TJ09

2011-04-27 - Downtime

I don't think that I lost any of the Easter eggs - I didn't get to collect them all anyway, same as last year. The cave going down actually helped me - I was disappointed when my swallow-tail egg died, now it's alive again! biggrin.gif

Ahh okay. Thanks. (I SWEAR I had five eggs at first but I can't remember the fifth one! Dx)

Well.... I guess this'll be the second year I haven't completed the easter egg hunt. Last year, I didn't find out about it til it was almost over, so I had NO chance. This year, I had my completed collection snatched away by server failure (I was so happy about finishing it... ha ha ha...). I lost 15 easter eggs and need a MINIMUM of 4 hours straight on the computer to be able to get em back now. dry.gif

Figures. It just... figures. I'm gonna be stuck at my mother in law's house from Saturday until Tuesday.

Depending on when they show up for you, you'll need about anywhere from an hour and fifteen minutes to three hours and forty-five minutes, unless I've done my math wrong. :3

Good luck! I hope you can manage to re-nab at least some of those eggs. ^^

Thanks for cave up.

Its only a pitty I lost a CB Thunder and a CB paper as a result cause there is no way i'll be able to catch a 2nd CB Thunder with my crappy internet.

Snaps, no wonder quite a few of my dragons' names disappeared. And here I thought something was "offensive" about my choice of names, pfft. Every dragon wants to be called Outhouse...

Lost quite a few Easter eggs too it seems, 8 or 9. Probably 9. It's always 9.

Strangely enough, an ER Canopy egg I had grabbed previous to the downtime is not on my scroll anymore either. I assume it was put back on the original owner's scroll? Ah well. It it's probably a long stretch that they'll drop it and I'll grab it a second time, right? =)

Edited by Nine

I lost 21 of the easter eggs that I collected on tuesday (I made sure that I had them all), but I won't be able to collect any of them this weekend. sad.gif

Fortunately, I was already finished with the event eggs. I did lose an ND-fodder egg that I was planning on experimenting on on Sunday. Oh well, it's not like it's so hard to find those.

Edited by mpolo

I also lost about 14 event eggs that I collected on the last day.

Now they are all gone and I don't have the chance to collect any of them any more. I'm really really sad - mostly because of the many hours I have spent on collecting something that I don't have any more now. mad.gif

There was a 15 hour data loss (anything after 5 am EST yesterday), and eggs have been credited accordingly.

What do you mean, eggs have been credited accordingly?

You make it sound like you gave back eggs to people who lost theirs. Where the hell are MINE then?

What do you mean, eggs have been credited accordingly?

You make it sound like you gave back eggs to people who lost theirs. Where the hell are MINE then?

Time has been credited to eggs accordingly.

Time has been credited to eggs accordingly.

As far as I can tell, no eggs of mine were credited any time. They were all nearly out of time when the server came back on due to all the lost views and the fact time kept passing for them while the site was down. Had to ER them just to prevent them from dying.

He should be more clear on what he means, next time.

Oh shoot...

I had caught and gendered two CB spring eggs, and had the event eggs, all of them! Now my spring eggs are gone, and only 37 of my easter eggs are left...

I wondered what happened. I lost a CB Ice hatchling (that has grown up since, unfortunately) and a CB Nebula egg. Hopefully I can get another of each soon.

Thanks TJ for your hard work!

My ISP has been down nearly 24 hours so after reading the first post I quickly checked...whew! My scroll is alright. Sorry for others who may have lost eggs or hatchlings.

EDIT: spoke too soon. The BBW I caught at the AP as a gendered hatchling and named is now a Wild Dragon. I wish her well.

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

Ah...this explains why my bred ochredrake egg is gone. Oh well. Not a serious loss...it wasn't what I was trying to breed anyway.

At least I was done with the easter egg hunt before the crash so didn't lose any.

Thank you, TJ, for keeping us informed! After all, I could use a little rest from DC (cause I'm practically addicted xd.png) smile.gif

thanks for informing.

but whhhhhhhhat...

all the datas lost? nyaw...

Thank you for the update and for all your hard work, TJ.

My eggs gained time I really didn't want or need which means they'll hatch at what for me is an odd time, but these things happen.

As far as I can tell, no eggs of mine were credited any time. They were all nearly out of time when the server came back on due to all the lost views and the fact time kept passing for them while the site was down. Had to ER them just to prevent them from dying.

He should be more clear on what he means, next time.

All of mine seem to have been credited (which is actually a bit of a pain, as I needed them to hatch - one is a gift...) I didn't see he was being unclear ?

But let's NOT keep whining. We are lucky so little data was lost. I'm on a forum that once lost EVERYTHING in one night. sad.gif - this was before people started having backups of stuff - way back in the dark ages... We are VERY lucky TJ is as thorough as he is. All credit and many thanks to him.

And for people saying why not this time, that time, the other time - the cave runs on EST; it always has and it always will. End of. All of you on PST and so on - just be glad you aren't on GMT which means some very tough nights. biggrin.gif Every site in the whole WORLD is one some time zone or other.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Now that explains why three rows of my easter eggs are missing dry.gif (and one spring egg but that isn´t bad)

Thanks TJ for your update and for your hard work. And thanks that the easter egg hunt will be extended again happy.gif