TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

Drizzlefrost had long since gotten used to the horrid scent of their leader. It seemed as if the Dark Forest followed him everywhere. She nuzzled Venomstrike's cheek and said, "I'm a warrior!" Her eyes were glowing brightly and she was breathless with happiness and excitement. She smiled and then left her mother to go to her siblings. "We're warriors!"

Fernflight listened to the rogues and then turned to Ravenstar. "We're going to help them? If this comes to a battle, ShadowClan will most likely side with RiverClan. Should we recruit WindClan?"

Honeystar licked her pelt delicately. SHe had lost a life recently to greencough and she was still feeling a little weak from the sickness. She looked around at her clan, which was flourishing well since the flood. It seemed like a long lost dream and she didn't remember everything. She stood up, and then decided to organize a hunting patrol. She found Wildstorm and Streakflame and asked them, "Want to go on a hunting patrol with me? Each of you gather an apprentice and meet me at the entrance."

((can Leafpaw become Leafsomething? also, what season?))

Streakflame nodded. "Yes, Honeystar," she mewed. She and Rainshadow were closer than they were before the flood, but he still showed no sign of playing favorites with her. She was okay with that, since the clan would start gossiping about her and Rainshadow. She was content to hunt with Honeystar now and again. Her belly, swollen with kits, wouldn't slow the she-cat down one bit.

Rainshadow watched the three, worrying about the underground camp. Would the clevershadows know about the tunnels? What about the threats of the underground? Did he make a bad idea? Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he padded up to Streakflame. "Please don't hurt yourself, Streakflame." he murmured in her ear. "I know you're close to giving birth, but don't overdo it."

Streakflame looked at him, gentle understanding in her eyes. "I'm not that mouse-brained, Rainshadow." she mewed softly. "I know my limits better than you do."

Rainshadow licked the fur between her ears. "I know, but I still worry." he murmured.

Brightwish settled down in her den. Tonight is the half-moon. I'll give Nightpaw her name tonight. She has proved herself worthy of receiving it. she thought, pawing at the herbs. "We're getting low on catmint and feverfew. That flood really took a lot out of our warriors." she mewed. Looking in the direction of WindClan territory, she briefly thought about the warrior Nightpaw had saved. Her name ... what was her name again? she thought.

"Nightpaw, what was the WindClan warrior's name? The one you saved after she nearly drowned in the flood?" Brightwish asked her apprentice.

((I'll put Leafpaw as Leafshadow, like you wanted. ^^)) Venomstrike nuzzled Drizzlefrost, brushing her tail against her lips. "I get you're very happy, but you're in vigil." she called as she went to Cloudfoot and the rest. Cloudfoot smiled at Drizzlefrost as she came, nuzzling her cheek and purring lightly. Yellowstar narrowed his eyes when someone came in, seeing it was Pikeclaw. He was about to attack, but simply flicked his tail as he laid down a fish for him to eat. "Ah, thank you." he mewed as he began to eat. "Did you catch this yourself?" ((Will post as Raven when Laura posts.))

"Oh nothing~" said Aquafeather in her brigthest voice. "Leopardpaw just pricked her paw..." she said, putting on a smile the size of a moon. Leopardpaw scooted away from the medicine cat. "Aquafeather gave me the wrong herb!" she tatteled. "Oh, i did not! That herb works perfectly fine!" she growled at the apprentice. "Then why didn't you give me the one that works better?!" the spotted aprentice asked. "Because we need all the rest of them!!!" Aquafeather said swiping a paw at the apprentice's ear. They both just the remebered the leader was right there. "Hah, oops..." they both said in unison.

((thats was my post for Raven))

Pikeclaw nodded. It had been a part of his test to see if he was ready to become a warrior. He was proud, but it meant nothing to him. Only pleasing his leader mattered. Pikeclaw dipped his head respectfully to the cat and spun around, leaving the den once more. Yellowstar was one of the less sociable cats, or so it seemed. He didn't come to talk to them when they were kits like the others. The ones whom Yellowstar had saved from a lifetime of torment under the leadership of the dreaded Yewberry.

