GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been following this topic and I haven't seen any examples of established pairs refusing...

I think it's not so much a case of "refusals" as it is "You attempt to breed the two dragons, but no egg is produced"

Can you confirm if the breeding results are less successful randomly at the moment TJ or was this implemented to reduce numbers to the AP?

Reason for asking is that the AP was clogged with loads of Blacks and then after the downtime *Poof* biggrin.gif empty! and it would appear by consensus that most members are not getting the breeding results they had before

----

Edit to add: Xylene, yes I agree it is nice to have the longer and more often cave drops for CB's but there are projects and lineages that need breeding results (how else am I ever gonna snag a tinsel offspring?) tongue.gif

Edited by GForce

Bred 13 dragon pairs and got 10 eggs.

Two electric x Frill eggs, One Vine x Vine egg and one Canopy x Canopy egg, had another Canopy pair with no interest. Tried 3 pairs of red dorsals yesterday and two purple eggs.

Went ahead and tried a couple more just now. Electric x Electric = egg. Harvest x Harvest = no interest. Hellfire x Hellfire = Egg. Magi x Magi x 2 = 2 eggs.

And I thought 13 was a good number to stop at. There's some PB even gens for the AP though. wink.gif

Edited by Vhale

I was wondering why my Gold wouldn't produce more little gold dragons. That might just because I have the wrong pairing, though. I've only ever bred a gold x hellfire, and I always get a hellfire. Do you think I should try a different pairing?

Also: my legendary x regulars are doing baldy, also, to remember correctly...

As for the AP blocking vs CB row, I get my dragons from wherever has the most eggs / wherever seems most interesting, so it doesn't matter to me if the AP is always blocked.

same as me I tried breed different dragons with gold like silver one or striped but no luck. no know why. smile.gif

I've noticed my dragons were more reluctant than usual. But in a way that's okay -- if I can't get a metallic I'd just as soon not get an egg at all.

Isn't there a Fertility BSA in the wings?

Edited by chariset

Normally, I don't breed too many dragons at once, I may breed a few one day see what I get, then wait three, four, days or so and breed some more. After reading this I went through and bred numerous dragons.

Lots of my golds, silvers, alts, black, stripes and I got you attempt to breed but no egg is produced. For all breedings except for one, which was an absolute refusal. I decided on an off chance to breed two rock dragons and got a geode. Bred two more rock dragons and got another geode.

Both are still on my scroll but I might abandon them later.

All metallics, blacks and stripes i bred together gave no intrest or no eggs... <.< and i usually breed metallics pretty easily. Oh well gotta breed metallics to other dragons xd.png

I recently bred my sunsongs for personal lineage project, but from 4 pairs I got only 1 egg. Rest was not interested or no egg was produced.

Alright so I decided to check Silvi's again and this is rather interesting I think.

user posted image

The blacks have dropped farther, and you can notice how the stripes, both white and black, are out of the top 15 breeds. Metallics have dropped to about 120, about half of their level roughly a week ago, and trio's seem to be largely unaffected, staying at the same level. Also Tinsels seem to be stable.

All in all, I think this shows exactly what we've seen in our breedings. While I don't care that much for metal luck (shoot me if you want tongue.gif), I care deeply about stripes as this is a setback for my project. However, as purplehaze stated, this is not the first famine we go through, and I've enjoyed the plenty while it lasted.

I just wish it was a more steady rate, not plenty and lack. Of course it's nice to get an egg out of 80% of my breedings, but you know, 40/50 % is also nice. 0-10 % sucks though. A lot.

Guess I'll entertain myself with commons again xd.png

Alright so I decided to check Silvi's again and this is rather interesting I think.

user posted image

The blacks have dropped farther, and you can notice how the stripes, both white and black, are out of the top 15 breeds. Metallics have dropped to about 120, about half of their level roughly a week ago, and trio's seem to be largely unaffected, staying at the same level. Also Tinsels seem to be stable.

All in all, I think this shows exactly what we've seen in our breedings. While I don't care that much for metal luck (shoot me if you want tongue.gif), I care deeply about stripes as this is a setback for my project. However, as purplehaze stated, this is not the first famine we go through, and I've enjoyed the plenty while it lasted.

