LoveLost

Trials and Travels OOC

Hehehehe, Zillah is aware of everythying. Everything I tell you!

lol, yes, yes she is Gist smile.gif

And lachy, reading now!

Oh man, Lucius is feeling soooooo out of place right now.

People who might want to execute him being all fluffy speaking of their kids (with feathers?!?!?!?!) and things while he's trying not to barf his bread on the table from all of this fluff.

He's not sure what he's supposed to do. Run away or suffer in place on this unbelievable turn of event. Eating bread to seeing baby pictures of the Princess "sister" in the same day he invaded the place for the heck of it.

So, as part of my rehabilitation into the community, I've been looking through interesting and useful-to-the-RP stuff to see what I can find that other people might not know about. My first find is for anyone playing a Plant Elementian: it's a thing called the sandbox tree, also known as Monkey No-Climb and the dynamite tree. Not even kidding.

The thing about this tree is that instead of bearing more conventional methods of seed dispersal, it utilises explosive dehiscence in its fruit. Now, dehiscence is when a fruit splits open upon maturing, and in the case of explosive dehiscence, the splitting process is so violent that it sends the seeds firing out through the air at speed. In the case of the sandbox tree, however, it sends them out three hundred feet with a sound so loud that it gave rise to its more florid nickname. Also, the sap was used by native tribes to make poisoned arrows and it's covered in massive spikes. Give that thing the Elder Tree treatment and you've got a serious bit of static defence there. Could probably take out a small army...

@LL

So sorry to hear it, it's not serious is it? (Your boss' hospitilization). Praying for the two of you that's got to be rough! Glad your boss trusts you two enough to have you step up to the plate!

@ Everyone:

Aaaaagh, sry, will get in posts as soon as possible.

Also @ Everyone

(and PLEASE don't turn this into a conversation topic laugh.gif , this is not the place, but feel free to PM me if you want)

I'm getting married tomorrow (in 16 hours) (didn't announce it because it's not really something I want posting all over the web) so I will be with internet connection.... but kinda otherwise occupied for the next 2 weeks (honeymoon), and then I'm going to be on a missions trip with my (wife!!!!) for the next 4 months (but we will have internet so I won't be absent don't worry, just a bit of a life change)

Praise God for his wonderful workings! cool.gif

On the note of family, LN should be on tonight or tomorrow, but then will be driving back and without internet again for 2-3 days.

@Skarx

Lol!

Must go read posts, I feel bad for him too!

And whatever you choose to do with him, just ask yourself, what WOULD he do in this situation.

Nice... xd.png

Grats Rak. Have a good time then and lots of luck.

As for what would Lucius do. I believe he will soon run from the bakery, subtly before madness overcome him. Or simply before people start noticing how VERY out of place he's starting to look.

Probably going to ask Yukia to make him visit town or something. Try to be discreet about his getting the hell out plan.

If all fail... Blast his cover and run the hell out of town, but I doubt that will happen.

Sooooo I may have hoped for too much. ^^; Weekend didn't work out, that much is obvious. But I'm in the final week of school! I've just finished the review questions and such for my last chemistry module, so I just have the test and lab reports for that, then one more essay and annotations for British Literatre. I'm so close I can taste it.

Oh? What're you studying for that essay? I might be able to help; I'm not an English scholar, but I'm fairly well-read...

Oh, essays are fairly easy for me, I don't need help, but thanks. I just write rather slowly. Which will be blatantly obvious after you've RP'd with me for a while.

Ah, je comprends. 'S'just, if you're going to ask for help about something concerning British Literature, you might as well ask the neighbourhood British person...

And this assumes that I even get to RP at all.

Ah, je comprends. 'S'just, if you're going to ask for help about something concerning British Literature, you might as well ask the neighbourhood British person...

And this assumes that I even get to RP at all.

Depends on the type of project, really.

You will get to play with us soon. smile.gif

I'm hoping to RP soon too. I think people are waiting to finish school still right?

