TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

Brightwish was in her den, sorting herbs. She was taking the old, scent-weak leaves and such from the fresher ones. It was a task she had to do, whether she liked it or not. Since Nightpaw was out, she was left with the tasks. She didn't mind, really. It was a nice change of pace for her.

Rainshadow was washing Streakflame's fur, helping to warm her up. With the rain still coming down, though, it wasn't doing much. He still did it anyway. Anything to keep his mate alive and well. He didn't want her to get sick with a cold from the rain. "Shouldn't we seek shelter from this rain, Honeystar?" he asked. "Our warriors could easily get sick out in this damp weather."

"Well, we really don't have any shelter right now." Honeystar said to Rainshadow. She frowned slightly. Reaching down with her paw, she grabbed a leaf that was floating by. Grabbing it between her jaws, she shook as much water off as she could. "Here. It's not much, but it's something." She placed it in front of Rainshadow and said "Once Streakflame is feeling better, we'll have to move to the other hill. This one is almost completely submerged. She sighed softly, and sat down, waiting for everybody to be ready.

Fernflight's paw was burning with pain. She breathed quickly and tried to distract herself from the pain. She limped to Ravenstar and said in a pained voice "Let's go." She licked her paw delicately and waited.

Leafpaw was turning around in her nest restlessly. By now, her stomach was churning with confusion. She got up to the edge of their camp and moaned. She sat on the grass and sighed. Her stomach was getting worse and worse. She felt like she was going to be sick. She got up and wobbled unsteadily to the medicine cat's den. Finding it empty, she went along the edge of the camp, looking for the medicine cat or Moonpaw. She heard Moonpaw's voice and went closer. When she had gotten close enough to hear properly, they had finished talking. She went up to Moonpaw and said in a hoarse voice "My stomach... hurts." She saw Lynxpaw there too, but didn't question why. She was too dizzy and confused.

Ravenstar nodded at Fernflight and heaved herself to her paws. "The rain's stopping..." she croaked, narrowing her eyes. "Should we stay here, or should we go to the abandoned Twoleg nest? I don't know... my brain is all foggy..." then, she added under her breath. "I'm such a mouse-brain..."

"Let's go. We'll drown here." She lent her shoulder to Ravenstar, although she could barely support herself. She started to walk forwards, slowly. "If your brain is foggy, we'll get the medicine cat to look at you when we get to the nest. Shake yourself off now. We have to go. The Clan needs us."

As Skyheart exited his den, he was just happy to be out. For about half a Moon, he was sick with Greencough. Ivyheart had taken care of him while he was sick, not wanting Greencough to claim another one close to her. He noticed that Windclan seemed to have less less kits and warriors than before. This was probably because of the Clevershadows.

The thought of Clevershadows reminded him of that strange tom who visited him while sick...

Lynxpaw saw the young apprentice walk up to them. She didn't appear to look welll, so she paused, waiting to see what the medacine cat would say and also to give her a chance to help if it were needed. The young she cat concidered... the apprentice had seemed, Lynxpaw didn't know, her eyes had a shaken, hollow look to them. She sighed, it was terrible that this was being done in the name of the clans. What was she to do? If she agreeed to help Moonpaw with her plan, it would mean never being able to go back to her own clan again, they wouldn't ever trust her after that. On the other hand... Moonpaw might not wish to leave HER clan either... she would wait and see what would be said.

"Are you alright, Leafpaw?" she mewed to the third she-cat who had wandered up to their group... was Leafpaw to be trusted or was she too far brainwashed?

Edited by LeopardDragon

Ravenstar nodded when Fernflight started to lead her to the Twoleg nest. She noticed her deputy was limping, and so she forced herself to walk on her own. She felt like vomiting... Sighing, she forced her amber eyes to look ahead. "Are we close?"

A young, brown tom floated in the water. It was too strong to fight, so he'd given it up. Now, all he was trying to do was stay above the water to breathe. As he was swept away, he was hit by something, probably an overhanging branch or a rock. The result was him blacking out. When he woke up, however, he wasn't dead. Instead, he was on the shore of the flooded river. The kitten stood up, coughing, disgusted to see water coming out of his mouth as he did so. Where was Dirt? He looked around, still coughing, gasping for breath. Dirt had been with him when the two fell in the water. Where was his brother?

"We should be pretty close. At least we should be there before (insert time here)." Ravenstar didn't look well, and the sooner they got to everybody else, the better. Remembering something that she was taught once by the medicine cat, she found some juniper berries and said "For strength." She took one herself and chewed it slowly. Not as bad as some other herbs I've had... she thought. She sat down and waited for Ravenstar to finish the berry.

