TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

((Mossfang? And Venompaw can be Venomwhisker. ^^)) Venomstrike yowled with triumph as Drizzlefrost took on one of the rogues. "Work together!" she yowled once more, batting roughly at one of the rogues. A tabby silver she cat. Pretty, but she wouldn't let that get in the way. She tackled the she cat, grabbing on to her throat and shaking her, throwing her to the side. The body hit a rock and fell limp. She... had just killed...

The tide was turning and all the cats could feel it. Rogues fled from the battle ground and Yewberry stood staring off with Yellowstar. Pikeclaw had dove into the fray long ago. His glare was darker than ever. He watched as Moose was flung off of the leader. Blood was streaming from the tom's stomach. "Leave! Find the Medicine Cat!" Yewberry yowled. Moose nodded, staggering away from the two of them. The battle was materializing closer than ever to the two. As though the cats that were fighting wanted to watch even though they were fighting. "Yellowstar! This battle is between you and me!"

Pikeclaw felt some cat fly into him. The tom was bowled over and he leapt to his feet, hackles raised as high as ever. He hissed at his attacker only to see it was Cloudfoot. "Fighting off the attackers! What do you think I'm doing? Yewberry is against us! Didn't you ever hear what Yellowstar told us?" He yowled over the sounds of battle. Scowling, he attacked a nearby Loner. The tom was far larger than himself and fought with a strength he'd never seen in any other cat. But, Pikeclaw was far quicker. The young tom soon had the advantage and knocked the cat over, delivering the killing blow without a second thought.

Oaktail flung himself into battle, plowing through cats, raking his claws against their sides and momentarily unable to feel pain. The large cat was able to overpower most others because of sheer mass, but skill helped him too. Even that, however, was unable to keep himself from bleeding heavily. Blood seemed to pour from a wound on his leg where another cat had locked it in their jaws with ferocity that could only belong to a rogue, but Oaktail fought on, playing the role of the 'good guy' for once. He managed to get closer to Yewberry, and turned in time to see Pikeclaw deliver a killing blow. "Yewberry, I refuse to believe Yellowpath has nine lives! He may call himself leader, but Starclan would never accept him!" he yowled, trying to boost Yewberry's confidence while throwing his body at the other cat called Pikeclaw.

Mouse was suddenly there too. She never missed out on a battle. Her first opponent was a large cat who clearly underestimated her. All too quickly she danced around him, striking light blows and tiring him out. Finally, when she nearly had him beat, disaster struck. The tom suddenly caught her in a moment she had been to cocky, and gripped her by the neck, tossing her away. She stood up and spat, this time diving for his belly and making a poor choice. He was right there, pinning her with his fore paws, and suddenly he tore into her. She kicked with her hind legs and caught him a few times, and finally broke free of his grasp, panting wheezing and standing there with her pride heavily injured.

Cloudfoot's eyes widened. No... Pikeclaw thought that Yellowstar was right?! That was impossible! "No, Pikeclaw!" he cried as he saw him kill a loner. "Yellowstar's evil! Don't you hear the cats from other Clans?!" he then chomped on his ear lightly, trying to get him to focus on him. "Venomstrike always told us Yewberry was good! Who would you rather believe?!" Yellowstar snarled as the battle intensified. The gray tom turned toward Yewberry and launched himself at him, scratching at his eyes and hoping to blind him. "So be it! I'll kill you myself!"

Bear lay on the cold ground. It was wet with dew, and blood. His eyes were transfixed on the moon above his head. He coughed. Some would have you believe that death was a traumatic experience. It wasn't. He felt more at peace than ever before. It was like he was falling asleep. Draining. He felt the pain in his neck no longer. It had been a young tabby tom who had been his end. He smelled of RiverClan, not a Rogue. Bear was pleased. He'd lived a good life. The large tom cat's breaths (which had been more like shallow gasps) were fading. He finally took his last breath, closing his eyes. After his time with Yewberry, the tom now believed in StarClan. It was a surreal experience as he was met by a lost friend, Gravy. The two cats walked away from the battle field, up to the hunting grounds of StarClan. Bear was finally at peace.

Pikeclaw hissed angrily at his brother. "I'd rather believe the one who the Dark Forest trusted with leadership!" He yowled. And, with that condescending note, he bolted from his brother's side, trying to lose him in the battle. He was done fighting now. He'd done his fair share. The battle was lost. He could see it.

Yewberry fell away from Yellowstar, clawing at him angrily. "You only wish!" He yowled. Pride for his Clanmates' valiant efforts to fight filled his veins. Anger at their anguish fueled his attack. He would no doubt be a powerfully dangerous adversary, but he was still just a warrior. Yellowstar had nine lives to burn, if his sources were correct, and he had only one. The bodies strewn about the RiverClan camp proved that.

