TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

((but Honeystar didn't bring the mouse back))

Honeystar saw Rainshadow hooking up a fish. Good idea, she thought. She dived deep, flailing her paws around, hoping to hook something up. One of her claws touched a slimy scale, but it quickly disappeared. She went up to gulp in a breath of air, then dived again, this time hooking the fish up. It was rather skinny, but big enough to some cats. She left it in the middle of the hill, instructing a few warriors to assemble the elders and kits first. She looked down at the apprentices who had dull eyes, and added that if there was enough, then apprentices should eat too.

Ravenstar perked when Fernflight had reported that she thought that Lynxpaw was missing. The black and white she cat blinked slowly. What..? "Then we must go and find her." she said, bouncing to her feet. "I want you to take a patrol to ShadowClan and search there."

Yellowpath walked straight into RiverClan territory. The dappled tom curled his lip at any staring cats, and bounced to the Riverrock. "Cats of RiverClan, I am your savior!" he yowled. "Briarstar is weak and foolish, and I will take over RiverClan for all of you! My sister, Deadstar, has gone missing, and someone from ShadowClan will have to take her place as deputy."

(*dies* I HAVE COME BACK.

Someone PM Paine for me? :<

All accepted, Poke. You wanna make Ravenstar mentor for Thistlepaw?)

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

(oops.)

Rainshadow dove under the water, trying to find more fish, but onle succeded in finding another small fish. Placing the fish on the small pile of fresh-kill, he meowed, "I'd say we divide the fish and rest before we try again." (lol short post)

As Yewberry was busy giving orders for the rebuilding of the camp, he heard another cat's voice. His hackles raised and he turned to face the cat, commanding his Clan. It was none other than Yellowpath. Intolerable. "You'll do no such thing! Step down from Riverrock now before I force you to." He yowled, bounding up the rock to the same level as Yellowpath. "ShadowClan has no right to place leader, least of all when we already have a perfectly strong one!" The last half was a bit of a stretch, and everyone knew it.

Yellowpath snarled when Yewberry padded toward him. "If Briarstar is so high and mighty to lead his Clan," he spat into his face. "He would of come out of his den already. He's too old to chew on him own. Everyone knows that it's about his time to step down from being leader." he fluffed out his silver pelt. Narrowing his eyes, he yowled. "RiverClan is mine!"

Brightwish looked at the arguing cats, unsure of what to say. She shivered at the thought of more bloodshed. "StarClan, please don't let this start a war between our clans." she whispered.

Looking up at the cloudy sky, she closed her eyes and nearly felt the wounds of battle that had been inflicted between the clans since the Era.

Nightpaw padded up to stand beside her mentor and growled, her white striped tail fluffing up as she glared at Yellowpath. Halfway to herself, she muttered "And what makes you so sure our warriors won't just attack you right here and now? No one can force us to listen to you, whatever you say." She sniffed, flicking her tail. She knew she shouldn't be supporting a battle, especially so soon after the flood, but her loyalty to Riverclan took over her senses and she couldn't stop the remark from slipping out.

Fernflight nodded. "Right." She gathered 4 warriors and two apprentices; Ivytail and Jaypaw, Kestrelflight and Rabbitpaw, Heathernose and Mousefur. She padded to the edge of their camp, her heart throbbing at the missing spot to her right where Lynxpaw would've stood. She stopped, then told the patrol to halt. She explained to them what was ahppening, and managed to get a small squirrel for them to eat, in case they had to fight their way out. She padded towards Ravenstar and asked, "Are you coming too?"

Leafpaw was looking for some prey. She padded around the forest by herself, as she couldn't seem to find Yellowpath. She listened carefully, but only heard the rustle of wind on the leaves. A small branch fell of the tree and a mouse crept out from under the bush. She stalked up, waiting for her chance. Suddenly, the wind changed and the mouse raced away in fear. SHe hissed and ran after it. She pounced on it, and with a squeak, it died. The mouse would've scared everything away for now, so she decided to head back to the camp.