(( Ok warrior me up))

Venompaw remembered that he was to became a warrior today, he wondered what new name he was going to get. He saw Pikeclaw and Venomstrike's kits next to their mother. I bet they are going to be great warriors. He padded over to Venomstrike. "Congratulations on your new kits, I bet they will become great warriors!" Venompaw said cheerfully.

(Sorry that was just a warm-up)

Drizzlefrost licked her chest in embarrassment. SHe purred, then headed towards the front of the Clan. She looked around, then stationed herself somewhere in the middle, nearby the nursery. She lay down, fidgeting with her paws every once in a while. She felt the warm air stirred by the cool breeze and purred happily.

"Let's go then! I don't want Yellowpath's tyranny to last any longer than it has to," Oaktail hissed, refusing to give the previously shadowclan deputy the title that was rightfully Yewberry's. "Can't we fight already? Can't we bust those little cowards out of our camp? It's time Riverclan had it's rightful leader and where saved from the demon that goes by the name of Yellowpath," Oaktail continued passionately, claws flexing and shoulders flexing as he pushed his chest forward and glared at his paws with surprising seriousness. I want justice brought to the wrongs committed! I want our clan restored! I want... I want..." he mumbled, wrapping his tail around his paws and, for the second time, looking very much the overgrown kit.

Yewberry twitched his tail. Pride rose in his chest as he heard Oaktail's words. At one point, he had been near enemies with the tom, but now they seemed to have forged a sort of uneasy friendship. As it was once said by his mother, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." He believed it fully now. The black tom nodded, not wanting to injure Oaktail's pride by responding. He stood and began running. They couldn't attack until the the moon's thin sliver rose into the sky. Then they would have reinforcements, less Clan to fight, and the surprise factor.

Oaktail nodded. "Sorry, I got a little... erm..." he mumbled, only to look up and find that Yewberry was sprinting away. "Dog's breath!" he cursed, before high-tailing it after him. If there was one thing Yewberry was better than Oaktail at, it was speed and running. Oaktail had the stamina, but he was bulky. He felt like yowling to him to wait up. Oaktail shook his head. His speech had been so... stupid and kit-like. What was next, he was going to curl up beside Yewberry and clean his scrawny black hide? Oaktail shuddered at the thought. Once this battle was won, things could -and would- go back to normal. Normal, what an odd word...

Yewberry heard Oaktail coming up behind him. He slowed his pace deliberately, trying to make it look like he was tired. Yewberry, being the proud cat that he was, understood how it would damage his pride. Oh, so much thought of pride and yet nothing was acted upon. It pained him to think that he had waited too long. Yellowstar was more than likely to have instituted some bizarre ritual that weakened the Clan irreparably. It was a gruesome thought that plagued his mind as he entered RiverClan territory once more, silently and stealthily, he was soon to the outskirts of the camp. A Clan Meeting had just ended.

Oaktail realized Yewberry wasn't really tired, but greatly appreciated the gesture. He twitched his whiskers and ducked down as they entered the edges of their territory. Apparently a meeting had just ended. Oaktail wanted to thank Yewberry for slowing down, but now they were on dangerous territory, for though it was their, own, it was not under their control. He crawled up by Yewberry. "What's the plan?" he hissed very quietly, taking the risk of this simple question. His eyes showed concern not only for their mission and the cats involved, but the cats in the camp too. What would it be like now, moons later?

Riverpool followed Yewberry and then pulled up next to him "Where are we going excatly? Why are w in our old territory?" she meowed, her eyes curious and wide. She was slightly scared though, even though this was their territory. She was also being cautious.

((Sorry, when Yewberry becomes leader, he'll do the ceremony for Venompaw. ^^)) It was now moonhigh, and Ravenstar raised her head. "Fernflight, Leopardpaw, Aquafeather, Darkwhisker, Sootstep, Blacksky, Shadestream, and Flamepaw." she called. "We must go to RiverClan. It is time to end Yellowstar's tyranny." she called, and started to pad towards the entrance. She was seriously hoping that they could end Yellowstar's reign over RiverClan. Cloudfoot padded to the center of camp and sat down. He looked around for his kin for them to start their vigil. The tabby tom purred and held his head high. Winter padded behind Yew and Oak, flattening her ears a little. "No matter how many times you tell me to go, I'm staying." she hissed and looked at the camp. "Look at all of those rogues..." she murmured under her breath.

