TJ09

2011-04-27 - Downtime

"The Datatmonster strikes AGAIN!!!! This time it ate everything!!!! Including your Easter eggs! Let the beast be struck down by the great hero once MORE!"

lol

It's a good thing I didn't have any eggs hatching. Is it safe to get eggs now?

I hope we get a warning before the hunt starts. My poor brother lost almost all the eggs he got, would be sad if the event was scheduled and we got an all-of-a-sudden "Okay, start hunting again now" and he didn't even know it. sad.gif

...I really wanted an Okami, Squib and that Steampunk one egg...

And I was incredibly happy when I caught them.

And now they are gone...some of the other eggs too...

It's not a big loss but that's sad...

;_;

Edited by Xatu

... biggrin.gif All my caught eggs are here! All 6 of them!

Thanks TJ, for fixing this quickly~!

i lost 21 of my eastereggs ! im really angry !!! i want them back !!!

You will have a chance to catch again when TJ extends the hunt time - watch for the news.

Meanwhile - don't get angry. It's bad for your bloodpressure. xd.png

Just realised I lost 19 of my easter eggs sad.gif And I was so happy that I got my last egg a few hours before the deadline.

At least we'll get a bit more time to re-collect them, I just hope the times will be workable for me.

Luckily I've got all the Easter eggs before the last backup, so I still have all of them. The only things I've lost are the freezing of an hatchie (already recovered biggrin.gif), a bred Spring egg (recovered too biggrin.gif) and the last unsuccessful breeding of a pair that is part of a project, so I can breed them again and try for an egg (yay for this lost thing!!).

Thank you TJ for your news (yesterday I followed you on that topic in Help section) and thank you for give to everybody the chance to recovery their Easter egg!

I lost like ten of my easter eggs...oh well, shouldn't be too hard to get them back.

I did, however, get a breeding back that had previously given a "no interest" and got an egg from it that I need, so yay. :3

I lost like ten of my easter eggs...oh well, shouldn't be too hard to get them back.

I did, however, get a breeding back that had previously given a "no interest" and got an egg from it that I need, so yay. :3

I have to almost ditto that. My vines gave me an egg with a much better code, and my pink gave me what I wanted. Not all the results of the data loss were bad! biggrin.gif

Nice to see that this dataloss had some nice effects for people too!

And to all the people that shout "I want my eggs back!":

Do you really think that, if TJ somehow had data about which people got which eggs (easter, caught or bred) after the last backup, he wouldn't have restored them immediately? And if he doesn't have these data, how should he know what to restore? Maybe he should just take everybody's word for it?

In that case: I lost a CB Gold, a CB Silver, and the GoN I just summoned. Oh, and somebody traded me a Holly hatchie and a Prize hatchie, they are gone too.

/sarcasm mode off.

Really, I understand people being upset and I don't mind them coming here to whine a little, but people demanding that TJ does the impossible are annoying me a bit.

i lost 27 of my easter eggs... and i also hope the additional time works out for me to get them back. unsure.gif

We have this topic in Site Discussions, members helping members.

Data Loss Replacement Project, To help those with lost eggs

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=115598

Perhaps more people will read a news topic than the help one...

The cave is back up. There was a 15 hour data loss (anything after 5 am EST yesterday), and eggs have been credited accordingly. This means that anything done after 5 am EST yesterday was lost, including gathering event eggs, breeding your dragons, everything.

I will be rescheduling a Festival of Eggs extension to account for the 15 hours lost.

Edited by _Z_

Oh no, when i get the chance to collect the eggs again i'm on vacation. Very nice :<

I had them all and now i only have half of them..

I only lost six of my Easter Eggs, and have replaced the names for my two little Vamps. i hope the gender assignment for my Gray hatchlings was long enough before the downtime so they both grow up female, but can deal with it if they don't.

HOWEVER, there may be an incredible bonus to this fix! I am hoping this has fixed the horrible lag I have had in the Cave since early February's downtime. I am running the Cave on FireFox right now, and so far, I haven't seen a bit of lag! biggrin.gif (Knock on wood! xd.png)

Thank you, TJ!!!!!

Luckily I've got all the Easter eggs before the last backup, so I still have all of them. The only things I've lost are the freezing of an hatchie (already recovered biggrin.gif), a bred Spring egg (recovered too biggrin.gif) and the last unsuccessful breeding of a pair that is part of a project, so I can breed them again and try for an egg (yay for this lost thing!!).

Thank you TJ for your news (yesterday I followed you on that topic in Help section) and thank you for give to everybody the chance to recovery their Easter egg!

*nods* I am happy about the pair, hopefully they should breed an egg for me this time!

I lost 27 eggs which makes me very unhappy though, that's 1 more than half! sad.gif

Although, thanks to TJ for thinking of a way to extend the time!

Is there anyway the time extension could be longer than 15 hours total? I'm just really concerned that some people who originally collected all of them might not be able to collect all of them again because the extension might end up occurring while they are at work or on a family outing or something. If the extension is fairly long it ensures that everyone who collected them all before will have a realistic chance to do so again.

Well I lost an Ice-egg.

Luckily it just was transferred back to the breeder!

Actually I had luck with Data-loss, because I had to freeze an Ochre in order to take this Ice-egg the first time. When I got it back again this Ochre was already grown laugh.gif

Edited by Nalyua

My eggs are safe and sound, 2 with a big hole in them and one happily hatched. happy.gif

Have to hunt the last 8 eggs again though.

Thanks for the news.