El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

Does anybody have any idea why I'm a level 28 dragonborn with just two dragons spawned in all the time I've played

Skyrim plz give me dragons

I barely even fast travel, I like to explore and find places. I mostly fast travel to turn in quests and ditch stuff in whiterun.

I find that I get more dragons when I do fast travel. Don't travel to a city, though. Just fast travel to some random place outside and hang around for a bit. If nothing shows up, fast travel somewhere else.

Does anybody have any idea why I'm a level 28 dragonborn with just two dragons spawned in all the time I've played

you could do word walls, ask the grey beards if they can locate a word of power, or if you have killed paathurnax (you cruel person) talk to the blades (esbern or delphine), and you could ask the jarls or stewards for bounties, they either give bandit or dragon quests, oh and the companions also sometimes give dragon quest (I think either vilkas or farkas do). look for the dragon head looking icons on the map, they spawn dragons (only one) and awesome thing is, that the dragons were those icons are respawn over time.

I got the Tales of Tamriel: Volume 1: The Land book today. It's a compilation of in-game lorebooks, paired with lovely artwork. It's pretty nice. smile.gif

There'll be two ESO volumes, and three Skyrim volumes.

Can anyone with ESO tell me how leveling up works? I mean, is it like Skyrim where the more you use a skill you get better at it or is there another system?

yes, it is kinda like skyrim, but not fully like it, you can use dual wielding, two handed, resto staff, dmg staff, bow, one hand and shield, and using them will level them, and then you got your classes skills to also level up, like with mage you have dark magic and some over stuff, if you use them, they will add to your XP so you can level up, but your profession (like clothing and blacksmithing) do not count towards your level XP, instead each profession has its own level (even though you don't get a skill point each time it levels up), and when you level your professions you open up skills (witch when you level you get a skill point to spend in your skill tree (were your dark magic and two handed stuff are)) that help you with that profession.

I have a question about skill points?

Can you use skill points earned in any skill line, or just the one you unlocked it in?

as your skills level they unlock perks (like in skyrim) so when you have a spare point to spend in say "daedric summoning" you can get that awesome spell you've always wanted but just had to lvl that skill up.

Oh okay (I think).

I kind of want to be a two handed sword/bow using Bosmer. I've been trying to research the Green Pact so I can try and stay 'true' to the character.

Oh okay (I think).

I kind of want to be a two handed sword/bow using Bosmer. I've been trying to research the Green Pact so I can try and stay 'true' to the character.

If you're staying true to the Green Pact, the major thing to affect your gameplay will probably be that you're not supposed to pick any plants in Valenwood, on pain of death. There's actually a quest revolving around this somewhere in Valenwood: a Bosmer is dying of illness, and suddenly the plant that'll cure it has been picked, so they know that someone broke the Pact, and you have to figure out who it was.

Can anyone with ESO tell me how leveling up works? I mean, is it like Skyrim where the more you use a skill you get better at it or is there another system?

Yeah, more or less. Each skill levels up (and as it does, there's more abilities available to spend skill points on), and contributes to your overall level. (Your overall level is also most influenced by questing and exploring.) Each ability has its own experience bar too; they can be "morphed" when the level is high enough, meaning you spend a second skill point on that skill to add one of two additional abilities (for example, morphing might give the ability a longer duration, or reduce the cost, or increase the amount of healing done, or it might add an additional effect, such as stunning the enemy).

I have a question about skill points?

Can you use skill points earned in any skill line, or just the one you unlocked it in?

Any. Skill points are unlocked by finding Skyshards (crystals scattered around the world that can only be used once... 3 skyshards = 1 skill point), completing quests in the main questline (not sure about the faction/alliance quests), and leveling up I think. The skill points count for any weapon skill or crafting profession. This can be for hotbar abilities (attacks), morphing said hotbar abilities, or else passive bonuses (tip: in the Soul Magic line, there's a passive ability that lets you respawn in place once (later twice) per hour without spending a soul gem.)

Thanks Dawnwing.

