TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

Lynxpaw lay curled up in the opening to the apprentices den, which was fortunately well above where the flooding was. She had seen that the medacine cat's den had been flooded, as she had slinked around the camp mostly unnoticed. She had talked to a number of apprentices, although she had yet to get to talk to the medecine cat... she had a few wounds that she wanted to have seen to, that she had gotten when she had been captured b Yellowpath. her thoughts went back to the cats in her Clan. Was ThunderClan's camp in danger as well... Oh, how she wished that she could be there to help out however she could. As it was, she needed to be patient, she wasn't certain which cats she could trust... she might reveal her plan to a few of the apprentices she had seen who had been taken, as she had been.. Moonpaw, or so she had herd the medacine cat apprentice named might or might not wish to leave.

Watching the cat's go by from where she sat, it became apparent that day to day life in ShadowClan was not very different from that in her own... the elders and kits needed to be cared for, freshkill had to be caught. But there was a difference,too. There were a few kits and apprentices with scared, hollow eyed expressions, as if what made them, well... them was being slowly stripped away to make way for ... something essle.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Username: Titan

Name: Skyheart

Clan: Windclan

Position: Warrior

Appearance: White with black patches, green eyes, lots of fur. It intimidates enemies, causing them to think he is large. He's also missing a claw on his front-left paw.

Personality: He seems rough, but he's kindhearted on the inside. Some think this is caused by a scarring past...

History: Not much is known about him, but some think he had a scarring past. One day, he just appeared in Windclan's camp, bloody and beaten. The med cat took care of him, and the clan sort of became attached to him over time. Soon enough, he was welcomed as a member of the clan.

Other: None

*Rosestar

Edited by Titan

Venompaw bounded up behind Greenpaw. "Here I am Greenpaw, sorry I couldn't help! Are you doing ok?"Venompaw asked. "I wish this flood would stoop soon, its getting really cold outside!" Murmured Venompaw who was shivering.

Username: Titan

Name: Skyheart

Clan: Windclan

Position: Warrior

Appearance: White with black patches, green eyes, lots of fur.  It intimidates enemies, causing them to think he is large.  He's also missing a claw on his front-left paw.

Personality: He seems rough, but he's kindhearted on the inside.  Some think this is caused by a scarring past...

History: Not much is known about him, but some think he had a scarring past.  One day, he just appeared in Windclan's camp, bloody and beaten.  The med cat took care of him, and the clan sort of became attached to him over time.  Soon enough, he was welcomed as a member of the clan.

Other: None

*Rosestar

(Psst! There's an OCC thread! wink.gif)

Edited by Kamiko_Cullen

Silverpaw yawned and went back inside the apprentice's den, looking over at the cat he had nearly fought before. "I'm Silverpaw. Who're you?" he murmured, genuinely curious. He would need to convince her to be on Shadowclan's side, because he was sure that she wasn't now. There was something quick and cunning about her, and Silverpaw wasn't sure he liked it at all.

~~~~~~

Briarstar nodded to Yewberry. "Go on. Your duties are restored," he wheezed, laying his head on his paws. His age was starting to catch up with him. He looked around. Where was Oaktail. That was when he spotted the tom, dragged out back into the lake and struggling to find something to grab onto. "He's out there. And Yewberry, I'm not going to see next greenleaf. I want to tell you that you're like the son I never had. I'm proud of you. You'll be a good leader," he murmured, before yawning and standing up.

~~~~~~

Oaktail felt the current pull him under and drag him away from the land. He spluttered and made it to the surface, but only barely. The golden tom struggled to grab onto something, but felt himself quickly lose energy. He felt his body slam into a few rocks, where it stayed, pressed to them by the current, before everything went black and he lost all consciousness.

Edited by Packgoater

Streakflame looked at Honeystar and saw her leader struggling. Getting to safety, she set the kit down and plunged back in the water to help her leader. As started to swim towards Honeystar, a wave came crashing down on her. No! she thought. I can't drown now! I have a clan to help!

Struggling to get to the surface, she let out her breath. She couldn't hold it any longer! She struggled, but black started to creep into her vision. She was going to drown in the water ... Rainshadow ... I'm sorry ... was her last thought before she closed her eyes ...

Rainshadow assisted the elders to where Streakflame set the kit down and looked for his mate. He was worried about her. I know something's wrong! Where is she?! he thought frantically. "Stay here and help the kits." he ordered. "I'm going to look for Streakflame!"

Diving into the water, he tried to find her shape in the murky water, but it was too foggy. Going back to the surface, he swam to where he last saw her. Taking a breath, he dove down and looked again.

A few tail-lengths away, he saw something muddy white in the water. Swimming towards it, he started to pick out features of his mate. Grabbing her scruff, he swam to the surface again. When his head surfaced, he tilted it so Streakflame could breathe.

