TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

Shadowpelt had been swept away by the current as she had almost reached the bank. She had regained consciousness a good while later, waking up to the sound of voices. Limping to the source, she blended into the shadows and dappled patterns of the storm and swaying treetops. Soon she spotted a soaked cat named Moose, a white cat named Winter, and another cat named Mitten. Dirt, Moose's brother, seemed to have drowned in the flood. A life is a life, no matter Rogue or Clan cat, she thought, momentarily bowing her head in respect.

Mittens jumped agily over to the dark brown tom. She felt terrible for him, and helped him with the body. "Moose... are you okay?" she asked hesitantly, coming closer to him and dippin her head. "I'm really sorry, Moose," she murmured quietly, sitting on her haunches and curling her tail around her paws. Mittens looked up at Bear, intimidated by the large tomcat. Would he blame her somehow? No, she had met Bear before. He was supposed to be really nice.

((No, it's okay. I just feel very stupid. xd.png))

Winter looked up at Bear when he had come. The white she cat watched as Bear went to Dirt. He was dead. The she cat bowed her head in respect, sighing. "I'm sorry." she meowed. "Dirt was a young tom cat."

Streakflame nodded. "Yes, Honeystar." she mewed. She got into position, grasping Honeystar's scruff as she was ordered to. She felt as if she couldn't go any farther, but she had to, for the sake of her clan.

Rainshadow looked at Streakflame, worried for the she-cat. "Don't push yourself, okay?" he murmured to her. "I don't want to have to see you die yet." He got into the position Honeystar ordered him to. "Where are we going, Honeystar?" he asked his leader.

"That hill up ahead, the one past the border in ThunderClan's territory. Here we go." She slid quietly into the water, which had calmed slightly but was still rising ever so slightly. She sighed quietly, and paddled towards the hill. A huge wave washed towards them and she shielded Streakflame from the water. Coughing out water and a leaf, she hissed and kept paddling. Her back paw caught on a branch, which quickly came off and was swept away by the current. When they had reached the hill, Honeystar was exhausted and had swallowed so much water that she didn't think she'd ever be thirsty again. Panting quietly, she asked "Are you two okay?"

Streakflame nodded slightly. "I am." she replied weakly. She felt as if she'd never feel well-rested. She was so tired! All she wanted to do was curl up right where she was and sleep. She laid down, curling up and closing her eyes. "Wake me up if something happens that you need me with." she mumbled, falling asleep.

Rainshadow looked at Honeystar, then sighed. "I suggest you stay here and get some rest, Honeystar." he meowed. "You look like you could use it."

"I'll rest when the flood's over. I'm okay." Honeystar said. She poked Streakflame with a paw and said "Don't fall asleep! You're cold, tired, you almost died, you might actually die if you fall asleep!" She poked Streakflame again, and went to check on the rest of her Clan. When she came to the other side of the hill, she found a group of newly made apprentices bragging to each other. "Yeah? Well i can swim like RiverClan! Watch." said Poppypaw. She dived into the water, and swam strongly with the current. When she tried to come back though, the current was too strong for her and she got swetp further out. With a yowl of fear, she got carried further and further. "Honestly... Young apprentices. THe lot of mousebrains. You all stay here!" she yelled that last part to the group of apprentices, who nodded. She dived into the water, and grabbed the apprentice by the scruff. She swam back to the hill, which was made all the harder by the current and Poppypaw's struggling. When she got back, she checked that the apprentice was all right, and scolded all of them. SHe returned to Streakflame, and watched her.

Rainshadow watched the whole display. "I agree, Honeystar, but we used to be so cocky when we were newly made apprentices." he meowed. He turned to Streakflame. "It's hard to think she and I were born in two different places than WindClan. I guess it might be a good idea to find a place to hide the kits from the clevershadows."

He shrugged. "But it's just an idea." he meowed. "I'm not saying it's a good one or not, but it's a suggestion."

((Keep thunderclan under control, give them the juniper berries. Use Wildstorm to help the kits and elders?))

Honeystar nodded and said "We could dig a secret tunnel somewhere in the nursery for the kits to go in at night and when they're sleeping. Good idea. Once the camp is unflooded, can i put you in charge of that? Once Streakflame is better she can help, maybe Wildstorm. I can help too when i have the time." She looked at the waves lapping gently at the hill. The storm seemed to be calming down a bit, but the water was still very high. They couldn't return to their camp anytime soon.

Wildstorm gathered the elders and queens, and followed Honeystar. "Maybe we could the tunnels from WindClan to ThunderClan if they're not flooded." he mewed. "We can stay there as well, but not too deep in. Maybe just a few fox lengths from the entrance just in case something goes wrong?"

Rainshadow shook his head. "ThunderClan might already be using them, Wildstorm." he meowed. "But if they aren't, we could suggest the clans use them, and have the queens with their to be weaned kits."

Helping Heatherface get to the hill, he looked at the new warrior. "I bet you didn't expect to be helping with floods on your first day." he mewed.

Wildstorm laughed when Rainshadow spoke. "Yeah, that was unexpected." the dark tabby warrior laughed again. The warrior licked a paw and drew it over his ear. "Rainshadow, should we check?" he asked. "I could go with you and stuff."

