TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

It had only taken a under an hour. Bear was done. He stood next to Moose and purred proudly. Together, the two cats had invited every Clan to go to the Loner's Gathering taking place in only a few days. Moose still mourned the loss of his brother, as did Bear, but it was life. As Bear walked away from RiverClan territory, his mind drifted to Yewberry. That cat had something about him. He was so... Rogue like. And yet, he was a Deputy in a Clan. The wonders of the Clan cats never ceased to amaze Bear. Moose ran ahead to the meeting place, bent on alerting his mother to the loss of Dirt. Bear was sure her sympathy would be fake and short-lived, but it would support Moose just enough.

Just then, one of the apprentices, Fernpaw, came up to Honeystar. "Honeystar?" she asked.

"Yes? What is it Fernpaw?'

"A loner came up to me just a little while ago. He told me about a loner's gathering and whether or not we should go. He said it was at the island (a decently good place)) and we should bring our prey. It's tomorrow's sundown. He wanted to know if we're going."

Honeystar thought for a second, then said "I'll consider it. Thank you Fernpaw."

The young apprentice dipped her head, then went back to the other apprentices.

Mouse trotted up beside Bear, a haughty look on her face and even just in her movements. "Bear, why'd you invite the clans? They're fools, so why even bother with them? We don't need to associate with their kind," she said, wrinkling her nose and lashing her tail. "There'll be too many cats. I won't like it," Mouse stated, obviously very determined to not like it at all costs. Her mousy grey body was held erect, her chest forward, her chin tilted upward, her feet lightly touching the ground. Her nostrils briefly tightened, showing her nervousness and... excitment? Could it be?

"Mouse, go chew on a bone or something. Next thing I know you'll be wagging your tail and barking at me. Down, kitty. I think I can handle myself." Bear pushed her playfully. Standing up, the large cat looked at the turn out. It was a large turnout this year. He felt proud. "We invited the Clans to teach them. Perhaps they'll wise up and turn their noses from the rules and regulations of Clan life. That Yewberry, he's a rogue in the Clans. He's got something wrong with him that makes him not fit in the Clans as well. Perhaps that will make him a great leader for them, or an even greater friend to us all." Bear's eyes were wise. Though he wasn't an old cat, he had seen more than any Clan cat could ever boast of. He purred now, proud of what he had started. "Mouse, do you remember that one Gathering when the dog chased us out here?"

((where should I put Shadowpelt? I can't seem to find a good place. I'm not even sure where she is right now.))

(If you're still accepting, here yar!)

Username: Poke11

Name: Thistlepaw

Clan: Thunderclan

Position: Apprentice

Appearance: Thistlepaw

Personality: She is a very shy she-cat, but is very eager. She Likes to hunt, run around, and is very loyal. She also doesn't trust easily and is very patient, which helps her hunting instincts.

History: When she was younger, her mother and father died on a Thunderpath, so she blocked anything and anybody out from her life. Only recently has she let other cats from the clans back in, which was right after her apprenticeship ceremony.

Other: Rosestar

((TMD we need you! is this storm over or not cause i don't wanna keep posting "Oh. When will this end? *grumbles*"))

Username: Dragon Hunter

Name: Riverpool

Clan: Riverclan

Position: Warrior (Wants to be Deputy

Appearance: (I am going to find a picture.)

Personality: She is a very loyal, brave cat who will look after the young no matter what. She can be shy but she is kind and always is kind to everyone in her clan. She really wants to be a Deputy one day though. She would die for her clan and can be sarcastic at times. She is good friends with most of the cats and is goodhearted, she is a joy to be around and loves to pull your strings. She is quite snappy though at times if she wants to be.

History: She was born in Riverclan but her mom was part Thunderclan so she never knew her mom. She knows her dad because he was born in Riverclan so Riverpool is half clan but she is a very loyal cat and her brother is Sunfall in Thunderclan (I am most likely going to make Sunfall unless someone else wants to?)

Other: *Rosestar

Edited by Dragon Hunter

((The storm has ended. Pretend it's the next day. ^^ Accepted, but Riverpool can't be deputy, though.))

((isn't sunfall long dead?))

