TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

Venomstrike purred when Drizzlekit fell asleep. The next one was Cloudkit, who was comforted by Drizzlekit's fur. "You'll see, young ones..." she mewed, curling closer to them. "One day, you'll be as big as strong as them. You'll defend your Clan with all your heart, and then there will be peace..."

Ravenstar dipped her head to Faintheart and looked down at Lynxpaw. She slid underneath her and started to carry her away. Faintheart purred and nodded. "Leave as fast as you can!" she mewed to them as the leader left. "Hurry."

4 months later

Yewberry stalked through the forest. On either side of him were two Loners. They were huge cats, both with similar brown pelts. The larger one had longer legs, the smaller was stockier. Yewberry's own black pelt was gleaming with the healthy sheen that it always had. He was in an area of the forest he was not used to. He'd only been there once before and now he was on official business that could not wait. "Yew, I don't think they'll be happy to see you. You were practically banished, remember?" The tall brown tom said cautiously. Yewberry nodded. "Yes, Moose. I remember. But, we have to do this. I've waited too long now. I have to get back to the Clan before Yellowstar does something irreversible."

The Loners understood. Moose was now a stunningly well muscled cat. His long legs helped him run far faster than most cats. Bear was getting on in his years now, but he was still strong, perhaps more so than before. Yewberry seemed to be in better health than ever. He was in ThunderClan territory, looking for Ravenstar. Now reaching the end of his wits, Yewberry led the cats towards the camp. He hadn't wanted the Loners to accompany him, but they insisted. They all knew the danger that he was in. Yewberry stopped just outside the ThunderClan camp, very near to the leader's den (unbeknownst to him). "I won't go further. I want to be found, not enter of my own accord." He hissed quietly.

Ravenstar had just two lives left. She was getting old and her most recent life was taken by greencough. She got up and shook out her fur, sighing. But as she inhaled, she caught the scent of something weird.

Loners.

She snarled. Even though she was older, doesn't mean any one could come into her territory! She rushed out of her den and into Yewberry. "Oof! What are you doing here?" she hissed at him.

Yewberry stumbled back. Bear and Moose both stood ready, the latter crouching to attack. Yewberry flicked his tail at Moose, and the cat settled. "Ravenstar. I'm sure you recall the change in leadership in RiverClan. I do hope that Yellowstar has not filled your head and hearts so full of lies that you won't hear me out." He mewed. Bear stirred. "Yew, cut to the chase. We need to get in and get out of here. The others are waiting at the island, but with me not there I'm not sure how much longer they will." He rumbled. Moose exchanged a silent look with Bear, ears flicking in irritation. "If we're going to do this, we need to do it soon." He meowed.

"Ah yes. Yellowstar took over RiverClan." Ravenstar tipped her head upward. She looked wise and strong from this angle. "As you know, that cat has to be stopped. I know that. He's a demon that comes straight from the Dark Forest." she looked at the loners. "Who are these?"

Aquafeather heard voices outside her den. She stuck her head out and saw Ravenstar talking to someother cats. She pulled her head back in and pretende to look for some herbs. She was actually listening in on their discusion. She was always the nosey type.

Yewberry looked at the other two. "I am Moose." Bear shot Moose a dirty look for introducing himself first, but stepped forward. He dipped his head in respect. "And I am Bear. We are working with Yew in order to put an end to Yellowstar's tyranny. He is a fool. None of us are fond of him," He glanced at Yewberry. The tom nodded for him to continue. "We are planning to launch a full scale attack tonight. We have only 10 Loners helping us. We have come to request that you and your Clan will help us overthrow Yellowstar. When the plan succeeds, Yew will take his rightful leadership of RiverClan. In return for your aid, he plans to sever all ties with ShadowClan, turning the tide of the war." Yewberry knew the second half of the statement would be easier said than done. And, if he returned to his Clan in a state of weakness, he would not put them in danger of ShadowClan. The second half was with where the wind blew.

((I'll post the ceremonies now ^^))

Yellowstar bounded to the top of Riverrock.

"All cats gather here for the warrior ceremonies!" he called. All the cats came. He looked down upon five apprentices.

" I, Yellowstar, leader of RiverClan, call upon the Dark Forest to look down on these apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn.

Frostpaw, Drizzlepaw, Cloudpaw, Pikepaw, Stormpaw do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life? "

They all mewed "I do".

"Then by the powers of the Dark Forest, I give you your warrior name. Frostpaw, Drizzlepaw, Cloudpaw, Pikepaw, Stormpaw, from this moment you will be known as Froststripe, Drizzlefrost, Cloudfoot, Pikeclaw, and Stormheart. The Dark Forest honors your cunning and lust for battle, and we welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan. "

((Moddy, I know, but that was how we did it in the last Rp.))

Ravenstar dipped her head. "Hello Moose and Bear. I will be honored to serve you to get rid of Yellowstar. He does not deserve to be leader."

Winter appeared behind them. "You left me." she said, flicking her tail at Bear and narrowing her eyes.

