Fortune86

The Power Inside

Kaylee finished her shower and got dressed, wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top as pajamas. She looked around, trying to find some where to put her dirty clothes. "I guess it's not in here..." she whispered. She shrugged and headed back to the dorm, assuming that someone there would know where to put them.

She walked into the room, pulling her damp, white hair into a pony-tail. "Anyone know where we put our dirty clothes?" she said aloud.

Diana watched with wide eyes as Rosa healed. That spell certainly looked draining, but this woman was an experienced Healer. Rain nickered softly, nudging the back of her neck. Aren't you forgetting to say something? "Thank you," she muttered quietly to the unicorn, with a slightly rolling of her eyes. Her mind cast back to what Ceil had called her. 'Pony girl.' Well, it was more than slightly offending that he'd implied that Rain was a pony. She'd seen pictures of 'ponies' and by what she'd seen, unicorns were much better. Stronger, faster, they carried themselves with much more elegance. And people used to have strange harnesses on their backs and around their faces.... Weird.

"Anyone know where we put our dirty clothes?"

Angelina heard the question.

"I guess maybe we have to wash our own clothes?" Shes said uncertainly and walked over to an empty tub grabbing some soap. She filled the tub with water and started to scrub her clothes clean in the now soapy water.

Kaylee nodded and walked over to the girl who had answered her question, noticing that she wasn't in the guide group earlier.

"Mind If I put my clothes in?" she asked, not wanting to be rude by just throwing them in the bucket.

Kiyser groaned as he was being pulled and pushed everywhere. He barely knew what was going on, as everything seemed to be a big blur to him. There were so many people all gathering around him, all trying to help. He couldn't make himself say anything, his energy was sapping away from him. He hoped it wasn't blood loss, he really hoped it was something else. All he could do is groan and look at all the different people. It was not long before he began to lose his sense of touch. He could not feel anything at all. The people touching him, the people trying to help him faded away. After that, he lost his sense of hearing. Every noise, word, sound became a muffled noise. He noticed that someone was summoning some sort of snake. How is that going to help me? he thought. Snakes bite people and poison them. Before he could do anything to get himself away from the snake, his sense of sight left him, and it was not long before he blacked out.

~~~~~

Wes rubbed the back of his head as he walked out of the bathroom. It's so cold outside... Rubbing his eyes, he once again stared at the door to the girls' dorm. Heh heh. One day. he smiled. Hopefully the girls wouldn't think he was creepy. He just wanted to talk with them, it was too boring in the other dorm. Stumbling back into the boys' dorm, he yawned and made his way to his bed. He then stared at his dirty clothes in his hand. He really did not feel like washing them, he was too tired, but they smelled. Bad. His hat smelled, too, and he always wanted to wear it. Cursing under his breath, he grabbed his hat off his bed and made his way back to the bathroom. Filling the large bucket up with water and soap, he started to wash his clothes. Back home he would let someone else do it, which was typical of him, but he had no other choice right now. Taking extra time and care when he came to his hat, he continued washing, the vespid-juices releasing from the threads of his shirt and pants.

"Mind If I put my clothes in?" she asked, not wanting to be rude by just throwing them in the bucket.

Angelina looked up to see the source of the voice was a girl that looked about the same age she was.

"Go ahead" She smiled at the girl.

"I'm Angelina." She said and held out a hand out hoping the girl didn't mind a soapy handshake.

"I'm Kaylee." she replied, shaking Angelina's hand, laughing as soap sprayed everywhere. She picked up her dirty clothes and plopped them down in the bucket, trying to scrub them free of any Vespid juice and dirt that clung to them. "That Vespid juice smelled disgusting." Kaylee said, wrinkling her nose in discust, smiling slightly.

Angelina laughed along with Kaylee.

"That Vespid juice smelled disgusting." Angelina nodded in agreement.

"What exactly is a Vespid? I sorta missed a decent part of the first class." She said while scrubbing some especially stubborn dirt out of her shirt.

"Some sort of large insect that can fly, they were rather discusting." Kaylee replied, still trying to scrub away the dirt on her clothes. "What type of element is your Fiend?" she added, trying to keep the conversation going. Angelina seemed to be very friendly, and it would be nice to have someone in the dorm room to talk to once in a while.

"O, I think I may have meet some wild ones. Nasty creatures." She said shivering at the memory.

"I am not really sure, I guess the light. She is a wolf though when she wants to fly, wings will seem to morph out of her fur. Aiedail is good at healing and battle magic as am I. She can be fierce in battle though she tends not to fight if she does not have to. I never really thought that her element would be different from mine." She said with a shrug.

"What about yours?"

"Oh, Ai is water. He is a large, white wolf that acts just like a pet dog, but when he's in battle, he is quite scary." she said with a laugh, wondering if Ai could fit in the dorm room. She pulled out her soaking wet clothes from the bucket and rung them out, trying to make them as dry as possible. She stood up and looked down at Angelina. "I'm going to go and see if there is some where to hang our clothes, I'll be right back." she said, heading towards the door.

She laughed.

"I guess that makes you a water wielder." She said and rung out the shirt she had been scrubbing away at. Picking up the other pieces of clothing she rung them out as well and stood up to follow Kaylee.

"I might as well help you search for a clothes line." Holding the bundle of clothing in one hand trying to keep them from dripping to much she walked out of the bathrooms behind Kaylee. She walked out a back door that was in the girl's dorms and saw a clothing line. She walked over to it and started putting up the items of clothing.

((Is Ceil and the others in training area one?))

((Yes they are, although the walls should prevent them from seeing one another.))

No sooner had Rosa finished healing the man than did he pass out. At least his wounds were mended, so he was no longer in any danger.

"Can you take him to the infirmary? I think it would be best to let him rest."

Ceil nodded and bent down to pick up the sleeping man. He was much heavier than Wesley and Ceil struggled slightly to get him over his shoulder. Once the man was secure Ceil set off towards the building.

Rosa turned to the soldier who had brought the formerly injured man in.

"What happened?"

