TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

Drizzlekit rolled around by her mother's stomach. She could smell the warm scent of milk, but overlaying it there was a fearscent of cats outside. She didn't like that scent and covered her nose with her paws. Soon though, her hunger overpowered her and she drank some milk. When she was full, she mewed, "Mom? Why does it smell so weird outside?" She had covered her nose with her paws again and was pushing her nose deep into Frostkit's pelt.

Venomstrike frowned at Frostkit's question. She knew why, but she didn't want to tell her kits. They might get frightened and run away, and then a rogue could kill them. "Just some vistors. They come from a far away land." she said, rasping her tongue over Frostkit's head.

"But mommy, I want to go outside." Cloudkit wailed as soon as he was full.

Yellowpath's Dream

Yellowpath awoke to a forest full of shadows. Cats were creeping around it like vermin, their eyes flashing.

"Yellowpath," a slender brown she cat stepped from the mists of the dark forest. "Are you ready to recieve your nine lives?

((

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

((Drizzlekit, not Frostkit))

Drizzlekit lifted her head again, inhaling deeply. The scent seemed to be fading away slightly and she said, "Mommy, I think they're leaving!" She didn't like the thought of strange cats in the camp. "Ya! Me too." Drizzlekit whined along with Cloudkit, shifting her paws slightly. She buried her nose into Venomstrike's fur, licking her a little bit and inhaling the sweet, soft scent of her fur. "Where's our dad?"

Mistpaw stopped in her tracks. Loud, angry yowling rang through the air, coming from RiverClan camp. Mistpaw ran through the undergrowth before stopping. If she really was going to run off to RiverClan to see what was going on, which way should she go? It would take longer, but be safer through WindClan territory... but the Twolegplace and the marsh that divided RiverClan from WindClan would get in the way. Taking a deep breath, Mistpaw slunk through the trees. She made it through ShadowClan territroy fine, but as she neared RiverClan the yowling stopped. The battle, whatever it had been about, was over. Mistpaw hid in the shelter of a large pine tree, stared at RiverClan camp. Rogues with collars studded with dog teeth were everywhere. Bodies lay in pools of blood. RiverClan cats were fleeing. Transfixed upon the terrible scene, Mistpaw didn't notice the apprentice sneaking up on her.

Mosspaw panted, full of adrenaline after the fight. Her claws dripped with blood, but it wasn't the blood of the rogues that had invaded camp. No, it was the blood of her Clanmates. At least, they had once been her Clanmates. Mosspaw doubted they would be staying very long. Yellowpath had taken over RiverClan, and now Mosspaw finally had a worthy leader, one who would strive to kill all unworthy cats. Mosspaw's bright green eyes studied the camp. Out of the corner of her eye, Mosspaw saw movement. It was a black cat, hiding in the shadows of a pine. Mosspaw slunk quietly around the tree, sneaking up on the cat. As she got near, the scent of ThunderClan hit her nose. Making a soft growling noise in her throat, Mosspaw reached the cat. "State your business , ThunderClan."

"I, er..." Mistpaw threw caution to the winds.she was starting to panic. She hadn't meant to get caught, and the look the cat that had crept up on her was giving her was intimidating, to say the least. "I came here to see what was going on, and to help save RiverClan!" Mistpaw said as defiantly as she could, though she was shaking in fear.

Mosspaw's lips curled into a cruel smile. "Well, I can't let you do that, now can I?" Mosspaw's eyes glittered. She began to circle the ThunderClan cat who had been so stupid as to run strait into RiverClan territory. Mosspaw was surprised she had managed to get this far. And with this thought, Mosspaw lunged forward, bit into Mistpaw's neck and committed her second murder.

Yewberry felt a swell of pride. Perhaps Oaktail was not quite the enemy he had felt he was. Now feeling much like a kit, the tom nodded. "I have an idea of where we can go. I was offered to go to a Loner's Gathering. That's what the tom called it. He invited all of the Clans, saying that it would be a safe place for all cats to share their loads." He looked carefully at the lake. "We'll have to swim to the island, but I don't doubt the tom's word." He realized that his tone was incredibly commanding. Lowering his head slightly, the tom sighed. "That is, if you two would agree with my plan. I suppose with only three of us, it's best to work as a team."