The signal was simple. The moment the yowls started, the rest would follow. Yewberry listened as he heard a young warrior yowl. Very young. He must have just completed his apprenticeship. The tabby tom was grappling with a Loner. Yebwerry shot past a Rogue, tackling said Loner. "Don't kill the ones who aren't Rogues!" He yowled. The tabby tom, Pikeclaw, was shaken but not stirred. "Attack!" He yowled and charged towards the black tom. The scars, the size, the pelt, the eyes. It was none other than Yewberry. He would make Yellowstar proud by killing the traitorous tom.

Yewberry was bowled over, but he climbed to his feet quickly. "Don't fight us! We're trying to save you from Yellowstar and the Rogues! Go, hide! The Loners will not hesitate to kill you," He panted. Turning his head to the leader's den, he knew what came next. Pikeclaw was certainly confused, but was knocked over by the seemingly ever present Moose. Yewberry knew that Moose knew not to kill, and left. Charging to where Yellowstar was most likely resting, he let out a fierce yowl. "RiverClan! Return the cruelties done to you!"

Yellowstar hissed when Yewberry stood outside his den, yowling about RiverClan attacking. Yellowstar bounded out, snarling and lashing his tail. "What in the Dark Forest are you doing?!" he yowled, bristling as he launched himself toward him. Ravenstar yowled as well and propelled her warriors into battle, snarling as she attacked a tom. Yellowstar was bowled over by Venomstrike, who had seen her friend return. "Leave. Him. Alone." she snarled, batting at his ears.

As soon as Yewberry was knocked over by Yellowstar's superior strength, Venomstrike appeared. He burned with pride as he stood up and came to back up her attack. From the sound of the yowls, he was unable to tell which way the battle was going. If they were able to subdue Yellowstar, the Rogues would flee. That was how they lived and worked. He stalked in a circle around Yellowstar, waiting for him to make a move that would leave him open to attack. "I'm back for my clan, Yellowstar. You'll regret ever coming to take RiverClan from me."

Bear was leading the attack. Two Rogues attacked him with a blood lust he had only seen in a true life or death battle. And, anywhere Bear was fighting, it was. He respected Yewberry and his ways. But, when it came to the cats who were like him, Bear would kill. He had the blood of another unfortunate soul on his claws already. Moose came and the two fought off the other Rogues. The young tom killed the Rogue he was fighting, despite his cries for mercy. Bear would have killed his own, but the cowardly she-cat turned tail and fled. The battle wasn't going well for them however. It was only the arrival of ThunderClan that raised his own hopes.

Yellowstar yowled with pain and fury at Yewberry's attack. He shook them off and stared at Yewberry circling around him. Venomstrike did the same, but only when she reached Yewberry, she stopped for a moment and looked at him. "I'm going to help the loners," she hissed quickly, "Yowl if you need my help." with that, she turned and dashed off, yowling a mighty battle cry as she launched herself into battle. Yellowstar snickered. "Loners? You brought Loners to battle?" he asked in mock laughter.

Yewberry circled. He was now in a deadly dance between himself and a cat who had nine lives. He was at the disadvantage. He would either die, or best the other tom. He knew it was more likely to be the former. "I brought only the Loners who wanted to clean the area of your tyranny." He spat. Suddenly, another cat slammed into his back. Yewberry was spitting kicking and trying to escape from the other cat. This cat fought with a ferocity unheard of in the Clans. He was out for blood.

Pikeclaw tore relentlessly at Yewberry's fur. He hissed whenever his teeth weren't sunk in some part of the other tom's body. Finally, the two separated. Yewberry looked incredulously at him now. "You're so young. You don't smell like a Rogue, and yet you attack me with the ruthlessness of one. Why?" He asked. Pikeclaw spat at the cat's question. He wouldn't justify it with an answer. Now, he stepped back, in his mouth was the stagnant taste of blood.