When he got to the elders again, he set her down on the sodden land. She was eerily still. "Streakflame?" he asked. He parted her jaws, and water trickled out. Placing a paw on her flank, he pressed downward until he saw more water come out of his mate's muzzle. "Streakflame, don't go away from me yet!" he cried, washing Streakflame's sodden pelt.

Venompaw looked behind him and saw Oaktail, passed out near the rocks. He ran toward Oaktail. "Oaktail are you ok, Oaktail?!"Venompaw franticly asked. Venompaw waded into the deep water and grabbed Oaktail's scruff and tried to pull him onto shore. He couldn't do it, he let go and tried to swim back.

Edited by orange

((Oaktail's far out. He's a big cat, so he's far enough that his energy has all but left him. And he's in deep water. xd.png Venompaw could try to get to him, and then whoever decides to rescue Oaktail will probably have to do the same for Venompaw. Mwahaha! Causing trouble is fun biggrin.gif))

Yewberry saw Briarstar. He said something the tom would never expect to hear. It hurt. He couldn't die. Loads of cats made it older than he did. The leader still had... No. He only had one life. Yewberry didn't give himself time to brood. He dove back into the water, swimming as fast as he could to Oaktail. Venompaw had tried to help the cat, but hadn't been able to do so fully. He latched on to Oaktail's scruff and heaved the large cat bit by bit back to the high ground. His legs screamed as did his lungs. Agony washed over him as he gasped for breath. This was like nothing ever before. StarClan! Help me now if you never do again! He pleaded mentally. After a gruelling few minutes, he was able to return Oaktail to the others. He turned back to Venompaw. "Can you swim back?!"

Oaktail spluttered and coughed, weakly looking up at Yewberry. He felt like he could sleep for moons... "Th-thanks," he managed, struggling to stand up. This was so undignified. How could he ever regain a sense of pride after being rescued by that scrawny deputy? Shaking himself off, the Bengal was able to sit up and walk a little ways away from the water. "Venompaw!" he yowled, worried about the apprentice.

"I'll, try." Venompaw trudged his legs back to shore. Venompaw's legs were screaming in agony, he got a good mouthful of water. StarClan, Help me!! Venompaw found a rock to kick off of, he finally got into water he can touch the bottom in. He got on land and panted thanking StarClan for saving him. "I'm ok Oaktail!!"

Edited by orange

Yewberry was relieved to see that Venompaw made it okay. It seemed as though things had worked out just fine. He turned back to Briarstar, his eyes full of pride for his Clan. "Briarstar! I think we have gotten everyone to safety!" Yewberry now looked back at Oaktail. The cat seemed to be less than pleased that he'd been saved. Thought, he was sure it was because it was himself who had done it. In reality, Yewberry was a far smaller tom than Oaktail. The black tom cat walked to Briarstar's side and surveyed the Clan. His heart raced as he realized they were missing an Elder. He lowered his head in respect for the cat's life. "Icefur has been swept away by the flood, Briarstar." He muttered quietly.

(Nyeh. Haven't posted here in a while. lD Lets just say that Nightpaw was out gathering herbs away from the river, and she came back to find it flooded.~ Idk about Shadeflame though, she's hard to RP. Maybe I should just kill her off in the flood? lD)

Nightpaw, who had been out gathering herbs, gasped in horror when she returned to the flood. Panicking, she hissed, dropped her pile of herbs, and bounded over to where her clan was sheltering, trying hard not to be swept away by the water rising and falling around her paws. Looking around, she spotted Briarstar, and quickly ran over to him. "What happened? Is anyone hurt?" she panted.

Briarstar looked at Yewberry. "When you're our leader you'll see that not everyone can be saved every time. You did well, though. You handled the situation with grace," he murmured, his voice husky. As another cat approached him he stood up taller. He had to look confident in front of his clan. "We've had a flood. Icefur has been swept away," he murmured, his head bowing in respect for the elder. "We shall hold vigil tonight."

Nightpaw dipped her head, her tail drooping for the loss of Icefur. She glanced over at Oaktail nearby, and noticed how tired the soaking wet tom looked. "Are you alright?" she asked with concern. "I have poppy seeds or chamomile, if you need them." The young medicine cat looked around for her mentor to help out, but just like at the recent gathering, she couldn't find him, so she shrugged and turned back to the much larger tom.

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

Yewberry stood tall. He knew the apprentice. The Medicine Cat apprentice. Briarstar was weak, but he'd never accept help before the rest of the clan received it. Yewberry looked to where the Queen was. He walked forwards, towards the young cat. "I think that Greeneyes' and her kits need some help. Please, see to them. I will be able to help you soon enough. With whatever I can." He sighed quietly. He didn't have any clue what to do for the cats now, but, perhaps, there wouldn't be much information needed to help him. He turned his eyes to Briarstar. "Briarstar, what did you mean about what you said earlier?"