Venomstrike purred when Drizzlekit (lol sorry) licked her fur. Cloudkit and Drizzlekit sure did seem like the adventurous ones... "Okay, you may go outside, but only for a little bit!" she said. But then Drizzlekit asked where was their father. She frowned deeply then. Tunnelheart was a WindClan tom, and yes, they fell in love. He was a broad shouldered, dark tabby tom with eyes from the deepest of amber. He was also battle scarn, but he was the sweetest thing around. "Dad's in StarClan, sweetheart," she said as she bent down to lick Drizzlekit on the head.

Drizzlekit felt a purr rumble in her throat as Venomstrike licked her head, but stopped it so it sounded like a choking grinding sound. "StarClan?" she squeaked out. "But that means that... Daddy's dead?" It's not fair! she thought. Trying to push it to the back of her mind, she sighed and then poked Frostkit with her nose. "Want to go outside?" She aimed a gentle cuff at Cloudkit's ear and meowed "Let's go!"

Yewberry felt a swell of pride. Perhaps Oaktail was not quite the enemy he had felt he was. Now feeling much like a kit, the tom nodded. "I have an idea of where we can go. I was offered to go to a Loner's Gathering. That's what the tom called it. He invited all of the Clans, saying that it would be a safe place for all cats to share their loads." He looked carefully at the lake. "We'll have to swim to the island, but I don't doubt the tom's word." He realized that his tone was incredibly commanding. Lowering his head slightly, the tom sighed. "That is, if you two would agree with my plan. I suppose with only three of us, it's best to work as a team."

Riverpool eye's widened, she had never knew this "W-wow" she stammered and looked at Yewberry proudly. She then nodded "Yes, it is the three of us now and we must look after each other" she meowed, catching Yewberry's eyes. She smiled softly and then looked at both of them.

Oaktail nodded. It was a smart move, perhaps they could gather a few of the loners together to help them, or, if needed, could build a new clan if they had Starclan's blessing. He turned to Riverpool now. "I ain't going all soft or anything, I'm just following my leader. Don't expect me to be nice or anything all mushy like that," he grumped, feeling his pride injured. "I'll look after my clan, nothing more than that," Oaktail rumbled, though considering his clan now consisted of two other cats, it meant that he agreed and would look after them. The handsome golden cat lowered his eyes to the ground awkwardly. "Yewberry, no one else wanted to come with us? Or are they... are they all dead?" he managed, his head hunched and he looked almost kit-like in that moment, even though he loomed over them both.

Venomstrike frowned as Cloudkit squealed and raced out, waiting for Drizzlekit. "Come on, Drizzlekit!" he called, smiling a bit. Venomstrike sighed and looked at Frostkit, Pikekit, and Stormkit. "Are you guys gonna go out too?" he asked, the sandy tabby flicking her ear. Cloudkit did not like the cats that were are around them. The cats had collars, studded with dog teeth. "Is this really RiverClan?" he asked, frowning and pressing closer to his sister. He was shivering lightly, eyes widening. He was frightened now, but wait till he grew up!

"I am sorry" she meowed quietly and looked down at the ground, feeling embarrassed and a bit ashamed. She sighed softly, shuffling her paws nervously on the ground. She then looked back up at Yewberry.

(I am sorry if my posts are short or if I take a long time to reply, it is because I have a cold and I do not feel too good sad.gif )

Drizzlekit felt a small shiver go up her back as she saw the cats. She shrank down a little bit, but then stood up and asked Cloudkit, "You want to go talk to them? I mean after all, they are our new Clanmates." As much as she resented the fearscent that seemed to emerge whenever they were near, she felt that she should introduce herself.

