TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

Streakflame, her mouth full with a kit's scruff, was following the new warrior, Wildstorm. He seemed to be working hard, almost like Rainshadow. She shook her head slightly. Rain was streaming off her whiskers and her pelt was soaked to her skin. She let out a small sigh. She was worrying about the raising water level. What would happen if the camp was flooded for a moon? Would they have to stay in the open, unprotected territory?

Rainshadow nodded. "That hill near the boarder is a good place, Honeystar." he agreed. He was helping the elders out of the camp. "This way, Gorseclaw! Sweetfur, keep an eye out for Heatherface!" he ordered. (lawl, I'm having fun with names!)

Shadowpelt gasped as a big torrent of water hurled into her mouth. She was swimming in the water covering the camp, submerging it completely. She gasped again as she opened her mouth to rescue a stranded apprentice, barely seven moons old, from a sudden crashing wave. Turning as she pushed her to high ground, she glanced briefly at Yewberry. Something showing in his eyes suddenly reminded her of a memory that had been buried deep under her consciousness. She remembered hearing, very distantly, a bloodcurdling she-cat shriek of agony and death, and then a hazy golden tom's voice. "Duskit! Run!" A flash of black, a single green eye, then nothing...

Shadowpelt shook the memory off as if it was water, then joined the rest of the clan on high ground. It was just a forgotten memory to forget, nothing of real relevance.

Edited by Sylverfinger

Yellowpath snarled in triumph as the she cat quietened. The gray tom grabbed her scruff and dragged her back to ShadowClan, throwing her inside the apprentice's den. "You will stay here for the rest of your pitiful life," he hissed. He turned back toward the camp. The ground was flooding little by little, but it wasn't so dangerous that they had to evacuate. Ravenstar coughed and hacked as she put out the rest of the fire, her eyes streaming as she collapsed to the ground. The black and white she cat was struggling to breath, hacking more. She was losing a life. After this one, she would have three left. Wildstorm reached the hill by the border, putting the kit on the hill. He turned toward the rest of the Clan. "Rainshadow! Hailfall! Heatherface! Swim faster! Reedwing, Whiskerflight! Don't give up!"

Fernflight saw that the fire was put out and finally managed to get out of the mud. Her pelt was slick with mud and she felt sticky everywhere. This is going to take an entire moon to wash off! She gingerly climbed the log, which collapsed in some places. She looked over and saw Ravenstar on the ground. "Oh no..." she murmured. Landing leavily next to Ravenstar, she bit back a yowl of pain. She poked Ravenstar with a paw and prayed that this was not her last life. She sat there, calling to the others to go on and they would catch up. She groomed some leaves out of Ravenstar's pelt and watched her worriedly. Lightning flashed over her head again, and she cringed.

Honeystar brought the cats on her back to the hill and swam back for the others. By now, she was exhausted and the large waves threatened to push her under. She sighed and thought Although i have 7 lives, i may lose them all if i drown... Still, if I can help everybody across it'll be worth it. She pulled herself onto the hill where the elders and some warriors and apprentices were waiting for somebody, and panted. She looked back at the rest of her Clan by the other hill, and a wave washed over her. It brought her even more down the hill, but she crawled back up. She got another couple of apprentices on her back and began paddling again.

Leafpaw saw Yellowpath back with the apprentice she had seen her fighting just a little while ago. Muttering "Never mind. The water's not that high." at Deadstar, she went up to Yellowpath. "Who's this?" she said, nudging the apprentice with her paw. She didn't look that beat up and Leafpaw wondered if she had come willingly. She said "I'm Leafpaw," and thought Hmmph. ThunderClan stench. If she sleeps in the apprentice's den, it'll take an entire moon to wear off.

Ravenstar's breathing slowly stopped. After a few long moments, she gasped, coughing and hacking and springing to her feet. Fernflight was there, watching her. "That was my sixth life." she croaked, shaking out her fur and looking groggily at Fernflight. "Thank you for staying by my side, Fernflight. You will be a great leader someday." she mewed, licking her over the ear. Suddenly, she perked. "Are all the cats alright?" she asked, "Have they gotten out of camp?"