"Who is this?" Ravenstar asked curiously, swiveling her ear to make Aquafeather know that she knew she was eavesdropping.

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Pikeclaw was ecstatic. He wanted to yowl his joy, but it was not the way. He had to hold vigil. Then he could bound around the camp, bragging to all his former fellow apprentices about how he was a warrior now and they weren't. He could lead patrols now, he could fight in battles now... There were so many freedoms now offered to the young tom. Purring, he flicked his tail back and forth, trying to maintain the most composure he possibly could.

~~~

Yewberry watched as Moose spun to look at Winter. "Well, you weren't supposed to be coming anyway! Three's a crowd. What do you think that makes four? Besides, Bear and I are more than enough to protect any cat from possible hostile cats." Yewberry smiled and cuffed Moose. The tom tried to return the rebuke, but was unable to. "Thank you, Ravenstar. If you could get a patrol up and be in RiverClan territory by the time the moon is at its highest, it would be excellent," Yewberry mewed. He turned and faced Winter. "We have things under control, thank you though."

Aquafeather shrunk back at Ravenstar's signal. She felt emabresed do she wen back to her medicine cat duties. She still kept an eye on the cats. So, the rouges wanted their help in an attack? And the leader agreed? Oh, joy... Why did they always have to get into other clan's business?

Stormheart puffed up his chest. He was a warrior now! Haha~! He wanted to prance around like a kit, but decided that it wasn't the best thing to do. So, he just kept standing there with a smug look on his face. He felt big and proud and awesome. Stormheart took a large step forward, but then in his happiness he tripped and fell. he struggled to get back up, but now his face was hot with embaressment. Haha...

Edited by Laurarockstar

((Venompaw can become a warrior too, orange. I just have to add his name in there later.)) Cloudfoot pressed against Pikeclaw. His green eyes shone and a purr rumbled in his throat. He then turned to Froststripe, Stormheart, and Drizzlefrost. He draped his tail around them. They were all warriors, and they were going to be the best! He caught a sight of Venomstrike padding from the warrior's den. Cloudfoot prodded Pikeclaw and jerked his head toward their mother. Winter curled her lip and hissed. "Well, I still felt like joining along!" she grumbled. Everyone was used to her moodiness and sassiness. The white she cat watched as Ravenstar dipped her head and turned toward her Clan. "I will do that, Yewberry." she mewed. "Thank you for letting me join along on this expedition!"

Pikeclaw felt Cloudfoot's body against his own. He pressed back, happily purring. When Cloudfoot motioned towards their mother, he nodded. Bounding forwards towards her with all the energy as a kit, he ran into her. Quite on purpose too. He hoped to knock her over. Just like old times.

~~~

Yewberry nodded to Ravenstar. "We will see you at the RiverClan camp then. We must leave for preparations now. Thank you for your aid, Ravenstar." He turned, letting his tail sweep by Winter to signal for her to follow. Moose and Bear followed instantly, as if they were in synch with him. The trio trotted forwards, suddenly Yewberry broke into a run. "I have to warn the old Clan members to hide. There will be blood spilled tonight. I don't want any of it to be there's.

Leopardpaw felt a sharp pain in her pad. She looked down and saw a small thorn stuck in foot. She pulled it out and a small flow of blood came. She licked it and then trotted back to camp. No food. Again. Leopardpaw was a horrid hunter. She couldn't be quiet. Eh, at least everyone praised her on her battle skills. She went into Aquafeather's den. "Aquafeather?"

Aquafeather nearly jumped out of her pelt. "What no!" she hissed at Leopardpaw. Leopardpaw blinked in confusion. "Oh, sorry... I thought you where someone else..." she looked at the apprentices paw and the put some leaves on it. "Owww, that really stings" complained Leopardpaw. "Sorry, but thats all i could spare..." said Aquafeather, already saving herbs.

Venomstrike would of attended her kits' warrior ceremony, but the thing was she was ill. But she was better now. The sandy tabby's eyes widened as she spotted Pikeclaw come toward her. She yowled with surprise when he bowled into her and sent her tumbling to the floor. "My kit!" she laughed with happiness, getting up and nuzzling him. "My beautiful kit... I'm so proud..."

Ravenstar turned back to the Clan. She heard Leopardpaw going into the medicine den. "What's going on?" she asked as she went into the meidicne den.

"Oh nothing~" said Aquafeather in her brigthest voice. "Leopardpaw just pricked her paw..." she said, putting on a smile the size of a moon. Leopardpaw scooted away from the medicine cat. "Aquafeather gave me the wrong herb!" she tatteled. "Oh, i did not! That herb works perfectly fine!" she growled at the apprentice. "Then why didn't you give me the one that works better?!" the spotted aprentice asked. "Because we need all the rest of them!!!" Aquafeather said swiping a paw at the apprentice's ear. They both just the remebered the leader was right there. "Hah, oops..." they both said.