Edited by Kokay

Stormheart sat stunned in the mist of battle, they where piking sides now. Yellowstar had never been cruel to him... he would never betray his clan. With that he jumped into battle. A small Thunderclan cat, no more than an apprentice attaked him from behind. She was small and skillfull. She bit his neck and the pushed her off. This was... this was great! He ran at a large rouge and swiped his claws along his face. There he was, claws shlashing at all. The same silver she-cat attaked him. She slashed her claw across his face. Once, twice. She made an X. He pushed her off and then bit her by the neck. He heard her wimper, "please no... " but it was to late. Stormheart killed her before he had a second thought. Blood poured down his face and he went blind in one eye.

Leopardpaw slid under the fighting cats, she slowly crept up behind a warrior, but before she could, another came from behind. He bit deep into her ear, and then was pushed away. Leopardpaw let out a small screech at the pain, then it went numb. Blood spilled down her ear, making her deaf in that one. She heard anoter cat behind her and spinned around. It screetched and attacked. She jumped, but tripped slightly and tripped onto her back. It jumped up onto her and was about to kill her when knowing flasheed through it's eyes. "Your that kit..." it whispered, freezing. "I saw you, but left you... We killed all the others..." it trailed off. Realization passed through her eyes. This cat had killed her family. "You can join them now." it said. The cat scratched down her stomach and blood came out of it. Then another cat punced form the side, and she relized it was- Aquafeather?! Aquafeather popped back from the fighting and examined her wounds, "Run! Run!" Aquafeather said, knowing that the apprentice would not last anylonger in the fighting. Leopardpaw ran and hid.

((sorry, I haven't gotten an opportunity to post. What had happened? There is like five whole pages for me to read! What is happening, exactly, of the moment?))

((Pretty much, we've had a timeskip. 10-ish moons. In the meantime, apprentices have gotten their warrior names if they wanted. RiverClan is overrun with Rogues and Yewberry and two others left. They came back with a vengance and are now attacking RiverClan to kill the hated Yellowstar. In the mean time, the well loved Rogue and Loner, Bear has suffered a miserable death at the paws of poor, misguided Pikeclaw.

DH, begin fighting in the battle. Though I don't think helping Yewberry is a good idea. He needs to fight the battle himself...))

Yellowstar dodged his attack and dashed toward him, aiming to knock him off balance. "You will not defeat me!" he snarled, aiming attack after attack after attack. He wanted to overwhelm Yewberry with so many attacks that he would go running back to his Twolegs! "Surrender now, and I'll make you my slave, loner!" he yowled.

Yewberry took the hits. There wasn't much he could do about them. One after another he was pummeled by Yellowstar's consistent attack. He felt overwhelmed. He was. But, the tom refused to take the offensive until he saw an appropriate opening. That would be the death of him if he didn't move soon. "I'll never surrender to the likes of you. I wouldn't be able to show my face to StarClan." He spat angrily. Yewberry pushed Yellowstar back with his shoulder, trying to get away from the sheer rock surface. If he wasn't careful, he'd fall once more.

Yellowstar laughed with content as Yewberry pushed him. Ha! He was overwhelmed-! Now he'd- all of a sudden, his paw slipped and he yowled, falling down the rocks. He got battered by sharp stones, and he ended up fallin limp on the ground. Damn Yewberry... the thing was, in the past ten moons, Yellowstar lost six lives due to greencough and facing loners and rogues by himself. Now he was about to lose another. He only had two lives left by the time he woke up, shaking his fur. He was dizzy and fatigued. This was bad...

Yewberry watched as Yellowstar fell. He was suddenly worried about killing the tom. That was against StarClan's set Warrior Code. He ran to the edge and watched the life drain from Yellowstar. He shook with fear at StarClan's reaction. He had only been trying to move the tom away from him so he could regroup himself. Yewberry was exhasuted. He was bleeding heavily from many scratches that dotted his pelt now. He blinked blood out of his eyes, shaking his head. As soon as he was able to think clearly again, he saw Yellowstar getting up again, looking quite shaken. "Give up now, Yellowstar, and I will spare your remaining lives."

Yewberry was saying that he would of spared him. Yellowstar yowled in fury, staring at him with so much hatred, so much anger. "I will never submit to you!" he screeched. "I'll kill you!" he leapt at him, clawing at his eyes. Of course, he was off balance and was dizzy and pained, but the silver tom won't stop until he took his last breath.

Yewberry turned his head quickly away from the claws that reached for his eyes. Instead, the blow scratched his ears, spilling blood into his face once more. He spat angrily and stepped back away from Yellowstar, blinking rapidly. He tried desperately to put some distance between himself and Yellowstar, just enough so that he had time to blink away the blood. He didn't realize, however, that he was backing up dangerously close to the very cliffs he'd been avoiding so desperately.