"I don't know... My stomach hurts... I didn't eat anything bad though... I think I've just-" she said drowsily, and collapsed with exhaustion and sickness at the last part. Her eyelids fluttered, and then they closed. I'm finally asleep! Leafpaw thought happily. She remembered that her stomach was hurting just a little while ago, but she must not be feeling it now. She was on a moor that she recognized as WindClan's territory. Why am i here? She sighed softly, breathing in the familiar scents of the moor.Why do i remember the scents? Just then, a rabbit streaked past her. She dashed after it, running as fast as she could. She caught it, breathing in the scent of freshly killed rabbit. Another cat passed her, rubbing her with her muzzle. "Good job Leafpaw." the other cat breathed quietly. "Mom?" Leafpaw mewed quietly. The cat was not a Starclan cat, but more like a memory. Leafpaw nuzzled the other cat and meowed happily.

Streakflame opened her eyes and sat up again. "I'm fine to travel now, Honeystar." she rasped. "I'm stronger than I look."

Or, I hope so. I'll die serving my clan! she thought. I may look like a helpless she-cat right now, but just you wait! I'll be the strongest warrior you will ever have!

Rainshadow sighed. "If I tell you to get some rest, you won't listen, would you?" he asked.

"Of course I won't!" Streakflame snapped. "I'm not going to rest until the clan's safe, even if I die trying!"

Rainshadow sighed at his mate. "You're stubborn, Streakflame. Did it run in your family?" he asked, a glint in his eye.

Mitten was crouched in the bushes, hiding from the big tomcat who had chased her. She suddenly saw a little brown cat in the river. As he was washed up on shore Mitten saw that it was no small cat. The tom was large and she estimated him to be fairly young. She walked out of the bush and walked over to him and curiously prodded his side with her white paw. "Are you okay? You look pretty wet. I'm Mitten. Who're you?" she asked curiously, almost warily as she was afraid he might be the son of the large tomcat she had seen before. "You look half-drowned. You probably are. Don't you know how to swim?" she asked, not rudely, but more with a curiosity. "Are you one of those clan cats?" she blurted, her blue eyes wide. She was a pretty young cat, but most cats found her personality annoying.

Winter watched as Mitten went up to Moose, who had drowned, or half drowned, in the river. What the heck? What cat would go into a river when they didn't know how to swim? The lithe white she cat bounded out of the bushes, watching Mitten and Moose with calm, pale green eyes. "What is this?" she said as she prodded Moose with a paw as well. She was a respected rogue, just like Bear, and she sure acted like one. She usually had her nose in every crook and nook of the forest. "He sure doesn't smell like one of those wildcats." she meowed, looking at Mitten. Well... she was new. "Who are you?"

Ravenstar followed Fernflight to the abandoned Twoleg nest, her mind getting clearer and clearer. Now, she padded straight, and stopped when Fernflight murmured something about strength. She turned around and looked at the juniper berries and ate some as well. She felt quite better now, actually. "The Twoleg nest is right there." she pointed with a white paw. "Should we bring some to the Clan?"

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

"Who're you?" Mitten retorted, clearly not showing the cat any more respect than she would any other cat. "I'm Mitten," she replied, grinning and holding herself high, clearly a cat with some pride. "I dunno what those cats smell like, but he sure is soggy lookin'. Whatcha do cat? Decide to swim with the fishies and ask them to teach you how?" she teased, but in a playful and not really mean way. These cats might be fun to be around, at least for a little while. They were both around her age, though Mitten expected they were both older than her.

Winter flicked her ear when Mitten had retorted her, narrowing her eyes. This cat showed no respect toward her, and it made her angry. The white she cat was more respected than any other rogues except for Bear. "I'm Winter." she hissed, her tail lashing once. "Surely you have heard of me? I'm Bear's right hand cat. I know everyone around here, but this one and you are new."

((Mouse was sort of Bear's right hand cat... she has a total brother/sister relationship with him... O.o ))

"Um... nope! Sorry, I don't know who you are, or 'Bear' either, for that matter!" Mitten enthusiastically said, amused that the cat was so angry. She sat on her haunches and calmly licked a white paw, staring at the white cat with startling blue eyes. She suddenly inpected her claws, feinging deep intrest in them. "You know, I don't like your attitude. Why should I treat you better than any other cat? You're not better than them, no matter what you think. We're all equals," she stated, looking at Winter levelly and with well-concealed distaste. She didn't like this she-cat.

((Bear is a Rogue. There's no such thing as Right hand cats. xd.png There can be cats that he associates with and cats he shows respect to, but he works alone.))

Moose was listening to them only half way. His mind was on Dirt. They'd been on the cliffs and the flood caught them off guard. They'd both slipped into the river. Now he was separated from his mother and Dirt. Where was Dirt? "Dirt! Dirt?! Where are you?! Dirt!" He yowled. The young cat knew Winter. She was a respected Rogue, just like his half brother, Bear. Mittens... He'd met her before at a Loner's Gathering, but he had never talked to her before. He spun around to face both cats, his eyes wide and tail lashing. "Where is he?! You saw Dirt, didn't you?! Where is he?! I have to find him! We have to go back and find mom and-and... If we're not back for the Loner's Gathering, Bear n' her'll rip our pelts off! Help me find him!" He said quickly, eyes scanning the shores and then the river. In the pit of his stomach, he knew Dirt was gone.

