TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

"Yewberry, if I told the clan, the clan would be panicked. I cannot tell them. One day you'll understand. I would gt a patrol and go to Windclan. I fear they or Thunderclan will be in the most danger right now," Briarstar wheezed, getting to his feet. "I need to go as well. I don't know how long or short it will be, but I am certain I shall not live till greenleaf," he continued, though he didn't seem to be troubled by this. "Don't worry. You'll be fine. You'll be a good leader for our clan."

~~~~~

Oaktail looked at his apprentice. "Yeah, I'm fine. It really wasn't your fault, you know?" he meowed, stretching. His side really hurt where it got smashed up against he rocks, but he wasn't going to tell anyone about that. It probably was nothing, just a bruise.

"Still I'm sorry, I shouldnt have tried to save the day because everyone knows that I can't save any one.. I just shouldn't have tried because I could've put our lives at risk.."Venompaw sadly said. "But I'll try better next time and not fail!"Venompaw said. "So why are we going to do about camp Oaktail?"

"You shouldn't strain yourself, Briarstar. It's not healthy." Yewberry shook his head. The tom looked at the Clan. There only appeared to be a few warriors capable of continuing on. Oaktail, Venompaw, Greenpaw, and a young warrior Fernpelt. He looked at the cats. "Oaktail, Venompaw, Greenpaw and Fernpelt! Come! We're going to see what other Clans need our aid. We'll stop by WindClan first." He ordered loudly. Fernpelt was first to his side, dipping her head in respect. "Briarstar, you need to rest, please. I can handle a patrol."

Briarstar shook his head. "I've always come, Yewberry, and I'm not about to stop that now," he rasped, clearly determined. He stood up and shook his coat off, putting on the strong leader facade for his clan. "I can do this, Yewberry. I know my limits," he continued, looking at the young tome with coal-black eyes.

Oaktail shook his head. "Venompaw, I would've done the same when I was your age. It's only natural. And you can save people. You were the one to catch up to Greenpaw and keep him there until we got to him. You're just as important as the rest of us. you apprentices are the future of our clan," he meowed, before padding up to Yewberry and flicking his tail as a signal for Venompaw to follow. As always, the golden-brown tom refused to dip his head to Yewberry. He was still bitter about Briarstar's choice of deputy. "You wanted something?" the bengal remarked, distaste not even hidden in his voice.

Yewberry struggled to keep his anger down. His voice was smooth, but his eyes were sharp and angry. "Respect would be nice, Oaktail. That's no way to act in front of an Apprentice." He said quietly. The tom turned his eyes towards the WindClan borders. "We'll be going on patrol to see if the other Clans need our help. WindClan is first. Briarstar will be joining us."

((Oh, and don't ask me how Oaktail even got an apprentice, because I don't know. xd.png))

Oaktail smirked and flicked his tail, his eyes narrowing. "Touchy, are you?" he sneered. It was Briarstar who then stepped in, cuffing Oaktail's head. "You should learn some respect, Oaktail. Bitterness is not attractive," the old tom calmly meowed, nodding to Yewberry. Oaktail's ears flattened to his head and he glared at the jet-black tom, but made no further remark, even though it was clear he longed to, with his tail lashing from side to side and his mouth barely biting back a snarl.

Greenpaw saw Streakflame and Rainshadow. He raced up to him, his green eyes flashing in worry. "What happened?" he asked, flicking his tail and sniffing at Streakflame. "Is she... dead?" he asked, looking up at the deputy. He didn't like when his own Clan members died.

Yewberry didn't say another word to the disrespectful warrior. He led the way to WindClan territories, seeing a cat and the WindClan deputy. He ran forwards, his heart racing. "What's wrong with this cat?" He saw the cat's fur was dripping wet. His worst fear was the death of a cat. He looked at the she-cat, fearful. "Has she drowned, Rainshadow? Or is she still alive? We can help her if her heart is still beating." He said quietly, not sure that he truly could.

Venompaw went on patrol with Oaktail, Yewberry, Greenpaw and Fernpelt. "Hey Oaktail, when are we going to go hunting? I love hunting it is so fun, I hope I catch a big juicy rabbit and mouse! I hope no one got hurt in WindClan or ThunderClan...." Not ShadowClan their evil or at least most of them..[\I]

Edited by orange

After treating the queen and her kits, Nightpaw gazed around, and to her relief no one else seemed to be hurt. However, she noticed a patrol of cats heading towards WindClan territory. "Hm?" she muttered to herself. Pricking her ears, she heard something about the patrol going to check if any of the other clans needed help. She ran over to her pile of herbs, snatched them in her mouth, and raced after them. "Wait!" she panted when she was a few fox-lengths behind them. "You'll need these, if any cat is hurt."

