TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

Streakflame looked at Nightpaw. "Thank you." she rasped. She ate the Juniper berries, then closed her eyes and laid her head on her paws. She was so tired! Coughing a little more water out from her system, she yawned.

Rainshadow pressed his rain-soaked pelt against hers, laying down next to her. "I'll keep you safe, I promise." he whispered into her ear. She twitched her ears in reply.

The fur on Nightpaw's neck bristled slightly. "A medicine cat from RiverClan, thank you. Just because I'm small doesn't make me a kit." She forced the fur to lie flat again and curled her tail around her paws, watching as Streakflame licked at the juniper she had given her. "Like I said, rouge, I'm sorry. I get touchy when there are too many cats watching me work. You were absolutely correct, and I shouldn't have snapped like that." With a twitch of her tail, she turned her attention to Streakflame, and responded, "Of course. I'm just glad you're alright."

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

Rainshadow looked at Bear, then Mouse, and finally, Nightpaw. "Thank you." he meowed, dipping his head. "You saved my mate's life."

With that said, he turned to Bear. "What are you doing here, anyway?" he asked politely.

Bear looked at the cat. The young cat was a RiverClan apprentice. He'd had that one wrong. He didn't mind though. Clans didn't mean anything to him. "Sorry, kit. I forgot what you Clans called your young ones." He turned his steely gaze to the tom who had addressed him. He shook his pelt roughly and sat back on his haunches. His fur was soaked through and gave him the appearance of a much darker brown cat than he was. "I am here to help you Clan cats. See, you are too foolish to escape the river and lake when it floods, but we never drown because of that. I'll lend a paw where I can though."

Turning to the WindClan deputy, Nightpaw dipped her head in modesty. "Please, it was no trouble. I just did what any medicine cat would have done." She then turned to Briarstar. "Briarstar, Streakflame certainly wasn't the only cat injured in these floods. We should probably continue the patrol now." Her words held more meaning than what was obvious; Nightpaw, like all medicine cats, knew how many lives a leader had left, and she knew that Briarstar was now down to only one. However, she tried not to let the leader know she was concerned for him, and to only show that she wanted to do her duties.

Faintheart narrowed her eyes against the wind and rain, walking to Deadstar's den. Her very, very, very pale pelt was like a ghost as she slipped inside her den, her eyes now wide. "Deadstar?" she meowed, afraid. "I should get some burdock for you... and some poppy seeds. Would you like some?"

"Please," Deadstar said, her voice shaking with the cold and pain, her eyes tightly shut. "Stupid... flea-bitten rats jumped me..." she muttered, curling up tighter. "Should've stuck with the patrol, what was I thinking..."

Faintheart nodded, and dashed out the den. The pale gray she cat grabbed some roots from the medicine den. Then, she grabbed a poppy flower, and went back to the leader's den. "Here, some poppy seeds," she shook out some seeds in front of her. She then chewed some burdock root and began to rub it on her bites. "There. Does that feel better?"

Mouse stared at Bear as he raced away from her. Growling and grumping, hte mousy she-cat chased after him and narrowed her eyes as she saw the scene play out before her. Mouse lashed her tail with hostility as she listened to Nightpaw. That scrawny she-cat ought to learn some manners. "Bear, let's get out of here. These clan cats don't want our help and I'm not all too keen to give it. Let's leave," she muttered, glaring at the cats nearby and wrinkling her nose at the overwhelming smell of fish. "Ugh. God, what is that?" she hissed, her ears pressed back to her head. An old brown tom seemed amused by that expression. "Riverclan. We eat fish," he stated calmly, looking at her with warm eyes. That just irritated Mouse even more so. Why was he being so nice? It would be better and easier to handle if he were hostile!

"A little," Deadstar said, reluctantly swallowing a couple of the seeds, her body protested any and every movement she made. "I... you do think I will heal, right? I've... never been hit like this, worse than Spottyclaw taking out my tail." The leader took a shaky breath, dragging herself deeper into the den so she was entirely out of the rain. "Seen cats die from rats. Can't die, not so soon."

"Of course you'll heal." Faintheart purred as she applied more burdock. "Did you hear the story of Russetstar and the rats? He fought back about ten rats, dragged himself back to the Clan, and he survived. didn't even lose a life." she purred again and continued to treat him.

