TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

Lynxpaw was surprised by this... never had ShadowClan been known to give any territory to anyone. She was interested now to see how this would end up. IT was time to pay attention, but if SHE were leeader the apprentice reflected, she might accept the territory, though with ShadowClan, one never knew what other motive they might have... even if it seemed like they were doing something good for a change. ThunderClan's elders and kits would appretiate the extra prey;. She wasn't surprised however, when the Shadowclan deputy spoke up opposing this idea, though he was quickly silenced by Deadstar.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Shadowpelt was surprised. She rarely had felt this emotion before. To her, Shadowclan giving up territory was as rare as finding diamonds in a pig trough. Maybe the new Deadstar would be the first good leader. She might be the one to bring that pack of rogues together into a real clan for the first time. No, she amended herself. It would take at least two good leaders in a row for Shadowclan to be a clan fully.

Yellowpath's ears smacked down when Deadstar hissed at him, curling up on the root and hiding his face in his tail. So stupid. So, so stupid. Why did they have to do this? The marble tabby snorted underneath his plumed tail. Whatever. He was going to take that territory back when he was leader, and he'd show the Clans how it's like to be true ShadowClan.

Ravenstar swiped her tongue over her jaws as if she was looking at a juicy piece of prey. Being given territory by ShadowClan? Rare, but thank StarClan. She dipped her head, purring. "Thank you, Deadstar." she mewed, tilting her head to the side. "Do you have anything else to say?"

Greenpaw stretched as he listened to the leaders talk. Oh joy. ThunderClan was being given territory by Deadstar. For once, he thought that Deadstar, when he knew her as Deadtail, was a bit weak. But now she sounded a bit desperate to redeem ShadowClan...

"There is no other eventful news from ShadowClan," Deadstar said, settling into a different position, she was beginning to feel a bit stiff. "You are free to share your news."

Deadstar glanced over her assembled warriors and apprentices, feeling a twinge of unease in her belly. While the other clans simply seemed shocked, if not somewhat happy, ShadowClan... well, they looked just as she expected. Stupefied, some even hostile.

Ravenstar nodded at Deadstar, purring again. She got up for her turn, flicking an ear.

"ThunderClan is well. There has been a death of our beloved elder, Jaggedpelt, and prey is plentiful. Although," she paused, glancing at Briarstar. She didn't like looking for trouble with RiverClan. Briarstar was nice. "Some of our patrols have scented RiverClan on our side of the border. I will assure you, if we see RiverClan Clevershadows on our side of the border, we will send them back with half their pelts."

Then she turned toward Deadstar again. "ThunderClan will set the new markers by sunrise. If we see any ShadowClan warriors crossing it, we will also challenge them. ThunderClan has nothing else to say."

Nightpaw had completely forgotten to answer the question Lynxpaw had asked. As soon as Honeystar had arrived, she had became completely absorbed with the gathering around her. I can't believe that ShadowClan, of all clans, is giving away territory. Maybe Deadstar will change them..that's good, I never liked working with those fox-hearts. It's there fault that this whole war is going on, anyways! She heard a hiss of annoyance from the warrior next to her, and she realized she had been thinking aloud. Flattening her ears with embarassment, she glanced up at Briarstar, and wondered if he would mention something about her switching her training from warrior to medicine cat.

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

Moonpaw listened to the gathering, waiting to see find out if anything interesting would happen. She didn't really think anything would happen. It would probably be another gathering of ShadowClan and RiverClan trying to restrain themselves from ripping WindClan and ThunderClan to shreds. But something did happen, something that didn't involve ShadowClan ripping WindClan or ThunderClan to shreds. Her new leader, Deadstar, was giving ThunderClan new hunting grounds. ShadowClan didn't use the land, that was true, but giving it to ThunderClan? Giving them an advantage in battle by giving them more food? That wasn't usually ShadowClan's style. Was the War of The Roses coming to an end? Would it end with Deadstar, new leader of ShadowClan, ending the war? All these thoughts rushed through Moonpaw's head. She doubted the war would end soon, but she would be glad if it did. She heard a RiverClan apprentice, Mosspaw, who was training to be a Clevershadow, give a loud hiss. Moonpaw rolled her sightless eyes. From the few times she had met her, Moonpaw knew Mosspaw was certain war was the answer and ShadowClan and RiverClan should rule the lake, and 'drive the ThunderClan and WindClan weaklings away from the lake.' Moonpaw hoped that would never happen. She sniffed the air, and amongst the crowd of ThunderClan apprentices, she smelt a scent that smelt... familiar. Like she had known that cat before. Moonpaw realized Mosspaw's scent smelt familiar too. Moonpaw couldn't quite place why, though.