Honeystar yawned and woke up to the sound of water rushing. The water had fallen considerably since yesterday but was still covering their camp. They had been forced to sleep on the hill and had gotten next to nothing to eat. In another day or two though, the water would be down enough that they would be able to return, though the elders would probably complain about the wet moss. Just then, a dead rabbit floated past on the small waves. She hooked it out with her claw, and deemed it fit to eat. Tossing half to the elders and half to the kits and queens, she sat down and watched the water drip.

Fernflight yawned and looked around her. The forest was dripping with water from yesterday's storm, which seemed like a nightmare. She paw a small leaf, and sniffed around for any prey. There didn't seem to be any, so she sat back down and asked Ravenstar, "What now?"

Leafpaw wook up, still deliriously happy from her dream. Then, she seemed to remember where she was, and sat up, daintily licking her paw. She peeked outside of the den and saw that their camp hardly affected from yesterday's storm. She nodded happily, then though about attacking the other clan's while they were weak. A small voice in her head decided firmly against it, so she just yawned and asked Moonpaw, "You need any help gathering herbs or something?"

Streakflame, having recovered from her near-drowning experience, was gazing out over the floodwater. She was leaning against Rainshadow, her tail twined with his. Her head was lowered slightly, and she seemed to be rapidly meowing something to the silver-gray tom.

Rainshadow was listening to his mate. She was telling him about her kithood for once. She was explaining the horrendous battle with DewClan. Her clan was wiped out within a sunrise of the battle's beginning.

"I know, Streakflame." he murmured, giving her a quick lick between the ears. "I've lost my family, too."

Streakflame looked up at him, her eyes full of sorrow and pain. "What happened?" she asked.

"Shortly after WindClan adopted me, my mother was struck with a deathly fever. She died shortly after she caught it. It spread to my father and my sister, and they both died shortly after Sapphire." Rainshadow murmured. "I still miss them, but I'd never leave you, Streakflame. I'd die protecting you and our kits."

((We'll be rebuilding camp. Yew will talk to her.))

Yewberry was shaken. Everything about his life was just thrown into a violent whirlwind of strange events. He was confused, but no other cat was allowed to see that. No. He was the RiverClan Deputy. Perhaps he wasn't Leader, but many cats still looked to him for guidance. And so, whether or not he was rash and thoughtless at points, he still had to put on a good face for the others of his clan. The young tom's midnight colored coat sparkled in the sunlight. It was time to move the warriors. They would have a long day of rebuilding ahead of them. "Warriors! Apprentices! Every cat able-bodied! It is time to rebuild! I want a hunting party out and hunting for the weak now. Oaktail, choose a few apprentices. We need the warriors for working. Let's move!" He yowled. As tired as the clan was, they had to be ready. Even if they were allied with ShadowClan, the mangy cats were notorious for their back-stabbing techniques.

Shadowpelt had found her way back to the camp, just in time to hear Yewberry's yowl. She trotted over to the hunting party. "I don't think there would be any prey out because of that earlier downpour," she murmured. She supposed that by the end of the hunt there would be numerous holes dug up in the wet dirt, where the burrows of animals would be, and there would be more than one pelt spotted with mud and slicked down in splashed puddles.

((had to post something))

Riverpool padded over to Yewberry, slightly shaking. She dipped her head respectually to the Deputy "Can I do a-anything to help?" she stammered slightly, her meow was shaken because she had been shaken up when the storm had come and her fur was plasted against her side. She shivered and looked at him. She knew she was probably gonna get even more wet so she sighed but then she the sparkling sun. It lit up her cold coat and her tawny brown eyes soft.

Edited by Dragon Hunter

Nightpaw stretched and yawned, lashing her tail from side to side. She had been woken from her sleep by Yewberry's yowling - and it was a good thing, too, as she needed to go collect more herbs to replace the ones she had used on the cats hurt from the flood. With a sneeze, she trotted out of the medicine den and headed towards Yewberry. "Can you spare a warrior or two? I need to go out and collect herbs, and I'll need an extra paw to help me carry them back. I'd ask Brightsky, but I don't know where she is."

Brightwish came padding up to her apprentice. "My name isn't Brightsky, it's Brightwish, Nightpaw." she mewed, flicking her tail affectionately over the apprentice's ear. "And stop acting like you're the full-fledged Medicine cat, for StarClan's sake." she sighed.