Yewberry was getting tired. Yellowstar smirked, panting with exsasperation. Both their pelts were completely drenched in blood. And the best thing was that Yewberry was backing up too close to the cliff's edge. Yes! Now was his opening! Yowling, he leapt at him again, aiming to knock him over without getting knocked over himself as well. "You'll die now!" he yowled. Venomstrike heard the yowl, and turned her mangled head to the side. She saw Yewberry and Yellowstar. "No!" she wailed.

Time slowed down desperately. He felt himself falling, and realized he was off the edge of the cliff. Yellowstar had knocked him off of the cliff. He had failed his Clan members and couldn't even call out an apology. No, by the time he thought to do such a kindness, he felt an abrupt stop in his motion. His body crumpled against the cold stone and he barely squeaked out a yowl of pain before coldness took over his consciousness. As quick as it happened, he was in a forest again. Not his forest, he wasn't in pain at all. But, he was terribly confused. "Where am I? Where is Yellowstar?"

'Yellowstar isn't here.' A sleek, brown she cat with bright amber eyes stepped out into the open. The she cat smiled at Yewberry, gently and calmly. 'You are in StarClan, Yewberry. Hello. I am Fawnheart. I used to be a warrior in RiverClan some time ago, in fact, I was a deputy.' she sat down and licked a paw, tilting her head to the side. 'You are dead, Yewberry- for now. But StarClan has been watching you all of this while, and we have found your heart to be full of pure devotion for your Clan. And so," she smiled broader now, flicking an ear. 'We have decided to give you your lives.'

Yewberry's mind whirled. StarClan didn't do things like this. You had to receive your lives through the journey to Moonstone. He looked warily at Fawnheart for a moment. His eyes shifted as another cat entered the clearing followed by a kit. The tom was Bear and suddenly Yewberry felt weaker than ever. "B-Bear..." His whispered, pain ripping through his heart mercilessly. The tom looked peaceful, however. He nuzzled Yewberry's shoulder calmly and stepped back. "I'm fine now. Thanks to you." He rumbled. Suddenly, Yewberry's eyes were caught by the pale ginger tom who ran in front of him. The kit couldn't be much younger than an apprentice, and as the green eyes turned to face him, he was hit with the realization. "Goldkit!" Goldkit had been his brother, the one of the two who had died from eating deathberries.

'Bear and Goldkit are happy here.' Fawnheart said, purring as she watched the three cats communicate. 'You're brother misses you dearly, but it is time to recieve your lives.' she stepped forward and rested her head on Yewberry's. 'With this life, I give you love.' she purred. 'Use it to defend your kin and Clan, and the closest cats you have come by.' she spoke. Then she stepped away. 'The only way you can defeat Yellowstar is using the burning love that you have for your Clan. He has only two lives left. You will win this battle.'

Yewberry felt the strangest sensation. It was burning passion like that he had only felt when leading the Loners into battle for his Clan. "With this life, I give you courage." Bear placed his head lightly on Yewberry's. "Use it to fight even in your darkest hours." He rumbled. Yewberry felt it flow through his body, relieved to feel it's cold, lonely and strong feeling. "With this life, I give you energy." Goldkit was next. Caught off guard, but unhindered, Yewberry lowered his head to allow his brother to touch his head. "May you use it to protect your Clan with the boundless energy of an apprentice."

((Make Venom react to the battle? xd.png)) Another cat came in. It was a thick furred gray tom with yellow eyes. "I am Wolfspirit." he stated in a rumbling voice. He came closer, doing the same to Yewberry as Fawnheart had done. "With this life, I give you loyalty." he rumbled once more, "Use it to show how loyal and devoted you are to your Clan."

Yewberry was overwhelmed with a similar burning passion. But, this one was full of a pride so strong he didn't know he could feel it. He had heard their names before. Wolfspirit and Fawnheart. Respected warriors, though he couldn't recall where Wolfspirit was from. He counted his lives. He was up to four now. "Fawnheart... There's someone I need to talk to. Di-did Briarstar make it?" He feared the answer. Briarstar had not reacted when Yellowstar was taking over. He feared that he had, truthfully, died.

Fawnheart brushed her tail against Yewberry's lips. "Shh, Yewberry." her amber eyes showed the faintest trace of sadness. "Unfortunately, yes, Briarstar died the night before Yellowstar took power in RiverClan. No one knows where he died... but Briarstar will be giving you one of your lives, do not worry." she stepped aside to let two young she cats pad up to him. One was a white she cat dappled with silver splashes, and the other one was a pale tabby. "Hello, I am Smallsplash," said the first she cat, motioning toward the tabby. "And this is Littlefeather. We both died young in RiverClan due to a badger attack." Smallsplash stepped forward and gave him another life. "With this life, I give you compassion. Use it to be mindful of cats weaker than yourself." Littlefeather stepped up and gave him another. "With this life, I give you justice. Use it to judge your Clanmates fairly."