Briarstar flicked his tail to the medicine cat apprentice. "Come along, then. I don't know where your mentor is. It's starting to get me worried," the tom stated, nodding to the young she-cat. "You're the one who knows how to use them," he chuckled, his eyes kind. He watched as Yewberry and a few others raced on ahead to a couple cats, one of which looked like it could use some help.

Oaktail ran forward as he saw a few cats, one of which looked to be in bad shape. "Are you both alright?" he asked, looking at the cat who looked nearly drowned, at the least. He shuddered as he thought about how that was almost him. Luckily he had been rescued before it had progressed this far.

Bear looked around at the Loners and Rogues who had come early this month to the Gathering. Mouse was here. He had always liked her, even though she acted like an old, fat kittypet with a thorn in her foot all the time. He licked his chest and scowled at the rain outside. Everything was wet. He hated wet. The young tom stood up and stalked over to Mouse. "Hey, little cat. It's time we get going. The Clans are going to need help. Y'know, them dumb cats who think chillin' together is a good idea. I figure they're all probably drowning about now." He purred, glad he was a Rogue and not a Clan cat. "It's good we're not too stupid to not leave when the rains come. Oh well, it'll be nice to help them out every now and then, eh? It'll make you big with the rest of the cats. Even if you're grumpier than a badger with a sore tooth." He purred and stood up, stepping out into the rain.

((you guys left me like 3 pages to read! i'm skimmed most of it, so if i make a mistake sorry xd.png))

Honeystar saw Rainshadow crouched over by his mate Streakflame. She sighed softly and looked up at the sky. By now, the rain was easing a little, but the flood was as worse as ever. She gently sniffed Streakflame's fur and said "Let's bring her to the other hill."

Leafpaw watched Lynxpaw fight Silverpaw, and then watched her go around the camp. She sighed softly and felt her insides fighting against each other.A new strong apprentice for ShadowClan is good right? But what about ThunderClan? THey must be missing her greatly... But still, ShadowClan deserves to rule the forest! Or does it really? She felt torn apart and lay down, trying to nap, hoping it would help her.

Fernflight nodded to Ravenstar and asked "Do you think you're well enough to go? The rest of the Clan is over by the Twoleg nest i think. It's just us here." She tried to start walking but stopped as her paw was wrenched with pain. She inhaled sharply and licked her paw gingerly.

Mouse looked over at Bear. At one point she had been a kittypet with a stupid name, probably one like 'Princess' or something cliche, but now she had totally abandoned that lifestyle and was a 100% feral cat. So Mouse was never terribly keen on being near a large amount of cats, usually one or two was her limit unless it was time for Bear's Gathering. The idea of helping clans of them was apalling to her. "There better not me too many cats, otherwise I'm outta there," she growled, though it was an obvious lie. Mouse stuck close to Bear when she could. He was like the brother she couldn't remember having. "And I'm not that little," she grouched, frowning as she licked her mouse-colored gray-brown pelt that earned Mouse her name.

Rainshadow looked at Honeystar and nodded, meowing, "Right."

Looking at the ThunderClan patrol, he sighed. "I'm not sure if she's alive or not, but ..." he trailed off. "I'll need help getting her to the other hill, as Honeystar ordered."

Rainshadow looked at Streakflame, then did a double-take. There it was!

Her flank was raising and falling.

"She's alive ..." he meowed, his voice weak with relief.

Nightpaw nodded once at her leader and trotted after Yewberry and the others to the cats up ahead. One of them looked in very bad shape, and Nightpaw quickly ran over the uses of her herbs in her head to make sure she selected the right one. Coming up behind Streakflame, she sniffed at the she-cats fur with a flick of her tail. "No, wait, don't move her. She's still alive, and it will just make it harder for her to breathe if you drag her around like that," she mewed quietly. "However, she's just barely breathing. StarClan will have her if we don't help her soon. You," she said, turning to Rainshadow. "Chew up this yarrow and get it down her throat. It will bring up any water in her stomach." The small she-cat padded around to Streakflame's chest and used her paws to press over her heart, hoping to get it beating quicker. In all honesty, Streakflame didn't seem like she would make it, but Nightpaw just couldn't sit around and let her die without doing anything.

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

Rainshadow nodded and picked up the herbs, wrinkling his nose in disgust at the flavor. He started chewing the yarrow to a pulp. He watched the apprentice work on the she-cat, noticing the look of sorrow in her eyes. When he had chewed the leaves to a pulp, he looked at Streakflame. He sighed, hoping that Nightpaw would be able to save the she-cat. "You think she's not going to make it, right?" Rainshadow asked. "I could tell by the look in your eyes."