Mosspaw waited for WindClan to show up. Finally, they came. Mosspaw wanted to rip them all to shreds, the weaklings. ThunderClan, too. They deserved to die. They were weak. They could never understand power. Her attention snapped from thinking about how weak ThunderClan and WindClan were to the gathering as Deadstar began to talk. "...running quite well in our territories. Well enough, at least, that I feel comfortable in giving ThunderClan new hunting grounds." Mosspaw let out a loud hiss of surprise and annoyance. Was ShadowClan going soft? RiverClan's allies in battle, the ones who had started the war in the first place, the ones who invented Clevershadows, giving up land to ThunderClan, giving them an advantage in battle!? Mosspaw hoped the war would end when every ThunderClan and WindClan cat was dead, driven away or a part of ShadowClan or RiverClan. And she also hoped it wouldn't end until she got to play a part in it, to become a Clevershadow, to show the weaklings a lesson.

Mistpaw listened suspiciously as Deadstar delivered the news. ShadowClan was giving up territory? Impossible. It was some kid of trick. They would hide an army of warriors and Clevershadows and attack every ThunderClan cat that entered. Something like that. There was no way ShadowClan, the most evil cats in the lake would give up territory. And even if the impossible happened and there was a good cat in ShadowClan, he wouldn't be made deputy or become leader. ShadowClan was evil, every one of them. Cats that could create something as evil as Clevershadows, who would brainwash kits into becoming them, had to be evil. She saw one ShadowClan cat looking at her with strange eyes. They were staring, but it didn't seem like them saw anything. The cat's eyes were a blazing green, just like her eyes were. Out of the corner of her eye, Mistpaw saw another cat with the same eyes, but this cat was a RiverClan, and her eyes could see, but were cold and empty. Mistpaw shivered and looked away.

Edited by Backup77

Greenpaw saw his Clan's medicine cat apprentice. The silver tabby went up to Nightpaw, his pawsteps slow and calm. It was the sterotype of RiverClan cats to be laid back lazy fish eaters, but Greenpaw didn't agree with that. Sure, they were laid back, but they sure as heck weren't lazy. "Hello, Nightpaw." he murmured. "I'm happy to see that you're content with being apprentice of our medicine cat."

Wildpaw quietened down when no one reacted to his cheers, making his fur burn hot. The tabby tom then bounced to his paws and padded around, flicking his tail back and forth. Who could he talk to? Honeystar had said that he was going to be a warrior soon, and he was excited! "Oh, hello, er..." he meowed as he bumped into Lynxpaw. He inhaled her scent quickly. "Oh! ThunderClan! Hi, I'm Wildpaw. What's your name?"

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Nightpaw snapped out of her trance of listening to the leaders talk at the sound of Greenpaw's voice. She smiled and turned to him with a flick of her tail. "Hi, Greenpaw," she whispered. "I'm glad I am too, to be honest. If they hadn't let me be a medicine way, I don't know what I would do. I would make a terrible warrior, thats for sure." She noticed that she was rambling, and licked a stray tuft of fur on her chest to hide her embarrassment. "So, how's warrior training going?~"

--

Shadeflame sniffed in annoyance and slipped up onto the log leading to the gathering island, keeping herself low and her pawsteps light to hide her from the others. She had been at Shadowclan's camp, quickly sharing news with the warriors and clevershadows who had not attended the gathering. The leaders were in the middle of their reports when she slipped off of the log and trotted off to blend in with the cats in the clearing. The Thunderclan she-cat nearly choked on her own tounge when she heard an apprentice of Riverclan mutter something about Shadowclan giving some territory to her clan. What? she thought. Why would they do that? Is their new leader turning them soft? She spat on the ground in front of her, the fur on her neck rising.

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

Greenpaw nodded as he listened to Nightpaw, his ear swiveling around as he listened to the Gathering at the same time. As Nightpaw licked her chest fur, Greenpaw flicked his tail. "My mentor says I'll be a warrior in no time at all." he meowed. He stretched and flicked his tail, his green eyes flitting over to Ravenstar. "So, I guess Deadstar is giving the territory from Twoleg path to the lake?" he shook out his fur, glaring at the ShadowClan leader. "I don't understand. ShadowClan and RiverClan should rise above all Clans."