"Riverpool, I don't like the way you're shaking. Come to my den and warm yourself up!" Brightwish ordered. "and Nightpaw, you'd better help too. We'll have to wait until our warriors are okay."

Streakflame sighed, slightly shaking. Her pelt was still wet, and she was cold. She pressed closer to Rainshadow. "I'm sure you'd never leave me if you had no other choice, Rainshadow." she whispered. She was so cold, but she wouldn't admit it to any cat. She was too strong and proud to let it show.

Rainshadow felt his mate shivering. "Just wait until our camp's nice and dry. I promise I'll look after you." he murmured in her ear. "But until then, I'll keep you warm and safe. I promise."

Looking down at the young she-cat, he was lost in thought. We'll need to rebuild camp soon, and we'll also need to work on that underground camp. WindClan has always slept out in the open, but that'll have to change for the sake of our clan. he thought.

Honeystar was getting impatient and was still terribly hungry. She decided to go for a swim, hoping to find some fish or maybe even some dead prey. She slipped into the water, ripples washing around her. She smiled, then sneezed as the scent of something hit her nose. She yawned, and then churned her paws tiredly. She managed to find a small mouse, but it was all skin and bones. It wouldn't even be a mouthful for a newborn kit. She paddled around, but found nothing. Getting back to the hill, she sat down and groomed her fur.

Fernflight groomed herself wearily, listening to the drops of water falling onto the grass below. She yawned, then sat down, sharing tongues with one of the elders, Mousetail. She lay down, then murmured, "I wonder when we're going to find some prey." As if to support her question, her stomach rumbled angrily, and she ignored it, trying to fall asleep. She was almost asleep when she thought of Lynxpaw. She sat upright, then thought, Where could she be? I didn't see her last night... How could i have been so foolish? She paced back and forth angrily, then went up to Ravenstar and said, "I think Lynxpaw's missing."

((where's TMD leopard and backup?))

Edited by dragcave:D

Nightpaw flattened her ears and smiled in embarrassment. "Oops. Sorry, Brightwish. I just woke up. You know how I am, I don't think right in the mornings - er, sunhigh, or whenever I happen to wake up." She twitched her ear and bent to lick a stray tuft of fur on her chest, noticing she was rambling again. "Anyways, I'm sorry to bother you, Yewberry. Good luck getting the camp redone.~" She dipped her head respectfully and trotted back off towards the den.

(I could have sworn it was Brightsky ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) )

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

((nice, Shiny! how did you get those characters?))

Shadowpelt sighed as she saw, not for the first time, another evacuated burrow, and gave up. Sliding smoothly into the river, she decided to hunt there. Standing so still for so long as the cold water caressed over and around her body, she stood long enough for the fish to decide she was a strange water plant, and gained enough courage to nose right to her. Shadowpelt was patient. She waited until a good-sized fish came almost right beside her claws, then, in a flash of sprayed water, she lifted one paw and her head and brought both down on the unfortunate fish, biting onto the slippery body and piercing the silvery skin, red blood flowing and mingling with the flowing water, and then she brought her head up again and threw it on the dry bank. The fish was strong-willed, and flopped a few times, but then lay still. It was a fairly medium-sized one, and it was better than hunting for mice and rabbits and squirrels. She washed some of the blood off in the river, then brought it to the fresh-kill pile.

Brightwish looked at her apprentice. "It's okay. I did a few things when I was your age that I'm still not proud of." she mrrowed in laughter.

Looking at the low supplies, she heaved a sigh. "We need to collect herbs, but then they'd rot in our store." she sighed.

Streakflame shivered as a cold wind tugged at her fur. "I'm looking forward to that, Rainshadow." she whispered. Her fur was starting to dry. She could feel hunger gnawing at her empty belly, but she wouldn't leave to find prey.

Rainshadow looked at Streakflame, then sighed. "Stay here." he ordered. He slipped into the floodwater, swimming away from his mate. He was determined to find more than that mouse that Honeystar had caught. I hope all the prey didn't drown in the flood. he thought. But we could always try to fish, right?

Feeling something hit his paw, he quickly snatched it in his claws and felt it. It was a fish! It might have been small, but it was still prey. He grabbed it in his jaws and hoped to find a bigger fish. WindClan couldn't eat a small fish and mouse!