The young medicine cat apprentice sighed, and without looking away from the she-cat in front of her, she said, "She's in bad shape. I can't know for sure what will happen to her, but at the moment it doesn't look to good." Pausing, she lowered her ears and whispered, "I'm sorry." She then pricked her ears back up and hardened her gaze, pressing harder on the she-cats chest. "Now get that down her throat. The quicker she coughs up that water, the better. Everyone else, unless you are helping me in some way, I'd suggest you step back unless you want whatever's in her stomach all over your paws."

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

Rainshadow nodded. He put the pulp into her mouth, then gently rubbed her throat to get most of it down. He waited for a few heartbeats, then suddenly, she started to vomit. It was a mixture of water with traces of yarrow leaves. He looked at Nightpaw, asking, "Should I chew more up?"

Bear laughed at Mouse's indignant response. "You'll always be little to me, Mouse." He muttered. He led the way to the nearest Clan territory. It was ThunderClan if he remembered correctly. It was very close to the WindClan territory to. He shook his fur and saw the nearest cats. He ran. They were tending to a drowned cat. He looked at the cats, his eyes sharp. He didn't want them to attack him, he was a known Rogue. "Hey, y'all know you should tilt her head back. Open up her airway. Once that's done, you should push against her stomach. I've seen humans do it to our kind before." He said quietly.

Nightpaw huffed at Bear, not even noticing he was a rouge as she moved one paw from Streakflame's chest and onto her stomach. "What does it look like we're doing?" she snapped, beginning to lose her patience with so many cats appearing. "Rainshadow, that should be enough yarrow. It looks like that was most of the water, and even if there is more in her stomach it shouldn't be much of a problem." With relief, she felt the she-cats breathing and heartbeat becoming stronger, and thought that maybe she would make it after all.

Streakflame coughed, a hint of water coming out of her muzzle. She opened her eyes, blinking a few times to clear her blurry sight. She felt pressure on her stomach, uncomfortable but bearable. "R- ... Rainshadow?" she whispered.

Rainshadow looked at her open eyes, breathing a sigh of relief. "I'm right here, Streakflame." he replied, gently touching his nose to her cheek. He looked into her amber eyes and saw how worn-out she looked. "Nightpaw came and helped me clear the water from your stomach." he explained. "ThunderClan sent out a patrol."

Edited by Kamiko_Cullen

Deadstar was regretting her idea to go off hunting earlier, as it had ended quite badly. The tabby she-cat was soaked to the bone, covered in scratches and pine needles. The rain and flood had washed away the scent of a rat nest near the abandoned Twoleg place, and her hunting had brought the ShadowClan leader in contact with a number of the beasts, trying to escape the rain as well.

She had eventually beaten the rats, but making it back to camp was difficult, even in good weather, she would have taken some time. In this downpour? It felt like forever, and every moment away from the medicine cat den was another moment for her wounds to get infected. She hadn't even bothered to stop and dig up what prey she had managed to catch earlier, and made an immediate beeline for the medicine cat den as soon as she reached the camp.

Despite the fact that neither the medicine cat, nor their apprentice, were present, Deadstar curled up inside the den, closing her eyes and simply trying to ignore the cold and the pain until one of them returned.

Nightpaw sighed in relief and stepped back from Streakflame, her tail twitching. Turning to Bear, she sighed and said, "Yes, I'm sorry, you're right. I get touchy when cats watch me work, but your method was correct and I shouldn't have snapped." She blinked, wondering why she was even bothering to apologize to this cat she didn't even know, but she dismissed it and trotted over to the herbs she had dropped near Rainshadow. Grabbing a few juniper berries, she trotted over to the soaked Streakflame and dropped them by her mouth. "Here, eat these," she said. "They'll help get your energy up and soothe any bellyache you might get from swallowing all that water." She swished her tail and stepped back, giving the she-cat some room.

Bear's tail lashed quickly as he watched the young cat work. Who did she think she was. The scent of the cat was fishy. She wasn't like the others. "What are you? A kit from FishClan or something?" He asked bitterly. Bear knew he'd been right. He looked at the other cats. He was out numbered here. Even with Mouse. He may be big and a fairly good fighter, but he'd never stand a chance against so many Clan cats. Their life was fighting. Then again, so was his, but in a different way. "I may be a Rogue, but I deserve more respect than any kit from any Clan. That much I know." He bristled slightly in indignation.