Honeystar was looking at their measly fresh kill pile. There didn't seem to be anymore, and they had been lucky to even get those few bites. She divided it up, giving one fish for the elders and kits, and then split the rest between apprentices and warriors. She took only the boney tail, chewing numbly. She knew that she shouldn't fall asleep, being so could, but she was so tired. The waves had been strong and catching that fish was hard. She lay down on the wet ground, and fell asleep within a few minutes.

When she woke up, her head felt fuzzy and warm. She was dizzy and it was hard to keep her balance. She had only slept for a little while, but she didn't seem tired anymore, although she was dizzy. She stood at the edge of the hill, precariously balancing. She hooked out a paw clumsily, splashing the water and scaring away a silver fish.

(Um, sure! I'd be honored as to have the leader mentor me!)

Yewberry arched his back, unwilling to attack until he understood the situation in its entirety. "What makes you think that you can come in here and take up Briarstar's position as leader? What's stopping me from killing you right here and now while you've only got one life?!" He hissed angrily. Briarstar was weak, yes. But, Yewberry was not, and he was not about to allow Yellowpath to swagger in and take Briarstar's position. "I'm the Deputy here. If anyone is succeeding Briarstar, it'll be me. Ask any cat in RiverClan. They'd rather have me as their leader than you."

Yellowpath smiled. "You won't kill me." he snarled. At that moment, he let out a long yowl. Rogues flooded into camp, having collars studded with dog and cat teeth. Their lips were curled in a snarl. "Because, I have rogues that will help me take my place in RiverClan." Ravenstar nodded at Fernflight. "I will go and see if Lynxpaw is okay." she told her. "But let me get Thistlepaw first." the black and white she cat padded out into the open and spotted her apprentice. "Thistlepaw! We need you!" she beckoned with her tail.

Riverpool padded over to Yewberry, slightly shaking. She dipped her head respectually to the Deputy "Can I do a-anything to help?" she stammered slightly, her meow was shaken because she had been shaken up when the storm had come and her fur was plasted against her side. She shivered and looked at him. She knew she was probably gonna get even more wet so she sighed but then she the sparkling sun. It lit up her cold coat and her tawny brown eyes soft.

(This was to Yewberry..)

Edited by Dragon Hunter

((I'm aware. But, it wouldn't have done any good to reply. Yellowpath beat Yewberry to talking. He wouldn't have paid her any mind after something like Yellowpath declaring himself as leader.))

Yewberry hissed angrily as he watched the rogues file in. RiverClan couldn't fight back. They were all still weak from the flood. He made a snap decision at that moment. Yewberry flung himself at Yellowpath, aiming for his neck. Traditions could be shoved off when his Clan was in danger. Yewberry would kill Yellowpath. He would tear his jugular out of his neck and relish the sound of his gasping. He would stand there in a pool of Yellowpath's blood. He would murder the other cat. That is, if he was left to do what he pleased without interference. No other cat was close enough to interfere, however. This was between only Yewberry and that badger-hearted ShadowClan want-to-be leader.

Yellowpath saw it coming. The tensing of Yewberry's muscles and his leaping into the air. Everything went in slow motion for him. The silver dappled tom slithered underneath him and aimed to rake his claws down his belly. He would win. Oh yes, RiverClan was heavy, and he was light. There was no way that Yewberry could beat him.

Yewberry, an experienced fighter as he was, knew that the other cat would aim to rake his stomach. He couldn't avoid it in mid air, but he was able to twist and render it near useless against his flank. Tufts of his black fur were removed, it stung, but nothing more. He hissed and landed, spinning to face Yellowpath. "I will not allow you to take control of this Clan!" He yowled angrily. No doubt the other cats were reacting, but all he knew was Yellowpath and his anger. Yewberry lashed out with a fore paw towards the other cat's eyes.

Thistlepaw heard her mentor, and leader calling her. Even though she was deep in thought, her head jerked up. She ran to Ravenstar. "Y-Yes, Ravenstar?" she asked.

Fernflight followed Ravenstar, nodding towards the rest of the group to make sure they knew to wait. She saw Thistlepaw approach, and said teasingly, "Don't worry. We're not making you clean out the elders bedding." Then, she added in a more serious voice, "But we do need you for a mission. We can't seem to find Lynxpaw, and we think that ShadowClan might have her." She looked down at her paws guiltily as she didn't notice until just a little while ago.