After being draggged many foxlengths to the ShadowClan camp , the young ThunderClan pprentice found herself being roughly thrust into a den that reeked of ShadowClan... which made her sensitive nose twitch. She had yelped in pain at being so roughly handled... not that Yellowpath cared. That's what YOU think, the she-cat thought to herself as the tom told her that she would spend the rest of her life here, in ShadowClan; he had quite possibly underestimated her! She meant to escape, and the momentshe thought he was gone she picked herself up and she sat for a moment... only to have her thoughts interrupted by being prodded by somecat's paw. She turned to see a young apprentice... not much older than herself. The young she-cat smelled of ShadowClan naturally, but... WindClan underneath? She only had time to puzzle about this for a moment before the stranger introduced herself as Leafpaw. "My name is Lynxpaw", she said witha friendly grin, attempting to keep her sensitive nose from twitching furiously at the ShadowClan fox-stench which surrounded her. The young apprentice glanced arround to see who else might be in the den. Something made her feel sorry for this cat... she had probably been a cheerful and kindnatured cat, once; she could see it in her eyes and it was stilll there... though hidden, ShadowClan hadn't been able to entirely extinguish it.

StarClan help me, the apprentice prayed silently... already she missed her friends and the familiar surroundings of the camp. She missed Fernflight and the elders and her fellow ThunderClan apprentices. A sad look crossed her face in spite of herself at the thought that if her plan failed she would never see them again, and if the Storm was bad here... part of her wished she was home helping her mentor with whatever needed done to protect ThunderClan from the storm. Which is why I must not fail... she thought... and who knew, perhaps StarClan had allowed her to be captured by Yellowpath to for exactly such a thing as she was planning...

Edited by LeopardDragon

Silverpaw watched as a few cats entered the camp. He twitched his whiskers as he saw the triumph in Yellowpath's eyes and as he saw the cat with them. Bounding over to the clan deputy, he purred. "What do we have here, Yellowpath? Did you bring another?" he meowed, grinning up at the deputy he so admired. Silverpaw was ruthless and cunning, and loved to please Yellowpath, especially since, in his eyes, Yellowpath should be the leader, not Deadstar. Silverpaw walked over to Yellowpath. "I'll be a warrior soon, right?"

~~~~~~

Briarstar scrambled to the shore, but the soft ground gave way beneath him and he found himself being pulled under. He had only two lives left, if he lost this one he'd be on his last life. "Yewberry!" he called, clawing at the soft ground that he was being pulled away from. he felt water go into his mouth and soon he went limp, slowly drifting away.

~~~~~~~

"Shadowpelt, are you okay?" Oaktail murmured, sitting beside her. He never really had any friends, but he supposed he could call her one. He half-smiled and looked at her closely. It seemed something was troubling her. "What's wrong?" he murmured, his gold eyes concerned.

At that moment she heard another apprentice, evidently one who respected and looked up to Yellowpath, not far from the den begging to know if they had caught 'another one". No doubt he meant cats, the apprentice realized. For some reason this made her angry... more angry than she could ever remember having been. How could this apprentice support Yellowpath when he... she looked back at the other she cat, no doubt another one they had stolen... how could they have done this to her. Her eyes narrowed and went icy as she slipped easily out of the den telling Leafpaw that she would be back, and walked straight up to the young tom. It was as if the fury of LionClan and TigerClan was boiling hot in her viens, and StarClan help anycat that got between her and this cat.

"Who do you think you are" she snarled, staring straight at the young tom," I am NOT some piece of freshkill that has been brought back, so do not talk about me as if I was." Her eyes flashed fiercely.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Silverpaw glared at the cat that approached him and bared his teeth, his tail lashing. "Who do you think you are to up and challenge me? I sure hope you're not fresh kill. Whoever would've caught you would've done the clan wrong. You're too scrawny to be a good meal," he retorted, unsheathing his claws. His green eyes narrowed and he let out a low hiss. "I don't see why they brought you, anyway. You're a scrawny, feisty little thing," he continued, looking at his claws nonchalantly as if she weren't worth his time. He started to walk away, his stride cocky.

The toms's reaction served to enrage the she-cat further, and her usual caution went out the window... she hurled herself at the offender with all the strength she had in her admittedly slender body, hopeing to knock him off of his feet. Her claws were out and she aimed a swipe at his side as she barreled into him. She might be slender, but she was a surprisingly fierce fighter, and she could be surprisingly fast, which might work to her advantage. This cocky tom-cat ought to be taught a few manners... he was a few moons older than herself, but he wasn't anything the equal of Yellowpath's skill in battle she guessed.