((Moose is almost as well known as Bear. Most Loners and Rogues would know each other due to these Gatherings. They're not like the Clan Gatherings. They take place all day and the cats simply get together in an abandoned area (No clue where) and they talk. They also bring prey to share. It would be a big thing amongst all the cats, the choice to get free food and what not. An all day family reunion sort of thing. xd.png))

((Lol. Dirt.))

Brightwish was watching the rouges from the shadows. Her ginger pelt was almost standing out, but it was almost like the muted vibrancy of the orange leaves on ThunderClan territory. Waiting for the right moment to come out and join the conversation, she listened intently to the Rouges. (That's all I could think of! >.<)

((Mittens is just pressing Winter's buttons. Of course she knows who Bear is. xd.png))

"What does he look like? I saw a cat about your age pressed up against some rocs. You know, he looked kinda similar to you, too! Maybe he was Dirt?" Mittens said, suddenly becoming serious as she saw what must've happened, while wondering to herself what kind of mother would name her child Dirt. "I'll help, though! I'll help you find him," she meowed, smiling. "I'm sure he's fine. You are, after all," Mittens continued, attempting to reassure him and briefly brushing up against him comfortingly.

Moose was frenzied. He was young, but not a kit. He was somewhere in between a young tom and a kit. It was frustrating to him. And now, Dirt was gone. What would he do without his brother? Bear would know. "No! I-I have to find Bear. Where's Bear? Do you know where Bear is? He'll know what happened to Dirt. Bear knows everything. He has to," Moose mewed quietly. He was scared and the only cat he knew to turn to in such times was his brother or his mother. Now that both were gone, he had to find Bear. He knew the other cat had left earlier with Mouse in order to find cats in need of help. He needed help. "Bear!"

Honeystar nodded to Streakflame and Rainshadow. "Streakflame, stay beside us two. We'll support you with our shoulders, but you need stay between us and grab my scruff with your teeth." She got ready to get into the water and said "Come on."

Fernflight thought for a second and then nodded. "We probably should. All our medicine cat supplies would've been washed away." She grabbed a large leaf, and placed as many juniper berries as would fit. She wrapped it, then got another leaf and did the same. She grabbed them with her jaws and waited for Ravenstar.

"Well if you're looking for him, I know where he is. Follow me," Mittens mewed, looking smugly at the other she cat and flicking her tail to Moose. She had seen Bear and Mouse go over to some drowning cats earlier. Running at a fast pace, she hoped Moose was following her. Because she really did know where he was. Panting, she finally stopped when Bear, Mouse and several other cats came into view. "There they are! BEAR! MOUSE! MOOSE NEEDS YOU!" she yowled at the top of her lungs, rearing on her hind legs and using her tail to help her balance.

Bear spun around as he heard his name called. His heart stopped. What had Moose done this time? He looked at the Clan cats for a moment, pausing. The black tom nodded, "Go, I understand." He said quietly. Bear nodded his thanks and ran. Following Mittens' scent trail from before, he came out at the river. It was near the scene, but not exactly there. He ran down to where Moose was shivering and licked his head quickly. "Where's Dirt, Moose?" He asked. Just one look at Moose's terrified face, he could tell what had happened. He had fallen in the river, obviously, but so had Dirt. If Dirt wasn't out yet, he was most likely drowned.

((Ugh! Sorry! Dx)) Winter looked up as Bear had come. He was (somewhat) her friend, so she dipped her head. "We had to fish him out of the river." she mewed, flicking her tail toward Moose. The pure white she cat then licked a paw and drew it over her face. "Have you swallowed water, Moose? Maybe we should ask a cat if they know any herbs for swallowed water?"

"You're a liar. Moose was already out here, so can it, flea-bag," Mittens snarled, clearly expressing her distaste for the snow white she-cat. "Do- do you think Dirt...?" she mewed quietly, looking up at the large brown tom with doe-like blue eyes. Mittens went and sat by Moose. "Are you okay?" she asked, her mood dampened. Her ears were downcast and her usually snetry-like form was now hunched and saddend with pity for Moose.

((Just in case you thought I had something against Winter, I assure you I don't. Mittens does, though, for whatever reason... O.o))

((xd.png Don't be! It's my fault. I should have explained sooner. xd.png))

Bear looked at Moose's terrified, shuddering body and pressed his flank to the young cat's. "Dirt..." He muttered quietly and looked down the river. He knew as soon as he saw the brown lump that it was the young cat's body. He ran down, trying to see if the cat was still alive. He jumped into the water and grabbed the limp body by the scruff. He swam back with mild struggle. Moose let out a yowl of mixed anguish and fear. "He's dead!"