Honeystar sighed with relief as she saw Streakflame began breathing and speaking. "Thank you StarCLan," she murmured. As the new cats arrived, she got back in action and began bringing more cats across to the other hill. Once everybody else was across, she went to Wildstorm and asked "Can you check if everybody's alright?"

Leafpaw was turning restlessly in her nest. No matter how much she relaxed, there was always a battle between her two selves in her brain. She sat up and pawed her ear, hoping the battling would cease. She mewed quietly in pain and confusion. She went outside to get a drink of water and cool herself off. She washed herself in the water, then walked sleepily back to the apprentice's den.

"Stronger cat than me," Deadstar said, wincing at the application of burdock, why did anything good have to hurt so much?

" 'm not made for fighting. Not... really," she said. While the burdock was helping, and the poppy seeds had begun to numb the pain, Deadstar could feel herself growing warmer- she was going to be down for a few days, no doubt about that. "Barely... barely even a leader..." she added with a harsh laugh as the poppy clouded her mind. Hopefully sleep would do her good, and hopefully nothing would slip. Then again, medicine cats usually knew...

Ivyheart raced to help the Clan. There was a flood and she was less than pleased. The herbs collected were no doubt washed away with any other cat unlucky enough to move fast. She was busy helping a Queen stay calm about her kit when another warrior came with the lost kit. The kit was alive, but cold. She instructed the she-cat to lick her kit and keep it warm before looking at a cut on the warrior's head. The flood hadn't been kind to the scrawny WindClan cats.

Bear watched Mouse. She was obviously on edge. He had to hide his smile as the old looking tom explained why they smelled the way they did. Mouse may not like fish, but that was one of Bear's favorite prey. "Mouse, calm down. We're here to help and that's what we'll do. Especially," He looked pointedly at Briarstar. "If all cats in the Clans are half as respectful as he is. My name is Bear, I'm a local Rogue. Or Loner. I can't decide which one I am."

Yewberry bristled at the approach of the Rogues. They smelled of Twolegs and garbage. Nothing a Clan cat would ever be caught dead smelling like. He was, however, appalled by the manners of the large, brown one. A Rogue more respectful than a Clan cat. That was something that he had never thought possible. Now he had seen everything. The tom licked his chest and looked carefully at the new cats. "I am Yewberry, Deputy of RiverClan." He said his greeting without the loathe he normally felt towards Loners and Rogues.

"Yes, StarClan did give us four clans, not to. I see no reason why ShadowClan and RiverClan are convinced they must rule the forest. I would have done something about it sooner, but I am blind. If I tried to do anything about it, I would be killed and then I would only be able to help from StarClan. When I live I want to shine, not rashly throw my life away like a piece of crowfood." Moonpaw continued carefully. She did not want to offend Lynxpaw. "I think you can help me. If you want the war to end as much as I do, then we could help each other. ShadowClan trust me, and you can see. We could work to gether to take ShadowClan down from the inside. Deadstar seems better then most ShadowClan leaders, but if Yellowpath becomes Yellowstar... I wouldn't put anything past her." Moonpaw shuddered. Yellowpath wasn't the nicest cat in the forest... "Do you have any wounds?" Moonpaw said suddenly, and began to chew up the dock.

Mosspaw's head shot above the surface of the river. She started to feel the current start to slow down, when a white she-cat hit her. "Help..." she muttered faintly as she tried to stay afloat. Mosspaw smirked to herself. It was Icefur, the worthless elder. When she was a warrior, she had tried to stop the war. In fact, she was still trying to stop the war, even as an elder. Mosspaw paddled over to her, unsheathing her claws as she went. Icefur wouldn't be bothering anyone any more... "I'll help you!" Mosspaw yelled. "Thank you..." Icefur muttered as Mosspaw reached her. "Oh, I wouldn't thank me." Mosspaw replied with a smirk. "Wha..?" Those were Icefur's final words. Mosspaw's claws slashed her throat, blood gushing out and dying the river red. Mosspaw scrambled out of the river, and hurriedly ran back to camp. "Help!" she yowled. "Icefur has been killed by rouges! Sh-she was in the r-river, an-and th-they pr-pretended t-to h-help h-her, b-but then th-they k-killed her!" Mosspaw sobbed, and pretended to be truly sad. Inside, she was grinning. She had committed her first murder. Sure, it was just a helpless elder half drowned any way, but there would be more to come...