I think that some people are still waiting for school to finish until later this month. Plus, I know that LN is travelling quite a bit for a little while, but she should be back soon and of course good ol' Rak is on his honeymoon.

Don't worry ya'll!

And before I post Marcus, did I miss any other interactions??????????

I'm not worrying happy.gif

i don't think so but i could be wrong about that

No, sweetie, I think that's it! That means I'm the one holding everything up. ^^; I have most of Blaise, I believe, so they'll be able to move forward soon! Julian and maybe Isis will get to hop back in not long after that.

@CCC, well, I have a British mother at my disposal, and my own knowledge of the country keeping me at an A. Besides, C.S.Lewis and J.R.R Tolkin are favorite authors of mine.

Edited by Silver_Voices

OK, just thought I'd ask. If you need anything relating to science, medieval history &c, give me a shout, 'kay?

Oh, I'm finished with school now, for the most part. Thanks for the offer, though. ^^

There, done. Blaise blurb, so Tractus can do whatever it is he's trying to do. Julian's next. ^w^

Edited by Silver_Voices

LoveLost you still haven't added Lucius form to the list of characters in the first page. Did you need something else for it?

Don't wanna press, but I've waited a good while and I was hoping to get a quick way of seeing it when I need other than searching everywhere on the OCC.

Hey, Skarx, honey, why don't you pull up the character form and repost it, so it's easier to find. Or you could put it on a googledoc and send her the link. Or, if you want, you could send it to me and I'll give it to her over IM, so she'll have it handy whenever she has time to add it in.

I really don't know why I'm laughing at Blaise's post, Silver, but I find the second paragraph funny. My head must be messed up more than I thought. Good post, though!

Heh. Blaise is always sticking his little nose into other people's business, so I hope you continue to find it amusing. ^^;

I have no idea how googledoc works o.o

If you explain quickly I'd much rather prepare it so she can just link it up whenever she has time.

Do I just write googledoc and BAM voilà! Right there ready for us to use?

Type the text save it somehow and it will magically gimme the link for me to give it to LL?

I seem to remember she had already done that though, but I am not sure anymore.

I do hope I didn't sound like an ass in my previous post. It really was just a question. o.o

Open up a Google Doc. Write in the Google Doc. Collect link to Google Doc via the blue button in the top right hand corner. Give the link to LL. Have a nice cup of tea.

The last bit is not optional.

I do hope I didn't sound like an ass in my previous post. It really was just a question. o.o

Don't worry, you don't. ^^ Nasa and I had to do a bit of reminding as well before we got our characters to join the front page.

CCC basically covered it, but if you've never used Googledoc before, it can be a bit difficult to find and use. I'll go through it step by step.

1) You need to have a google account to be able to use Googledocs, so first log into that.

2) At the top of the browser there should be a black bar with your name, "Search," "Images," etc. etc. Click the one that says "Drive." You might have to open the "More" menu. (It might be a different colour depending on your personalizations. Mine is black.)

3) You'll open up in a new tab, so switch over to it. On the far left there's an orange button that says "Create." Click it, then select "Document" on the drop down menu.

4) Go ahead and paste Lucius's character form in there, then change the name of the doc to whatever you'd like by clinking the "Untitled" at the top left.

5) This is where it might get tricky. Go to the top right and there's a blue button that says "Share." A little menu will pop up. If you have LL's email, you need to put it in the "Add people" bar. The "can edit" or "can view" are both fine.

6) If you don't have her email, go up to the "Who has access" part of the little pop up menu mentioned in step 5. It'll say "Private" right at the top of the list. Click the blue "change" text, then go ahead and change it to the second option, "Anyone with the link."

7) Press "Save," copy the link at the top of the menu. This is what you'll send to LL and/or whoever else you want to send it to.

8) Now you are free to send her the link. There shouldn't be any problems viewing it or anything. Soooo, have fun. ^^

Silver... do you think.. you can just post as Promise? *A* Nat's not going to back for a while, I presume, since she's travelling around with no wifi... /cries