"I think, no, I know that I am a ThunderClan apprentice warrior" she snarled" I may be slender," she hissed more softly," but do not ever make the mistake of believing that means I am weak."

Edited by LeopardDragon

The waves of water slowly died down, and Moonpaw could breath again. The cool, fresh air felt so good after swallowing so much water and almost drowning in her own den, the den that cats were supposed to be healed in, to be safe in. Finally, Moonpaw's sensitive nose could smell the way out. She crawled out of the water, exhausted. Her nose twitched as she smelt something that wasn't in ShadowClan camp before the flood. It was a ThunderClan apprentice, probably taken into the camp by a clevershadow or a warrior and ready to be brainwashed. Moonpaw had an idea. Maybe she wouldn't be brainwashed. Moonpaw herself had lived in ShadowClan her whole life and still didn't believe that they had to rule the forest. Maybe the ThunderClan apprentice could help her take down RiverClan and ShadowClan and restore peace. But Moonpaw was getting ahead of herself. First she had to tend to any wounds she had and try to make friends with her. Maybe the ThunderClan apprentice would become Moonpaw's first friend...

She walked over to the apprentice, and was about to ask her to come to the medicine cat den so she could treat her wounds when she remembered that the medicine cat den was still flooded and all the herbs had been washed away. The second thing that stopped her was when she smelt that she was near Yellowpath and the anger-scent that was coming off her. Maybe Moonpaw's plan would work. The ThunderClan apprentice wasn't going down without a fight. Moonpaw decided now would be a good time to get some dock out of the patch just outside of ShadowClan camp and get some cobwebs, too. She padded over and grabbed onto the plant, pulling out some of the leaves. She sniffed the air, but cobwebs don't give off a very strong scent, and the rain had washed the little scent they gave off away, so Moonpaw decided she wouldn't be able to find any unless she walked into one. She padded back to camp, wondering if she should stop what looked like was going to be a fight between the ThunderClan apprentice and Yellowpath.

Silverpaw had expected the she-cat to do this, and whirled around, grinning. "I too am a Shadowclan warrior. And I'm even more than that!" he gloated, rearing on his hind legs for a split second to swipe at her with both paws, his claws now sheathed. He wasn't planning on actually fighting this she-cat. Yellowpath might get mad. Instead, he played it like he had just been joking. "Hey, hey, it's okay. Settle down. I didn't mean what I said, okay? I know things here might be a little difficult at first to adjust to -I was born a Riverclan kit- but you'll get over it. It's great here, really it is. And trust me, i know you're not weak or Yellowpath would've never brought you. He doesn't bring weak cats," he murmured, flicking his tail.

Yewberry had the chance now. He could let Briarstar go. He'd be swept off and he'd loose his remaining lives. Then he would be leader. No problem. Easy. He felt himself think about it far longer than he should have, but then his loyalty kicked in. He could never leave Briarstar to simply drown. No matter how angry he was at the other cat. The black tom lunged forwards, grabbing the other by the scruff and pulling as hard as he could. The two cats were about the same size, however and it was very difficult for him to pull up the other cat. The ground was very soft, he felt his paws slipping, but he didn't give up. This was no way for a RiverClan cat to die.

Lynxpaw stopped her attack, and looked at the tom curiously for a second... then she snorted with disgust and she turned to go back to the apprentices den... she had seen what she assumed must be the medicine cat apprenticce going bout looking for herbs... though the young cat had been watching her... she suspected that she would be paying a visit to the apprentices den before long. Once inside she mewed to Leafpaw that she was back... that Silverpaw could be a problem, though. Leafpaw she wasn't certain how much to trust with. Yes, she would have to speak with the medicine cat.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"It's nothing," Shadowpelt hurriedly assured Oaktail. In truth, she had half-forgotten it already now.