Leafpaw padded around the camp, looking for something to do. When one of the elders told her to stop the pacing as she was splashing water everywhere, she sniffed and went to Deadstar. "Where's Yellowpath?"

"Oh, so we are going to look for her in Shadowclan territory?" she asked, looking down as she shuffled her paws.

Fernflight nodded, looking over at the group. "I'll meet you by the group." She padded over, leaving Ravenstar to talk to Thistlepaw. "You all remember. ShadowClan are dangerous. Don't provoke them, no matter what they say." SHe looked firmly down at the apprentices, who looked nervously at each other. "I hope that Lynxpaw is there, but at the same time isn't. If we have to fight, Ravenstar will give you a signal. Otherwise, don't talk unless needed. Got it?"

All around them, the rogues had begun to attack the Clan cats. Screeches of pain and horror surrounded the two brawling cats, and the shedding of blood had begun. These rogues had no warrior code, no belief in StarClan. Already, cats from both sides had begun to die in their own blood. Yellowpath hissed as Yewberry slashed his nose open. If he had not moved in time, he would of become blinded. "I will!" he yowled, aiming to crash into him to knock him off Riverrock.

Ravenstar allowed her apprentice to fall into place, and started to walk toward ShadowClan. She padded to the border and crossed it. After a while, she scented ShadowClan. A very, very pale gray she cat had crossed her path, amber eyes glowing. Ravenstar raised her tail and signaled her patrol to halt. "ShadowClan cat." she growled.

Nightpaw hissed as a rogue flung itself towards her, claws outstretched. She whipped out of the way just in time and quickly turned to rake her claws over the other cats eyes. "Back off, fleabag. I have no business with you. I'm a healer, not a fighter." With that, she turned tail and bolted towards her den, avoiding the fights around her like the plaque. Those ShadowClan fox-hearts. They have no right to come in and claim control of our Clan. Why did we even decide to team up with those fleabags, anyways? She growled under her breath as she dashed into the medicine den. She quickly pondered running into WindClan or ThunderClan territory to ask for help, but thought better of it. "My Clan needs me here. I may not be trained in fighting, but I'm capable. Besides, there'll be injuries. Brightwish'll need help." With that, Nightpaw cut off her ramble to herself and dashed back out into the open, not aiming to fight but rather to help out those who needed it. She paused by a large rock and looked around, growling.

Yewberry heard the sounds of fighting and knew the battle had started. He spun his head around and looked to the Elders and Queens. "Protect th-" He was slammed in the side. The tom cursed his foolishness as he fell from the rock. It was his fault. The fall was long, but not enough to seriously hurt him. When he hit the bottom, landing on his side, the air gushed from his lungs. He gasped for breath, coughing as he forced himself to stand. "Yellowpath! Let the Clan be! This battle is between you and me! Without them, you'll have no one to lead!"

Yellowpath yowled with triumph as Yewberry fell from Riverrock. His bronze eyes blazed as he jumped down next to him, arching his back as he threatened him. "Then back down!" he screeched, aiming a few horrible blows to Yewberry's head. The black tom would have no choice... blood clouded his vision, and he shook off the blood from his muzzle. "I'll kill everyone if you don't!"

Brightwish crouched in horror as the rogues attacked the camp. Her fur was fluffed out and her eyes were wide with terror. "Oh, StarClan, no ..." she whispered. She had her ears flat against her skull, her claws unsheathed. As she watched the fight, all she could think about was blood and how much would be shed in the fight.

Rainshadow watched Honeystar pad to the water. "Honeystar, I'm no medicine cat, but I can easily tell you're not okay. I suggest some more rest." he meowed gently. He was worried for his leader. He was watching his leader with worry now. Was she sick?

Streakflame looked at her mate, watching him talk to Honeystar. She knew she'd someday have his kits, but that would probably be a few moons yet. There was a reason he wanted to build a nursery to protect the kits. He wanted to protect her kits! Smiling slightly to herself, she turned away and started padding the opposite direction from Rainshadow.