Honeystar was extremely dizzy. She felt that the hill was spinning before her eyes and the water as lapping at her pelt. She was sitting at the very top of the hill and the water was as calm as the lake was normally. She yawned, but wasn't tired at all. Deep down, she knew that she was sick but didn't want to trouble anybody.

Cloudkit pressed against Drizzlekit, glancing around. His green eyes narrowed as she asked if they could say they should say hello. The tabby tom frowned deeply, flattening his ears a bit. He didn't know... Cloudkit padded up to a rogue, and mewed hello. The rogue bent down and sniffed gently at him, smiling a bit. All the rogues weren't evil. This one was a black she cat with blue eyes. Cloudkit spoke with her for a while before padding back to Drizzlekit. "They're nice." he said.

Yewberry burned. He was proud of his Clanmates. He walked, allowing himself no rest. Until RiverClan was safe once more, he wouldn't allow it. Rest was something for times of peace, not war. "The others are either sick, weak, or caring for each other."He looked back once more, mournfully, to his Clan. They were a hardy bunch, however. He had hope that they would wait for him to return with a new plan. "Don't worry. We'll save them somehow. I'll never let ShadowClan get away with this treachery. When we regain control, I plan to join ties with WindClan and ThunderClan. I'm sure together we can clean the slate of ShadowClan. Perhaps... Even end the war..."

"Alright, enough with the sappy 'we can do it' stuff, Yewberry, or I think I might just puke," Oaktail said half-teasingly. "Let's just get to this place you're talking about and hope to Starclan they'll let us stay for a bit," he meowed, his tail twitching slightly. "We need to take things day by day. We'll need the help of these loners, for sure." The golden-brown tom gestured onward. "Lead us and we'll follow, Yewberry," he stated, meaning it both literally and metaphorically.

Edited by Packgoater

Rainshadow sighed. "Honeystar, please. If you're sick, the clan could get sick from your illness, and where would we be? We might not even have survivors." he meowed. "Please, just rest with Streakflame."

Sighing, his head and tail drooping, he padded away, hoping Honeystar would listen to him.

Streakflame looked at Rainshadow as he padded away. "Please, Honeystar, just rest. You'll be better soon." she mewed gently, almost like a queen to her kits. She ignored the hunger clawing at her belly and padded to Honeystar. "Just rest and try to get back to full strength."

Brightwish came padding out of the medicine cat's den, looking calm and collected. "I want any injured cat that can walk in my den, now." she ordered. "Nightpaw, go check on them. I'll take care of the worst injuries."

Honeystar sighed grudgingly, padding wearily over to lie somewhere near, but not right next Streakflame. When Brightwish called for injured cats, she looked sharply at Streakflame, but then a nearby apprentice called out.

"Honeystar's sick!" Poppypaw mewed loudly. Some of the elders looked over. Honeystar sighed, knowing that Brightwish probably wouldn't let her go. Draggin a small piece of fish to Streakflame, she went over and said, "I'm sick. I should be fine though," but she coughed, contradicting herself.

Drizzlekit looked at the rogues collars which were studded with teeth. She thought that they might be prey's teeth, but they looked too sharp. After a bit more looking, her eyes opened wide with fear. She took a step back, and whispered to Cloudkit, "They have cat teeth on their collars." She dashed back to Venomstrike's den, quivering under her mom's fur.

Fernflight was getting impatient. With each step, she was more certain that they had Lynxpaw. When they finally reached there, she said to the medicine cat, "Can you fetch Deadstar?"

((so, timeskip of 4 moons?))

Frostkit ran clumsily out of the den. So this was outside! But it was so... so... horrible. A metallic scent hung in the air. The water that flowed around the camp, which Frostkit had expected to be clear and blue, was red. The camp wasn't filled with cats that smelt like Mommy, like Frostkit had expected. Instead of the fishy smell that Frostkit had expected, these cats smelt... different. That was the word. They were strange. Frostkit didn't like them. And worst of all were the lifeless cats that lay in pools of blood. Frostkit shivered and walked over to Cloudkit and Drizzlekit. She wanted to go back into the nice, warm den where the metallic scent wasn't so strong. She saw Drizzlekit hurry into the den, and followed, relieved that she could get away from the horrible camp. "I don't like it," she whispered quietly. "I don't want to live here."