~~~

Gwen silently washed her own clothes and followed Kaylee and the other girl outside to hang up her laundry.

"I'm sorry" she said to the new girl. "I didn't catch your name."

"I found 'im in the forests outside Niefir with 'is big Ice Fiend. They were headed here with a wagon but got attacked by some Earth Worms on th' way. He couldn't handle them and got wounded, so I brought 'im 'ere. Figured it'd be the best place fer 'im. Probably the closest healer 'round. An' he could use the training too. That's all I know. If ye want to know more, ya'll have to ask him." Merric responded to Rosa when asking him what happened.

"A wagon in the forrest?" asked Rosa with her brow wrinkling. "That's not one of the normal routes. No wonder they were attacked."

She looked round at Ceil to see the top of his head vanish round the corner. Whoever the man he was carrying was, he had some questions to answer.

Looking back to the soldier she bowed slightly.

"Thank you for bringing him in. We'll take good care of him."

"Yeah, I'm sure Ceil will do just that." Merric said. "Anyway, it's time fer me to get goin' again. I'll be back tomorrow to see if Noland arrived, an' p'raps to check up on Kiyser there." Turning around, he summoned Hawke for the last time that day and flew off, back to his father's place. He was tired after such a busy day, so he hoped Kyle had made him a bed already.

Imari got to the kitchen and looked around a bit to see what there is to nibble before she went to rest for the night. She peeked in some cupboards and found loads of stuff but not something to eat yet. She went to the door that Gwen opened earlier to find some of the dry foods. She found a couple of bread buns which looked still good so she decided to have one of them. As she took one of the buns she closed up the door tightly making sure that nothing would creep in. Imari wasn’t really in the mood to put something on so she just took a bit out of the bun as it is. It was rather sweet and still soft to the bite. “It has been kept well.” she thought to herself.

Slowly Imari made her way back to the girl dorm eating her bun when she heard people talking from the practice area. Not before long Ceil came in carrying a man which slightly confused her. She kept moving just incase Ceil wanted to snap at her for staring but still walked slowly to hear what had happened.