"I've said many things. Which one?" the old tome murmured, looking at Yewberry through half-lidded eyes. He coughed for a long moment before looking back up at Yewberry, smiling. "You're a good tom. You make good decisions, that's why I chose you for deputy. You wouldn't make any rash decisions like some," he muttered, looking at Oaktail pointedly.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Oaktail looked up at the apprentice, frowning. He stood up, shaking himself off. "I-I'm fine," he stuttered, looking around. Icefur was missing, and he thought he heard someone say she was swept away. Oaktail flattened his ears. That had almost been him. He had almost been that cat.

Seeing the apprentice leave, Yewberry looked at his leader. He felt for the tom. He had always liked Briarstar, much like a father. He looked at the older tom with soft eyes now and sat back on his haunches. "Briarstar, you said something about not making it to next greenleaf. Surely," He felt his own panic rising at the thought of the tom leaving so quickly. "Surely, you were mistaken. You have a long life ahead of you. You are... You're not even old yet." He said quietly. Perhaps that was a lie. Yewberry thought of his own age. Briarstar had been a warrior when he was born, but a young one. "You're tired, perhaps you should rest."

Moonpaw waited for the ThunderClan apprentice to be done talking to the other ShadowClan apprentices. As far as she could tell, the apprentices' name was Lynxpaw. Then she picked up the bundle of dock and walked over to her. "Can I speak to you in private?" she whispered. "Maybe the forest?" Moonpaw walked out of the camp, using her nose to avoid puddles and trees. Once they were a safe distance from camp, she turned around. "Do you want the war to end as much as I do?" she asked. She hoped Lynxpaw did, or she would be in trouble. Moonpaw hadn't told any one about her dreams in her life...

Lynxpaw had been somewhat surprised when the medacine cat apprentice had asked her to speak with her in private, but medacine cats often had reasons of their own for much of what they did and given the fact that the only cats these days that walked the path of the medacine cat were those with a greater than normal fear of StarClan, she trusted her. Ahw nodded the affirmative and began to follow the other cat. When they reached a spot, after carefully avoiding the puddles that were everywhere, that suited the other she-cat, she was even more surprised by the question the she-cat asked. " Of course I want the war to end," she mewed earnestly," Nearly all of ThunderClan do... far too many innocent cats have lost their lives as a result. Let's face it,the problem," she sighed " is that there are plenty of other cats that do not." After a momen't pause she continued," We never agreed with ShadowClan trying to rule the forest, We... I... don't believe that that is StarClan's will. They gave us four clans, and each with different sets of skills; I believe that is how they meant it to be... not one clan ruling the forest." She hoped that this did not offend the ShadowClan cat." The problem is as it has always been... Unless certain things change, I do not see how the war can end."

She looked at the other cat cautiously... hoping tha what she said made sense, and also curious as to what the other she-cat had in mind. She must have a plan of somesort...

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Yewberry, I meant what I said. I won't make it," Briarstar muttered, knowing what he said was true. There was a lump in his belly and he had felt it grow larger, promising certain doom. "I won't make it. Not because I'm old, Yewberry. I'm dying," he murmured, too quiet for any other cat to hear. "Starclan has told me my own fate. They have not said how I shall die, but they have told me I won't see next greenleaf. It is certain, Yewberry," he continued, his voice rough and crackly.

Rainshadow looked at Streakflame. "You can't leave me!" he whispered in agony. He had tried everything he could to revive his mate, but it seemed all in vain. "Streakflame!!!" he yowled, raising his head to the sky. He couldn't believe it. His mate, his only love, was gone. He was all alone. Again. He looked at Streakflame, sorrow, grief, and pain in his eyes. "Why, StarClan? Why did you take her from me?!" he yowled in pain.

Venompaw panted, tired from coming back in from the flood, his legs still screamed in agony. "Oaktail are you ok?" Venompaw asked wondering if he got hurt. "Sorry I got stuck out in the flood..." Venompaw said gloomily. Venompaw saw Greenpaw and walked towards him. Vnompaw stepped on something sharped he looked and it was a thorn, he just yanked it out and went to Greenpaw. "Are you doing ok Greenpaw?" Venompaw asked.

((Maybe talking to Venompaw?))

Edited by orange

Yewberry was obviously disturbed by this news. He licked his chest, trying to calm down enough to speak intelligently to his leader. How could Briarstar know? It was of some relief that he wasn't dying of old age, but only a little bit. Yewberry clenched his eyes shut. After a moment, he opened them. "Briarstar, how will you tell the Clan? How... When? How soon? You can't leave us so soon after a flood. We haven't even tolled up how many cats we've lost. I hope," He glanced over the Clan once more. "It was only Icefur, but a flood like that could have killed so many more cats. A-And the other Clans. RiverClan has always been there to help the other Clans in times of floods. Should I create a patrol and see if the others need help?" It was all too much. Yewberry was lost. He wasn't ready to be leader, he still needed guidance.