"That's good," she purred. Curling her tail around her paws, Nightpaw sighed as she heard the rest of Greenpaw's sentence. "I agree that Riverclan should be treated with more respect, Greenpaw," she murmered, letting her loyalty to her clan get the best of her although she didn't entirely agree with him. "But is all of this fighting really necesarry? After all, think of all the lives that have been lost. Personally, I think that Deadstar's doing a great good to all of the clans, not just Thunderclan, by giving away that territory." For a moment, she wondered if Lynxpaw was listening to their conversation, but she dismissed the thought. Lynxpaw seemed friendly enough.

--

Shadeflame couldn't help but growling. So what if her clan got more room to hunt, Shadowclan just couldn't be turning soft now! As the Thunderclan leader finished her report, Shadeflame jumped up and hissed at Ravenstar. "Ravenstar, you can't possibly think she's doing this out of the kindness of her heart. We all know Shadowclan has none. They must be planning something!" She swished her tail in anger. I can't let Shadowclan weaken themselves. I don't want to leave my weak clan just to join another! There has to be some way to stop Ravenstar from accepting that territory.

(does what the leaders report have to be real?)

Honeystar stepped forwards.

"A fox crossed into our territory, and was quickly chased away by a patrol. It ran towards the twolegplace, and crossed the thunderpath. 2 two warriors were named, and a litter of kits was born. That is all." She stepped back and looked up to watch RiverClan's report. Her shock at Deadstar's announcement was over, only to be replaced by suspicion.

Fernflight purred again. That area would bring back more prey for their elders, who were always complaining about not being fed enough. Elders will be the same anywhere i guess. she thought. She looked up to listen again, and fidgeted impatiently. She was holding back a yawn and wondered when she would be able to sleep.

Leafpaw felt happy for ThunderClan, more like her old self than she had been in a long time. Reminded of her training, she quickly recovered. Leafpaw hissed quietly. She glared at Deadstar, eyes glinting in the darkness. Weakness... How could she? she thought. Leafpaw hissed again at Ravenstar's look. Someday... she thought threateningly.

(Sorry guys, I don't really have time for this. So I must leave. I might come back in a few weeks, but I don't wanna leave my cats idle. Can I request that they are killed by ShadowClan Cats? Thanks, bye for now)

The ThunderClan she-cat apprentice grinned mischievously at the young tom who had bumped into her. " I'm Lynxpaw..." She couls smell that the stranger was WindClan, an ally... a few months older than herself which was a shame because the young tom was rather handsome...You mustn't fall for a cat from another clan..." she reminded herself sternly.... it had happened in the past, though against the code, and usually ended in sorrow for the lovers. " This is my first time at Gathering, I am afraid..." she admitted with a laugh. "So what do you think about ... this?" she asked him, flicking her tail to indicate that she meant all that had ahappened.

SThe she-cat could also here the young medecine cat chatting with a warrrior apprentice... something about ther having been too much fighting and death already. Surprising that a RiverClan cat should think that... or not, she wWAS a medecine cat, after all... they were sworn to protect others and usually only fought when absolutely necessary. The other apprentice that had walked up to talk with her new friend, however...

Edited by LeopardDragon

((Okay, princess...)) Greenpaw stared at Nightpaw before speaking. "The War of the Roses is made so that the strongest survive." the pale tabby now looked at Briarstar, blinking his olive green eyes. He was named after his eyes. "It's RiverClan's turn to talk." he mewed, swishing his tail and grooming his chest fur. He silently hoped that Briarstar would stand up against ThunderClan because of Ravenstar's accusations. "I mean, the RiverClan scent probably blew over through the area. WindClan's moors are always so windy, right?" Wildpaw tilted his head to the side. Why was she smiling like that? "Hi, Lynxpaw! I'm gonna be a warrior after the Gathering!" he practically yowled, bouncing up and down. His tabby fur was more poofy than before. He could see that the she cat was very pretty. "Oh, this? I don't know, I wasn't listening! What happened?"

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

"I won't get to be a warrior for some time, yet..." She added. Her ears flicked back to hear what the leaders were saying... seems a fox was prowling on clan lands again. The queens in the nursery wouldn't like that, but at least it would be easier to find food for both them and the elders... though she did almost have to half agree with the older she-cat she heard warning Ravenstar to beware of this seeming gift... it might be a plot of some sort.Still... when leafbare cam, that extra hunting land would be a good thing for Thunderclan.

"Did you hear that?" she asked the tom cat. He still hadn't really told her what he thought about Deadstar... as an almost warrior, he certainly ought to have one.