Ceil ignored Imari and strode straight to the infirmary, followed shortly by Rosa. Once inside he laid the unconscious man on a bed and stood back.

"Rosa? Keep an eye on him will you? I'm going out."

Rosa nodded

"Of course. Don't stay out too late."

Ceil laughed dismissively and left the room. He walked past Imari again and down the corridor towards the entrance hall. When he was outside he summoned Seth and the two tore off into the darkening sky.

Imari stood still for a moment and looked as Ceil passed. She slowly continued her bun looking as Ceil took of with Seth. “Wonder where he is off to?” Imari thought to herself looking back into the infirmary trying to see what’s going on. She got tired of being nosy and continued back to the dorm.

Imari looked around eating her last bite of bun and saw everyone getting cleaned up and washing there clothes. “Right better get to it I guess.” she spoke to herself.

Grabbing some stuff and clothes to sleep in she went to the bathroom to take a shower.

The hot water flowed down her back burning some spots on her back. She tried to make sense what it was when she remembered that it might have been the Vespid stings that Darhual received on his wings. Luckily it was nothing bad so she only washed herself clean and got dressed in some evening clothes. When she was finished she started to clean her clothes. Not knowing what to do with the wet clothes Imari heard the voices of the other girls and followed the sound hoping to find out where she could hang her laundry.

“Hey guys.” She spoke when she found them.

Hopping back on Rain, the pair trotted back to the school. Despite her jumper, she shivered in the darkness. Relieved when they got back, she murmured her thanks, slipping off. That was when she saw the shape of Ceil and his Fiend flying overhead. Interesting. He doesn't stay on-campus? Will probably make for some conversation with the girls. Unsummoning her own Fiend, she noticed the distinctly horsey whiff around her. Diana herself didn't really care, but the others would probably notice it. Opening the door, she jogged down to the girls' dorm, pausing to glance at the boys'. It had always been fun to chat with males... Shrugging slightly, she opened the door, greeting whoever was in there with a breathless, "Hello!"

Kaylee was hanging her clothes up on the clothing line when she heard two more people approach. She turned around and smiled, still carrying some of her damp clothes.

"He-ey." she replied with a yawn, putting the rest of her clothes on the line so water didn't drip on the floor.

"I'm Angelina" She said.

"You?" She hung up the last of her clothes and stood off to the side to give the other girls enough space. She looked over to see yet another girl coming into the back yard.

Looking at the sky, she saw the sun was going down and would not be of much help drying the wet clothes.

((Fortune, I believe daydreamer signed up for the empty fire spot. If shedoes not want that space I would like to reserve the spot for another char. ))

Edited by evangeline5432

((Oh shoot? Did she? I'll have to go back and check. There is still a light spot available should anyone want it.))

"I'm Gwen" she replied with a smile.

Just as she was throwing her skirt over the line Imari appeared. It seemed like she too had had the idea of showering and washing her clothes.

"Hey Imari!" called out Gwen. "There still some space over here if you need it."

((Edit: Daydreamer, I have decided to decline Victoria. The students and staff at the school all prepare their own meals, for two reasons. One to establish independence and help them learn to look after themselves and secondly because they can't afford someone who would only work a few hours or days a week. Once missions start the students won't be at the school a lot.))

Edited by Fortune86

((Ah, thanks for letting me know. I was unsure if she'd get accepted because of that. I figured I'd try and see.))

Having said goodnight to Angelina, Kasem headed to the guy portion of the dorms. Opening the door, the room proved empty, but the fact that some of the other bunks had belongings strewn about them caught the boy's notice.

Moving onto his own, he dug out a worn scrap of clothe, a thick sheet of rough paper, a small bag of powdered polish and a small bucket from his sack hiding under the wood frame. Dragging it all to the bathrooms, Kasem was surprised to see another guy.

"Hey, what's up?" He greeted the other boy and taking a nearby sink, turned on the faucet and began filling his bucket.

Edited by Daydreamer09