Edited by Backup77

Lynxpaw listened to what the ShadowClan apprentice was asking of her... and was in for one more surprise. She hadn't realized that the other she-cat was blind!"You..., want for me to stay here, in ShadowClan?" she asked her as she indicated to the she-cat where her injuriess were. The thought of changing ShadowClan from the inside had honestly not occured to the young she-cat... and if she were honest the hought DID have a certain appeal. She had to agree that Yellowpath as leader would be a very bad thing. "Perhaps, though, she ought to wxplain the plan she had in mind to the other she cat as well." I had a plan of my own..." she confessed," I did not intend to stay here. " She rold the medacine cat what she had intended to tod... cover herself in the scent of her enemies to make herself hard to track as the clevershadows did and then make her way out of ShadowClan territory and back to her own clan." I even thought I could bring a few willing apprentices with me..." She added slyly."I believe ThunderClan would welcome you if you told Ravenstar what you told me... that you do not agreee with what ShadowClan has been doing; And I am certain that our medacine cat would albe more than happy to continue your training. However, I am considering what you have told me."This was true... the idea of being in ShadowClan, and possibly being forced to fight against her former Clanmates was a problem for her however. After brief pause the young she-cat simply had to know," What did you have in mind? I mean... what can two apprentices do? Yellowpath..." her voice trailed off... she assumed the other cat knew where her mind was headed with that thought.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Faintheart lisetened to Deadstar as she started to speak. Even from this angle, she could tell that the tabby was groggy and weak. The silver she cat narrowed her eyes and prodded her face with a paw. "Hey," she murmured, prodding her again. Deadstar couldn't fall asleep. She couldn't. She knew that, even from the beginning, she had one life. She had not accepted the lives from the Dark Forest. "You have to stay awake for a bit longer."

Mouse grumbled something unintelligible before turning to the deputy that spoke. He was a handsome black tom and Mouse might've been attracted to him if he hadn't been so darn nice. "I'm Mouse. You have a problem with my name and I'll see to it you'll be soon having a problem with my claws," she meowed, her bright green-yellow eyes narrowing to slits as she unsheathed long black claws. and brought her right forepaw up, looking at her claws nonchalantly. "And, obviously, I'm a loner too," she stated, rolling her eyes.

Briarstar smiled at Bear and Mouse. "I'm sure your help will be greatly appreciated, Bear. You are a guest of Riverclan's now, if you wouldn't mind. Once you're done your work, of course. We'd be honored to share some fish with you, unless the smell bothers you, of course," he chuckled, honestly interested in these two well-mannered rogues. Or rather, the well-mannered rogue and the one who acted like a grumpy elder sitting in mouse bile.

Bear heard an apprentice. She sounded frenzied. Scared. She said that a Rogue had killed an Elder. He bristled instantly. Forgetting his manners now, the large tom stepped forward, his ears back and tail lashing. "What are you implying kit? You don't know anything about Rogus and Loners. Not one of us would ever kill a helpless cat. Even more so now that it's time for the Gathering. You just want a reason for why you couldn't save the Elder from the currents. Own up to it instead of blaming us." He spat. Bear hated the name of the Rogues and Loners in the Clans. It was quite obvious that most cats hated Rogues. It was an unfortified belief. No Rogue had given them a reason to feel such a way since their arrival here, or so he was told.

Yewberry watched the large tom cat step towards Mosspaw. He instinctively intercepted the cat, standing eye to eye with him. The other cat had weight and muscle on him, but Yewberry didn't care. There were other cats nearby. He looked carefully at the brown tom, waiting for him to back down. After a few moments, the tom sat back on his haunches and licked his chest, tail still flicking dangerously. "So, you've got a lot of work planned for us, leader?" The tom rumbled. Yewberry, now certain that the tom wouldn't attack, looked at he apprentice. "What did you see, Mosspaw?"

