TJ09

2011-04-27 - Downtime

We've all lost eggs and such, but look at the bright side! The graveyard is back! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by dragon_overlord

We've all lost eggs and such, but look at the bright side! The graveyard is back! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Well i'd rather had all my easter eggs back because i can't get them all anymore.

I'm going to Poland saturday and i don't have internet there :<

Edited by user560

I don't think there's anyway that will be 100% fair to every user - it's impossible to say "well when is everyone going to be able to log in within a 15hr window so we can make up the lost 15 hrs?"

Stuff happens. I hope I can get the Easter eggs that I had and perhaps I won't but at least an attempt is being made to allow it.

It's really a mixed bag as those that tried to breed/summon and were unsuccessful now get to try again and those that had success now have to hope they can do so successfully again. I guess I'd be really upset if after all this time my summons worked and I finally got a GON egg only to have it vanish and then not be able to summon one today. As it is, both attempts failed so no overall change except for a double failure laugh.gif

Oh noes, I lost nine of my easter eggs D:

ANyways, thank you TJ for restoring the site and giving us the chance to get our easter eggs again!

I'm glad that the people who lost eggs will get a chance to get them again, even if I didn't lose anything .

Just an idea came to my mind :

If TJ letting us know when he will starting to expand Festival Of Eggs again, he maybe should let a text in the main Cave and/or scroll appear, too (maybe in red) smile.gif ?

So people that doesn't check the news often or having a really stressful RL right now and will only log in to check their eggs/hatchlings, will noticing it also ^^ .

He does letting a text appear in the Cave, when he's doing a maintence, so I think it shouldn't be a problem =3 ?

Edited by Shichibi

I lost an ap find 2nd gen pink and two bred flamingo eggs, one already replaced, the other wouldn't produce again , will try next week, and bred a better pink egg with similiar lineage, plus a pair that wouldn't produce earlier that day had breeding rebooted and this time we got an egg( thanks Kirjava xd.png) so now I am back to a happy lock

I was saddened by the data loss, but since it could not be fixed I moved on and good things happened, I am very happy that the issues were resolved so quickly and that the site is running quite well,. Hopefully the server issues will be resolved without too much more downtime ( The internet highway is still a dirt road tongue.gif )

I had my Easter eggs collected by Sunday evening ( an empty nest has benefits)

hope that everyone can get replacements for lost eggs or maybe something better---

and enjoy the extra egg hunt time- TJ was certainly not obligated to extend the time again

I lost nothing. I think. I was gone from dragcave for a day, so I'm not sure if I lost any eggs...(but I don't think so). Sorry to hear about everyone else's losses.

Perhaps TJ can shorten the spawn time for the Easter eggs?

Well that explains the loss of my CB Ember, lol. Thought I was going crazy, knew I had grabbed one but couldn't work out where it had gone!! Oh well, will go hunting for another!!

Thanks for the update TJ.

I think user posted image should have the extension time running from 5 AM to 8 PM -- the time gap that data was lost. If people who lost their eggs were able to get their eggs in between those hours during the business week, they should be able to in between the same hours during the weekend. I didn't lose any Easter eggs, but to those who did, that seems like a fair solution.

I think user posted image should have the extension time running from 5 AM to 8 PM -- the time gap that data was lost. If people who lost their eggs were able to get their eggs in between those hours during the business week, they should be able to in between the same hours during the weekend. I didn't lose any Easter eggs, but to those who did, that seems like a fair solution.

That's not entirely true. I'm at a PC at work all day. So the weekend I'm away from the PC for the most part and just log in to get clicks if I have eggs.

My frozens both grew up.

blargh.

oh well, they were both cave blockers I'll get new ones soon~

I'm glad that the people who lost eggs will get a chance to get them again, even if I didn't lose anything .

Just an idea came to my mind :

If TJ letting us know when he will starting to expand Festival Of Eggs again, he maybe should let a text in the main Cave and/or scroll appear, too (maybe in red) smile.gif ?

So people that doesn't check the news often or having a really stressful RL right now and will only log in to check their eggs/hatchlings, will noticing it also ^^ .

He does letting a text appear in the Cave, when he's doing a maintence, so I think it shouldn't be a problem =3 ?

I like your idea. That would indeed make life much easier.

Thanks TJ for extending the Easter egg hunt that wasn't one more time xd.png

At least I have time to recollect about the 20 Easter Eggs I lost. >.<

Glad to hear it wasn't return of the Datamonster. But it does explain why my dragon Magrathea lost her name.

I just hope that whatever has been causing all this trouble is finally fixed so everyone can stop losing sleep over it all. Terribly awful to see TJ was up till 2:30 am(?) because they couldn't send him a proper reply.

Glad to hear it wasn't return of the Datamonster. But it does explain why my dragon Magrathea lost her name.

Actually, in light of my comment earlier, I wish it was the the Datamoster. Even, though it took a week or so, at least all our dragons and stuff came back. In this case, some of the info lost will NEVER come back.

Maybe its a new evil creature no one knows about... An eggeater? Or maybe the mutant spawn of the Datamonster and Lagmonster!! O_O Whatever it was, I personally am glad its fixed. Your lost sleep wasn't in vain TJ!

We have this topic:

Data Loss Replacement Project, To help those with lost eggs

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=115598

Also this:

Perhaps more people will read a news topic than the help one...

The cave is back up. There was a 15 hour data loss (anything after 5 am EST yesterday), and eggs have been credited accordingly. This means that anything done after 5 am EST yesterday was lost, including gathering event eggs, breeding your dragons, everything.

I will be rescheduling a Festival of Eggs extension to account for the 15 hours lost.

I will close this topic, if you have questions feel free to pm me or another mod.