LoveLost

Trials and Travels OOC

Welcome Back!

(not much has happened LL, just waiting on Noe for my part laugh.gif Congrats!)

-Rak

Welcome back again~ biggrin.gif

Nut much has happened on my end - Renzo and Naomi are with Celeste in Cumulus, where Celeste has seemed to have lost the use of her powers! D:

Meanwhile, over in Sola, Tractus (finally) made an appearance and is now taking Luna and Blaise to the outskirts of town.

Glad to see you back, love.

~Gist

@ Rak -

"So what is it that you have to tell us. You two look like you are about to burst. " Isa commented rudely.

What I forgot to put was :

Noe looked to Kai considering that it was rather difficult for her to speak to Isa when she was excited about something.

*headdesk*

*looks at all the pages that were posted after i was last active in here and dies* you guys post too much and are way too fast xd.png

welcome back L²! *huggletackleglomps you with happiness*

sorry that was late but I've been a bit busy myself but probably not as busy as you have been.

Fast? 0_o I don't believe I've posted in there in quite a while now. Just waiting on someone different to post before I move on with Tractus and Celeste.

Oh hey. Haven't posted here in awhile. Semester is done and I'm safely back home from school. Looks like everyone else is starting to head towards summer break, too, so welcome back! Are you guys still thinking of doing the Kinder RP?

Aaaahhhhh!!!! *runs in and pounces LL* She's back, she's back, she's baaaaaccckk! And she did fantastic, just as I thought. ^^

Just a reminder to everyone, the Kinder is up and we're just waiting for people to turn in their charrie forms.

And as per the usual, I'm procrastinating again. ^^; I'll attempt to post as both Blaise and Julian tomorrow, as we are waiting on LN for Jahan to jump back into the conversation before moving on with Promise and Aoi. Hopefully they'll steer clear of each other in my mind, otherwise they'll start quarreling, then tussling.

Edited by Silver_Voices

Kinder RP is being run by Silver smile.gif

*is tacklehuggleglomped by everyone* It's a dog pile! Hehehehehe smile.gif I lurve you guys!

i meant in here gist not the actual rp thread; as for the kinder rp, I'll try to come up with forms for my chars later and get them posted in there.

lurve you too L² biggrin.gif

Where is Nat, by the way?

Should I shoot her a PM?

And also I think I'll be able to insert Gear into the Shadow Alliance picture - he'll go to chat with Zillah.

i guess i could post as Ash now but I'll do that later when i get back from babysitting which will be around 11 my time since a couple of my favorite shows will be on tonight at 9 and 10.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Where is Nat, by the way?

Should I shoot her a PM?

That would be great if you could, Lach. :3

A Celeste post would be awesome! I'm really looking forward to what she has to say about Renzo.

yay biggrin.gif; welcome and here's a brownie and cookie for you to munch on *gives you a brownie and a cookie fresh out of the oven that's on a plate on the coffee table* happy.gif

Edited by Dragonpelt

=] *noms cookie cutely* Thank you! Also, I really hope my character isn't OP; she's a very skilled melee fighter, but she's also pretty easy to take out if you're a Space Elementian with a modicum of talent. Also she has a chainsaw.

Because chainsaw.

Welcome.

As far as chainsaws go... while I CAN think of a reasonably audacious way to make that work physically using whatever elemental abilities are at my disposal in this world... There isn't gas or "steam power" as of yet, so chainsaw for the sake of chainsaw is probably not going to fly here.

However! I don't want to kill a creative idea so... here's one way it could work! (note, please read DISCLAIMER below)

1) Rotating Earth Blade

Using the earth element you create what essentially looks like a sword (whatever length though the longer it is the less this would work in reality).

The sword has a grove running along the edge where the blade would normally be.

Find someone (or yourself) who can make you a metal chain similar to the chain on a chainsaw with one major difference. A Chainsaw blade is held in place by a bolt or two, tightening it to the point that it cannot come off (one hopes). This chain needs to be more like that used to hold a roller-coaster in its track. (The metal needs to be magnetic)

Next you need two really powerful magnets, not hard, just find an earth elementarian (or yourself if you are one) and go digging, they shouldn't be hard to find.

One magnet needs to be grafted into the hilt of the sword and the other into the tip (careful not to make it top heavy and off balance). The polarity for the magnets needs to be opposite as it faces the sword. (Think like the inside of a batter, strong positive end, strong negative end, both in place so that the electric current flows in one direction around the circuit).

Now you need a series of tiny magnets grafted into the chain, one magnet per blade on the chain and one between each blade. They need to be far enough apart to not interact with one another and they each need to be set in the chain such that their negative end is facing up and their positive end facing down (facing up and down as the sword is being held straight up and down, hilt down, tip up)).

Now place the chain into the sword with all magnets in place and you're about done. The magnets in the chain will be attracted to and then repulsed by the large magnets at each end of the sword, of course that doesn't give it enough momentum to run itself, the forces are still equal and opposite. But if you so happen to be an earth elementarian and can supply some needed UMPH to get the chain going and keep it going, the chain will accelerate exponentially because of the continuous interactions of the magnets.

Oh right, and I forgot, lots of non-magnetic ball-bearings to keep the friction down a bit.

Key problem: The sword cannot be made of conductive (magnetic) metal. Meaning it has to be made of earth, or non-conductive metal. The problem with this is that the friction caused by the chain will erode all but the strongest rocks (granite, marble, diamond etc...) and deteriorate most non-conductive metals (tin, aluminum, etc...). But if you get around that problem then good for you!

DISCLAIMER:This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to reality, existent or imagined is purely coincidental. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Do not use while in the shower. One size effective against most opponents. Avoid contact with skin. Safety goggles recommended. Some equipment discussed here is optional. Keep out of reach of small children. Apply direction to the enemy's abdomen and count to three for optimal product satisfaction. May not be suitable for children under 17 years of age or over 17 years of age. Side effects may include permanent or semi-permanent death. Consult your GM before use. Do not try this at home.

I love the disclaimer, Rak! Very helpful~

And also, of course welcome, chaos, to our little RP!! (If I can nickname you already hahaa)

As for the chainsaw, I would recommend the Rotating Earth Blade as well, as was advertised a post ago.. ^^; But then again, that depends on the element of your character.

If you're REALLY set on it Chaos, and LL approves of the idea, I can come up with one to work with any element, I only listed one of them because it took a while to think up tongue.gif

Let me know what element(s) you're interested in and talk to LL, we'll see what we can do.

@Lachrymation

Thanks! I had fun with it. I found a website that listed a HUGE list of possible disclaimers and took several then modified them to be more funny!

you're welcome chaos happy.gif

I'm lovely? why thank you! biggrin.gif; i can try to answer any questions you might have but i think L² would be better suited to do that

also Rak at the disclaimer: rofl laugh.gif;i craked up reading that...also congrats on graduating from college happy.gif.

Edited by Dragonpelt