Wildpaw swiveled his ears when Shadefire spoke up. The tabby tom blinked a little, looking back at Ravenstar. "Thanks for the warning, but I think Deadstar really is sincere about this." the ThunderClan said, flicking her tail. "Deadstar looks a bit more... sane than the rest of the leaders, don't you think?" he asked Lynxpaw. "I mean, better than then Goldstar." he flicked his tail, and he turned to lick at the base of his tail.

Lynxpaw nodded."Yes... so far, that is. and I was talking about ShadowClan offering to give ThunderClan their extra hunting lands..." she added. To be honest, she wasn't certain whether she trusted them or not.... they did have a reputation" It could be possible that it is a deception of somesort, but we will see." The she-cat lowered her voice before mewing again," There is also the question of how the rest of that fox-hearted clan will take the news... they can't all of them know yet. You saw how shocked the ShadowClan caats here were..." This was true enough. It was possible that there would be a revolt... the deputey in particular had seem extremely unhappy about the leader's decision. Still, Lynxpaw reflected she was only an apprentice; what did she know. Perhaps they hsould accept it as the blessings of StarClan...

The she cat then turned her attention back to the leaders... seeing them all together like this was... well ascinating and a little worrisome, too.

The tabby looked at Lynxpaw, tilted his head to the side and looked up at the leaders. "Ah, well, WindClan will help Deadstar or ThunderClan if that happened." he murmured. "The thing is... WindClan is suffering some rabbit problems. Honeystar didn't say that." he laid down on the ground and began to lick a paw. "And there's been fleas in camp... ugh..."

"Ugg..." Lynxpaw agreed. Fleas in camp made life miserable for everycat, that much was certain. "Though it isn't any wonder Honeystar wouldn't tell ShadowClan those things...." the she-cat added softly. She flicked her head to look in the direction of the two Riverlan apprentices to be sure that they weren't evesdropping on theri conversation. "No fleas, fortunately, but Thunderclan had an outbreak of whitecough in the nursery, when we had all that rain, you remember. Fortunately not bad, but still it kept the medicine cat busy for several suns and it causeed the queens no end of worry, that is for sure." She said," Ravenstar didn't mention THAT you can be sre, either." She said all of this quietly, not sure she should be sharing it at all... she didn't want to be overheard by Riverclan, cats... her friend or not.

Briarstar's eyes briefly widened as he heard Deadstar was giving away territory, but quickly narrowed. It occured to him that she might be trying to turn the clans aganst each other. His eas then flattened as he heard the accusations to his clan, and didn't miss the insult, either. Or, really, he took it as such. "I assure you my warriors have not been in your territory. Perhaps winds blew our scent across. And to think we' stoop to sucha level and create Clevershadows.... you should be more careful before you attept to insult us again. As if my brave and strong warriors could be chased off by your scrawny..." he pat, obvously fiercly protective of Riverclan, and paused, still glaring at the she-cat. "Forgive me. y clan has had plentiful hunting. We've had the reccent loss of a kit and we've also had two new apprenticces as well as a warrior," hemurmured, purposly leaving out Nightpaw's descision to change from warrior to apprentice. That was her personal news and he felt no need to share it.

Yewberry was bristling. Yellowpath had gone too far this time. His cold glare turned to the disrespectful cat. All the patience in StarClan couldn't have stopped what came next. The small black tom did what he never thought he would ever do. He attacked. He broke. The truce of the Gathering. And it didn't even cross his mind until he had already lunged at Yellowpath, a yowl of anger splitting the polite silence of the Gathering. The tom aimed for the other cat's body, simply trying to knock it over and leave its stomach vulnerable. That way he would be able to teach it a lesson.

Honeystar listened to Briarstar's report, wondering why he would take the accusation so fiercely. The Gathering was about ready to end when she saw the RiverClan deputy leap towards the ShadowClan deputy, with claws unsheathed. She knew what the deputy was screaming and yowled down at him "Stop! The full moon truce!"

Fernflight was just about ready to leave when she saw a cat leap on another. Her eyes widened in surprise. This is a Gathering! We come here in peace. Why isn't StarClan stopping this? she thought. SHe got ready to prowl forwards in case it got out of hand.

Leafpaw hissed in anger as the RiverClan deputy leaped onto Yellowpath. She didn't quite understand why they were doing this, but RiverClan was allies with ShadowClan! How could they possibly do this? She got up, her hackles rising.