"Check later. Right now, we have to wait for the flood to go down. And if i remember correctly, the tunnels were caved in a long time ago." Honeystar said, sighing. "But if you want to go check, you could go once it's unflooded and we're back in camp." She looked up at the sky; the rain was letting up a little and the sound of thunder was getting fainter and mroe spaced out.

Rainshadow nodded. "It'd be a good idea to work on when the ground's all muddy, less work, you see." he meowed. "Besides, we might be able to make a nice, safe place when it dries."

He shrugged. "It's only an idea, still." he meowed.

Edited by Kamiko_Cullen

"Maybe we can make it into a backup camp if there's enough room in the tunnels!" Wildstorm said. "I mean, yeah, the tunnels caved in a long time ago, but there's still a little room we can use! Or maybe we can store some more medicine cat herbs in there, right?" the warrior flicked his tail back and forth, hoping he had started an idea.

Rainshadow shook his head. "We've always slept out in the open during the night. You're suggesting we make a camp underground?" he asked, looking at Wildstorm. "It's not the way of the clan, but it's a good idea."

Moonpaw put the dock leaves on Lynxpaw's injuries. She made sure the poultice was spread evenly before beginning to talk. "I would go to ThunderClan... but what about sick cats in ShadowClan? I mean, I'm not loyal to them or anything. I just don't want any apprentices or kits to get hurt..." Moonpaw thought about it a bit. Faintheart (that's her name, right?) would be able to help the sick cats, wouldn't she? And if the war was stopped, there would be much less wounds. "Okay. I'll go back to ThunderClan with you. But what could we do there? I don't see how we would be any better off there. Suddenly another cat came, Leafpaw, and complained her belly hurt before falling asleep. "I'll go get some juniper berries for her for when she wakes up." Moonpaw hurried into the forest and came back a few minutes later with some juniper. She set them down and sat down.

((sorry if I did something wrong, I haven't posted for a while which made me confused.))

Leafpaw's eyes flickered open, then closed at the bright light. Her fur was soaked and muddy from having laid down in the water and she stood up shakily. She looked at the juniper berries in front of her and ate them slowly. "Thank you." she said to Moonpaw. She sat down and began grooming her fur. "I'm feeling a bit better. What are you two talking about?"

Honeystar listened to Wildstorm's suggestion, then Rainstorm's protest. She sighed softly, then said "This war is not the way of a Clan either. We put warriors in the front, then elders and apprentices behind with queens at the back. The herbs and prey should be put somewhere in the tunnel too." Honeystar closed her eyes and thought about where the tunnel could be put, and how the Clan could be safe.

Fernflight picked up her leaf package with juniper berries, and mumbled "I'll be off now! Catch up to me when you can." Limping slightly, she walked to the Twoleg nest. SHe placed the leaf wrap down, and dashed around the Clan,giving help and berries when she could.

Rainshadow nodded. "You're right, Honeystar. It's been going on too long." he agreed. "If I'm the only one against the idea of an underground camp, then I guess I'll agree and start the work."

He looked at the ground, then looked up again. "We should have an idea for when the rain comes and the tunnels flood. We also need an escape route, in case the other clans attack us." he meowed.

Edited by Kamiko_Cullen

"Good, you're awake," Moonpaw meowed. Then Leafpaw asked what they were talking about. Moonpaw's bright green eyes focused right into Leafpaw's, but they saw nothing. "Can we trust you?" Moonpaw asked. Maybe they could bring Leafpaw to ThunderClan. Maybe she could help them. She probably would, unless she was to brainwashed. Moonpaw hoped not. ShadowClan was brainwashing so many young cats, captured by the Clevershadows.

((failpost))

Leafpaw smiled a little as her stomach started to feel better, but then stopped smiling as Moonpaw asked "Can we trust you?" Leafpaw thought for a second, then said "I guess you can. In the least, I'm not going to run to my mentor or Deadstar." she said Deadstar's name with scorn. She looked at Moonpaw and Lynxpaw in turn, waiting for them to say something.

((speaking of Lynxpaw, where's leoparddragon?))

Honeystar thought for a little bit, then said "Yes we will need to have all those things. The best we can do now is just to stay warm and as dry as possible though."

((when's the storm going to end?))

((I'd say it's letting up now, but that's just my hopes))

Rainshadow nodded. "Right." he meowed. He looked up at the sky, wishing the rain would let up soon. "It's been raining for a while now. How long will it go on before it stops? Will we have to move to another place? Did the Clans even settle in a good place?

((Something just occured to me. Since WindClan is on the hills that are higher than other territories, wouldn't that mean that only their camp would be flooded?))

((yes, but it's still creeping up the hills. i don't know why it's so bad here and hardly affecting shadowclan though.))

Honeystar looked at the sky. It did seem to be letting up, but that might just be her wishful thinking. She looked around her Clan. Everybody seemed to be okay for now, and they were huddling together to stay warm. She sat down and licked her fur, looking at the sky every once in a while.

Rainshadow sighed. "I know my name's Rainshadow, but I hate rain." he grumbled. He curled up next to Streakflame, washing her pelt, even though it was useless. The rain did seem to be letting up, or was his imagination?