(( ninja.gif'd))

Edited by Backup77

Thistlepaw wasn't really paying much attention to what was going on, she just looked down at her paws and followed them.

Yellowstar padded out to the open. He looked down at the Clan and smirked. He finally had nine lives and no one could stop him! Not even Deadstar. Deadstar... he snickered to himself. What a mouseheart! She doesn't even know how to run a Clan...

Cloudkit yelped and went to Frostkit. He nudged her inside and whimpered to Venomstrike. "Mommy?"

"What's going on?" Venomstrike said, licking Drizzlekit to comfort her.

"Those cats have cat teeth on their collars!" Cloudkit's green eyes stretched to the size of moons.

"Now, now, they won't hurt you all..." Venomstrike purred, gathering them close with her tail.

Ravenstar padded into ShadowClan. All of the cats hissed and snarled at them, before Faintheart turned to Fernflight. "Deadstar's missing." she mewed, frowning a bit. "I've searched everywhere and she isn't here. Yellowpath isn't here either."

Drizzlekit was still quivering madly. She calmed down a little bit when Venomstrike licked her, but the scent of her fear was strong in the air. SHe burrowed closer to Venomstrike, nearly under her. She mewed quietly, and then said, "Mommy. I don't want to live here."

Fernflight thought for a second, and then asked, "Can you bring Lynxpaw back at least?" She hissed inwardly at the ShadowClan cowards. When they came to get their apprentice back, they hide their leader and deputy? What kind of cats were they?

Leafpaw heard a disruption outside and she peeked out. She saw and smelled THunderClan cats. "They probably want their apprentice back," she mewed. What should i do? Do i help them get Lynxpaw back? Or do i defend against them?

Frostkit hurriedly rushed over to Venomstrike and curled up against her. She felt a little safer here, but she couldn't get the image of the cats with teeth in their collars and pools of red everywhere out of her mind. "I don't like it here either. I want to leave. Those tooth cats are scary!" Frostkit wanted the scary cats to leave, and for the river to be clean again. She didn't lie the red stuff that was everywhere and smelt metallic. The metallic scent was horrible. Snuggling closer to Venomstrike, Frostkit repeated quietly. "I want to leave."

Faintheart narrowed her eyes when Fernflight said that she wanted Lynxpaw. She turned around and nodded. The she cat slunk into the apprentice's den and later dragged her out. The she cat was asleep. "Here." she dropped the sleeping Lynxpaw at Fernflight's paws. "Anything else before I get killed for tyranny?" she growled. Ravenstar nodded and dipped her head. ((Sorry is this is moddy. ^^)) Cloudkit squeezed in between his sisters to comfort them. He was the first born, so he had to comfort his little sisters. "I don't want to be here either," he mewed, his voice shivering. "Shh, young warriors..." Venomstrike said, licking each on the head. "If we leave, the bad cats'll chase us. Do you want that?"

Fernflight looked at the sleeping Lynxpaw and purred in relief. She dipped her head to Faintheart and said, "Thank you." She felt bad for the medicine cat; she would have made a good member of any clan and her talent was wasted in ShadowClan.

Leafpaw watched Faintheart drop Lynxpaw by the ThunderCLan patrol, and looked away. She didn't know what to do, but they had a big patrol. She felt a part of her brain urging her to tell a warrior, but she couldn't. She lay down, and began grooming herself.

Drizzlekit shook her head, but mumbled quietly, "Better chased than killed by these nasty cats." She sniffed quietly, but then yawned and curled up next to Cloudkit. "We should... sleep a little bit... and then wake up... to get these nasty cats out." ((...'s are yawns)) She curled up and yawned again, then drifted off the sleep.