Yellowstar raised his hackles when Yewberry was speaking, but saw a flash of brown and black. Pikeclaw. Oh, so he was loyal, wasn't he? As Yewberry was distracted by Pikeclaw, he leapt into the air, aiming to claw the black tom's pelt. Cloudfoot was ducking and dodging, rolling with the hits and sliding underneath cats' bellies to rake at them. No more will he be afraid of the rogues! There was no way! No... he sat up, his ear already bleeding from a nick he had recieved. Pikeclaw was fighting Yewberry? The good guy?! He heard his mother always speaking good of him, but why was Pikeclaw attacking? "Moose!" he called the Loner's name. At least... that was what he heard. "Yewberry's in trouble!"

Pikeclaw heard his brother calling for help. A Loner's help. For that blasted Yewberry. He withheld his anger as best he could and dodged into the fray, tackling a ThunderClan warrior. Yewberry watched as the young warrior left. He was panting from exertion and was pleased to see Moose's form shooting up the rocks. The tom was large and full of energy. However, even Moose appeared to be tiring. He launched an attack at Yellowstar instantly, using his momentum to try and bowl the cat over. A bloodcurdling yowl ripped through the air. Yewberry was only momentarily distracted by it. It was pained, but so were all the others.

Yellowstar felt someone knock him over, making him yowl with fury, rage, anger, and whatever horrible, dark feeling was left at him. He aimed to pummel Moose's belly with his back legs. Cloudfoot dodged a rogue's attack and ran headfirst into Pikeclaw. Though, it was by accident. "What are you doing?" he yowled, his lush green eyes wide. "Yewberry's trying to save us, not hurt us!" Venomstrike was fighting nearby, seeming to be overwhelmed by the amount of rogues. At this time, she was fighting three that were ganging up on her at once. "Help!" she yowled.

Drizzlefrost was confused by the chaos. A ThunderClan apprentice tried to swipe at her head, but she just batted her away with a paw and jumped somewhere safer. She wasn't sure what was happening; however, she did see Yewberry. She wondered who she should team up against, but made up her mind when she saw Venomstrike. She leaped over, taking on one of the rogues.

Fernflight saw everything break into chaos. She leaped into the midst of it, clawing away some RiverClan warriors. She saw Drizzlefrost, and stalked over. When she leaped away, Fernflight followed, but then saw her fight the rogues. She looked confused for a second, but then walked away to see who else needed help.

((are the rogues that aren't rped npcs?))

Edited by dragcave:D

(can Mosspaw have a different name?)

Froststripe's claws were flying everywhere, trying to defend from three sides at once as rouges attacked her from everywhere. She felt her claws drag across the pelt of an orange tabby, which turned and spat at her. The tabby slashed at Froststripe's eyes, who pulled back her head just in time. She used the moment while the tabby was unbalanced to hook his legs out from under him, but just as Froststripe was about to rake her claws against the tabby's back, she heard a terrified yowl. She turned to see Venomstrike's paw disappear under a mass of rogues. She saw Drizzlefrost pulling rogues away, trying to get to her mother... Froststripe ran over to help, not caring about the claws that were pulling out tufts of her fur or leaving long scratches as she passed. She reached the spot where she had seen her mother's paw, and grabbed a rogue, a rather small she-cat, by the scruff. She pulled the rogue backwards, which slashed at her nose. Froststripe felt blood run down her face, the wound gushing blood... now one of the cats that had been in RiverClan before the rogues had come, one who was supposed to be helping drive the rogues away, was attacking her...

Mossfang fought through the Clan cats that were trying to fight, pleased to see that the rogues were winning. Yellowstar had been the best thing that had ever happened to RiverClan, perhaps after Rosestar. Mossfang felt a large Clan cat rake its claws across her pelt, but when she looked back at it, she saw it wasn't a RiverClan cat. So ThunderClan had come to help... but no matter. Mossfang wouldn't let RiverClan be corrupted again. She saw Froststripe, one of the new warriors, trying to fight a pack of rogues that looked like they had ganged up on one cat. Mossfang ran forward to help the rogues, hooking Froststripe's legs out from under her.

Edited by Backup77

Thistlepaw sighed. Again she wasn't picked for an important task. She was almost never picked for anything, not even a hunting patrol. But she probably would just blow it anyway. So, she began to eat a mouse that she had picked from the fresh-kill pile and ate in silence.