Briarstar gasped and spit out water. He looked at Yewberry very carefully for a long moment. "Yewberry, I am on my last life," he murmured, flicking his tail. Briarstar turned to him. "I need you as my deputy, but I'm not sure you're ready yet," he continued, narrowing his eyes. "I want you to prove to me that you are ready to resume your role again. Get everyone in our clan safely up here and you may. I know this was a very short punishment, but considering the current circumstances... and also, the clan is not to know of this. I don't want them panicked."

~~~~~

Oaktail noticed her hurried response, but didn't press the matter. "I think we have everybody," he meowed, smiling at her. The large tom stood up and shook his wet coat before sitting back down again. "Well, let's hope the water dries up soon," he murmured, watching it carefully as if it might suddenly form a wave and sweep all the Riverclan cats into it.

Yewberry felt anger but he dipped his head to Briarstar. "No one will know of this until you tell them." Yewberry could see Oaktail from the high ground. He jumped, running to the cat's side. "Oaktail! Help me get the Clan up to where Briarstar is." He didn't wait to explain better to the tom. He grabbed a kit into his mouth and jumped back to where Briarstar was. The Queen followed with another kit and so did another warrior with the last one. He dropped the kit and turned to the rest of them. "Briarstar! What of the Elders?!"

Briarstar nodded, wincing as he stood up. He was old enough to be an elder, but he lead the clan as a strong leader and needed to do so now. "Get the elders to as high ground as you can manage. Drag them if you must. I think I saw Oaktail get a few," he murmured, laying back down.

~~~~~~~~~~

Oaktail helped Yewberry with the cats and He gave a confused glance to Shadowpelt. But her hurried, double-time, to get all the cats to Briarstar. "Yewberry! Most of the elders are over here!" he yowled, but just then he noticed a small group of elders yowling and floating away on a huge fallen tree. He glanced meaningfully and both Shadowpelt and Yewberry before starting to head into the water. Because of his large form he was a good swimmer... but this might be a little much... He was going to need the other two's help if they were to rescue those elders.

Greenpaw looked around wildly. The camp was flooding and he didn't know what to do! Yewberry was yowling, and so was Briarstar. All of a sudden, a wave crashed into him, and he fought a bit against the wave. It was too strong! "Help!" he yowled as he was dragged away.

Yewberry didn't look at Briarstar. It was his anger and indignant feelings that spurred him onwards. He jumped in after Oaktail. The water was wicked fast and he felt himself struggling desperately to keep his head above water. Yewberry was a small tom, and the strength of the water was brutal. He swam to where the Elders were and looked at the nearest she-cat. "Hold onto my scruff, Grasspelt!" The she-cat latched onto his scruff and he grunted. It was a bit harder than he'd have liked, but the tom swam back to where Briarstar was anyway, panting and coughing up water. "There's one." He heard an apprentice yowling. Greenpaw. The tom jumped back in, not waiting to catch his breath and grabbed at the cat's scruff. It was, however, too hard to. "Grab my scruff!"

Edited by Kokay

Venompaw looked to see that camp was flooding, he knew he had to get to high ground and fast. He looked to see Greenpaw get pushed away by the waves. Venompaw grabbed a stick and ran to Greenpaw alongside the flood. "Greenpaw grab the stick!" murmured Venompaw with the stick in his mouth hoping to pull him in.

Edited by orange

Oaktail hissed and dived after the two apprentices. "Get out of here! I don't care who you think you are, get your butts out of the water!" he growled, grabbing Greenpaw's scruff and pushing the young tom towards Yewberry. "Get him back, I need to help the elders!" he yowled, finally reaching the elders and grabbing one. He headed back into the water and felt his legs slowly tired out. He barely made it to shore, but he did, panting as he set the elder on the ground.

Edited by Packgoater

Yewberry swam as fast as he could. His legs screamed angrily at him, but he kept going. Greenpaw was soon to Briarstar. "I-I..." Yewberry almost said he couldn't keep going, but he steeled his face and shook his head. "I need more warriors to help. Come on Pigeonfoot." He ordered a nearby warrior. Together they set off to retrieve the remaining Elders. He returned Briarstar once more, gasping for breath. "That's the last Elder. Where is Oaktail?"

Shadowpelt struck out in the wild waves. She saw a flash of golden-brown spotted fur as Oaktail dived in to save Greenpaw, then distantly heard Yewberry's yowl of where Oaktail was. Taking in a breath, she struck out to Oaktail and Greenpaw. The current was strong. They might need help, two cats were better than one. Swimming to behind Greenpaw, she suddenly shot forward and gave him a shove in the direction of high ground. Swimming urgently forward, she continued to push the apprentice forward.

Greenpaw's eyes were wild as many things happened. Venompaw had offered him a stick and then Oaktail had saved both of them. Shadowpelt was now pushing him toward saftey. "Where's Venompaw?" he asked, sounding afraid. His eyes were narrowed against the wind and rain.