed weapon skill (extra 5% exp), then maybe I'll break out that sword I got from behind that door in Whiterun...

I am going to try and get eso in pisical form, but my laptop has no disc drive, can I redeem it online you can do with WoW?

Yep, you can. When you get the game, it should come with the code. Create an account at elderscrollsonline.com, and then you can go to account.elderscrollsonline.com and redeem the code. There is a "Download game" link on the account page.

Yep, you can. When you get the game, it should come with the code. Create an account at elderscrollsonline.com, and then you can go to account.elderscrollsonline.com and redeem the code. There is a "Download game" link on the account page.

ty, 80g for installation......... *checks hard drives* well 174 - 80 ........ xd.png

The Elder Scrolls games are #1 in my 3 top game series. Skyrim is one of my all-time favs (PS3), and I got a new PC for Christmas from my husband, so now I'm delving into ESO.

Oh dear, it seems you all have taken arrows to the knees.

And someone stole my sweetroll!

And someone stole my sweetroll!

Seriously, someone needs to make a mod to explore what happened to the stolen Sweetroll...

Not that I could play it, since my version of Skyrim is on the PS3, but still... It would amuse me. tongue.gif

Been reading the UESP and discovered that Khajiit come in several different kinds. I wonder if we will see some of the other types in TES6?

I just had to share this...

Me: Do you know why I finally decided to play Skyrim? The part that made me stop putting it off?

Dan: Something that I was doing that you couldn't wait to do?

Me: Actually, something you weren't doing. I knew how the crafting worked, and the enchanting, and all... But I wanted to see how this other part worked.

Dan: ...Was it the quests?

Me: ... True, you don't really do those, do you?

Dan: ... I'm guessing I'm never going to hear the end of this am I?

I'm accidentally-ing a new save file. Who knows if I'll do anything different (I won't), since I always just... try to join everything. I just hope I don't accidentally start the Dragonborn DLC again. Last game I did that and, well, could hardly learn new shouts because of Mar-the-jerk stealing half of my souls. :|

I'm accidentally-ing a new save file. Who knows if I'll do anything different (I won't), since I always just... try to join everything. I just hope I don't accidentally start the Dragonborn DLC again. Last game I did that and, well, could hardly learn new shouts because of Mar-the-jerk stealing half of my souls. :|

It will automatically start you on the Dragonborn DLC (if it's installed) after you reach a certain point in the main questline (when the Greybeards give you the quest to find the horn, if I recall).

That said, Miraak won't start doing his thing until you reach a certain part of that questline, after you meet him the first time, so as long as you don't find his Temple in Solstheim you'll be fine. (That's the part where I'm at in that quest, and he hasn't shown up yet).

He will show up sometime after that, but as I haven't gotten further, I can't vouch for where.

(Easy way, of course, is to delay on going to Solstheim until you're ready for him to start stealing them. Then you are guaranteed to not accidentally get that far.)

It will automatically start you on the Dragonborn DLC (if it's installed) after you reach a certain point in the main questline (when the Greybeards give you the quest to find the horn, if I recall).

That said, Miraak won't start doing his thing until you reach a certain part of that questline, after you meet him the first time, so as long as you don't find his Temple in Solstheim you'll be fine. (That's the part where I'm at in that quest, and he hasn't shown up yet).

He will show up sometime after that, but as I haven't gotten further, I can't vouch for where.

(Easy way, of course, is to delay on going to Solstheim until you're ready for him to start stealing them. Then you are guaranteed to not accidentally get that far.)

Thanks for that confirmation. I was too low-level last time I accidentally activated that steal-y part. It made the game not-the-fun.

Thanks for that confirmation. I was too low-level last time I accidentally activated that steal-y part. It made the game not-the-fun.

Wether or not he steals your dragon souls is also determined immediately on upon the dragon's death. You can save the game when a dragon is low on health and restart if Miraak shows up, and still get the soul. Helped me a lot, because I ended up in the same situation as you. I did the Temple of Miraak quest at freaking level 6. Oops. :/ Had to make my follower fight the bosses because one hit would practically kill me. So by the time I was actually high enough to fight dragons by myself, it was too late to undo that part of the quest line.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Looks like the news hasn't been shared here yet: ESO's got a release date for console, and its payment model is changing!

The release date for XBox One and PS4 is June 9th.

As far as the payment model, the change goes into effect automatically for PC/Mac on March 17th and will be out with release for console. It will now be pay-to-play: the initial purchase is required, but they will no longer require a subscription fee. They will, however, offer a premium account subscription, for the same price as the current sub: it gives access to all DLC, xp boosts, and a monthly stipend of currency for the upcoming in-game store. (Otherwise, just purchasing the game gives you access to everything up to and including Update 6, and DLCs can be purchased separately.)

http://www.bethblog.com/2015/01/21/eso-tam...-on-march-17th/

Edited by Dawnwing

I'm still not sure about ESO. I mean, it looks pretty, but I'm not sure I'd be able to play it enough to warrant the monthly fee.

I'm still not sure about ESO. I mean, it looks pretty, but I'm not sure I'd be able to play it enough to warrant the monthly fee.

Like I just said in my last post, the payment model is changing. Starting March 17th for PC/Mac (and at launch in June for consoles), you only need to pay for the game itself, and you will no longer be required to pay a monthly fee.

After the change, the sub fee is optional and gives you a monthly stipend of in-game currency and access to all DLC while your sub is active, basically.

Edited by Dawnwing

Aw man, I'm so happy we don't have to pay the sub fees anymore. That was seriously holding me back from getting ESO. Now I'm gonna slap 100$ on that collector's edition for the PS4, heh.

So now ESO is F2P for PC and you still have to pay for it on Xbox? Cuz I want to get it for Xbox so it's easier for me to play.

So now ESO is F2P for PC and you still have to pay for it on Xbox? Cuz I want to get it for Xbox so it's easier for me to play.

You still purchase the game for all platforms. You no longer have to purchase a subscription to play on top of paying for the game. There is an optional subscription for monthly perks, though.

oh, that sounds cool, no sub for eso, but it also bad for business..... like what happened to swotr......