Pikeclaw stood up, purring happily. He opened his mouth to talk to his mother, but snapped it quickly shut. He chuckled through his closed mouth and nuzzled his mother, happy that she was healthy now. He bounded around her, not knowing what else to do with his conserved energy. His name was changed now. How hard it would be to remember that his name was now Pikeclaw instead of Pikepaw. He purred louder at this thought.

Oaktail was -at the least- pissed that Yewberry had left him with the loners. That wasn't okay, right or- or even marginally acceptable! He was running full-speed towards the now-running group. "Yewberry! If something's going to be done with Riverclan's situation, I want in. You should know that by now," he yowled, his tail lashing at this unintentional insult to his pride. Mouse was behind him; she had followed the stupid cat to make sure he survived a few minutes alone. She now barreled into to him, claws unsheathed, and raked her claws against his lashing tail. "You're a stupid self-centered cat. Come on then, go on!" she yowled, giving him a glare with her yellow eyes and lept forward, determined to get to the others first. Instead, they both ended up crashing into the other cats and tumbling while spitting at each other as they swatted at each other with their claws unsheathed. The two didn't get along, not for any particular reason, they just clashed.

((wait, why are they warriors? they shouldn't even be apprentices yet. 4 months=four moons, so their ages are only 4 moons. Leafpaw should probably become a warrior though))

Yewberry's head snapped around in time to see Mouse attack Oaktail. He sighed wearily. Oaktail certainly had found it the hardest of the other cats to adapt to the Loners' way of life. Mouse was simply edgy at all times. As soon as he was about to answer, the two cats barrelled into the trio and it soon became a mass of spitting and hissing. Bear was first out of the mass, grabbing Moose roughly by the scruff and tearing him away, Yewberry took care to remove himself. "Hey! Let's calm down here! Oaktail, you can come. I don't mind. I just don't want the Loner's coming. They'll only scare our Clanmates. We're just going to warn them to hide when we attack."

Riverpool just followed Yewberry and Oaktail, not really meowing or anything. She was being as quite as a mouse. Wait-no, she was being as quiet as a snail but not as slow as a snail. She then watched as Mouse attacked Oaktail and her claws slipped out and her fur bristled.

Mouse spat angrily. "I didn't want to come anyway. This dunce here decided to sneak off..." she hissed, pulling away from the fight and crouching, prepared to spring at him again. Her tail was lashing madly. "Wait. Winter gets to go and not me? You stupid little traitorous good-for-nothing..." she snarled, her eyes on Bear now with mistrust and anger. She then quickly sprinted away, looking back several times to make sure Oaktail wasn't following. Oaktail was panting heavily, his amber eyes furious. "None of this would've happened if you hadn't invited me in the first place! What kind of leader are you, not letting your cats help and just leaving them alone with a bunch of loners?" he spat, shaking off bits of fur Mouse had torn off. "I had to listen to that stupid she-cat complaining about helping the other cats! She's as bad as an elder!" he yowled, his tail still lashing wildly.

Winter snarled when the two cats began to fight, her green eyes blazing fury. "What the hell is going on here?!" she yowled, backing away and lashing her tail in confused anger. Mouse stood up and ran away, and she turned back to Oaktail. "You have no right to do that, Oak." she snarled. "We have enough mousebrains on the trip already!" Venomstrike nuzzled her child a bit more before Cloudfoot padded up to them. The other tabby nuzzled his mother as well, who purred with pride. "Look at you," she mewed, eyes glowing. "Full grown warriors already... you look so much like your father..." Ravenstar raised her hackles at Leopardpaw and Aquafeather. "There is no fighting in my Clan!" she yowled. Her fur had risen, but she flattened it again. "Both of you. Do something useful and get ready. We need as much cats as we need for the battle against RiverClan."

Yewberry flicked his tail. Mouse's temper was worse than an elder with a thorn in her foot. He let her leave however, knowing that it was Bear's place to calm her. "Oaktail, we needed some one in on the operation still there. If all the Loners leave, we'll be left to fight alone. We've only got one shot at this." Bear turned and faced Yewberry. "I'll go and catch up with Mouse. We'll make sure that no one left." As Bear left, Moose followed. The two cats shot across the forest undergrowth, faster than before. Yewberry turned his eyes to Oaktail once more. "We're going to warn RiverClan now." He said, command sneaking back into his voice. He'd tried so hard to keep it back over the past months, but now that there needed to be someone at the head of everything, he naturally fell into place.

~~~

Venomstrike was a good mother. She treated them well and with respect. Not like how that blasted Yewberry would. Yellowstar had told him ALL about Yewberry. The tom with fur as black as his deeds. If it hadn't been for Yellowstar, RiverClan wouldn't be flourishing as it was. Thinking of this, Pikeclaw walked to the fresh-kill pile, leaving his mother to bask in Cloudfoot's likeness of their father. He grabbed a fish and walked to Yellowstar's den. Finding the cat, Pikeclaw dropped the fish at his leader's feet.