All of this is sounding fun o3o

All I need it a wee bit of a price drop. xd.png

Yeah - Just today the steam workshop announced that mod authors had to option to make their content free or paid. Unfortunately, it seems that many mods that were previously free now must be paid for, and people are also stealing mods other people have made and are uploading them to the workshop to monetise them without the author's consent.

This also creates a whole nightmare when it comes to stuff like mods needing other mods to work, mods borrowing content from other mods, mods breaking with new updates, mods not working with other mods, etc.

It seems like a really bad idea and I hope it doesn't take off.

That sounds like a real mess.

Glad I'm planning on getting the P4 version.

I have a few mods installed and so far they are still free. It would have been better to make a tip jar where you can donate to the mod creator. Some mods are very well done and if I found one particularly fantastic I would probably be tempted to donate.

@Fortune86

A mod is basically user made DLC. Using mods is generally at your own risk as there is no guarantee if it will work (there is always the possibility it could corrupt your save) or be compatible with other mods. Skyrim itself can be rather finicky about mods. Mods are a bit too unpredictable to be something you would want to buy.

Edited by crazyflower

I've seen a couple of funny mods for Skyrim, like the one where Alduin turns into Thomas the Tank engine.

Are there any funny glitches in ESO? Like the Giant's Space Program from Skyrim?

I've seen a couple of funny mods for Skyrim, like the one where Alduin turns into Thomas the Tank engine.

told one of my class mates that he can get a mod like that, and he peed (not literally) himself

Are there any funny glitches in ESO? Like the Giant's Space Program from Skyrim?

Nothing quite like that, no. Aside from the occasional quests not proceeding properly - which are few and far between and usually fixed by logging out and in - it's mostly visual, and sometimes NPC behavior.

I guess you have the occasional "falling through the world" glitch too; I've encountered it three or four times, but it seems to be more common on slower computers. One upside to that, however: my friend managed to get outside the playable area and see incomplete areas such as Skingrad in Cyrodiil - on the public server, folks, not the test server. (Mostly however these are just height maps with the name in big letters on the ground - Skingrad had a couple walls and that was it).

In my "glitch recordings" folder on my computer I have a handful:

- An NPC who's fishing, and if you talked to her (she doesn't have any dialogue and doesn't go into conversation), she'd drop her fishing pole and it would float in the air for a second before she picked it up again

- A mudcrab buried halfway in the sand sticking out vertically, and walking around on the legs on one side

- One where two Fighters Guild npcs are normally supposed to be sparring. Instead, they were sheathing and unsheathing their swords at a rapid speed (like, 5+ times per second) and just making grunts and war cries over and over. Eventually they stopped and stood still, but one kept doing the grunting/war cries over and over, just standing, face calm, scratching her head and stuff, except that she keeps opening her mouth wide and yelling over and over.

- One where an NPC is doing the "sword sharpening" animation, with no sword there

- One where a cat vanity pet is walking in place, and the uneven rock it's on causes it to stand on its hindlegs when playing an idle animation

- One where two guards and a Mages Guild member are attacking empty air: the mage is throwing fireballs, while the guards are swinging their swords and blood's splattering out of the empty air

- The funniest to me is a very short one where an NPC's standing with his hand's on his hips, and the broom that he's supposed to be holding is spinning slowly, end over end, diagonally through his body. All of a sudden, he shifts, and it spins quickly in the reverse direction and into his hand.

Aw shame. I quite liked luring random bandits and bounty hunters over to giant camps D:

But the fighter's guild sounds fun o3o

Well it seems the next ES game will take place in Blackmarsh/Argonia. I'm pumped, because Blackmarsh is 2 on my list of which provinces I want in the latest games (1 is Elsweyr). Skyrim is cool, but I hate most of the nords. I also find the scenery to be somewhat colorless (except the hold of Riften), whereas in Oblivion it was very colorful. I also like Cyrodil better because it is more diverse in terms of races and the like. Skyrim is mostly nords.

If you are talking about ESVI, I think that's all just rumour. So far the only people claiming VI will be in Blackmarsh are those terrible clickbait sites.