I just wish it was a more steady rate, not plenty and lack. Of course it's nice to get an egg out of 80% of my breedings, but you know, 40/50 % is also nice. 0-10 % sucks though. A lot.

What is Silvis? seems like a pretty interesting site to go visit

The same miserable results here - I've tried Shinies, Reds, Trios, a few Stripes, some SunSongs, and Hellfires - no one was interested or fertile. And of COURSE Summoning = Fail.

Am now despondent.

Shinies - no luck. Embers, swallows, electrics and pinks - OK. And a tan ridgewing. (Not what I intended - I actually wanted a purple - but a nice surprise anyway !)

Are people meaning that it's just uncommons that are an issue ?

user posted image

You have to note that the numbers include both eggs and hatchies, so there could be 608 black hatchies and NO EGGS at all, which is the issue.

I agree, the feast and famine is the most irritating part. moderation is the key.

I also would rather have nothing if I don't get a metal, except that some of my nice

second gen commons for even gens wouldn't happen. * sighs*

I guess if the world was perfect we would have nothing to complain about.

I could live with no black/stripe/metal breeding. If I had the new limits to help with my common based lineages wink.gif

Alright, no matter with what I breed my blacks or stripes with, the attempts are always not successful. That angery me a bit now, since blacks and stripes are reliable partners for the trios and I just got 1 egg from 20 attempts.

Bred all my metallics (about 15) and got one spring egg. Usually every gold produced one unwanted white egg. This time, no egg at all.

The metals that I've tried to breed all produced no eggs. So until condition improves, the rest of the metals are being separated from their mates and placed on a breeding curfew .. which means no hanky panky .. tongue.gif

Right now, I am focused on breeding some uncommon Geodes, Shallow Water, Blunas with pretty lineages and thus far, all attempts have been successful.

I've had as much luck breeding my metalics as I have summoning. Zilch.

My stripes and reds used to breed brilliantly, but they're fussy these days too.

At least the cave is back to normal so I can get on with collecting CB's...

my Trios give me nothing, though they used to be reliable breeders recently. sad.gif

just thought of 'sumfin'

I remember when I first started collecting, you couldn't breed when AP was blocked

you got no egg produced. I remember having a friend in IM watching for the Ap to unblock so I could click breed wink.gif Maybe this was added again? (I do hope so)

Ok, it seems like my breeding has been greatly affected. I just tried:

2 silvers with blacks, no egg

1 silver with a white, no egg

1 silver with a vine, no egg

1 silver with a spring, no egg (this one always gave me an unwanted seasonal)

1 gold with a red, no egg

1 gold with a white, no egg

1 gold with a black, no egg

1 gold with a spring, the one and only egg I got (seasonal of course)

My tinsel with a black, no egg (they had given me 2 shinies in their only 2 breedings so far)

This is definitely MUCH less than I have ever gotten. I do enjoy the unclogged AP and unblocked cave, but this is being a real setback for my projects...I really don't know what to wish for any more. My trio pairs seem to be doing fine though, I got:

1 magma out of 1 magma x stone pair

2 springs out of 2 ice x seasonal pairs

1 gray out of 2 thunder x gray pairs

I should try my pinks as well, but I have a bad feeling for that branch of my project too.

I must have tried 20-30 pairs today, likely more, since I wanted to breed one single egg before I was scroll locked.

I bread all my metallic, nothing. All my stripes, nothing. Some of my blacks, nothing. Greens? Nothing.

I FINALLY bred my splits, and got a single egg.

I don't breed often. And since the change that you only get one egg, I have kept 100% of the eggs I bred. It's annoying.

I even tried some of my highly successful pairs: Guardian x metalic, and stripped x bone that always gave me an egg in the past, and nata.

Even tries some of my commons, Skywings, goldfish, waters, nata.

I must have tried 20-30 pairs today, likely more...............I even tried some of my highly successful pairs........ nata.

Did you get specific "Refusals" or "No Egg produced" ?