Nightpaw pricked her ears and listened to Mosspaw as she freaked about Icefur. The small black tabby and white cat instantly knew that the apprentice was lying; she could see in her eyes, past all that fear and sadness that she was faking, was a cold glint of satisfaction that sent a chill running down Nightpaw's spine. She had never trusted Mosspaw - the apprentice was too friendly with Shadowclan and much too power-hungry for her taste, although when she put it like that so was most all of the rest of her clan. Still, although Nightpaw didn't mention anything to her other clanmates because she really didn't want to stir up more of a trouble, this just dropped Nightpaw's like for the apprentice even further into the negatives.

"We have the same goal. Help the other clans. My clan is fine, all but Icefur," Briarstar murmured, stepping towards the apprentice. "Tell me exactly what happened and I want to know why a loner was on our territory without us knowing. She had to have been close, so why did none of us see the cat?" he rasped, curious and a little skeptical. The rogue did have a point.

Mouse bristled at what the you cat had to say. "Well if all you clan cats are as insulting as that little brat, it really wouldn't surprise me," she growled, glaring at the cat whom had intercepted Bear. The little thing ought to be taught some serious manners. "Not all of us rogues are flea-brained cannibles, kit," she continued, going around the jet-black tom to face cat, her tail whipping back and forth as she bared her teeth.

Bear watched Mouse approach the kit. He knew better than to let it progress further. The large tom placed himself in between her and the kit. That left him very close to the apprentice. "Listen, kit. Us Rogues don't take too kindly to rude little Clan cats who seem to believe every story that their flea-bitten Elders tell them. Learn the facts before you speak, kit. Any one of us could end your miserable life." He growled, pushing Mouse back by simply pressing his body against hers.

Yewberry bristled at the tom's approach. "You couldn't touch her if you wanted to." He said quietly. Seeing the situation prgress to an uneasy level, He looked at the apprentice. "Mosspaw, I think it's time for you to leave. Take one of the cats with you. We will be back to talk soon." He wasn't keen on starting a fight with one of the Rogues from nearby. Thoughts of Firestar's battle with the Rogues and Tigerstar plagued his mind when he thought of a battle with Rogues.

Mouse snorted at the black tom. "Riiight. Sorry, but us rogues are just as good fighters as you clan cats. You couldn't touch me if you wanted to," she hissed, looking at him with defiance clearly written in her eyes. Oh well, at least he wasn't trying to be nice anymore. She let Bear pushed her back, she wasn't really intending on hurting the kitten anyway. "But you're wise, not trying to pick a fight with us. It'd end badly for scrawny little cats like yourself," she said, grinning, clearly attempting to provoke the young tom. The old brown cat didn't do anything, instead he looked at Yewberry expectantly. He wanted Yewberry to show that he could handle things calmly on his own.

((Mouse is so weird. She's like, "STOP! STOP TRYING TO BE NICE TO ME!" xd.png))

((Yewberry would have probably eaten her for breakfast if Bear wasn't around. xd.png Bear is all huge and respectful so he's like "Yay!" biggrin.gif))

Yewberry sighed and turned his head away from the Rogue. He kept his cool, if only for the other Rogue's politeness. "If you cats will be helping us, then do so. But, if you're so against our young ones, then I suggest you leave now." He said. It wasn't disrespectful or threatening, just a suggestion. The brown tom shook his head. "We came out to help you not drown. Whether or not Mouse likes it, we will help you." He had a deep meow. Yewberry looked over to Briarstar and nodded. "Are we going to continue the patrol?"

((Psh, like he could. Mouse would be all excited for a fight and probably spazz. xd.png))

"Of course. It is too late for Icefur now, let's not make it too late for any other cat," Briarstar replied, walking forward with a facade of confidence. In truth he was terribly exahusted and wanted to lie down. He nodded to Yewberry, proud, and looked at the grumpy she-cat, who was glaring at Bear. "I still don't see why we have to help a bunch of ungrateful clan cats, but whatever floats you boat, Bear," she grumped, unhappy Yewberry didn't have a good reaction. She thought for sure that would anger the black tom. "Well, seeing as I'm stuck doing this, I suppose I'll have to deal with you kitten-brats," the mouse-gray she-cat replied, flicking her tail unhappily back and forth.